chillicothe correctional center inside

Their guidance has steered this team in assisting to ensure the safe and secure operations of Chillicothe Correctional Center, as well as other facilities, by the removal of dangerous contraband, regaining and maintaining control of offender populations, and facilitating movement of offenders. If you prefer a paper application, you will have to ask your inmate to mail you one. No response was forthcoming to staff members knocking on the door. Skirts, dresses, and shorts may be no shorter than two inches above the top of the kneecap. The CERT team conducted PR24 baton training with all 19 members present. Runners started at Simpson Park and ran to the Fire Department. It was indicated that recently while returning to the institution from training out of town, the vehicle in front of them veered off the right side of the roadway and returned back in front of the state vehicle they were travelling in and proceeded to switch lanes, hitting two cars in the process in the opposite direction. Congratulations to Sergeant Jeff McDaniel and Captain Lorri Welling who were both presented with the Department of Corrections Distinguished Service Award! CO II Koenig stated in the nomination, CO I Gulleys ability to remain calm, cool and collected during potential volatile situations gives her the ability to then build a rapport which aids to deescalate offenders who have lost their ability to make rational decisions. He was nominated by CO II John Morris and CO III Stephanie Eckert. The $120 million facility opened in late 2008, and with a capacity of 1740 inmates at a mix of security levels. Chillicothe Correctional Institution Visitation Reservation Only: click here to email your email reservation. This facility opened in 2008 and has the capacity to house approximately 1,740 inmates. Medications or medical equipment needed to maintain life, such as nitroglycerin, insulin and insulin supplies, oxygen or asthma inhalers, may be taken into the facility in their original container and only in the necessary dosage for the visiting period. Corrections Officer II Cody Spease was named the CCC Employee of the Month for April 2022. Utilizing his experience and training regarding conflict resolution, it was noted that he immediately began establishing control of the area. This presentation was put together after years of. Wrap-around, slit skirts, or dresses are not permitted. Chillicothe hosted their first Polar Plunge at Simpson in Chillicothe MO on February 22, 2021. Emily Asher, Institutional Probation and Parole Officer, was named the June 2021 Employee of the Month. Carla Meyers, OSA was named the February 2021 Employee of the Month. November 2 The Corrections Way Dress Down Day - $2.00, November 10 Morale Committee Dress Down Day - $2.00, November 22 Morale Committee Dress Down Day FREE. Once the dogs have successfully completed the program, they are adopted through their original shelters. The rest of the money was used to COMPLETELY FILL the Salvation Army Food Bank box at Walmart which was empty when the shopper elves (Emily Anderson and Candice Bell) arrived at Walmart. (Chaplain presentation photo), Kristin Stitt, Centurion, Mental Health Clerk 1/3/23, Michelle Thornton, Centurion, WSRU Coordinator 1/3/23, Samuel Ewbank, Maintenance Worker II 1/9/23, Albert Jenkins, Corrections Officer I 1/9/23, Joshua Renken, Corrections Officer I 1/9/23, Brittany Batterson, Corrections Officer I 1/23/23, Sandra Brixey, Corrections Officer I 1/23/23, Jason Lee, Corrections Officer I 1/23/23, Krystalyn Meierer, Corrections Officer I 1/23/23, Jarod Wolf, Recreation Officer I 1/23/23, Craig McIntosh, Part Time-Training/Corrections Officer 1/23/23, Paiten Sackrey, SOSA-Custody to SOSA-AW office 1/3/23, Joshua Bedingfield, COI to COII 1/22/23, Michelle Sutton, SOSA to Policy and Procedure Coordinator, transferred to CRCC 1/1/23. Ray was nominated for this award by Deputy Warden Kimberly Herring and Food Service Manager Sherry Oldham, who recognized his constant professionalism and commitment to ensuring the smooth operations of the facility. It was indicated that while conducting a cell search in a housing unit, Anderson discovered a large amount of dangerous contraband. It must be made payable to the Missouri Department of Corrections and be accompanied by a DOC deposit slip. Pictured: Donald Jones, Carolyn Cassity, Michael Beverage, Eric C. Anderson, Lorri Welling (Not present: Erin Carriker, James Lowe, Timothy McCormick, Kurt Reith, Terrie Toney) (20 year photo), The following staff were recognized for 25 years of service with the Department of Corrections at an Awards Ceremony, Pictured: Amy Gertz, Wesley Davis, Leanna Anderson, Jeffrey Parkey, Tammy Stith, Randy Mullen (Not present: Ellen Kissick, Robert Landwehr, David Sanson) (25 year photo), On January 13, 2023, Stephen Barbee, Prison Fellowship Field Director Kansas and Missouri, presented Chaplain Greg Murphy of Chillicothe Correctional Center, with the Angel Tree Prison Partner Renewal Award. It was indicated that when Chillicothe Correctional Center began facing the challenges presented by COVID-19, Carla was assigned as an Office Support Assistant to Housing Unit #8, which was the designated area for isolation and quarantined offenders. Chillicothe Correctional Center (CCC) is a Minimum, Medium, Maximum security level State Prison located in the city of Chillicothe, Missouri. Winners of the Ugly Sweater contest are as follows: 1st shift Carmelia Bannan, 2nd Shift Angela Hightower, and 3rd shift Michael McCurley. On 06/12/2021, CCC held its 10th annual Poker Run for Special Olympics. CCM II John Huber and Institutional Training Officer Philip Bower. Please join Warden McBee and the Employee of the Month Committee in congratulating Katie Warren, Office Support Assistant, on being named the CCC Employee of the Month for August 2022. September Town Halls were held September 26, 2021 from 6:00-7:00am, 2:00-3:00pm and 3:00-4:00pm. Chillicothe Correctional Center is a mixed-security state prison for female inmates located in Chillicothe, Missouri. We greatly appreciate staff generosity and the Wellness Committee for hosting the blood drive. She truly is an asset to this facility and the Department as a whole. As a result of all staff efforts, a significant amount of dangerous contraband was successfully confiscated from this offender during asearch. October 17 Blood Drive 9:00 am 3:00 pm, CO I Curtis is assigned on Third Shift, where he is one of only two staff designated as PACT members. CCC staff will greatly miss her while she is out! Kelleys actions and initiative not only answered a need for offenders with specific medical needs, but also conserved Clothing Issues budget and inventory by reducing the number of state-issue pillows needed to address those needs.. It is stated in the nomination, FUM Ashton Christophers willingness to assist his housing unit in emergency situations displays exemplary leadership skills and teamwork. Maxine was born on Aug. 30, 1921, to parents James Peter Nielson and Blanche . It was indicated that CO I Humphrey is assigned to the administrative segregation unit and consistently goes above and beyond her assigned duties on a daily basis to ensure the unit is running smoothly. 11271 State Route 762 Orient, OH 43146 614-877-2441 Fax 614-877-3853 Warden Jossette Okereke. February 3 Wellness Committee FREE Dress Down Day-Wear Red, February 6-12 FREE CHIEFS DRESS DOWN WEEK, February 13 Holiday, Lincolns Birthday, February 21 FREE Dress Down Day Morale Committee. Ck I Samantha Rhinehart The winners were both awarded a $20 prize. January 16 HOLIDAY - Martin Luther King Day, The Wellness Committee purchased 3 turkeys and 3 hams to be given away randomly to staff during the week of November 14-18, 2022. Ms. Horton is a huge asset to this facility and her actions consistently demonstrate that she is a professional and a team player. Ms. Stevens is a huge asset to this facility and her actions consistently demonstrate she is a professional and a team player. Warden McBee also recognized and presented these items to the other members of the CCC Administrative Team (Deputy Warden Ryan Coffman, Deputy Warden Kimberly Herring, Assistant Warden Amy Parkhurst, and Major David Savage), in addition to, Business Manager Chelsey Rhoades for their continued support and dedication to ensuring the CCC CERT Team has the resources needed to perform their mission. His positive attitude creates a positive work environment., Michael Snoderly, COI, Transfer from WMCC 10/2/22, Christopher Drake, COI, transfer from MCC 10/16/22, Suzanne Hoerrmann, CCMII to FUM 10/30/22. She called for a Sergeant and pulled the offender off to the side in the TCU Unit where a strip search resulted in the discovery of several slivers of Suboxone. He is an asset to Chillicothe. CO I Cheyenne Harkins CO I Heather Haynes (See TCW July Display), Lisa Ripley , Academics Teacher III July 12, 2021, Candice Frans, COI (transfer from MCC) July 11, 2021, Lindy Smith, OSA to Account Clerk July 1. Offender graduates were recognized from Ashland University, HSE, Basic Customer Service, Business Technology, Culinary Arts, Professional Gardening & Landscaping, Cosmetology, Puppies 4 Parole and B.L.A.S.T. Brian Kolodziejski, Stationary Engineer 11/1/21, Carla McDaniel, COI (transfer from WMCC) effective 10/31/21, reporting 11/1/21, Ruth Munsterman, OSA-Captains Office -011/15/21, Vivian Chaverra, COI (transfer from WMCC) effective 11/14/21, reporting 11/15/21, Angela Maberry, COI to IAC effective 10/31/21, reporting 11/1/21, Carla Meyers, OSA to STK I effective 11/21/21, Jacquelyn Hooks, OSA to CCM effective 11/28/21, December 7 PBC (for The Corrections Way) Dress Down Day $2.00, December 8 Morale Committee Dress Down Day $2.00, December 9 PBC (for The Corrections Way) Dress Down Day $2.00, December 19-25 FREE Dress Down Days (Christmas Week), December 29 Free Morale Committee Dress Down Day. Officer Stone was then transported by ambulance. She indicated that Vicki was always willing to offer her assistance and answer her questions. 12 staff members attended the meetings. Ms. Ireland is a huge asset to this facility and her actions consistently demonstrate she is a professional and a team player, Michaelle Lowery, Corizon, WSRU Coordinator May 3, 2021, Billie Richards, COI to CCM - May 17, 2021, Paula Murphy, OSA to MVE Supervisor II May 24, 2021, Christopher Carpenter, COI to Electronics Technician May 24, 2021, Tammy Dysart, Business Executive II May 31, 2021. For the Pie in the Face contest, employees voted by monetary donation for the Administration Team Member they wanted to see get the pie in the face. An award ceremony was held on Thursday, April 18, 2019, at Chillicothe Correctional Center. Mr. Monroy utilized quick thinking skills in responding to this incident and ensured the safety of all those around him. The following town hall meetings were held in August: CO I Mandy Estes has recovered a substantial amount of dangerous contraband while conducting her daily duties. Utilizing her training and excellent searching skills, she found and recovered the items, reducing the presence of contraband in the institution. Investigator Aaron York has worked tirelessly on numerous issues that arise at CCC. In talking with the family, he learned they were in the process of moving to Georgia and had packed the vehicle with their belongings. Her actions greatly contribute to the smooth operations of the institution and her professionalism does not go unnoticed. These leaves could be purchased for $1.00/each and the money raised was to be given to the Kindness Revolution. Chillicothe Correctional Center (CCC) is a minimum, medium, maximum security level. Congratulations to Award of Valor recipient Correctional Officer I Rodney Buttz. Puppies for Parole operates through partnerships with animal shelters and animal advocate groups statewide. Photo (L to R) Amy Parkhurst, AW, Kimberly Herring, DWO, Aaron Sanders, COI, Distinguished Service award recipient, David Savage, CSII, Distinguished Service award recipient, Chad Gardner, COII, Lifesaver award recipient, Chris McBee, Warden, Ryan Coffman, DWOM. No action went unnoticed. Officer Stone was then brought on a yard cart to the shift supervisors office. Ms. Sims was the Employee of the Month for October. CO I Robert Frock Nicole Grady, COI, called a Code 16-staff. They were recognized for their actions in response to an accident which occurred on June 27, 2022, involving a dump truck and an Amtrak passenger train at a railway crossing near Mendon, Missouri. CHILLICOTHE CORRECTIONAL CENTER is a Maximum-security correctional facility located in Missouri. Friday was Buffalo Plaid/Flannel themed dress down day and popcorn. Brandon Johnson promoted from QMHP to Institutional Chief of MH 7/27/2020. This bag may contain: Chillicothe Correctional Center3151 Litton RoadChillicothe, MO 64601Driving Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/Pw5fuxoVC1Bajvdz5, Inmate Name, DOC Number, and Housing UnitChillicothe Correctional Center3151 Litton RoadChillicothe, MO 64601. The Kindness Revolution assists local schools, businesses, and organizations with fundraising for great causes. SK I Patricia Gladbach Rhonda was nominated for this award by CO II Nicholas Koenig, who recognized her constant professionalism and ability to handle difficult situations. On July 15, 2021 an awards ceremony for several staff members received the Distinguished or Lifesaver awards was held. Due to the diligence of CO I Bell and the other staff members involved, dangerous contraband was prevented from being introduced into the institution, ensuring the safety of both staff and offenders. Vicki was nominated for this award by Karen Gatton, CCM, who recognized her constant professionalism and willingness to assist her fellow staff members. He assumes the responsibilities of the Locksmith and the Fire and Safety Manager when these staff members are away from the facility. Town Hall Meetings have been suspended indefinitely due to COVID-19. July 1 PBC Dress Down Day $2 Bomb Pop Day, July 4 Special Olympics Dress Down Day $2, July 5 Morale Committee Dress Down Day - $2, July 7 The Corrections Way Dress Down Day - $2, July 11 Special Olympics Dress Down Day - $2, July 13 The Corrections Way Dress Down Day - $2, July 14 Morale Committee FREE Dress Down Day, July 18 Special Olympics Dress Down Day - $2, July 25 Special Olympics Dress Down Day - $2, July 27 Morale Committee Dress Down Day - $2. Chillicothe Correctional Center November 2022 Big News Turkey/Ham Giveaway The Wellness Committee purchased 3 turkeys and 3 hams to be given away randomly to staff during the week of November 14-18, 2022. . The receive code for Missouri DOC is 2439. I left control center and spoke to Lisa Clark and requested her help and for one of the nurses to come. Institutional Investigator Chuck Ness was named the CCC Employee of the Month for May 2022. Pictured in the large group photo is employees from Probation & Parole, Chillicothe Correctional Center and the Chillicothe Police Department. Major David Savage and CO I Aaron Sanders were both presented with the Department of Corrections Distinguished Service Award, which is bestowed on staff for performing exceptional actions that promote professionalism, teamwork, integrity, and/or safety. The Employee of the Year was announced and staff members were awarded their years of service pins. Supply Manager Stith indicated in the nomination, Ms. Each of these individuals contribute greatly to the smooth operations of the institution and their professionalism does not go unnoticed. Katrina was nominated for this award by her supervisor, COII Tommy Pittman, who recognized her constant professionalism and commitment to ensuring a safe environment for staff and offenders. At this point Sgt. (Lifesaver Award recipients 1122 photo and King, Brown photo), Addison Webb, Gateway, Substance Abuse Counselor 11/8/22, Trevor Phillips, Part-time COI 11/14/22, Alexander Arthur, COII, transfer from MCC 11/21/22, William Yarbrough, COI November 30, 2022. Sergeant McDaniel called 911 and Captain Welling went to check on the victims of all the occupancies of the vehicles. Due to Cameron's willingness to help and quick response in putting out the fire, many. June Town Hall meetings were held on July 28, 2022 at 6:00am, 10:00am and 3:00pm. The Chillicothe High School raised over $2,000 for the school. On January 10, 2020, an offender was experiencing a mental health crisis. She assisted with keeping the Administration work area clean when the porters werent coming up due to COVID-19. Two events were held including a Water Soaker Contest and a Pie in the Face Contest. On February 27, 2019,while moving and searching a storage cabinet in a housing unitday room, CO I Donald Jahraus discovered an item of dangerous contraband. It was quickly filled with positive and symptomatic offenders. Housing Unit #2 staff wanted to acknowledge you for once again going above and beyond. Dominos pizza, cupcakes made by Kim Klever and chocolate covered strawberries were served. When limited visiting was opened up, she took on the responsibility of making appointments for family to see their loved ones. Due to the diligence of CO I Bell and the other staff members involved, dangerous contraband was prevented from being introduced into the institution, e, Marlene Pfister, Licensed Practical Nurse, Tabitha Johnson, Licensed Practical Nurse, Sterling Ream, Health Services Administrator, Tammy Christopher, Licensed Practical Nurse, Transfers from CRCC effective 7/12/19 7/14/19, Memorial Ceremony and Balloon Release for CO I Adron Sharp, June 6 Comp Payout Deadline for June 14, On Thursday, April 25, 2019, CCC hosted a health fair for staff called 'Know Your Numbers.' For additional information on these opportunities or the application process, please contact Kelly Lott at 740-774-7080, ext. The following town hall meetings were held in November: November 13 at 6:00 am, 11:00 am, & 8:00 pm, Charitable Campaign Fundraisers a Success. On 7/17/20, Ms. Parkey stayed well beyond her scheduled work day to assist with offender moves due to the sudden increase in the positive COVID cases. While conducting these searches, he found a homemade metal weapon (shank) which was hidden under a table in the Maintenance Department. All offenders are evaluated during the intake process at the reception and diagnostic centers. CO I Mark HochCO I Bobby Holmes He was able to establish a degree of cooperation from the offender to bring her into compliance without use of force during this event. In honor of CVRW, CCC offenders and staff donated hygiene items to the Green Hills Women's Shelters in Cameron and Trenton MO. dangerous contraband was concealed in the card. She was diligent in her duties going above and beyond to assist in whatever way she could and she continues to do so. held at Chillicothe Correctional Center on January 31, 2023. She presented the pillow for approval and was able to quickly have a pillow sewn to be issued to the offender. All money orders must be sent to the following address: Offender Finance OfficeMissouri Department of CorrectionsP.O. He regularly helps staff with all job duties, such as wing tours, property inventories, and counts. Due to Cameron's willingness to help and quick response in putting out the fire, many. It was indicated that recently when the OSA assigned to the Shift Commanders Office retired, Paiten generously volunteered to assume these duties to assist in helping the office run smoothly, in addition to her many responsibilities as the Office Support Assistant for the Chief of Custody. Graduation for the offenders was held Friday, October 21, 2022. Savage and others provided comfort and care to the victims of the accident until the first responders arrived. Aprils actions greatly contributed to the smooth operations of the institution and her professionalism does not go unnoticed. It was indicated that a new procedure recently became effective in Administrative Segregation related to the handling and storage of offender allowable and non-allowable property while the offender is on TASC status. DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS . Carla was nominated for this award by her former supervisor, Lori Parkey, FUM who recognized her constant professionalism and willingness to assist her fellow staff members. Lisa Clark then instructed control center to call an ambulance. [Lifesaver awards, contest winners, etc. The following town hall meetings were held in February: In June2019, Visiting Room staff were notified that a tip had been received from an offender that contraband was to enter the institution by a visitor and were placed on alert. Ms. Gulley is a huge asset to this facility and her actions consistently demonstrate that she is a professional and a team player. From the beginning, Ms. Parkey has been forthcoming and patient. From the onset of the COVID-19 crisis, she has risen to the challenge and remained positive. The door to the staff restroom was secured but radio traffic could be heard through the door. This recovery prevented offenders from receiving and using an illegal substance. By October 2, CCC staff had contributed $200.00 to the Kindness Revolution. On Thursday, April 25, 2019, CCC hosted a health fair for staff called 'Know Your Numbers.' Congratulations to CCC Maintenance Staff who recently completed Missouri Apprenticeship in Manufacturing Program (MoAMP) Training! He discussed the situation with CO I Robinson, which led to her continuing the conversation with the offender. Warden Tim Shoop Phone 740-774-7080 (Fax: 740-779-5398) Email drc.cci@odrc.state.oh.us Address 15802 State Route North 104 Chillicothe, OH 45601 Volunteers in Prison Thursday was Wear Green dress sown day and candy pass out. Photo #2 Back Row (L to R): Jeffrey McDaniel, COII, Leanna Whitney, RN, Kelly Chrisman, NP, Ben Sutton, CCM, Robert Tate, COI, Chris McBee, Warden, David Savage, CSII. Eight staff members attended the meetings. The CCC Wellness Committee sold BBQ hot dog lunches to staff members on all three shifts for $5.00. United States, Credentialed Batter Intervention Programs, Early Discharge/ Earned Compliance Credit, A Guide to Understanding P&P for Family and Friends, Level I Supervision Report Form (Only works with Internet Explorer), Required Educational Assessment and Community Treatment (REACT), Supervision Strategies and Treatment Alternatives Booklet, Suicide Is Forever video - female version, Community Supervision Centers & Community Release Centers, Law Enforcement Notification System (LENS), https://maps.google.com/maps?q=%273151%20Litton%20Road%2C%20Chillicothe%2C%20MO, Division of Offender Rehabilitative Services. CO I Sanders' actions were professional and helpful to both his fellow officer and the institution. Shawns actions greatly contributed to the smooth operations of the institution and his professionalism does not go unnoticed. Linda was nominated for this award by Mailroom Supervisor, SOSA Penney Clevenger, who recognized her constant professionalism and commitment to ensuring a safe environment for staff and offenders. It is with pride that I nominate her for this award and a very big thank you as your. Dominos pizza, cupcakes made by Kim Klever and chocolate covered strawberries were served. On March 19, 2019 as Captain Jerry Shafer was driving home from work on westbound US Highway 36, he observed a vehicle in the ditch. Once he arrived and was apprised of the incident, he then assisted an already short-staffed housing unit with room moves and conducting interviews. Ms. Gladbach is a huge asset to this facility and her actions consistently demonstrate that she is a professional and a team player. February 3 PBC Favorite football team dress down day $2.00, February 4 Wellness Committee Wear RED FREE dress down day, February 21 HOLIDAY Washingtons Birthday. There were 10 staff members present. The nomination states, JD leads by example and his staff respect and admire him for that. Janet Rhodes, CROIII, was awarded the FRDC Wardens Coin of Excellence, a recognition reserved for staff who demand a high level of achievement from themselves, continually going the extra mile to assist others, role model the Departments code of conduct, and support the mission, vision, and strategic plan of the Missouri Department of Corrections. Ray was nominated for this award by Deputy Warden Kimberly Herring and Food Service Manager Sherry Oldham, who recognized his constant professionalism and commitment to ensuring the smooth operations of the facility. The facility houses Female Offenders who are convicted for crimes which come under Michigan state and federal laws. The PBC also had fundraisers throughout the year and used the money earned to buy gifts. You can also deposit cash into an inmates account via MoneyGram. There were six staff members present. Lindas actions greatly contribute to the smooth operations of the institution and her professionalism does not go unnoticed. 21 offenders participated in the Polar Plunge raising $413.00 for Special Olympics. An Awards Ceremony was held Wednesday, January 5, 2022 in the Visiting Room. Small lockers are available to store your purses, wallets, or keys, if necessary, however, it is requested you bring only necessary items and secure the rest in your vehicle.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[970,250],'prisoninsight_com-banner-1','ezslot_6',134,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-prisoninsight_com-banner-1-0'); Coins may be brought in a clear sandwich bag or transparent plastic pouch for use in the vending machine. Information from DAI meeting was also shared. Pictures of Chillicothe Correctional Center, Careers at Chillicothe Correctional Center. When you bring a small infant or child, one clear carry-all for infant supplies is allowed. Three inmates escape Athens County correctional facility, one apprehended. All staff maintained the resuscitation efforts until the Paramedics arrived and took over all life-saving measures. Darrell Kraus, Stationary Engineer 2/14/22, Genevieve Blair, Substance Abuse Counselor 2/14/22. Copyright 2023PrisonInsight.com, all rights reserved. He is very meticulous in his job duties as the Ad Seg Property Officer. Lori Parkey, FUM of Housing Unit 8 was an invaluable leader throughout this unprecedented time. Ms. Kamp is very dependable and goes above and beyond her normal job duties. Three staff members have received their Certificate of Achievement as The Corrections Way Ambassadors. Upon further search of the envelopes, twelve clear strips were found within them, which tested positive for suboxone by Investigator Chuck Ness.

Arbor Day Reading Comprehension, Why Can't Mormon Missionaries Hug, Ghost Town Crips, Articles C

chillicothe correctional center inside