franchi momentum elite vs tikka t3

that blew my mind that an OOB rifle would have that much contact. Then you can go pick up in your local store in just a couple days and do the government paperwork and walk away with it. They come in the same price bracket as Tikka rifles but from what I have read, unlike the popular T3X rifles, Sauer 100 rifles Dumb! Also, at least in my area, they are readily available which is a huge bonus right now. FRANCHI MOMENTUM ELITE 6.5 CREEDMOOR 24" 3RD BOLT RIFLE - REALTREE EXCAPE / BURNT BRONZE True Price: $ 813.69. Its way more fun to shoot than the other guns. Thoughts? Vlad is typical progtard. Obviously your not going to buy one move on. Keep up the great work. I\ve hunted since high school age but always small game/birds. Bought a vanguard series 2 in 270cant wait to shoot it put a leupold 3x9x50 ..I have 1400.00 in it first expensive gun Ive ever owned.wish me luck, The rifle you are selling that is under $350 thats quiet what caliber is it and who makes it need more information please thank you. Franchi Momentum .350 Legend Threaded 24" Bbl FDE BA Rifle 41562. Excellent in every way but its expensive. I saw your video on the 7mm prc and considered waiting till they came out. I havent seen you review any CZ rifle, any cause un particular? As I completely dislike sporter pencil barrels. Loved this article keep em coming! Ill be using it in the Southern Rockies for context. Both have NO bolt lock when on safety. I wish more gun writers would be as informative. Are you still doing a full review on that caliber? What about the Winchester Model 70? What ammo are you shooting in your cross? Ive shot heavier .308s with more felt recoil than this guy. After getting what I believe to be a bad copy of a Ruger American in 308, I am looking to upgrade. unloaded and 46.7 . If you want to hunt larger game like elk, then Id recommend getting the same rifle in .30-06 Springfield. The plasticky stock is Pure junk. Its actually a piece of cake. A fairly vertical pistol grip offers comfortable control from most any shooting position. Id love to hear if the model 70 is still relevant. Seems that they manage to work loose occasionally. I would really like one in one of the 7mm flavors. This gun is very accurate, has a great bump pad to absorb recoil (unlike most wood rifles) and has a threaded barrel for good measure. Looks great. The data-driven nature of the content is extremely helpful. $1,299.00. I didnt see a Bergara in your list. In this price range, manufacturers use very loose tolerances and have very poor quality control, so Im careful what I recommend. A little heavier than the cross but the little feedback Ive seen has been good. Optional Features TSA Recoil Pads TSA recoil pads for LOP adjustment. Not many have been around since they are new this year. Id also like to hear more about the threading on the various barrels and if they are suitable for use with a suppressor i.e. I really love your channel. Most people hide their plasticky pieces of shit from their friends if their friends are the old foxes who know what a real gun is. Hi Jim Im trying to click your links to the guns but its not working. I do have a question that I hope you will address. The other option is the Springfield 2020 Waypoint. I like the fact that you backed your reviews with a substantial reason for the review vs nothing to substantiate the review. Stock: A carbon version of Bergaras excellent HMR stock. Or, even better if your choice cost less. A shiny one. Likely sub-half-MOA. Jim- Have you tested/reviewed any of the Sauer 100 rifles? You must log in or register to reply here. Do you still recommend them. This post contains affiliate links to help monetize this site. Thanks for the videos, they have been great! And yes, I did get the stainless barrel, but its cerrakoted, so reflection should be minimized. The Sig Cross has really become one of my favorite guns to shoot. The Sig Cross is the rifle that I have consistently used more than any other hunting rifle in my gun vault. Tikka T3X Compact Bolt-Action Rifle - Best .308 Lightweight Hunting Rifle. a few few hundred cycles smoothed it right up. How about a Bergara Wilderness Ridge in 7 mag? In my mind, there are only two good options in the sub-$500 price point: (1) The CVA Cascade, and (2) The Ruger American and preferably the Predator version. Thanks for your thoughts and time! And the thought of upgrades on a new rifle seems stupid to me. Man I really love your reviews! The CVA Cascade is an exceptional rifle for the price. I am really interested in a waypoint. I just have to say thank you I really appreciate your unbiased and honest opinions. NO, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control_in_Italy, F Franchi, and Baretta and their ilk. Accuracy * * * * * I was unaware of the QC issues with the Cross. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Jim. Do you have any experience with the Franchi? The Tikka action is by far the best in this price point because it cycles ammo perfectly, has a silky smooth bolt slide and is manufactured to a high tolerance so every last one I pick up feels just as good as the one next to it. Theres something cool coming. Regardless, they should have went with a flush mount magazine like the Axis which, if I may add sells new for a third of the Momentums MSRP in my part of the world. Fantastic. Im looking for another LR hunting rifle and was seriously looking at Christianson arms but not so much now. The Elite Varmint, introduced last year, should readily . Hey Jim, I would love to hear your imput on which rifle you prefer between the Ruger American, CVA Cascade, and the Winchester XPR. Jeremy is TTAG's Deputy Editor, working mostly behind the scenes but, when he attempts to write, he focuses on comprehensive gun & gear reviews. I went ahead and ordered a scope today, I had a leupold vx5 3x15 and sent it back, and today I ordered a Burris Signature HD 3x15, so I will see how they compare. Caliber: .308 Winchester (available in five other calibers, too) If I were buying a new hunting rifle today and I could drop $2,300, Id pick the Fierce Rogue with a steel action. Im at a point that I can spend $1500+ for a hunting rifle. It might be Franchi just trying to stay ahead of magazine restrictions in some (less free) parts of the world. Same as you, I wish the offerings were a bit better. I have the weather extreme in 25-05 that I purchased for a Pronghorn hunt topped with a Leupold VX6 HD. I could go for a more grabby grip myself, but the Momentums checkering is certainly sufficient. The scope hasnt moved for years now and I have shot it quite a bit. The trigger is adjustable like the Tikka. Im considering a modern Win 70 as well. Saving a penny by not buying grease and oil costs you hundreds of dollars in rust repair. have since restocked it with a B&C M40, and will use it for long range targets and steel. I have been considering the Winchester xpr spotter (walnut stock) in 308 Win. However, they really dont get enough attention from huntersmostly because they make few attempts to really stand out from the other rifles on the shelf. And a nice walnut stock would have cost them a few more pennies to use. Feeler gauges became shims for my lathe and mill. As a matter of fact these days it usually sucks. Im thinking a 6 creedmoore with a proof carbon barrel, MDT onyx chassis, timmey trigger but cant decide on the action. Thanks, I have looked all over and cant find out much about these. I would love to see you review a Lithgow la102 from Australia. Its like comparing a Kia against a BMW. Hey Jim, love your reviews and videos, just wondering when we might start seeing 7mm PRC rifles becoming more available in stores? The controlled-round feed action is great. Availability might be part of the problem. I\m in northern Arizona and hunt in everything from dense forest to open desert, shots rarely over 400 yards. I would not even try and shoot a moose with the Creedmore but its no problem with the 6.5 Swede with its 1 in 7.8 twist with the 160 grain slugs. Honestly, you need to review one. Ill update the post. I really have enjoyed watching your YouTube channel and reading some of your articles on backfire! You mention that you felt the Browning X-Bolt Pro was not a good fit for a heavy recoil gun. The Tikka T3X Lite comes with an absolutely fantastic action. But honestly these are not deal-breakers (or at least I think so). Thanks. They seem to check a lot of the boxes Im looking in a rifle and seem to have a lot of bang for the buck for a rifle just over $500. **sorry for posting this comment on another article, but I guess this is the more suitable article for this discussion. Im in love. As Im new to the shooting world Im still undecided on a long range target rifle. Is the quality that good? JavaScript is disabled. I can stretch the budget to a Browning if I have to, but the Winchester XPR is more in my price range. A very accurate danish produced rifle. The Tikka Superlite 7RM is my dedicated high country rifle, weighing in at 7.1 lbs scoped. In our testing, the Weatherby Vanguard shot the most accurately, although the difference between it, the Bergara and the Tikka was so small that I doubt we could call it statistically significant. Savage, Tikka, Browning, Christensen- all offer LH options and should be commended for it. I have monkey arms so a new stock is in the future for whatever rifle I choose another reason Im trying to keep the price down. The new Franchi Momentum is darn near an exact copy to the Ruger American. No doubt, it has s lot to offer. Can you, or have you already, done a review on the Bergara Premier Divide ? Ive seen your comments that fierce rifles have poor fit and finish and that customer service is also poor. Went on my first hunt (elk) this October. under 9 lb 7 mm or 300 w m. Jim, I know you are a fierce fan. Dont get me wrong. I have been looking at the savage 110 ultralite 6.5 creedmoor. So how do you really feel? Have you had any experience with the new fierce rage? Purchased an Sig Cross in 6.5 today. The Momentum is Franchi's hunting rifle, introduced by the Italian firm in 2018. That one is on my radar and Id love to hear your thoughts on it. I dont want it to feel pain or the anxiety of dying slowly. killed three whitetail with it this past season. Watch my full review of the Springfield 2020 Waypoint. Even though Im happy with my decision, the Ultralite might have been the better way to go. Some people get a good one, others get a lemon. Yes, even if my hunting situation means most shots will be shorter range, I want a rifle that will reach out and make a 250 or 350 yard shot accurately in case it needs to. So small and packable, and Im getting incredible accuracy out of it. P.S. Looks like a good buy. I know its very high end but with a replaced hip and knee, I want anchored shots and believe that cartridge is a slight upgrade on the venerable 300WM. Can Italian go to a local gun store and buy one (or any firearm) without a government license or permission? So it is not a 700 rem action like the Bergara, So no MDT chassis at this time to match. My 6.5 CM shoots sub MOA groups. Mine is in 223 for chucks. Really, the only thing that keeps me from owning more of them is that I can rarely find them in the chamberings I want. LOL. If not the ultralight, whats the best 7 PRC for around $1500? The stock looks like a varmint/tactical/long range/hunting compromise, and may do those thing well, its just not what I was looking for. Stock: AG Composites Alpine Hunter. An innovative modern design with folding buttstock, pistol grip. It feels almost as rigid as concrete, and thats a good thing. However, Ruger American rifles are not perfect. The redesigned rifle includes all the original features that. Unlocking the Momentums bolt took more effort than a typical Remington 700. I actually ordered a CVA cascade first, in .308, but changed my mind and returned it and bought the Franchi. Manual dont talk about 6.5 Creedmore ! With plain Jane 55 grain hornady soft points and max listed load of H4895, it shoots 1/4 to 3/8 at 100 yards if I lay off the coffee. Its incredibly well built. Pls recommend as I need a rifle under 1500 $ including Scope for shooting upto 600 Yards with cheaper ammo to practice more. I own a 6.5-.300 Wby and reload my own ammo. A friend of mine was trying to talk me into a Christensen arms Ridgeline FFT but from what you said about their QC in manufacturing I\m not sure I want to risk it. Ive got an old 700 that is a beautiful gun and was a great deal but Im taking the plastic stock Savage up in the tree this fall. Hold on to it. Thank you for your great videos especially on moderately priced optics and arms. We watch all your videos on YouTube. I\m relatively new to the channel & website, and it has quickly become a favorite of mine. I am a huge fan of their 1911s and know they are big into precision rifles. Keep up the great work. Things happen and every animal is different, but I feel like its my duty to show that respect. Not real excited about paying for a custom build so wondering what you would recommend I consider? I also have ignored the Winchester M70 for exactly the reason you mentioned. Twist Rate: 1:11 While I believe theyve succeeded in creating a stock that accommodates many different shooting positions and feels above average in all, it doesnt necessary excel in any of them. All are captive so you wont lose them. (The extra mags are also only like $20 which is nice, too.) Yes and yes. If a person is willing to invest the money; would you recommend the reaper above all else for a do it all hunting rifle? It has become one of my favorite guns. So where are you from originally and where are you now..Im thinking not the US. More velocity with the heavier bullets which by the way do not work so well in the 6.5 Creedmore. I would definitely buy the Winchester XPR SR version, which means suppressor ready, so you get a threaded barrel. Is it worth it? Its short, compact, lightweight, sinfully accurate with my handloads, feeds 100%, and adjustable so it fits me perfectly. keep on the good work and excuse my poor englis. That limits my choice of rifles. Can you review the Sako S20 or why havent you done it yet? Vald, I love me some harbor freight. The stock and barrel is nothing special unless someone could chime in as to why it is different than all the others plastic stocks? Seller: Ammo And Arms. When will you be putting the Seekins HAVAK PH2 through its paces? The reason I like the CVA Cascade over the Ruger American is because it has a much more rigid stock, a better action, and it still comes with a quality barrel. I think I will try to pick one up next week, in either a .308 or .300. As did locking it. Barrett, AI, etc. Thank you. Savage just came out with a Savage 110 carbon predator. Itd make a Backstreet Boy jealous. Also, I think the X-Bolt Pro just isnt bringing enough to the table for doubling the price over a regular X-Bolt. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Im in the market for my very first rifle and I have been eying up the Weatherby Vanguard ever since I saw you pick it. Never shot 6.5 but all I hear are good things whats your opinion. Just curious, have you had a chance to review the Benelli Lupo. First available in 1936 for Petes sake. Length of Pull: 14 inches (adjustable with spacers) I recently had a chance to sight it in and run everything over the chronograph . It is so fun to shoot and is extremely accurate! I own 30-06, i own a 300 win mag , now never pull anything out but the 300 win mag , it is a Browning A bolt with the belly clip , has the sweet spot muzzle break ,that takes care of half of the recoil and have the Remington butt pad . The rings came with friction paper. Im looking for ANY rifle with a floor plate, metal, and wood but the only two I find are model 70, and browning. And contrary to most German rifles today, the barrel is threaded into the reciever (not heat shrunk). I know I have expediencies it. I might add for a hunting rifle the 6.5 Swede is superior to the 6.5 Screedmore. With the Sako 85 you get better wood and more metal, but I would rather buy a Tikka T3. I looked it up and the barrel profile is exactly the same for bigger calibers. YOU SHOULD TEST THE SAKO S20 in 6.5 PRC OR THE SAKO BRANDS. I was all ready to order the Fierce but I see your post above and now I am on the fence. Mine shoots 1/2 MOA with handloads, Available in: 6 Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC, .308 Win, Available in: 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC, .308 Win, 300 Win Mag. As you can see I am a gun collector and have not used my 7 mm Mag. Nearly every touch-point Ive had with the company shows obvious signs of errors. . Moreover, the firearm boasts an excellent light and smooth trigger. So Id recommend just paying for it online. Franchi lists the Momentum's weight at 6.6 pounds, unloaded and unscoped. Unfortunately now I see it for $1700. I loved the way it shot and felt. What do you think about the CZ 557 line and the new 600s? If you are looking at that sub $1000 rifle check out the Bergara Wilderness Ridge (Mine was $850). I havent heard you talk much about the Seekins rifles, any thoughts on them? So with 6.5CM its sure to take the deers soul. I mean, I realize you use supersonic ammunition and would have liked to have heard how home-rolled subsonic ammo performed. There are very few reviews and almost zero information about how the Howa carbon shoots. The Tikka T3x has a single-column detachable clip magazine made from a strong fiberglass-reinforced composition. Hunting rifles per say but not many of the new techno rifles. Thanks, I enjoy watching you on YouTube and its really nice to see your reviews before purchasing guns and related stuff. Also, the very aged sporter stock design doesnt lend itself well to shooting long rangeespecially in such a light rifle. My experience as well Tim! So, too, will the rifles 2-position safety allow you to load and unload safely. The Howa is around $200-$300 cheaper than the Savage. On the range, the Franchi Momentum Elite Varmint is a bit larger and heavier compared to some of the thinner and shorter barreled Momentum rifles, coming in at 9 lbs., 6.4 ozs. To this day when I pull that out for fun it still shoots tight groups. Hello I love your videos and your reviews the only comment I have is that the savage 110 ultralite does not have the accustock. November 29, 2018 By Steve Gash. Commissions are earned for links to Brownell's, Amazon, MidwayUSA, GoHunt, OpticsPlanet, Sportsman's Warehouse, and other retailers. I was in the market for an affordable hunting rifle this year and you helped me a lot and changed my mind on my first choice. Its typically priced around $950, but for $100 extra dollars over the $850 budget, you get an adjustable mini chassis. Boy, so many good 7 mags. 1. can be top loaded, Plus, it uses an old-school sporter stock that just isnt what todays long-range shooter is looking for. People harp on me for recommending the Weatherby Vanguard because its essentially the same thing as a Howa 1500, but costs more money. Seekins is another I looked into but judging by the lack of representation in reviews I\m not confident in it either. Excellent 3/4 MOA accuracy with Hornady Precision Hunter ammo, QD Flush cups and picatinny embedded in the stock, Available in all the most popular chamberings for custom rifles (including 7 PRC), I personally would have preferred that they went with a more modern vertical grip, I wish there were an arca rail on the bottom of the forend for connecting to a tripod. I havent tried the Rage yet, but I have used that same action and stock in different configurations. Amway if anyone has one opinions please. I think a majority of Americans know the old saying you just took a paragraph to explain. Have you heard any news about springfield adding additional calibers for it? I have fond memories of my Weatherby, but the last few years its spent more time in my gun safe while I pack smaller calibers. However, I kill a lot of elk where Im from, and my smaller 6.5s dont produce the knock down effect I had with the Weatherby. You have my general answer, but below Ill provide more detail and reasoning for those selections, as well as some rifles not to pick. The best part of learning how much I love hunting was how little I first put in. Those that do could at least be highlighted. Hornady Precision hunter was working well in mine. Thanks for all of your vids and you helped me get my last two rifles with all the choices. It is their lowest entry point to their rifles but looks interesting. You havent included Winchester in your reviews. I was pretty confident in the 110 Ultralight that I found locally for a hair under $1000 but your updates here are making me rethink that. You should always spend your hard earned money on what *you* like, but the Franchi stock strikes me as an example of what the late Chuck Hawks called "Euro trash.". Not impressed with the plastic trigger guard also because I have broken one on a different rifle and it was a pain in the rear to source. Question about the vanguard vs the bergara. If you want a wood stock, metal parts, and nice bluing, feel free to spend an extra $300 or more on a Ruger Hawkeye or similar. I have been looking at the Browning BAR for years, its a great gun, but I would really like to have an AR format. As i get older i am now back to 6,555 and 8x57IS and 308win when it come to calibers but that is more related to the hunting i do than the rifles .Love your tube videos and the fact that you have your own opinions an are not afraid to tell everyone about them. A friend texted me last week and said he had a $750 budget for a first hunting rifle and asked me what he should buy. I decided to to send Fierce an email basically telling them how disappointed I was with the tight chamber and extractor design issues and failure. Premium recoil pad, pic rail, fluted barrel, muzzle break.MOA guaranteed accuracy like the Tikka. What is your opinion on this gun? Id pick the CVA Cascade from that group. Tikka T3X or Franchi Momentum Elite - ALDEER.COM Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2022 Aldeer LLP. Those are cool, but very heavy guns. Action is very heavy and clunky. Havent shot it yet, but well see how it performs. Would you take the Waypoint over the Seekins? Ruger Americans are fantastic. i would like to buy new as its going to be my first rifle so thought with mod . Never bother with a Winchester M70, because I thought it was old fashion. What r your thought for a high end choice up to around the 3k range? The Tikka action is by far the best in this price point because it cycles ammo perfectly, has a silky smooth bolt slide and is manufactured to a high tolerance so every last one I pick up feels just as good as the one next to it. The trigger is heavy, but thats true on the Browning XBolts as well. It shoots some factory ammo sub moa as advertised but has been and uphill battle to get hand loaded 88grn eldm's to group consistent. Hey Jim, In case anyone is wondering and didnt click the link, its available in 6.5Creedmore. 150 grain federal fusion groups sub 1inch or better every time. The Bergara Mountain 2.0, Kimber Mountain Ascent, Bergara Premier, Browning X-Bolt Pro, Seekins Havac, Weatherby Mark V, Fierce Edge, Christensen Ridgeline, and others are all rifles Im familiar with. Specifically, I am looking at 300 PRC and .28 Nolser, or 300 Weatherby Magnum.

Pelicans Vs Grizzlies Predictions 2 16 21, Matthew Pritzker Wife, Articles F

franchi momentum elite vs tikka t3