ground beef and potato casserole without canned soup

I think my family will love it on this cold Colorado day! There is no way 4 pounds of thinly sliced potatoes, single layered, and all the other ingredients, fit in a 9 x 13 pan.I barely got 2 1/2 pounds in.It's in the oven now.I hope the lack of 1 1/2 pounds of potatoes isn't going to make the casserole watery. Slice potatoes very thin (I use a mandolin). In a medium skillet, brown the ground beef and the onion. I have taken to adding LOADS of frozen cauliflower rice to ours too! Normally ground beef and potato casseroles are made with canned mushroom soup, and while that is easier, making your own sauce just takes a few minutes and the flavor is so much better than what you can get in a can. In a large skillet brown the ground beef along with the onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce until the beef is no longer pink. The recipe is so forgiving, Ive scaled up both times for left overs which are absolutely great. Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Mix gently until well combined. Hello! Slice and prepare the potatoes. Omit covering with foil as it will be covered with the cooker's cover, Cook approximately3-5 hours on high, 6-8 hours on low (times are approximate as all cookers cook differently. Top with garlic powder and a layer of onions. 10.26.2020. Pour in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. Probably worth noting that not all brands of Worcestershire sauce are not gluten free. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Many things affect the quality of taste from Ground beef and potato casserole 7 points, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. 10.08.2021. Home | What We're Eating | Hamburger Potato Casserole, published on Nov 13, 2020, updated Oct 08, 2022. My family loves a side of cornbread, corn muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, dinner rolls or biscuits with just about any meal. Set aside. Satisfying and comforting. Soup Beef 475 Show detail Preview View more . Stir in 2 cups of the cheese until melted. Cut potatoes into thin slices (less than 1/4 inch). Good times! Brush bottom of casserole dish lightly with melted butter. You dont have to boil the potatoes before layering them in the dish. of bacon crumbles & another 1/2 lb. 3-4 med. I made a modified version of this. Layer half of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Repeat the procedure with 2 more tablespoons of oil and remaining potatoes. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. We use this easy mandoline slicer to cut our potatoes quickly. 12.04.2021. Quarantined and no evaporated milk - has anyone just used regular milk? You can freeze the casserolebeforebaking. Remove from oven and top with parsley or chives, if desired. We use this easy mandoline slicer to cut our potatoes quickly. 02.26.2022, Why chicken not beef broth for the tater tot casserole? Heat the oil in a skillet large enough to hold all of the ingredients over high heat. If you can brown ground beef, then you can assemble this easy casserole in about 20 minutes. Might add layer of onions, any suggestions as what I could use instead of cheddar cheese soup? Cook on low heat for about 8 hours, or high for about 4 hours. An easy to make breakfast casserole for a Mothers day brunch, holiday gathering or weeknight dinner. Fortunately, both kidsandadults enjoy the mild flavors and the variety of textures in this old-fashioned dish. Pour the mixture over the beef and potatoes. However, I stated a couple of years ago that I first microwave the potatoes for a while to help speed up the cooking time. Ive got one in the oven right now. Next time Ill add water chestnuts! Here are a few easy options to try: And dont forget the bread basket! Tater Tot Casserole is a Midwest classic. Depending on how thickly you slice the potatoes, you may need to increase the baking time. Prep it ahead for your craziest evenings, or toss in whatever veggies, cheese or ground meat you have on hand. Add in the onions. Set aside. Hey everyone, I hope you're having an incredible day today. I'm a firm believer that Filipino cuisine has some of the best dishes to offer. just dont have the time to do the stuff we once did. Yep, you can add them while browning or mix them in with the soup & stock. Repeat with the second layer. My brood loves anything with a meat and potato backbone and they especially This is a great make-ahead dinner. So make sure this portion is enough to serve f, Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Tries this dish , very tasty, granddaughter approved. If you want some garlic flavor (I always do!) You do not need to boil these potatoes before you layer them in the dish. I make my own & there are a couple of homemade recipes online. Season with salt and pepper then saute until mushrooms start to soften, 3-5 minutes. I came across your blog by accident, but it got me interested and I started reading I like Our Week in Meals Im curious about living in Virginia. You should not be surprised if the russet potatoes begin to break apart after mixing the casserole after its been baked. Pour over the 5/5 (6) Total Time: 4 hrs 25 mins Category: Main Course Calories: 324 per serving . Add the ground beef to the skillet. like this..potatoes, beef, cheese soup mix, potatoes, beef, cheese, soup mix, potatoes, beef, cheese, soup mix.Sorry for such a complicated question, I just dont want to mess up. Remove the foil, sprinkle the buttered Corn Flakes on top, and return to the oven (uncovered) for about 15 minutes more (until the topping is golden brown and the potatoes are tender). Repeat the layers once more, ending with the cheese. We like the broccoli, carrot and cauliflower blend. WebPreheat oven to 350F and spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. have people over like we used to. Layer half of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Webdirections Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Brown beef and onions, drain; Heat oven to 350; Spray bottom of 2 quart glass baking dish. One of my favorites. Also a dash of cayenne pepper in the white sauce would give it a little extra kick and add flavour to the casserole. So glad it was a hit!! Place a layer of potatoes in the pan. Prepare: Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and grease a 139 inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Some people find the skin too tough to eat, even though it is packed with vitamins and nutrients. Create two layers of the beef, potatoes, soup mixture and cheese in the dish. Iowa Girl Eats is a trademark of Iowa Girl Eats LLC. Add the chicken broth and milk to the mixture. Never grow out of the comfort foods! Drain fat and remove from the pan to a plate for later. We skip the mushrooms and use green onions instead of shallots. Once cool, grate directly into a greased large casserole dish. Ground Beef Casserole with Brown Rice. NOTE: If you dont have an oven-safe skillet you could pour the mixture into a baking dish at this point, top with the tots, and then bake. Spread evenly over chicken. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat. gurl, you're preaching to the choir. Let the dish sit and cool for about 5 minutes before serving up hot. Stir the ground beef back into the sauce then remove the skillet from the heat and layer frozen tater tots on top. Betsy My toddler has been a bit picky lately but ate every bite of this. Regardless, this looks delicious and the family can't wait to chow down! Be sure that the potato slices are very thin and even in width so that they cook thoroughly and become tender when your Pioneer Woman Hamburger Potato Casserole comes out of the oven. Variation idea: try using a pound of frozen hashbrowns in the place of the potatoes. Dump in the cream of mushroom soup. In a bowl, whisk together condensed soups and milk. As beef tends to have a more natural flavor, you may want to add a little more salt, oregano, or pepper. 09.09.2020, Kerry Johnson Cooking for a smaller family? Drain. trampoline, cornhole, etc.) Better Than Homemade Cornbread - A Jiffy Hack with Duke's Mayo! Top everything with tatertots. And my son turned 16 this week, this is what he asked for dinner. Skillet Tater Tot Casserole is a meat and potatoes dish thatll stick to your ribs but since its made with mostly homemade ingredients you can feel good about feeding it to your whole family. Ideally this will get your creative juices moving so you can prepare scrumptious dishes for your household without doing a lot of heavy meals on your trip. Copyright 2023. Let sit and thicken for 5 minutes before serving. Use your leftover ham in a creamy ham and cheesy potato casserole. - Mandy. Bake covered for 1 hour at 350F. Bake at 400 degree for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Pour half of soup mixture over this. Bake, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. 5.05. In the prepared baking dish, spread half of the beef mixture in an even layer. Just made this tonite and it was great! Cook for 6-8 hours, depending on your schedule. It deserves to be in the spotlight as much as other more well-known cuisines do. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. lutzflcat. . Brown for 3 minutes. 10.24.2020. 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup. Leftover ground beef casserole will keep in therefrigerator for 3-4 days. Sound the alarm: Tater Tot Casserole (or Hotdish as my neighbors to the north in Minnesota like to call it!) Cover the dish with foil and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1 hour. Place sliced potatoes on a plate and cover with saran wrap. Many things affect the quality of taste from Vickys Boeuf Bourguignon, GF DF EF SF NF, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Made this casserole last night and it was DELICIOUS.. Why didn't I think of it!!?? Top beef with 1/4 of Privacy Policy. Stewed Beef is something that I've loved my whole life. It's simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. of potato slices to the bottom of the baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over potatoes. Its a quick and easy recipe thats ideal for busy weeknights! Add in the onions. Remove from oven then sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese; return to oven for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. I just commented that my daughter has Celiac and cannot have the cheese soup as it has wheat in it. 10.26.2021. Appreciate you for making the effort to be able to visit our website and even read our articles. I also forgot a broth suggestion. How To Make Pioneer Woman Hamburger Potato Casserole? Learn how your comment data is processed. Stewed Beef is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. Add half of the beef mixture to the baking dish in an even layer. I see garlic powder and pepper listed in the ingredients but it is not mentioned anywhere in the directions. Cover bottom of dish with a layer of potatoes and a layer of the ground beef and onions. Privacy Policy. You got a great deal on the casserole crock!!! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Copyright Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2022. Is there any way I can make this low Fodmap? An old-fashioned comfort-food dish, this cheesy and creamy Pioneer Woman Hamburger Potato Casserole is easy to prepare and a sure hit with the whole family! I want to do it again but dice steak up in place of the Hamburger and see how that works. housework (and grocery shopping and laundry and school work and and and) so In the same skillet used for the beef, combine the soup, milk, garlic powder, pepper, onion, bell pepper, half of the bacon and 1 cup cheese; stir to combine. Regards from Europe Kasia. Thank yoU! Thanks, Kristin document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hello, I'm Erin.Welcome to Table for Seven!Here you'll find hundreds of recipes for breakfast, dinner, dessert and everything in between.Just right for your family and your budget. Stir in the corn. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour. I forgot to sprinkle the shredded cheese between the layers. Spoon into the bowl with the beef. Chili Tortilla Bake. We make this pretty frequently and my husband requests it all the time. 0 seconds of 1 minute, 48 secondsVolume 0% 00:25 01:48 Church Supper Hot Dish I would actually transfer the meat mixture to a baking dish then top with the tots! Get 5 quick-prep meals you can make tonight, Hamburger Mashed Potato Casserole (Cottage Pie), Dump-and-Bake Ground Beef Casserole with Rice, 12 Things You Need for Your St. Patricks Day Party, The 6 Best Stand Mixers for Bread of 2023. Season each layer with salt and pepper. Just remember to keep the potato slices very thin and even in width so that they cook through and become tender by the time the casserole comes out of the oven. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until lightly browned. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef and onion, and cook until the beef is no longer pink (about 10 minutes). thanks! Let the dish sit on the counter for at least 30 minutes before baking so it can come to room temperature. Low fodmap can be tricky, but this recipe is delicious and with a few tweaks, my husband can enjoy it without feeling sick! I made this & the recipe is a good base, but even as one who likes food simple, I knew it needed punching up. Drain and discard grease. Pour sour cream mixture evenly over potatoes and cheese. Thanks! Im ditching canned soup because its usually not gluten-free plus its full of unnecessary ingredients. 10.21.2020. Combine condensed cheddar soup, evaporated milk, milk, salt and Before baking, allow the dish to sit on the counter and come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Serve this comfort meal for family dinners, pot lucks, or holiday gatherings and it will be gone before you know it. Theyre fun ways to pack in flavor and goodies in one easy-to-make dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown ground beef and onion; drain. Vickys Boeuf Bourguignon, GF DF EF SF NF is something that I have loved my entire life. Season each layer with salt and pepper. I have made this several times. Drain then set aside. Could I use a can of chicken broth in it ?? In a large bowl mix cream soup, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. Brown beef and onions, drain; Heat oven to 350; Spray bottom of 2 quart glass baking dish. Thanks for catching thatIm a horrible proof reader!!! Lightly grease a 139-inch baking dish. Brown your ground beef and set aside Peel and slice potatoes and set aside. Drain fat and set aside. Kristin Arrange a layer of half of the potatoes in the prepared baking dish then spread half the sauce and half the meat on top. Directions. Using russet potatoes in the recipe may require you to peel them before you dice them. Little bit extra cheese. Check for potato doneness in center of casserole after 1 hour. Broth may not cover all the noodles, but you can press gently down with spoon to get them in the broth. Add ground beef and onion to a large skillet over medium-high heat, season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink. Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4). It reheated really well in the oven too. I know people have been enjoying casseroles for decades (myself included!) Makaila Preheat oven to 350F. Most broth in the grocery store contains onion and garlic. Always check at the. To quote my 12 year old son "Mom, this was literally the best thing you ever made!". Place skillet on top of a baking sheet (or place one on the rack below) thenbake according to tater tot bag instructions. Like I said, since the sauce is thin the tots will sink down a little bit but its fine! Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish then set aside. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream until well combined. Set aside until the very end. The kids will go crazy for the creamy combination of sliced potatoes, sweet corn, and tender beef thats finished with a cheesy, buttery, crunchy Corn Flake topping! Top with the remaining cheese, and bake until the cheese is melted, an additional 5 minutes. Best casserole Ive ever made/had! Welcome! Otherwise, the cooking steps will be the same. Repeat the procedure with 2 more tablespoons of oil and remaining potatoes. Instead of any cream of "something" soup I would make a simple "roux", aka white sauce and add in some shredded extra old white cheddar. Add gluten-free tamari or soy sauce (dish will not be GF if using traditional soy sauce),ketchup, Worcestershire sauce,plus smoked paprika then turn the heat up slightly to bring the mixture to a bubble. I like the idea of precooking the potatoes for next time! I hate to have to buy cream for just 1/4 cup. For me I prefer my potatoes unpeeled, However, this Pioneer Woman Hamburger Potato Casserole recipe calls for peeled potatoes. Any condensed or homemade cream soup (minus the mushrooms) would work well in this! In stead of the onion used a 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder. For the full instructions, please check the recipe card at the end of the page. Top with garlic powder and a layer of onions. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Step 4: Bake it. Top beef with 1/4 of shredded Add in the onions. WebSlow Cooker Hamburger Potato Casserole . Bring to a boil and then reduce then simmer, stirring frequently, until the mixture is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. ground beef, potatoes, garlic powder, salt, mozzarella cheese and 6 more Sweet Enchiladas Madeleine Cocina olives, potatoes, fruit, tomatoes, chili pepper, onion, peas and 18 more. Awesome!! Slice potatoes into inch thick rounds. Pour on half the sauce. I am constantly telling my friends that we havent ditched them - If potatoes arent tender after total baking time, cover dish with Step 5: Bake Cover the dish with foil and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1 hour. In a medium bowl, stir together chicken strips and FRANK'S hot sauce. Spoon into baking dish in a single layer. pkg. In a separate bowl, whisk together the condensed soups and milk. Kristin In a mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper to taste. Picadillo is a simple dish made of ground beef, diced potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, and get this, raisins. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Yup! Thank you so much for your feedback and recipe rating! Step 5: Bake. I have made a cheeseburger casserole. Feel free to add another cup of grated cheese to the sauce mixture if you prefer a cheesier casserole. While I love to spend hours in the kitchen loving on recipes and creating 4-5 Instructions Preheat oven to 350F. Wondering if you can recommend anything else as a substitute? Turn the heat back down to medium then simmer for a few minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened. In a skillet, cook ground beef until its no longer pink and cooked through. Arrange a single layer of potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Its definitely a make again recipe! I might add some mixed veggies to it next time. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Im a Midwestern wife and Mama, and after being diagnosed with Celiac Disease in 2013 I began sharing delicious and approachable gluten-free recipes made with everyday, in-season ingredients. cheese, milk, bologna, salt and ground black pepper, butter, Parmesan cheese and 3 more Cheesy Potato Ham Chowder Pork parsley, celery, cilantro, potatoes, water, parsley, medium carrot and 5 more Step 3 Bake, uncovered at 400 for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Do you have ham in your freezer To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. Drain well and set aside. potato/beef/cheese layers. Also can do frozen french fries turn out great, That sounds really good with French fries. 12.06.2020. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and place on a rimmed baking sheet (to catch any spillover). Drain and set aside. Dutch egg noodles. Saute until the mushrooms are slightly tender, 3-5 minutes, then add minced garlic and saute for 1 more minute. Drain well and set aside. Top potatoes with 1/4 of beef mixture. Sounds amazing love the cheeseburger spin! Ground beef and potato casserole 7 points is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. You can use any ground protein that you prefer for this Pioneer Woman Hamburger Potato Casserole. Once the ground beef is fully cooked, drain the grease from the pan. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Make Sauce: In the same pan, add the onion and cook until softened. One tip is I didnt add salt to the meat. Skins are so thin and delicate that you dont even need to peel them, which saves a lot of time and effort. If you have fresh herbs on hand (such as parsley, thyme, basil, or oregano), garnish the Pioneer Woman Hamburger Potato Casserole with them for a bright, fresh touch. You want to be able to pierce them with a fork, but you still want them to have their shape. In case you dont have Corn Flakes, you can use Ritz cracker crumbs or crushed potato chips. Top with Cheddar cheese, and continue baking until cheese is melted. Mix condensed soup, milk, onion, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until combined. Thanks so much for a great and simple recipe. how would one cut this down and making it for two. Mix well. To serve: You may either mix the noodles, beef and Pot will heat up, then beep when it reaches pressure. Sprinkle rice over top. Your email address will not be published. So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food Recipe of Speedy Ground beef and potato casserole 7 points. Steps. It's easy, it's quick, it tastes yummy. Mike WebInstructions. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and brown ground beef. In a 13x9 casserole, place a layer of potato. Youll love the layers of sliced potatoes, ground beef, vegetables and corn in a creamy sauce made with cream of mushroom soup. In a small bowl, combine the crushed Corn Flakes with the melted butter. Youll need about 1 3/4 cups of corn. It also cuts down on the cooking time. All rights reserved. Its down-home, country-style cooking! 3. Set aside. Loved it! If no evaporated milk, do I adjust the amount of milk or use just whats called for in the recipe? Step 3 Bake, uncovered at 400 for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the flour. I went a little heavier on the veggies and lighter on the meat, and I used Ritz crackers instead of cornflakes. Sprinkle rice over top. Cover the dish with foil and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1 hour. Combine the soup, milk, garlic powder, pepper, onion and 1/2 cup cheese; pour over beef mixture. I had wondered about a substitute for that, and you answered my question! Place uncooked ground beef over the potatoes. For the Casserole Preheat oven to 350 degrees. FIVE STAR recipe! My mom would add corn to each layer, was delicious. We don't have that in Australia. Privacy Policy Repeat layers once more, ending with the cheese on top. The leftovers heat up beautifully! In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the beef, onion, and celery until the beef is no longer I tried the recipe. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. With its popular flavors and bubbly cheese topping, there is never a need to worry about leftovers. I havent tried freezing :). Brown ground beef, onions, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper together on your stovetop until meat is no longer pink. Peggy Horton Oh yes, what you see here is saucy, seasoned ground beef and vegetables topped with the king of the frozen foods aisle tater tots of course and everything is simmered then oven-crisped in just one skillet. It is one of my favorites. Yummm! When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Tater Tot Casserole usually calls for condensed soup mixed with ground beef and frozen vegetables which are piled into a casserole dish then topped with tater tots and baked. Would it work to sprinkle some stove stop dressing in with the potatoes, Hi there! Thank you for letting me know! But I put the cheese on top and I'm sure it'll be great. Microwave them for about 10 minutes, covered in water, before draining. Spread half of the potatoes in baking dish. The family is sure to love this layered casserole! Mix soup, sour cream, and milk. Bake, uncovered, until the Tots are hot, around 35-40 minutes. - we literally dont have time to Step 4: Bake it. 2. I made it twice in the morning or evening before and the potatoes do give out a lot of liquid but still delicious this way! In a large skillet, brown the beef, onion and celery until the meat is no longer pink. Yes! Cook ground beef in skillet with diced onion until browned and cooked through. Pour your milk mixture over the top evenly. Drain any excess oil from the pan; then add the meat to a bowl. Basically, follow the instructions as they are up until Cooking Step 5. Made this tonightVERY flavorful and my family loved it. Drain ground beef, if necessary. This is delicious! Due to their waxy texture, they cook up very tender but retain their shape without becoming mushy. Skillet Tater Tot Casserole is an updated childhood classic made in one skillet and without condensed soup! When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Mix water, soups and seasonings in large capacity Crock-Pot. Add onions and celery to same skillet and cook until soft, adding rest of spice ingredients through pepper flakes. This recipe I will keep for sure. Then add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the beef is cooked through and the mushrooms have browned, about 8 minutes. Create two layers of the beef, potatoes, soup mixture and cheese in the dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients. It'll be on my rotation for sure. Season with salt and pepper then saute until mushrooms start to soften, 3-5 minutes. Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4). This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com. Season with salt and pepper. Your English is really good no need to apologize! You can assemble the entire casserole up to 24 hours in advance and keep it covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Cook Beef: In a skillet, cook ground beef until it's no longer pink.

Michael Greenspan Journalist, Belleair Country Club Membership Cost, Montgomery County, Ohio Probation Officers Names, Accident On Good Hope Road Today, Articles G

ground beef and potato casserole without canned soup