how to lubricate rv holding tank valves and cables

There may be others I don't know. What are your likely plans for 2023? Then when done with gray valve, removed oil from trap and used it down the toilet for the black tank valve. It is not really magic, but it is cheap, eco-friendly and it helps. Thought about lubricating, but they were five years old. You can revoke your consent any time using the Revoke consent button. Remove the bolts securing the valve. This gets the lubricant inside and around the valve. This works well . Wait as long as you can before trying to open the stuck black or grey tank valve again. To answer your question, some RVers swear by the addition of various kinds of oils to their holding tanks, via the drain. PHOTOS COMING SOON! Enter a Melbet promo code and get a generous bonus, An Insight into Coupons and a Secret Bonus, Organic Hacks to Tweak Audio Recording for Videos Production, Bring Back Life to Your Graphic Images- Used Best Graphic Design Software, New Google Update and Future of Interstitial Ads. Weve never tried it, and do have a couple of concerns. DO NOT USE the old standby, WD-40. Thetford has a great product we have used for several years called the Drain Valve Lubricant. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN! I will report back the results. Do not use WD-40 as it will remove the lubricant that came with it and is inside the housing. How much veg oil do you pour in? Another great thing about it is you probably already have everything you need to do it on hand. Try adding more than the recommended dosage to increase the chance of it getting to the valve. Mine are easy to get to. as soon as i loosened the four bolt and removed . Any ideas guys and gals? After adding the soap and water drive around to get the waste inside the tank mixing. Every Saturday and Sunday morning. You may want to place a bucket underneath to catch anything that might leak out. I've tried spraying the exposed part of the . Whats the best way to clean an RV waste valve? Click to visit Daves forum. . ??? And How to Do it Legally. If the tank is almost full you might not be able to add any extra water, but thats ok. Leave a little space in the tank so the liquid and waste inside can slosh around and mix up the dish soap. We're very happy to share these original songs with you for FREE, but if you're feeling inclined to help us, you can support our channel by going to any/all of these links\r Treat us to a cup of coffee: https://ko-fi.com/theglampingguys\r Stickers \u0026 More: https://teespring.com/stores/glamping-guys-swag-3\r\r\r***************************************************************\rGLAMPING GUYS MUSIC COPYRIGHT RULES INSTRUCTIONS\r***************************************************************\rYou can use our songs for personal use and to monetize your videos, but you must include the following information and music credit (below) in your video description to avoid copyright infringement.\r\r\r****************************************************************\rCOPY \u0026 PASTE TEXT BELOW INTO YOUR VIDEO DESCRIPTION\r****************************************************************\r(Insert Song Title Here) by Tod Kimbro copyright 2020 Tod Kimbro, All rights reserved.\rThe Glamping Guys Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/theglampingguys\rcopyright 2020 TheGlampingGuys, All rights reserved.\r\rNow that you understand the rules, here's the SoundCloud link\rto the music.\rhttps://soundcloud.com/glampingguys\r\r\r**********************************************\rYOU MUST HAVE OUR PERMISSION TO USE, \rDOWNLOAD, OR EDIT OUR VIDEOS/MUSIC\r**********************************************\rQuestions or Request for permission to use \rour content can be sent to glampingguys@gmail.com\r\rcopyright 2020 TheGlampingGuys\rAll rights reserved.\r\rFlyover Mountain Footage in trailer provided by: Free Drone Footage\rhttp://bit.ly/Free-Drone-Footage#rvlifestyle #gaycouple #gayrvliving If there is no lube to try, Ill have to give a shot at tearing into the back of the wet bay. Price: $36,895. . Where to Find the Best RV Couch Replacements, Walmart Alternatives for Free Overnight RV Parking, Dog Camping Tents Your Pet Will Actually Love, Dow Corning 111 O-Ring Silicone Lubricant (5.3 oz. Its safe to grease the seals as well when you position the valve back on the flanges. Is it possible that the application of petroleum-containing grease might cause the rubber seal to deteriorateeventually leading to a mechanical breakdown or possible leakage of holding tank contents? You can now continue with your regular RV waste tank checklist. The valve is located against the trailer frame and just behind the rear tire just above the plastic covering. How to Install Cable Operated RV Dump Valve? Gone are the days of having to use a manual valve to dump your tanks. Fahrverkauf Ingolstadt; Preise Vegetable oil will NOT harm those neoprene valve seals. Whether youre a newbie or seasoned RVer, with all of the gunk and grime in your RV black tank, you might have to deal with a stuck valve at some point. Refill the tank, then run the water again, until the smell of bleach is gone. RV Daily Tips. Sometimes the door (RV waste water valve) has issues, causing nasty leaks to happen. Holding tank valves Fifth Wheels . Thats at least a 40+ year old trick and a great one to suggest to those who havent thought of it. In some cases the 1.5-inch gray valve gets sticky over time especially if the RVer is not using his RV full time. Save my name and email in browser cookies for the next time I comment so I won't have to enter that information again. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wU-a8W44_4), NO MESS: At-home RV body valve repair is mess-free for your convenience, VERSATILE: Bladex valve is compatible with GrenTec, Blade, Valterra, Bristol, and Anonda valves. Buy an RV, sell your RV, or both? Tuesday, February 28, 2023. Wish I could find something that is good durning cold weather. So make sure you dont undo the bolts too much. Can Different RVs Use The Same Door Key? Serving RVers for more than 20 years. Laying on your back it is almost impossible to reach the upper bolts to remove the valve from the line. Fulltimer Class ofLate2015, with my beautiful bride, Lori. 29 plumtrees road newtown, ct; popular subdivision names; how to cite the implicit association test For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Around $150.00. Use this lubricant at the start, middle, and end of the camping season to maintain the gate valves so they open and close easily all season long. An initial plus first or last name is the minimum, we're all friends here. By Doug Swarts In some cases the 1.5-inch gray valve gets sticky over time especially if the RVer is not using his RV full time. We'll see how long it lasts. No anonymous comments. As weve said, were not recommending this procedure, only commenting on it. Why? Serving RVers for more than 20 years. My thought is that products like the Thetford one that is mentioned, are a compound that is actually heavier than the water, and they probably sink to the bottom of the tank and collect at the seal. 2) spray lube on the valve plungers. The sloshing around of the liquid will not only clean the inside of your tank, but it can get down into the valve and loosen whatever residue is there. Its a relatively easy process that requires few tools. But the goal is just to keep the valve and gasket lubricated a bit. ,weather-shield package,forced air heated & enclosed underbelly-enclosedheated gate valves,360 radiant bubble foil insulation,radiant bubble foil insulation wrapped tanks-(360=rooffloorfront/rear walls,reflective pvc roof membrane . I havent actually tried this by putting a small amount in a jar and letting it sit, but I think that I will the next time I use some. I removed them and cleaned everything with soap and water. It doesnt harm O rings so it should be fine for these valves. Russ and Tia De Maris are authors of RV Boondocking Basics, a how-to guide for RVing off the grid. Visit www.icanrv.com for more information. RV toilet tissue is single ply and will break down quickly in your black holding tank. Simply install the valve between your RV's sewer pipes and mount the handle on the end of the cable in a convenient, easy-to-access place. You have 24 hours to edit a comment. Hopefully, the valve just needed a little space and it opens after just a few turns. Wait for 10 minutes to allow the lubricant to flow down the plumbing lines, into the grey and black tanks, and settle on the gate valves. Realizing this was a loosing battle, I cut the sewer line that is already exposed and inserted a ball valve with two rubber couplers. Status: Offline. I had to put new seals in it, and when I did, I used vegetable oil & gave both seals a good coat, plus the blade on the valve, and the valve shaft. I did not use much and I only worked the rod a little, being unsure if I was performing a useful process. Required fields are marked *. When RV heat is on, cabinets and counters get hot. After getting the oil in the tanks, work the valves open an closed several times to work the oil into the gate seals until they slide easily. What I also do after rinsing the black tank is open and close the black valve while dumping the gray tank, the soap tends to help lube the black valve seals. These Are the Best Vans for Vanlife in 2023, The Vintage Spartan Trailer is Still a Hot Commodity, These Manufacturers Let You Create a Custom RV, The Grooviest Vintage Motorhomes You Have to See. Extend or open the rod and valve and apply the proper lubrication to the rod and run it in and out. Some manufacturers brag about lubricants that are added to their holding tank treatments. Works great. It may not display this or other websites correctly. \rCome join us for some GLAMTASTIC ADVENTURES!\r\r\r****************************************\rPLEASE SUBSCRIBE, CLICK THE BELL, \rLIKE, COMMENT \u0026 SHARE!\r****************************************\rThanks for watching! Thank you for stopping by. Thetford has a great product we have used for several years called the Drain Valve Lubricant. so should I leave alone and hope there is enough room for freezing expansion or should I use up room and put a gallon or so in my tank! Youll want to keep the rod well lubricated. I do think it is a good idea to occasionally dump some recommended conditioner down both the black and gray water tanks to lubricate and condition the rubber seal that the spade valve slides in and out of. For the gray, took the trap loose under the bathroom sink, emptied out the water, reconnected it and poured the vegetable oil down it. If this trick doesnt work it may be time to head to an RV repair shop. This led me to put zerk grease fittings on each of my gate valves. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 20082023 RV LIFE. Maintenance is easy and inexpensive. Now "work" the valve open and closed a few times. The "cable" is a solid core flex rod with a sheath several feet in length winding it's way down to the black tank gate valve. Regardless of this potential revenue, unless stated otherwise, we only recommend products or services we believe provide value to our readers. You can do this during the year as well. Camco TST Drain Valve Lube is designed to lubricate plumbing lines while you drive. Just wipe all dishes/ pans/skillets out completely with paper towels (first dry, then wet) before washing them. Confirm Availability. It has a door where you gain access to the city water inlet, fresh water tank fill, cable hookup, dump handles, and tank flush. If you like the hole drilling method make sure you spray lubricant inside the gate valve once or twice every year to keep it working correctly. Current Projects. Eventually some will need to be replaced when they start leaking. First, dump a bunch of dish soap into the holding tank that has a stuck valve. Learn how your comment data is processed. went to drain black water tank and handle came out with the cable nothing drained so i pushed cable back so did the end of the cable come off, the gate ? (also mineral oil does not congeal in cold weather)cheap ire dressing and doesnt hurt the rubber is to wipe them with dish-soap after cleaning..looks nice and makes tire self cleaning during rain storms!!!!!.LOL!!! To our readers: We NEVER have or will sell reader's data. called Ven val 4,5 times no responce waiting for Her to respond.I wonder if she overworked wlth Last year in Texas I started to squirt a lubricating/penetrating oil into each one of the cables where they pass through the dock center (if that makes sense). Please do your due diligence when deciding which lubricant to use. His sound principles of RV waste management have led to a group of products designed to make the unpleasant task of dumping holding tanks more sanitary, safe and convenient for the end user. And we also ensure that any third parties we contract with either anonymize your data or have strict privacy policies in place that are aligned with ours. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Once you detach the valve, clean around the seals and gaskets. For use on Nissans, Toyotas and other OHC engines. This keeps the gate space and pull rod seal lubricated. Most products need tank openings at the top, 2/3, 1/3, and bottom levels. A sticky holding tank valve is a pain in the neck. Let sit for a few minutes and then exercise the valve by opening and closing a few times. it is going to the teens for 5 days and I cant empty black tank!!! Ron and Joan2005 Itasca Sunova 34A2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Stocking thousands of OEM & aftermarket marine parts by top suppliers. Probably cheaper than Murphy's oil. How to Replace an RV Black Tank Valve The first thing you need to do is make sure your black tank is empty and clean. Remove the bolts securing the valve. Can you fix it yourself, or will you have to spend money hiring a mobile RV tech? It seems that a shot of lube directly to the valve rod is about the only practical solution, at least from our experience. This photo shows the drain pipe bayonet with the lever just to the left and a long rod dangling with little support. RV Daily Tips. How do you lubricate RV holding tank valves and cables? By continuing to use our site, you consent to accepting cookies. We sold our home in April 2018 to downsize into a Grand Design 344GK-R 38ft Fifth Wheel. The RVers are usually referring to the black 3-inch gate valve on their black holding tank. The gate is pulled aside, or open, by an attached stainless steel rod. We're asked often about the proper method to lubricate a sticky RV dump valve. Its called, Youve got no place to go if your holding tank valves wont open.. Shop Now I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way. Required fields are marked *. Lets take a closer look at how you can prevent and fix this issue while saving money by doing it yourself. Easily replaces manual or cable pull valves. I followed the suggestions on the forum and added a gate valve at the end of the sewer pipe. As mentioned above, you can simply spray or rub the lubricant on the valve after youve dumped the black tank contents. Make sure to hold the flanges tight against the valve during this process. Make sure your tanks are empty and clean. This post may contain affiliate links, This post may contain affiliate links or mention our own products, please check out our disclosure policy. new 2023 venture rv sporttrek st333vik travel trailer #1538 with 31 photos for sale in blue grass, iowa 52726 . A quart bottle treats a tank eight or nine times. (Note: These particular instructions are for our Drain Master electric valves where you can submerge your manual valve completely.). When you dump a tank and the handle is pulled to the open position, simply shoot the stainless rod with a good shot of lubricant spray containing silicon or Teflon. Many trailers will have the handle on one side and a cable running across to the tank. There is a rubber seal on each side, which should be conditioned at least at the time of storage and a few times during the camping season. Buy an RV, sell your RV, or both? Some say that the best way to lubricate a sticky black or grey tank valve is to use WD-40 on the handle and inside the box that holds the gate valve when its open. Soak the valves in hot water with some detergent, making sure to leave the gates open. To install, remove the broken waste valve and seals from your holding tank. Leave a comment below. Likewise, to prevent gunk buildup and maintain pliable seals, you can pour vegetable oil down the drain and allow it to coat the RV waste valve. If you want to edit a comment click the gear icon to the right of your comment and choose edit, or delete. Our dump valves are quite stiff. Run the water until you smell the bleach, then let the tank sit for at least 24 hours after you have drained all the bleach water. Kitchen galley gray tank drain is up underneath, by the actual drain, about 12-18 inches in front. RV LED Awning Light Strip: Replace and Do-It-Yourself The team, Matt and Bart, demonstrate the steps for replacing a LED awning light strip on an RV. how to pronounce canadian cities. If you use a grease zerk be sure you do not apply too much grease or the valve will be hard to pull and push open or close. Thats what campground bathrooms are for. A plumber friend of mine told me to use it on my clean outs when I plumbed my house.

Gloria Copeland Health 2021, David E Rivers Charleston Sc, Articles H

how to lubricate rv holding tank valves and cables