i accidentally killed my dog

I ran to the kitchen got maple syrup, rubbed it all over her gums and immediately started cpr right after. Our beloved family dog, Billy - I gave the car a little gas to get up the hill, and I never even saw him. Its just so hard. As I turned around I tripped over her and fell on her and crushed her she was looking at me for help and I couldn't. I took her straight to. Talk about timings. I am not excusing the behaviour and we certainly have never done this with our current dog, but I miss him so much. She saw the vet every year. We also experience anticipatory grief, or the feelings of grief while our pet is still living, but we are aware of an . I should have walked her during the cooler part of the day. She lectures in rabbit surgery at the Royal Veterinary College in London. Severity of the poisoning also depends on how much the animal is exposed to, and dogs and cats (as well as some breeds of each) will react differently to consuming the chemical. The woman told me to call by 1pm if I had not heard from them. Might she have been less stressed if I hadnt screwed up? I blame myself because I should have known. I have 3 cats and one of the other cats was sick during last week and I gave him specilly whatever he likes to encouraged him to eat. So I gave him to my mom (who I take care of) and said mom we just have to let him pass it and go through it, its happened before, she said to me that he was going to die and my dumb self said no because I didnt think so. FREE CASE CONSULT 24/7 (214) 200-4878. . And I completely scared my kid ! I knew she was experiencing something very painful and neurological. They may also feeling the loss of my other cat. I know she hates me. Maybe you should attempt to be helpful / constructive before hateful and useless. She ate something in the house I feel so guilty for not protecting her from whatever got stuck in her tummy, i knew she liked to pull at her towels and bedding but at 3 years I didnt realize it was unsafe I should have known better, I should have taken all the soft bedding away from her. But bless her heart she was such a good cat, always letting Cleo eat before her and so patient and would do all her business outside and never craze for anything. - iKlsR. i put him in the new cage i had bought for him, which i didnt use because i didnt feel right having him caged up all day, and i dragged the cage to the balcony and left him out there while i cleaned up. I am here because I am struggling deeply with the loss of my kitty, Yuki. Its a fucked up confession but what therapist treats their patient by telling them how awfully they are? Press J to jump to the feed. I finally got her when people helped get the pitbull off she died within minutes. My wife accidently killed my dog. 11 days ago. They mean so much to me. I rescued him as a pup running down a busy road with 3 other pups with him. My 15 year old cat, my best friend, my child even, was fairly healthy, being treated for hyperthyroidism. Her eyes were fixed open, her jaw clenched, front limbs fixed straight, back limbs running movement. It happened in a split second. my dog was dead. She had a long day and I felt she probably needed rest. I wish. The grief is overwhelming. I hope i can turn back the time i should have bring her to the vet earlier i cant stop asking myself what if i bring her to the vet earlier? It was the 2 bars attached to it. A few days ago she was sick. I cant just reassure him one last time and its so painful. I completely neglected her for over a month and I decided to finally go in and care for her and she was dead. It was sunday , afternoon , I have 5 dogs , Im stupid. They put her in an incubator. [AMZN] Jeff Bezos Joined 15/09/2018 Posts 80,103 06:24 PM 25/06/2019 The vet recommended she stay overnight to be monitored after receiving insulin with the hope that would improve her unsteadiness. A tiny white ball of fluff, 2 different colored eyes and the most perfect heart shaped pink nose Ive ever seen. I felt I was forced into a position to have to kill the thing I loved the most in the world and my mind has yet to figure a way to live with it and my fear is that I cannot. Well getting the seat off wasnt the problem. Of all the offmychest stories these ones eat at me the most. I do love her. I miss her so and its my fault. Im spending more times with my other two cats while comforting them. She had done well with this. That was my fault. We got home, it was dusk by then, and Cooper had started to go limp. I hate myself, and Im saying all this here because otherwise it might fall out of my mouth in front of my wife and I CANNOT do that because shes making her peace with it in her own way and the food thing hasnt come to mind for her. We went away on 4night break and on the day we were due to return, we got a phone call that our cat Bella had got wedged in our tilt and turn window and was dead upon the cat sitters visit at around mid-day that day. This was no issue for me. Luckily the vet made the decision to put to rest as soon as she saw her so she didnt have to suffer any longer. She stopped eating and her energy totally changed. You never expect it to be their last day. I sent her for necropsy because I needed answers. Itll help you deal with guilt when you caused your pets death. I felt sick as I saw her run off. i was a horrible owner but i truly loved my lil guy. His death left a gapping hole in our hearts and it took us 3 years to finally be ready to make room for a new kitty. after a lot of back and forth we tried to get her to land with water from the hose (not a smart move.) Hi everybody. but the guilt kept eating me up as I KNEW she wasnt ready yet. I cant sleep im scared that what if the next day i wake up and shes dead. Coming here isnt going to do anything, go talk to a therapist. I believe I am the worst of all of these. He reminds me of his everything. I decided to observe her and after 30 minutes of activity I realized the hope I had in resuscitation was followed now with despair. I stood in the kitchen. It was not until I requested her records after the fact that I realized she had severe hypertension that day. I didnt want to go in and tell her. On the way, I started to smell iron - like rust, and I knew it was blood. These last couple days I thought she was doing better. After I cleaned it she was dry heaving again, then began to stagger and breathe very rapidly. We treated him twice through the vet and sometimes with home remedies and sometime he recovered after one or two days of getting sick. There was nothing to lead me to believe that she had any serious underlying disease. I try to apologize to him but I notice that his head was fixed at his left side , so i think I may have broke something. Please take a moment to read it its the comments on this article that inspired me to write it. Complete accidents, no fault at all really, but that guilt that will just eat at you and makes it even harder when the people are down about it because it just solidifies that they are good people for caring. We experience the acute phase of grief, or the moment right after passing. If you accidentally hurt your dog or cat or you had to put your pet down these ways to deal with guilt for causing your pets death will help you cope. If I feel like this, then I can only imagine how people feel when children are involved. He died at 10 and a half and was otherwise a healthy and strong cat. All I know is he fell down. Learn to manage your anger first. The vet said now its up to her, but the likelihood of brain damage was very high. I even considered rehoming her several times over because of the guilt and neglect. Hell, I just came back from fetching my dog in our neighbourhood after he managed to slip out of his collar during breakfast (I have to keep him leashed during feeding because our yard isn't fenced in yet, unfortunately). I wanted so much to save her and give her all the love she hadnt had until the day I found her. He hopped in the car - he was able to walk, I don't know how and we immediately went to the vet. I talked to a pet-loss expert -- here's what she said. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Since last two three days he would stair at the the door, try to go out alone and taking that in mind I thought of taking him outside for 5 mins. I ordered a 2010 special order kennel and bought a igloo home for him, enclosed part of it to cover his home as well. I was begging her not to leave me, mind you, and when I saw she was lucid I sung her favorite song to her. Seeming eager for playtime or maybe she was trying to get away from this crazy women who was mistreating her. I didnt take responsibility for the decision, and thats on me, always. We've had two rabbits, two guinea pigs, a bearded dragon, two dogs, plenty of fish, snails, two geckos, and four tortoises. The dog was nowhere to be seen and I thought she had gone to the back yard to where my husband was. I was not allowed to go inside due to Covid. I dont know how to cope with the immense guilt I have. Then yesterday morning, when I checked on her, she was so lethargic I knew something was wrong. I thought Id done everything right: all the right vaccinations at the right time, a good habitat at home, clueing myself up on common illnesses and what to look for, how to spot depression, the right food, and finding her the best, most experienced rabbit surgeon I could. I am so sorry I didnt bring him in. I saw a rest area and quickly parked and got up to get my jacket. I was worried that I wouldnt be able to get her in her carry-case to get her to the hospital the next day, and if she was super-hungry I could put her food bowl in there with some of her favourite food and shed go inside. I will not put her through that. I lost my 3 year shih tzu on Thursday. But also, the sitter said she was still warm when they found her so it was likely that morning and not during the night. She was refusing food yesterday and it was hard giving her medication properly. I wish I had asked them to give her IV fluids and keep her a few days to see if she bounced back. We dropped him off on the Monday and were due to collect him on the Friday morning. We also knew he would eventually come around and even love our new family members. We believed you were going to be here for a long time and that when my mom passed we would still have to take care of you. Im joining you guys today because I feel responsible for my moms dogs death He was having weird episodes he had 2 of them prior to the one last night, I took him to the vet the first 2 times and they originally said they think there was something wrong with his brain and was thinking some type of seizures. I'm not going to tell you you're a horrible person because obviously you're already feeling very guilty/remorseful but take this as a wake up call, get help. My cat Florio died in my arms this morning of cancer. Eventually another highway patrol officer showed up and they again tried lifting the seat off. :(, Similar to my Moms story of how she named me after a kitten she stepped on. It was raining, and it took me an hour but I wanted the exercise. She was going deaf and could have been already lying on the driveway. Were going to an English county that only we know, to a hill only we know, and well say goodbye one last time and let you go. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Bella looked up, wagged her tail, and chased the other dogs through the field of flowers merrily into the golden sun. He must be hating me for not helping him. I understand your viewpoint and agree to an extent but youve given a pretty imbecilic approach to this situation, yeah I suppose at least hes remorseful. Even the most innocent pet ownersfeel guilt over a pets death. I brought my daughter Guineapig. I lost my talking bird just 3 days ago and i blame myself for her death. Balance your real guilt with the real ways you loved your pet. Many dogs have died as a result of ingesting much more than the recommended dose. But hed been losing weight in the autumn and I should have noticed, not put it down to his stress issues in the past. I feel sick when I think about it and how she passed in my husbands arms. She does it a lot at night but I'm so scared of falling asleep and suffocating her by mistake because I moved in my sleep. im so lost. I was so sick yesterday I said to myself I will take us both to doctors tomorrow morning. She was trying to tell me what the problem was by stepping in the water with her feet. I believe in my heart that Felix would still be here had I reacted faster. After 2 weeks of him being gone, we were a little more worried, but this was still semi normal so we werent too upset about it. She seemed so full of energy. But I had tried to take measures to ensure they we well cared for even asking the neighbour to keep an eye out for whether they wanted letting in or out and giving her a key. You are going to get through this. Maybe I should to help the vet? As I held her and tried to decide what to do, I thought she had died in my arms and my husband started to dig her a grave. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I didnt know what to do stayed until my husband come. This vet missed red flags during routine care as well as on the last day. And you should feel bad and you should get help for yourself so you never do anything like that again. I dropped to the floor there, covered in my little baby's blood and just sobbed. Slug Bait. We fought hard to keep Tiny inside the first couple weeks. It wasnt alarming but she was definitely more active than usual. TikTok video from Madison Shewbooks (@madisonshewbrookssss): "You killed him over something he didn't do. If you're being honest, and there is actually some type of problem other than you being a bad person; then you need to get help. It was supposed to be a routine operation to spay her so we could get her the companion she craved. My mum and sister were on the phone and they told me to let her go. I really loved him, but I feel like I became so selfish amidst the stress in my life. I said goodbye. "What a deal!" you think, as you lift him into the back seat. Thats when I heard him really cry. He was my baby. I called out for buttercup and did not spot her where I left her, when I looked over at Mr.Bing, his eyes moved to the floor behind him and it frightened me. I can be redeemed only by love, and that would be unloving. I noticed if I stopped, she would go limp, and was not breathing on her own or with a pulse. The bottom line is that my vet missed these disease processes that there was evidence for. The vet said that it couldve been a congenital heart defect, or E-Cuniculi, and that they ran all their tests before the operation and Lolly was fine, if stressed. If you saw a dog killing on purpose, you may lose all your finances.If you dreamt about killing your own dog, this dream means you will have a long-lasting conflict with one of your relatives or friends.It is better to find consensus. Get those feelings out, express them any way you can. The sweetest little girl. I took him to 3 different vets in our area that could not figure what was wrong with him. You didnt deserve to die like that, you were my moms companion during her cancer and now with all her after effects. I just rescued a kitten about 2 Weeks ago and she's so attached to me. The vet said they dont know whats wrong because it would be a whole bunch of expensive tests, but he gave me anti seizure meds that I was supposed to be giving him 2 times daily. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. We have spent a lot of money so far trying to heal him but he might have problems for life . I can't imagine what it must feel like to you now, even after 5 years. My wife (30F) and I (30F) have been together for a few years, married 6 months. She died because she had to have surgery to remove some of her colon and she got an infection gone the following morning. I had errands to run and I strapped my daughter into her car seat and pulled my vehicle out of the garage. I told her I loved her. Losing a friend sucks. So, I went to the laundry room (which is right outside my bedroom . I saw his last minute when he peed and pooped himself. I feel like an idiot for not doing it. And even though I had seen her do it, it somehow was getting in her way. Well I did that for months but then a lot of stuff happened in between time and I slacked on and off. I had to kill my cat. Get off the internet and seek help immediately before you harm yourself or someone else. The active ingredient in slug bait is metaldehyde, and it can cause uncontrollable seizures in pets. Answer. My heart is broken. Yesterday morning I heard him struggling and struggling to scratch through his cage and I just tried to ignore him even though I still felt really bad. I didnt try enough to save him. I stopped handling her. The topics discussed include practical . Brutally killing a pet (puppy?) He was the smallest of his litter, and also the noisiest. She needed something to love. Fluids were the last thing she needed. After some moments she appeared more lucid. The Animal Legal Defense Fund is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. I will never forget or be able to get the attack out of my head. She hated that case. Dogs most commonly experience nausea, upset stomach, and diarrhea after taking fish oil. We held each other. I explained that she is a nervous cat and had concerns about putting that added stress on her. This book will help you understand why your feelings are so overwhelming, and help you cope with the guilt you feel about your pet's death. His traces are everywhere,in every corner. In her notes she wrote will start pt on Enalipril in the near future. She is also strong and healthy and has a younger cat named Fern to keep her active. You might be thinking "I could have saved him if only I would . Darling Lolly, I love you so much. How did you love and take care of your pet? Take responsibility for your brokenness and get help. All of a sudden he had another episode last night, what would happen is his front legs would go stiff straight and it spasm and then he would pant like crazy. She follows me everywhere and if I'm in bed, she will meow obnoxiously until she can snuggle up on top of or around me. So many regrets, and so many opportunities to change the outcome. The doc gave her a shot of antibiotic and we brought her back home. He died slowly over about 15 minutes. I feel horrible. From the sound of it, you gave that little dog the best quality of life possible. If you did not deliberately set out to harm your pet, then you have nothing to feel guilty about. She was very warm which led me to believe this didnt just happen. She was my shadow and adored me, she would be looking out the window after me when Id go to work and i could hear her jumping on the inside of the door when i would insert the key every evening. I love her so much and Im so glad I knew her, but at the same time if somebody else had adopted her as a baby they might not have been an idiot like me and she might be alive today. I told her I can easily observe her for improvement. And I could have asked that the neighbour go in morning and night just to double check they werent wanted to be in or out. Thank you. That means a dog of 20 pounds or 9 kilograms may survive if the dose is . I can't believe it hours later. He used to love it. In my effort to protect the wound and let it heal, I caused her another, more serious, problem.

New Construction Homes In Kissimmee Fl Under $300k, Articles I

i accidentally killed my dog