kentucky legend ham in crockpot

No, youre not dreaming! You can also brown individual ham slices in a skillet or frying pan easily and quickly. We love the set-it-and-forget-it convenience of using a slow cooker to transform Kentucky Legend ham or turkey into memorable mealtimes. Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Winners will be notified each Friday from September 20 through October 29. Click here!). And you dont even need an oven. If you prefer a savory glaze, use mustard, vinegar, honey, minced garlic and crushed peppercorns. If the lid won't fit, simply cover the top with foil. I wouldnt know exactly! Spread on top of ham, pushing into the sliced ham. No rainchecks or substitutions unless otherwise stated. Cutting into a ham before it rests will cause those precious juices to run right out onto your cutting board. Parents with kids of all ages will enjoy hearing Colleen share her favorite brands for simplifying meal prep. In a bowl, mix mustard and brown sugar to create paste. Crockpot Ham is a fabulous staple recipe to have in your arsenal. Kentucky Legends Ultimate Ham Thawing Guide. Do this for all sides of the ham until there is no longer any skin or excess fat. This ham we used it a standard pre-cooked ham! Select Manual high pressure and use the ham portion sizes below to set the appropriate time. Mayonnaise. if i do not have a slow cooker, how would i cook in a standard oven? Too much onion powder?! If your ham is pre-sliced make sure some of the glaze goes in between the slices. Ham Salad Simple Ingredients: Ham, coarsely ground. Not only is it effortless to throw in the slow cooker, but it's also so mouth-watering-ly delicious that countless reviewers have commented that they'll never cook their hams in the oven again! #FreeWill #SelfLove. The sugar in the glaze mellows out that saltiness and creates the best ham youll ever taste. Cooked for our Thanksgiving meal. Pour the glaze over the ham, and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Open a can of pineapple slices or chunks and arrange on top of the ham. How to Cook Smoked Pork Hocks in the Oven or on the Stove, University of Minnesota: Slow Cookers and Food Safety, USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service: Slow Cookers and Food Safety, Epidemiology and Infection: Outbreaks Attributed to Pork in the United States, 1998-2015, FoodSafety.gov: Meat and Poultry Charts. Cover 42 Comments. Sprinkle with brown sugar, rubbing in thoroughly on all sides. You may also want to halve the other recipe ingredients if cooking a ham that's smaller than 4 pounds. Place in a slow cooker. For an even sweeter flavor, rub brown sugar all over the ham prior to arranging pineapple slices or chunks on top. Heres the best way. Its always a hit & miss on wether it will be salty or not. Pour the maple syrup over the ham. Brush with some of the leftover liquid and broil for about 5 minutes, glazing with additional liquid as preferred. In a small bowl, whisk together orange marmalade, Dijon, orange juice and orange zest; set aside. Freezing meat is perfectly fine and a great way to extend the life of your purchases, but make sure you remember when you take it out of the freezer. Spiral hams are a convenient option for those leery of carving. The glaze is honestly my favorite part of this recipe! You can also freeze it for3-4 months. All Rights Reserved. Just in case you need it; What to Do With Leftover Ham. In fact, for no less than ten years now, I've looked forward to making this recipe every time Easter and Christmas (and even Thanksgiving) roll around! Cover and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes. Required fields are marked *. . Pretty, huh! It dependsbut usually about 5 hours. Instead of trying to heat up a pre-cooked ham in a Crock-Pot, it is recommended that you reheat the meat on the stove, or in the microwave or convection oven, until the meat reaches at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for 14-17minutes. I have a 3oz ham I want to cook in a crockpot but dont know how long to cook it. before serving. A former national and local TV journalist, Colleen shares tips on parenting, travel, looking and feeling good. Cover and cook on low 8 hours, or until thermometer reads at least 145 degrees. Pour the rest of the sauce over the ham. Easy, moist, no-fail holiday ham with results you can count on.Never serve a dried out holiday ham again! directions. This Crockpot Brown Sugar Cola Glazed Ham recipe requires only 5 minutes of prep time to make this incredible brown sugar and cola glaze then pour it over the ham, set it and forget it for a few hours. Is the cooking time the same for Crock pot with fresh ham? Ultimately, Crockpot ham is a forgiving recipe as long as youre cooking on low and keeping ham moist with enough cooking liquid in the crock. STEP 2. Add lid to crockpot if possible, if the lid doesn't fit, cover tightly with foil. You dont have to! Use toothpicks to pin canned pineapple rings all over the surface of the ham. I used about half of the leftovers and made a batch of ham salad. Place the lid on the slow cooker and then cook the ham for 5 hours on low. Boneless, spiral sliced ham cooks in an easy 4 ingredient brown sugar & honey glaze. CROCK POT HAM & POTATOES : 8-10 potatoes, sliced & peeled 1-2 c. cubed or deli sliced ham 1-2 c. grated cheddar cheese 1 can cream of celery or mushroom soup Diced onion, to taste . Well, well be honest: theres no worse feeling than preheating your oven only to realize your Kentucky Legend ham is still completely frozen! It will be a beautiful centerpiece for your holiday spread! If not, place cut side down. We cant tell you how many times weve jumped into a recipe without understanding it first (weve all done it, right?!). In fact, you could cut cold slices right off our hams straight from the store to use for sandwiches or salads if you like. ), the secret to keeping leftover ham juicy is adding back moisture while warming it to keep it moist. Jars or Dijon mustard are definitely not a collectors item. You can use a basting brushto ensure every nook and cranny gets coated in the sticky glaze. (The Kentucky Legend Ham was already scored so that made this much easier!) Not sure what i can get in the uk. Cook and stir frequently until the sugar has dissolved completely. This sounds delicious and similar to my glaze, I use orange juice instead of soda and a pinch of ground cloves. Make sure you have a tight seal on your slow cooker and avoid opening the lid unless necessary. Youll need a ham, slow cooker and a few simple ingredients to make a moist, perfectly glazed ham. Onion. Mix together the brown sugar, pepper jelly, mustard and vinegar and pour about 1/2 cup of the glaze evenly all over the ham. Your slow cooker can help you reheat the ham. Combine the melted butter and honey and brush onto the ham. (Need recipe ideas? Place cooked ham slices in a slow cooker on low along with some additional liquidmore ginger ale will do, but you can add broth, barbecue sauce, hoisin sauce, orange juice or apple cider. Make your sandwiches by splitting the rolls, spreading with mayo, adding a piece of cheese and ham. Score the ham and place one whole clove at each intersection. At Five Heart Home. You can warm a precooked ham in the slow cooker, just make sure to do it properly so it's safe to eat. Instructions. Place ham into a 6-qt slow cooker. If the lid doesnt fit over the ham, you can cover it with foil. Let rest 10 minutes and serve with excess juices which you can also cook down with a little cornstarch for a sweet sauce. Pineapple and Brown Sugar Glazed Ham - Kentucky Legend. Place crushed pineapple in the bottom of a crock pot coated with PAM cooking spray. I'm not sure what you havethere are lots of variations. This will get washed away in the next step but any that stays on is a bonus. You can also place the ham on the trivet that comes with the IP, I think that should prevent you getting the burn notice. Youll also need to check your microwaves manual for the minutes per pound and the power level; since each microwave varies. A quarter boneless ham runs about 2 to 2 pounds, which makes 4 good size servings. Click here to save your own private notes only you will see. Pour the glaze over it and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. We recommend using this Meat Thermometer for oven use. How to Cook Bacon in the Oven - Step by Step, Grilled T-bone Steak and Porterhouse Steak, How to Bake Chicken Breasts in a Convection Oven, How to Grill Chicken Breast on a Gas Grill, Grilled Chicken Drumsticks - Quick and Easy. Pack the brown sugar on top of the ham, pressing into the cloves. And be sure not to overcookserve as soon as the internal temperature of the ham tests done. Add water to the pan's bottom and wrap it all in foil firmly to keep the moisture out. On the off chance that there are leftovers (too many of these Easter snacks before dinner, perhaps? With the slow cooker set on low, put the ham in about five hours before dinner. Salmonella, a type of bacteria that is sometimes found in pork, can cause infections with symptoms like fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain, per a March 2019 study in Diseases. Yummy, wholesome meals don't have to be difficult or require a lot of timelet me teach you my tips and tricks! Learn how your comment data is processed. Herb & Honey Glazed Ham with Soups Recipes. 2021-09-10 If not, place cut side down. Using a sharp paring knife, score the top and sides in a diagonal crosshatch pattern about 1/4 inch deep. Meat only lasts a few days after this, so dont stop the efficiency now. New Year's Recipes; Valentines's Day Recipes; Easter Recipes; Mother's Day Recipes; Cook and stir frequently until the sugar has dissolved completely. Pour the pineapple juice into the bottom of a large slow cooker. This recipe comes complete with instructions on how to cook this ham in the oven or in your pressure cooker! While you can prepare a boneless ham in the slow cooker, we find that bone-in hams yield more tender, flavorful and moist results. Im Joanna (Jo for short) and this is my blog where I share with you my culinary adventures. Celery. Preparing a slow-cooked ham could not be simpler. All content protected by Federal Copyright Laws. Lightly score ham in diagonal lines first one way, then crosswise, to form a diamond pattern, being careful not to cut any deeper than about a eighth of an inch. To carve your ham, place it on a cutting board, flat-side down. So today, I've decided it's high time I update my slow cooker ham recipe with some new step-by-step photos, tips, and tricks! Believe it or not, yall, every year far too many holiday hosts, some new to the task, and some who should know better by now, make this simple mistake, either from inexperience or just plain forgetfulness, what with all the million other things to do. Beware of hot steam when you remove the foil. Hi! The best part about this ham is that its only 4 ingredients! The best part? Skim any fat and then strain the juices from the crockpot into a saucepan. It might be wiser to remove that avocado pit with a spoon rather than your newly sharpened knife. You can also ask your local butcher to spiralize it for you. Green beans, oven-roasted sweet potatoes, . document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This is a beautiful ham and will be delicious! Get one of our Kentucky legend barbecue flavored ham recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Cooking Kentucky Legend Ham In Crockpot Recipes . (click for more), If you're looking for fabulous side dishes to accompany this Crockpot Ham, I think you'll enjoy, servings (approximately, for an 8-pound bone-in ham), approximately 7 to 8 pounds (*see Notes below). Since all Kentucky Legend hams are precooked as part of our legendary double-smoking process, youre really never cooking a Kentucky Legend ham for doneness. This does the math for the ingredients for you. Yes, the ham used here is a pre-cooked ham. As a rule of thumb, an eight to 10-pound precooked ham will take about 4 to 6 hours on low in a slow cooker. Depending on your preferences, you can add other ingredients to the slow cooker with the precooked ham to infuse it with flavor and give it a sweet or savory glaze. This post may contain affiliate links. Its very easy to accidentally overcook your ham when defrosting in the microwave and, thus, causing it to dry out. Coat the ham with the glaze mixture. In a small bowl, use a fork to stir the cornstarch into the water until smooth. Reheating leftover ham? Spread brown sugar mixture all over ham and place, flat side down, in slow cooker. This amazing Crockpot Ham is the BEST slow cooker ham recipe! Professional chefs always live by this one keeping your knives in razor-sharp condition saves so much time in the kitchen and allows you to be precise. By cooking the ham in a nice sweet glaze you create the perfect sweet and savory balance. Plus, slow cookers also use less electricity than ovens. Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Meat is an obvious eat or get rid of before things start to stink, but condiments and seasonings expire too. While ham doesnt look like a steak, the same rule about resting your meat applies. Serve warm and enjoy. The number of servings per recipe is stated above. Then remove the lid from the slow cooker and evenly pour the glaze over the ham. Try this ham with any of your favorite sides! Instructions. Big hit at christmas or whenever I feel like having ham! Gently place the precooked ham in the Crock-Pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours, basting with the cooking juices every few hours. Editor's Note: Originally Published March 19, 2016. Remove the ham from the packaging, discarding any plastic cap and/or glaze or flavoring packet. For example, a small 3-pound ham will probably be done in 2 to 3 hours. Transfer to a 5-qt. Boneless ham comes in two varieties. Show: Red Pepper Jelly Glazed Ham . Keep the ham warm in the covered slow cooker until you are ready to serve it. Stick whole cloves in a diamond pattern over the entire ham From mississippimom.com See details EASY SLOW COOKER HAM RECIPE | ALLRECIPES, Apr 27, 2019 - Whether you're planning a festive meal for a holiday or simply a family dinner, a precooked ham is a smart option. If you like, you can add spices like cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg to the slow cooker with the precooked ham for additional flavor. Cooler fall temps = time to bust out the slow cooker. This method is perfect for families who prefer a more casual dinner of shredded hot ham and roll sandwiches. The good news is that thawing in the refrigerator doesnt need to lead right up to cooking time. instructions: Combine chili sauce, barbeque sauce, brown sugar and dry mustard in a medium-sized crock pot and mix well. Editors Tip: Not sure how to carve around the ham bones? Turned out delicious! Not enough garlic? U never fail to impress me. About 2 tablespoons brown sugar. December 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM. Heat the ham either on the stove or in the microwave or convection oven. Next purchase coupon offers are not available to earn .

Cornelia Vanderbilt Wedding, Milwaukee County Police Department, Early Families Of Washington County, Pennsylvania, Latin Prayers For The Dead, Accidents In Chesterfield Va Yesterday, Articles K

kentucky legend ham in crockpot