michael jackson oprah interview transcript

The interview aired on February 10, 1993, and it coincided with a crucial moment in Jacksons life. THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. So when I heard about the new two-night HBO documentary Leaving Neverlandand the fact that Oprah was going to be interviewing Wade Robson and James Safechuck, the two men in the film who accuse Jackson of sexually abusing them as childrenI had a similar reaction to the rest of the world: Disbelief. He hadn't shaved that morning. By Callum Crumlish 12:25, Sun, Feb 19, 2023 | UPDATED: 09:47, Mon, Feb 20, 2023 UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, but he's not responding to anything. Robson told Oprah of his decision to speak out: "If anything that I say is going to help any other survivors, then I should be able to speak the truth.". DEEPAK CHOPRA, SPIRITUAL ADVISER: I said, Michael, you don't need these drugs for that. And a 14 week trial in 2005 found Jackson not guilty of charges that he had molested another 13-year-old boy, Gavin Arvizo. UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Nobody like it anywhere in the world. And, generally, he expressed to me that he was made to feel that he was ugly, that he was not pretty. Get updates on your favorite shows, the latest from Oprah's world and more! TOURE, FORMER CNN POP CULTURE ANALYST: The sound was incredible. Even from the beginning, when they're nervously holding hands at MTV and he says, "Nobody thought this would last," and then he goes to kiss her. And I know that it tore him to pieces. LEMON: Even though Jackson couldn't replace his earlier success, he never stops innovating. He could hardly smile. LEMON (voice-over): It was June 13, 2005. CASTRO: If you believe the fact that he, you know -- that he has this congenital skin condition, that's why he's so white, then fine. I just wish I could understand my father. Sometimes he would come to see me, and I would throw up. As an adult too? Yes., Then Oprah started to fire away. There wouldn't even be the MTV that is now without Michael Jackson's influence. I was previously the Digital Director of OprahMag.com, and before that, Senior Features Writer at Refinery29, where I also served as a video host and on-camera entertainment expert. JOANN SAMS, SECRETARY, ROOSEVELT HIGH SCHOOL: Oh, it was just unbelievable, because they were so young, but yet they were so talented. Also, two moving vans showed up today at the rented L.A. home where Jackson apparently collapsed. Video of Michael Jackson showcasing his beatboxing and singing talent in an impromptu performance from 1993 confirms what we've known all along: MJ was a natural born entertainer. There are also accusations that Reed created this film and Robson, and Safechuck participated because they're after money and fame. He made me rehearse too much. LEMON: That album was 1982's "Thriller." As Jackson's marriage began to crumble, so did his career. UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is the greatest moment that disco has in its entire history. UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, we have a personal doctor here with him, sir. In the Michael Jackson interview, this is quite noticeable: she describes the artists disturbing environment with a naivet that makes Michael himself not feel attacked. And Emmanuel Lewis was right there, underlying, like this is not sexual at all. "Leaving Neverland" debuts Sunday, March 3 at 8 PM EST on HBO. The interview with Jackson took place at his huge Neverland Ranch, complete with its own amusement park and zoo. And we started going, we started to get going. Kelly's recent indictment for 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse. A 13-year-old boy filed a lawsuit accusing the singer of sexually molesting him. This is a guy 40 years old who has literally done everything that you can think of, but still hungry enough to say, I want to create an instrument. Interviews. USHER: If it wasn't music, it was obviously dance that influenced us. me with them and I will put them on here. So as a community, when we do see our people succeed, we want to cheer them on. Michael showed Oprah his Neverland Ranch, and once they settled in the theater, he talked about his social work and his interest in helping children. HIATT: It's hard looking at the guy being pushed around in a wheelchair, looking so thin and fragile. He is later joined by his sister and guest star, LaToya Jackson (1983/1984): . Several items were taken away. UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK, and he's not conscious either -- UNIDENTIFIED MALE: No, he's not conscious, sir. I can't even begin to summarize here everything that happens in those four hours, but if there is one message I can share: It is a must-watchespecially if you are a Michael Jackson fan. Spawning iconic music videos and a sold-out world tour, "Bad" went on to sell 8 million copies, and Jackson went on to change his image once again. He's a 12-year-old superstar with thousands of people shrieking and screaming. Then in 1996, Jackson sent shock waves around the world when it was announced he had married Debbie Rowe, his dermatologist nurse. LEMON: In a BBC interview, Joe Jackson admitted whipping Michael with a switch or a belt, but denied ever beating him. "My mother's wonderful. Michael, a fiercely private entertainer, had refused to give an interview for 14 years. ), I shared the same mindset of many of the folks Oprah was talking about. It is strange to see Michael in the absence of screaming and crowds; he seemed removed from his own celebrity. She offered to have a child for him. UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The record flew out of stores. LEMON: Coming up, scandal rocks the gates of Neverland. Then two years later, I was like, I was wrong. And there's kinda buttery smell and a fragrance. The interview would be Jackson's last. And that was my sentiment walking into Oprah Winfrey Presents: After Neverlanda conversation with Robson, Safechuck, and Leaving Neverland director Dan Reedwhich was taped in New York City before a live audience of sexual abuse survivors. So it'd be nighttime. So off he went to the island nation of Bahrain. Every time a shot opens, we see behind him a huge, lonely room filled with expensive works of art. But perhaps its not all that candid, Borja Tern argues. That's all tonight at 10:00 p.m. Eastern, right here on CNN, live from Los Angeles. We may earn commission from links on this page, but we only recommend products we back. There wouldn't be BET. UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He's 50 years old. He died three and a half months later. SUZANNE DE PASSE, CEO, DE PASSE ENTERTAINMENT: He had the charisma, the talent, the voice, the -- everything it takes. JERMAINE JACKSON, MICHAEL JACKSON'S BROTHER: You know, you have to say to yourself, who hasn't? LEMON: The transformation was complete. Who do you date? Right now, Brooke Shields. Oprah nodded and murmured Hmm. She comes to my house, or I go to hers, Michael continued. Michael had turned down interviews for 14 years, until allowing Oprah access to Neverland. How many plastic surgery procedures have you undergone? Very, very few, Michael replied. And interestingly, he'd say to me every time, no, I wouldn't do that. He survived it with 14 acquittals. Every day, Michael Jackson showed up in one of his Captain Crunch outfits. And Michael just stared at me. With Michael Jackson, you never know what the truth is. (COMMERCIAL BREAK) (BEGIN VIDEOTAPE) UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I need an ambulance as soon as possible. Not that the trial was going to end badly, but that something would happen to Michael. WINFREY: Would he -- did he ever beat you? And then there are all the gatherings, from weddings to birthdays, where the only songs that would get everyone in my mixed, multicultural family on the dance floor to attempt their best moonwalks were "Billie Jean" and "Thriller.". She explained: "Here's the reason why I'm here. On the weekends, I'm probably either having a margarita, adding new books I don't need to my TBR pile, or playing with my puppy, Leo. So if it gets you, our audience, to see how it happens, then some good would have come of it.". You are seeing through to the blue veins, and they're very, very apparent. That is when everything clicked for mewhen I had what Oprah likes to call an "aha moment." It was just incredible. There is no song, album, or memory that is worth discrediting what happened to a seven year old little boy who was so young when he was being touched sexually, he worried that his abuser would turn into the werewolf from "Thriller." LEMON: The Los Angeles Coroner's Office said they would need toxicology tests before determining the cause of death. Stay up to date with the latest trends that matter to you most. At the heart of this film are the stories of Robson and Safechuck, whowith appearances from their mothers, wives and siblingsdiscuss how they were discovered and mentored by Jackson from the ages of 6 and 9, respectively. And it's happening right now. I knew it wouldn't look right. Beginning at a place called Motown------ I was always crying from loneliness. With that, live in front of 62 million viewers, Jackson established the first great myth that would surround him from that moment on (and which his most diehard fans would use to justify his most outlandish behaviors): the kid whose childhood was stolen from him. CRAIG HARVEY, CORONER'S SPOKESMAN: We know he was taking some prescription medications. They just have that natural talent for dancing any of the new, hot dances. "He kept getting whiter and whiter and whiter, and nobody understood why," Oprah says. Ellen: Oh, thank you. Due to a planned power outage on Friday, 1/14, between 8am-1pm PST, some services may be impacted. ", Michael's relationship with his father, Joe Jackson, has made plenty of headlines throughout the years. He defended himself somewhat crazily, but it did make some sense: What about the millions of people who put themselves in the sun to make their skin darker, to become someone else? The marriage lasted only two years, but when Michael talked with Oprah a year before his nuptials, everyone was wondering ifand whohe dated. Watch full episodes and live stream OWN whenever and wherever you want. In the Black community, many of us feel an inherent need to "protect our own." BOTEACH: He puts on that black thing, that mask. I'm going to miss him. After the sex. Mere months later, his public image would be tarnished forever Semipresencial en Aguascalientes, Maestra a distancia en Actividad Fsica y Salud, Maestra a distancia en Energas Renovables, Descubre un completo Directorio de Centros de Formacin, Mejore su italiano con solo 15 minutos al da. RABBI SCHMULEY BOTEACH: On the one hand, he would always complain. UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Michael Jackson doesn't just come along once in a century or a lifetime. He announced his farewell tour, This Is it, in a brief press conference on March 5, 2009, in London. After more than two months of testimony, 135 witnesses, and seven days of deliberations, the jury reached a verdict. I would see kids on the monkey bars and I would cry because I couldn't have a childhood. His steelworker father, Joe, turned five of his boys into a band with five-year-old Michael out front. Oprah is the queen of this format (her 2021 conversation with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle is the most recent great example of the show-interview). I tuck them in. And he had this towering 270 million dollar debt. I think he was responding to his fans by, at least showing them his face. And I was -- and I kept saying, I just hope he gets a physical trainer, someone to really work him out, to make sure he's healthy and prepared. Oprah immediately connected with the artist and the audience by asking Michael if he was nervous. But Reed cleared up one important thing: Neither Robson nor Safechuck were paid to be a part of Leaving Neverland. And he said -- and even then he said to me, well, it was more like he says a razzle-dazzle kind of thing. LEMON: CNN's Jeffrey Toobin was in the courtroom. BROCKMAN: I recognized that, you know, this is Michael Jackson. BRIAN OXMAN, ATTORNEY: I've talked to this family about it. All the questioning that we have reviewed to this point occurred in just 30 minutes. He pleaded not guilty. In the second block of the interview, the tone changed completely. Jackson's personal physician, Conrad Murray, who's believed to have been with the singer when he died, has hired an attorney. LEMON: Ben Brockman was one of Jackson's attorneys. to Oprah is an American television interview special that was broadcast by ABC on February 10, 1993. The pop star's eccentric behavior hardly deterred the album's record-breaking five number ones. on the Internet. NORRIS: There's a reason it's called "Neverland Valley." And it was just kind of disgusting and silly. He suffered from bad acne and was self- conscious of his appearance. With all of the pieces and details put together chronologically across four hours, Leaving Neverland brings to life a man who groomed his victims psychologically into simultaneously loving him and fearing him so steadfastly that they never accepted that they were abused themselvesmuch less wanted to tell anyone about it. In 1993, Jackson spoke about both in this interview with Oprah Winfrey. He only comes along once. And, worst of all, a potentially terrible father. MJ: You're welcome anytime. Beating, Joe maintained, is something you do with a stick. Michael Jackson talks to Oprah (1993) by Harpo Productions Publication date 1993 Topics Michael Jackson, Oprah, Oprah Winfrey, The Oprah Winfrey Show This is a UK airing of the famous interview of Michael Jackson by Oprah Winfrey in 1993. If, like me, you are still on the fence about what to believe or what not to believeor even whether or not you want to watch this filmI can tell you this with 100 percent certainty: Watching both Robson and Safechuck's faces as they recollect what allegedly happened to them, both in Leaving Neverland and during Oprah's interview, there is not a single doubt in my mind that these men are telling the truth. Oprah : Michael Jackson is the seventh of nine brothers and sisters born in Gary, Indiana to steel mill worker Joseph and mother Katherine. LEMON: That documentary triggered bombshell news that thrust the fated pop star back into the spotlight. Rick: Well, you just want to. Im a gentleman. Who satisfies your desire? asked Oprah (in a nod to a line from the then newly released single Give in to Me). Oprah's interview with Michael is one of the most-watched TV events in history, with 90 million people tuning in to watch and more than 7.8million catching up on the interview on YouTube since . And that's what happened. They performed as if they had been performing for years. Plastic surgery was another much-talked about issue surrounding Michael Jackson in the early 1990s. BOTEACH: He did say to me that he was once on an airplane, and his father said to him, you know, your nose isn't nice, or something like that. MESEREAU: I think this trial and this entire case took a terrible toll on him emotionally and physically. USHER, SINGER: Michael had an unseen magic to influence people, the music and the culture. At first that's a starling thing. The hurt was so ingrained in each of these men, in fact, that neither of them were willingor ableto accept what had happened to them until they had sons of their own. LEMON: Three years later, in the fall of 1991, "Dangerous" was released. According to television analyst Borja Tern, Oprah really knows how to create an atmosphere. MESEREAU: I was on occasion. That is why to escape death, I attempt to bind my soul to my work. It remains to be seen how the recently announced film about Michael Jacksons life (which will star his nephew Jaafar and will be directed by Antoine Fuqua) will reflect this transformation. I tried and tried and tried to get the message across to people that sexual abuse is not just abuseit is also sexual seduction." "Thriller" broke records, with seven top ten singles. Jackson, he said, once asked him for a prescription. And he's not breathing. My "CNN Presents: Man in The Mirror" continues. Uploaded by HIATT: At the same time he was announcing these shows, he also made sure to say these are the final shows. Michael Jackson Talks . Have you ever been in love? Oprah pressed on. Eight minutes into the show, Oprah posed the question that would allow her to get to the meatier questions. Michael Jackson and Brooke Shields at the 1993 Grammy Awards, a few days after the interview with Oprah Winfrey. But a lot of people think that he has bleached his skin. "After the attention is no longer on this film, this is something I will be dealing with for the rest of my life," Safechuck told Oprah. In 1993, Oprah Winfrey made history by conducting the most-watched interview in television history. But one reason that tends to happen in particular is the fact that in this country, Black people are at a disadvantage when it comes to career success. And immediately I was up all night trying to think of the type of songs that would create excitement among people. Michael Jacksons next two major interviews (with Diane Sawyer in 1995 and with Martin Bashir in 2003) would have even more disturbing questions. On verdict day, he looked like death warmed over. Premiered in Feburary 10th 1993. Music would not be what it is without Michael Jackson. In 2002, he incited world-wide outrage when he dangled his newborn son, Prince Michael II, from the balcony of a Berlin hotel. For him it was a world of betrayal. ", In 1993, controversy about Michael's skin color was at an all-time high. this is SOOO funny. I was like, "What do you mean?" 1979, "Off the Wall." Mejore su francs con solo 15 minutos al da. And is aid to him, take that stupid thing off! Correction: An earlier version of this story stated that Jacksons 2005 trial lasted 18 months; the trial lasted 14 weeks. Wonderful., Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get more English-language news coverage from EL PAS USA Edition, Sign up to EL PAS In English Edition bulletin, If you want to follow all the latest news without any limits, subscribe to EL PAS for just 1 the first month. TARABORELLI: Nothing was the same after "Thriller." Michael Jackson's place it's fresh candy and there's a the fragrance in his home is like a, a cross between chocolate and vanilla. Oprah's Controversial Interview With Michael Jackson Was His First In 14-Years And Broke Records The interview took place at the 'Neverland Valley Ranch' back in February of 1993. You think about what the it factor is, that's what he had. He also raised eyebrows with his red carpet companions Brooke Shields and Emmanuel Lewis. Oprahs assumed naivet achieves complicity with both Michael and the viewer, and on television complicity allows for everything. We may earn commission from the links on this page. LEMON: Family members came to Jackson's defense. JACKSON: This is it. JOHN NORRIS, FORMER CORRESPONDENT, MTV NEWS: They are songs that still hold up today. Of course, the idea that Michael Jackson may have been not just an abuser, but a pedophile, was not new to me or the rest of the world before news broke about the upcoming Leaving Neverland, which documentary filmmaker Reed began production on last year. LEMON: The marriage collapsed less than two years after the wedding. This time, she wants to speak candidly about the intimate, personal details that made her relationship with Michael as complicated and misunderstood as it was. JACKSON: Yes. Why can't we create the next instrument?" A lot of people sort of paint him with that brush, but realize he was found not guilty. LEMON: Can you sing it a bit please? To no -- he's not responding to CPR or anything. Flags at half staff, a memorial at his childhood home. Tonight at 10:00 p.m. Eastern, we'll talk to a member of Amnesty International about what is going on in Iran and how bad it has gotten. This is really it. SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTERS TODAY AND ENJOY THE BENEFITS. It could not be stopped. He said, no one wants to be mortal; we all want to be immortal. It's sort of like the anti- King Midas, like everything he wants to do just gets screwed up. And my worst fears are here. The interview shattered records with an audience of 90 million. In an exclusive interview, Murray's attorney tells CNN his client is upset over Jackson's death and that he plans to cooperate fully. After the second half airs on Monday, March 4, Oprah Winfrey Presents: After Neverland" will air simultaneously on HBO and OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network on at 10:00 PM EST. An aerial view of Jackson's Neverland theme park taken in 2011. that interview Jackson did with Martin Bashir, a study by the Census Bureau and Stanford University, Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads. Jackson Interview Transcript By Ellen Crean December 28, 2003 / 12:38 PM / CBS For most of his life, Michael Jackson has been in the spotlight, most recently because of what has been. Here were three of the main takeaways from the hour: 1. (Video: HBO) Comment on this story They don't sound dated. I mean, within six months, every 10-year-old in Dallas could do it. It is bigger than Michael Jackson's fans, bigger than me defending the soundtrack to my childhood. (In 1993, after 13-year-old Jordan Chandler and his father accused Jackson of child sexual abuse, a police investigation was inconclusive, and Jackson settled with the family out of court. With Michael Jackson, Oprah Winfrey, Elizabeth Taylor. UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This man was the greatest recording artist of our time. It just didn't seem possible. Media mogul Suzanne de Passe was there at the beginning. MICHAEL JACKSON: I would do my schooling for three hours with the tutor, and right after that I'd go to the recording studio and record. .css-ssumvd{display:block;font-family:Gilroy,Helvetica,Arial,Sans-serif;font-size:1.0625rem;font-weight:bold;line-height:1.25;margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;}@media (any-hover: hover){.css-ssumvd:hover{color:link-hover;}}@media(min-width: 40.625rem){.css-ssumvd{letter-spacing:0rem;margin-top:0.9375rem;}}Gayle King Interviews Angela Bassett, Gayle Says March Is a Good Month for TV Lovers, Sheryl Lee Ralphs Definition of True Love, What We Know About The Little Mermaid Remake, Oprah Congratulates Kimmel on 20 Years of His Show, Nikole Hannah-Jones on "The 1619 Project", Ta-Nehisi Coates on the Wakanda Forever Podcast, Oprah Is Acting in Tyler Perrys Next Netflix Film. (SINGING) (END VIDEOTAPE). Oprah, who referenced her own experiences with sexual abuse as a child during the interview, added that when you're as young as Robson and Safechuck were when they allege that Jackson abused them7 and 10you "don't have the language to explain what is happening to you." NORRIS: And of course, it paid off for all of us, because, I mean, the idea of MTV without Michael Jackson's videos from "Thriller" is almost inconceivable. JACKSON: My friends and doctors advise me to seek professional guidance in order to eliminate what has become an addiction. The album was a smash with songs like "Don't Stop till You Get Enough" and "Rock with You," reaching number one. Despite the success of "We are the World" in the mid '80s, seemingly soft-spoken Michael was retreating into a world all his own. Have expert advice and tips delivered directly to you. In 1994, Michael married Lisa Marie Presley. Brooke. Then he added, Ive always been in love with Diana Ross. Oprah asked if he would propose to Elizabeth Taylor. LEMON: Fan clubs, trading cards, Michael Jackson dolls. He was very placid. An extended version of the special will also be available on Oprahs SuperSoul Conversations podcast starting Sunday, March 10. Don't treat me like a criminal, because I am innocent. Download the Watch OWN app and access OWN anytime, anywhere. The unprecedented live event drew a worldwide audience of 90 million people. UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Fifty, OK. When we continue, chimps, oxygen chambers, the elephant man's bones -- Michael Jackson's bizarre behavior. He's not the person to do this. LEMON: The case was eventually settled for nearly $20 million, and the suit was dropped in 1994. Why? He sat there on a daily basis, watching accusations hurled at him, suggesting that he was an insensitive monster. So, how do you write a song called "We are the World"? They talked about James Brown, Jackie Wilson, the Bee Gees and Motown. BOTEACH: He repudiated the adult world. JACKSON: This one, this one -- CASTRO: Almost pathological in his spending ways. Fun fact: I got my start in journalism as an intern at _O, The Oprah Magazine, so my role overseeing Oprah Daily's website is a major full-circle moment! Have you ever had suicidal tendencies? Whats a 36-year-old man doing sleeping with a 12-year-old boy? Have you ever had sexual intercourse with a child? The rest of the story is familiar: Bashirs 2003 interview, in which Jackson again claimed to share his bed with children, prompted an investigation and then a trial for the sexual abuse of a young boy who appeared with him on the show (Jackson was found not guilty). And I'd see all the children playing, and they'd be rooting and making noise, and I would cry. HARVEY: Those tests we anticipate will take approximately four to six additional weeks. to Oprah" February 10, 1993: ABC: 2 The Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Oprah Winfrey 49 . Filled mostly with past hits and some new angry songs like "Scream," 1995's "History: Past, Present, and Future" could not revive Jackson's success in the studio. Which when he first did it nationally, it was like, wait, is gravity being, like, messed with here? The weight, the gravity, the way he would sing. Since the mid-1980s, people had speculated that Jackson wanted to become white, that he wanted to become a woman, that he had bought the Elephant Mans remains, that he slept in an oxygen chamber, that he had married Elizabeth Taylor, that he suffered from anorexia, that his best friend was a monkey, that the monkey was telepathic, that Michael was a homosexual and that he was a virgin. Michael went from reacting to Oprahs questions with some trepidation to carrying most of the conversation. Because of that you became a great performer, and maybe even because you were not given enough love as a child, you wanted the world's love. LEMON: From the high school auditorium to the big-time. It was the last time the public viewed the artist not mired in disturbing allegations. When I saw that spectacle, I realized that my concerns about his frailty, about his physical issues, and emotional instability, were even more well-founded. They were tremendous. I said that Michael is over-medicating and that I did not want to see this kind of a case develop. HIATT: I was looking in an old "Rolling Stone" article from a few years ago and someone said, you'll really know that Michael Jackson is broke when he announces a big European tour. WINFREY: He did? I'm ashamed to admit it in writing, but, here goes: I was one of those critics. Our editors handpick the products that we feature. And sadly, he really internalized that message. His cheeks were sunken in. LEMON: Michael Jackson was officially charged with seven counts of child molestation and several other felonies. She was referencing the naysayers on social media who were alreadybefore even watching the two-part documentarydiscrediting Robson and Safechuck, calling them liars because neither of them had spoken up when they were younger about what they say happened to them. That was the start of the plastic surgery, and probably the pain killers. LEMON: Jackson, in his last interview with "Ebony." A lot of people from the Mideast love Michael Jackson. But that becomes problematic when sometimes, that means we turn a blind eye to their mistakes, or, in this case (and the cases of other public figures like Kelly, O.J. I was never able to enjoy the simplest things that a child takes for granted in his life. The Winfrey-Jackson interview was the 101st highest-rated show in television history. Is it true that you sleep in an oxygen chamber to stay eternally young? Did you buy the Elephant Mans remains? Is it true that you wanted a white actor to play Michael Jackson as a child in a Pepsi commercial? Winfrey went through a litany of crazy headlines, all of which Jackson denied. He's not breathing and we need -- we're trying to pump him but he's not -- UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK, OK. How old is he? So for me, it's time to say goodbye to Michael Jacksonone last time. Less than a year later, Jackson made headlines again when he married Lisa Marie Presley, the 26-year-old daughter of Elvis. PETER CASTRO, ASSISTANT MANAGING EDITOR, "PEOPLE" MAGAZINE: He's on the set, and he's descending a staircase. Followed by news helicopters and a convoy of cars, Jackson rushed from Neverland Ranch to the courthouse. Tern claims the visual aspect very subtly [drew] Michael Jacksons personality, that outdated mogul thing. Sometimes I do get angry. TOURE: I don't think anybody, even like the Iowa housewives, were saying, you know they're not sleeping together. powerspyin1 I'd like to take a shot at producing your record. When I think about my childhood, some of my earliest memories are lying on my living room floor watching Michael Jackson's .css-9cezh6{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-decoration-color:inherit;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:#E61957;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;}.css-9cezh6:hover{color:#595959;text-decoration-color:border-link-body-hover;}Moonwalker film over and over, and Sundays on the way to my grandparents' house, bellowing the lyrics to "Remember the Time" from the backseat of my Dad's cherry red Jeep.

Mr Money Mustache Divorce Reason, Taurus Raging Bull 500 4 Inch Barrel, Gatwick North Terminal Gate Map, Articles M

michael jackson oprah interview transcript