nfl players without tattoos

Players have to cover tattoos and be well groomed. 1. In fact, instead of having fancy tattoos, he decides to help humanity. I could go on with many more examples, but hopefully even your ignorant and mean- spirited brain can understand. Its a business people. You could go a lot of different ways with a tattoo featuring The Greek Freak as its headline, but the Milwaukee Bucks 2. If my QB is spending any time under the needle for a superficial piece of body art instead of studying film or learning every positions responisibility on every single play than he is mismanaging his responsibilities as a professional and I wouldnt trust him as the leader of my franchise. Bottom line is its up to the owner to decide how the team is presented to the fans. I have no problem with asking players. Its outrageous and racist and pretty damn normal. Personally, I hate tattoos. Obviously this poll isnt important, but other more telling polls show the same thing. Thigh Football Tattoos 11. From hair length, to facial hair, and most certainly tattoos (can you imagine a big professional law or accounting firm having a employee with tattoos and piercings all over their bodies?). Those who say Richardson can run his business as he sees fit, that theyve had jobs that forbid tattoos, etc. This reminds me of the Yankees and their no facial hair except mustaches rule. In the real world one is not restricted to one team or look for a new line of unemployment. Its a whole lot easier to sell big business on a nice-looking, clean cut young man like Cam Newton, as opposed to a player like Chris Johnson with all the hair, tattoos, and gold teeth. A company that owns the right to tattoos on NBA players is suing the makers of "NBA2K" for graphically representing those tattoos on NBA players without his permission. I for one do not mind a boss/owner being allowed to dictate to his employees what they can or can not wear, decorate, etc Cam was drafted and signed a contract with the team to play in Carolina. Its like any other job. Please explain how you managed to make this about race, I gotta see this. Not a member? Then again, most of these comments that hate on people with tattoos really sound like Abe Simpson. Itd be racist if he said it to all black players which he didnt. From full-sleeve tribal tattoos, nameplates and even tropical sunsets. The easy solution is to remove non-visible piercings when you put on the uniform. I have no issue with an employer enforcing a dress code, theyre paying you to be at work. By the way does anyone have a problem with Clay Matthews have long hair and tats? Call it what you want. He interviewed for a sales position with a company, and showed up at the interview with an earring. Calf Football Tattoos 10. The reason could be that he is still too young for tattoos on his body. I didnt know Jerry Richardson was a Michelle Bachmann backer, - So save all the rediculous comments about athletes being slaves. He doesnt seem to have any issues with the request so Im not sure its even a problem. You can ask them, not tell them. Thats it. In the time it took me to post this he prolly sold 10,000 chicken biscuits. I think theyre stupid looking, but thats just me. To play for the organization, you complied with the rule. I wouldnt. Please explain how you managed to make this about race, I gotta see this. He is just one of many muslim footballers without tattoos. These JR backers are really excited about being model employees and doing what your boss says. Business owners (and the NFL is a business) have a right to do so. Gareth Bale, however, admits to giving his dad a shock by once wearing magnetic earrings for a family dinner back home in Cardiff. At any job the boss has the right to tell his employee what he can and cant do. I think Cam wants to be the next commercial superstar. You guys side with the people in power on everything. Jerry is old school Plain and simple. There are 31 other that might want to employ me, so its your choice sir! They also have the right to have it backfire on them if it turns out nobody really cares if a football player has tattoos, and all this conversation does is plant the seed among other players that maybe this isnt a guy you want to play for. The decision to hire "police tattoo experts" to examine NFL players is not only racist, but a really stupid idea, every way you consider it. Whether he wanted to get a tattoo or not he should have stood his ground and said respectfully sir, I dont have any tattoos or piercings, but I alone will decide if I do or I dont. Apparently, Richardson is willing to tolerate those things when it comes to men who wont become the face of the franchise. Artwork on his neck, arms and any area that is exposed outside of normal clothing and the uniform should be cool. Got it. For Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle Malik Jackson, he uses his body and tattoos to do so. Name one great leader to have earrings or other visible piercings. I dont see what the big deal is. I have never worked for a company, as an adult, that did not have a visible tattoo policy. These players are supposed to be professionals and are paid like they are. When big money starts changing hands, companies are more likely to support teams and athletes that represent the type of image the company wishes to present for itself. . If Carolina finishes with better than .500 record, their fans wouldnt care if Queequeg was their QB. he should be allowed to get a BUST tattoo on his forehead. Chest Football Tattoos 6. Wow the readers on this sight make me sick sometimes. I do understand that things can be taken to the extreme to the point of alienating people even though your behavior is perfect (its harder to relate to someone with multiple facial piercings and a grill than someone without those things)but overall I think its overkill to say no tats/piercings at all. WebFrom a big, beefy offensive lineman having Mamas Boy tatted on his massive biceps to Jeremy Shockeys nod to the great American bald eagle, the league is littered with tattoos that are questionable at best. if he doesnt want him to have tqtoos or piercings, he has every right to request that. No long hair, no facial hair, etc, and no one has a problem with that. Ill be posting some of the most interesting aspects of their discussion right here. I guess he would turn down the new Tom Brady? Maybe their owner should focus more on the talent of the product on the field instead of what they look like. Unless Gabbert comes out and says he was told the same thing by Richardson in regards to his appearance, I have a problem with it. You CAN tackle by the hair. (Peppers) And I think by all accounts hes a model citizen but thats just me. New York Yankees veteran left-handed reliever Aroldis Chapman was placed on the 15-day injured list Saturday because of an infected wound he got from a recent tattoo procedure, the club announced. And to those who say there is no place that would fire an employee over tattoos and such I can name several Two are family entertainment venues namely Walt Disney who has strict policies against and Universal Entertainment. There are laws against being singled out like that. In my opinion, in most cases, tattoos and piercings just make players look immature and unprofessional. This mentality is being shoved down all of americas work force as Unions are being forced out. We can pretend were past this as a society, but unfortunately were not. Register now! Not to be superstitious but a tattoo would definitely mess up the team mojo if he got one now, right? We want to keep no tattoos, no piercings, and I think youve got a very nice haircut., Interjected the host: You sound like a Lombardi., Said Richardson, No, I just sound reasonable to me.. . . Its simpleIf you want to play in the NFL you have to follow rules. However, here are the rules that I want you to play with. Blanco hit eight homers for the Diamondbacks in just 37 games played last season. I dont think so. Where is Allen Iverson when you need him? In a recent interview on "The Charlie Rose Show", Jerry Richardson recounted a conversation he had with Cam Newton on April 4 in which he asked Newton if he had any tattoos or piercings. However you cant tackle by the shoulder pads and sometimes players get flagged because when they have the hair it LOOKS like the pads. The most successful franchise in the history of sports: Yankees have been doing that for years. If it does become an issue he can always request a trade to the Raiders or Bengals. Not everyone who has tattoos is a gang-banger or crimminal. The fact is that, over the years, Richardson has drafted and signed plenty of players who have tattoos and piercings, including tight end Jeremy Shockey. Athletes are NOT slaves, as much as some like to say. Nothing worse than going to the doctors office and my freaking nurse has a nose piercing. WebSome famous people who have a tattoo include Michael Jordan, Paul Stanley (of WWE fame), Sylvester Stallone, and Marilyn Monroe. Otherwise I have no issues with tattoos and piercings on players. So I guess hed pass on Tom Brady because his hair is too long? If Jerry Richardson is a racist, how come he drafted Newton to be the face of the franchise? The more disturbing reality is that Jerry Richardson likely pushed for Newton based on his responses to this question, rather than picking the guy who has the best chance to succeed. No. Another Feather To His Cap: Jurgen Klopp Equals Champions League Finals Record, This Years FIFA World Cup Match Schedules, Lionel Messi Is IGNORING CALLS From His Former Club Barcelona As They Try To Lure Him Back To Camp Nou, The Experts Prediction: The 5 Favorite Teams to Win the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, Footballer flashes his penis in the middle of a match to distract his opponent, Cristiano Ronaldo Finished In 20th Place In The 2022 Ballon dOr Race, BREAKING:Barcelona vs Cadiz STOPPED For Fan EMERGENCY As Goalkeeper Rushed With Medical Supplies, Paris Saint Germain vs Juventus Live: Date and Time, Venue, Team News, Probable Playing XI, And Predictions, FC Barcelona vs Sevilla Live: Date and Time, Venue, Team News, Probable Playing XI, And Predictions, Lionel Messis luxury Ferrari COST MORE than Michael Jordans entire salary in a single NBA season, Kylian Mbappe performs MASSIVE U-TURN on Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi GOAT debate, Who will win the FIFA The Best award? Of course, if Richardson keeps writing checks like he has these past few months, Im sure those offended players could get over it. As a Panthers fan, this is one of the biggest non stories i have ever read on this site. This is funny. To: BIGTROUBLEhow dare you judge people here in such a manner? employees do have rights. some families are probably turning off pro sports right now, just because of this explosion of tats in the last 15 years.). You bring in the best people to help you win. catman72 says: August 24, 2011 at 7:59 am Nothing wrong with JR stating his preferences to kid that hes going to draft and pay to be the face of his franchise. Here you'll find all collections you've created before. . By that I mean.obsessively controlling and a little bit gay. They asked him before the draft if he could be that public face and he agreed. Chris Paul. And I dont want you hanging around that no-good tyrone or that shank shaquanda!. If not, than hes way out of line. He strongly recommended it stay the way it is. The New York Yankees do the same thing with all of their players. If the boss tells you to do something, you do it, or you risk losing your job. As an owner of a business, I can dictate how I want my business to be presented to the buying public. Obviously there are exceptions to this idea such as Mike Vick but even Vick acknowledged that before his stint in the clink he didnt spend near enough time studying. Its fact of life. He is one of the few footballers without tattoos. He looked at me with such disgust. Cristiano Ronaldo is one of few footballers who do not wear tattoos. (thats a joke) But really, the team is in the south and the culture down here is still not totally ready to be led by a person of color. As one of the fastest players in the NFL, Mike Wallace puts fear in opposing secondaries. I find nothing as silly as when people try to compare playing in the NFL to a regular job. I thought, Oh my God! My mate was in and he felt proper awkward.. Dwyane Wade 8. It cant be a case-by-case issue (even though that seems to be the leagues M.O.). They wanted that more than they wanted to stand on principle, piss off Richardson, and take the risk of dropping in the draft. Most employers have some sort of dress code employees must stick to-even our military when it comes to tattoos and piercings. Its that simple. But to single Cam out specifically, esp since hes black, is tainted with the stench of blatant racism. You can do anything you want. If he is quoted correctly there was no ultimatim, so there should be no issue. now with that said, i do agree that a no piercings/tatoos policy can hold up. This isnt a matter of an owner telling a player how to dress and act; its about a businessman maximizing his products marketability. In this country we have the freedom to make bad decisions. The Liverpool star has decided not to wear any tattoos. But anyway, he is a classy player but we wouldnt be surprised to see him in a tattoo shop. Back Football Tattoos 7. To everyone that keeps talking about my companys policy handbook has thisThis doesnt apply to this situation because Cam is being singled out. It is up to them, however, I have higher opinions of players who choose not to get tattoos or piercings. They trade 90% of their drafted prospects anyway, but the guys they do bring up go along because that is the standard in the locker room amongst the veterans. He is one of the few footballers without tattoos as it prohibited in his religion Islam. Yeah, I think owners have every right to decide whats important to them in building their brand, including whether their most marketable player has tattoos. 22 million or needles in my nose and ears? Cam: WTF!!!!! Typically, when people like this state they that they think they are being reasonable, they are just demonstrating their desire for everyone to look and act the same way they do. WebIts inevitable to come across some flashy tattoos in a locker room full of NFL athletes. @oldhamletman, than he has to put those rules in for everyone and not single people out. if the owner is paying the face of a franchise millions and he does not want his franchise player haveing tatoos or pierceing that is cool to me.i worked as a waiter and i had to take my pierceings out and cover my tatoos when i was at work,because i was a represenitive of the restarunt.so if the owner of a million dollar company does not want you to have tats or pierceing than you should not have them. I just wanna know why you cant tackle some fool by his hair if hes going to wear it hanging out so far. Im not sure why NFL players should be any different. The poll results are sad. Salman Chaudhary Bicep Football Tattoos 3. Its ok to have dress codes and other policies for an organization, but young players have tattoos and piercings. He told him he cant have tatoos or piercings! This is going to sound stereotypical but I would expect to see the tattoos in the auto repair shop, county fair, machine shop, steel mill while not seeing them in the operating room, court room, bank, schools and restaurants. The first one relates to the pre-draft meeting between Richardson and quarterback Cam Newton. This clause is enforced @ ALL TIMESwhether she is on or off duty. I think he is a control freak with some serious anger issues. Tattoos are the new mainstream. Lighten up people. ive had many coworkers that have to rock the long sleeves at work to cover up the tats, and theyre cool with that. BUT I think im reading into Richardsons intentions the face of the franchise will make both of them money if he is clean of those markings. Its the same deal here. Does anyone actually think if Newton actually got a tattoo(s) or piercing(s), Richardson would actually fire or discipline Newton? No offense, but my workplace has a dress code that states no visible tattoos and no piercings on men. It sounds to me like Jerry was asking him to keep it the way he has. Furthermore, check yourself in the mirror bro, for the way you embarrassed yourself and your franchise with your handling of preliminary CBA negotiations. Absolutely, Ill expect a dress code. The thing is, as the article mentions, it has to be consistant with the business or in this case the franchise. Richardson is entitled to cut him, if he likes, but that would be contrary to his interests, if Newton is as good as Richardson thinks. Ryan Leaf has no visible tattoos or piercings, but I wouldnt want him on my team. Jerry, do you care more about winning football games or playing house? that some of you morons mentioned. 4. There are a number of portraits including of inspirational political figures Barack Obama, Martin Luther King Jr and Malcolm X. Appearing as guests on PBSs Charlie Rose (thanks for the heads up, SportsBusiness Daily), Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and Panthers owner Jerry Richardson talked about a variety of issues. I just wanna know why you cant tackle some fool by his hair if hes going to wear it hanging out so far. yes its true, lots of companies have policy against visible tats while at work, and i can agree with that. Find great deals on Mens Wide Dress Shoes at Kohl's today!. I have several tats that are in memory of loved ones who have diedas well as several others that have special meaning. SMHI wonder if he asked Blaine Gabbert the same thing during their visit. Nothing wrong with JR stating his preferences to kid that hes going to draft and pay to be the face of his franchise. Its his show. Good keep it that way. That is total BS. The Yankees have a long standing ban on facial hair and long hair, and thats been working all right for them over the years. Cam can choose to bag groceries instead of get paid 30 mil to play a game. Hell, even the military is getting picking about where they want their Marines, soldiers, airmen or sailors to get tats. Wrong. If the owners made rules about when the players where allowed to go number 2 you would probably approve. 1.8k Views. Russell Westbrook 10. but to be able to dictate what one chooses to do with his/her body (as long as its not immoral/illegal) as an employer? I am fairly sure that Cam wouldnt have chosen the Panthers had he had the opportunity. The NFL has punished several players for violating the leagues personal conduct policy, some without criminal charges. While I disagree with Richardson on many many things. I removed my piercings, because its frowned upon in my profession. CAVEAT: Richardson is 78 and will not be around to head the team through Cams tenure. One guy I graduated from college learned this lesson the hard way. He doesnt care about Shockeys appearance b/c Shockey isnt on sportscenter on a daily basis wearing a panthers jersey. An NFL owner can tell his employers whatever he wants. Peyton sure makes alot of extra money in endorsements. The man who was the first to hire a first ever owner to hire a black man as a HC, the first to ever hire a Hispanic as a HC and the first ever to hire a female executive? Company policy should apply here as well, in my opinion. And the 29-year-old has an equally impressive tattoo collection to match his amazing hands and electric speed. Iniesta played for Barcelona for 22 years. But he would be smart to play along. He seems like an all around great guy. He hired a latino hc, drafted an african american QB, and steve smith adores him(and he hates everybody). I guess it is a fair assumption you have never heard of the CFL, UFL or Arena Football League. Teams should let players know what they expect form their players, and if the players get tatoos then they should know that their owner frowns on it. Hmmmmm, 3octaveFart says: Problem is, he forgot who it is that was going to be paying his salary. Just for the record, most old people prefer young people to not have any piercings, tattoos, or ridiculous hair. Switch to the dark mode that's kinder on your eyes at night time. (Ive always made sure my tattoos can be covered up when the need arises). Im not saying its right or wrong; thats just how it is. Allen Iverson crapped on all of the hard work of Jordan, Bird and Magic. If Cam is a decent guy who wants to be a franchise QB hed probably just not get tatoos and piercings anyways. McDonalds can tell me pretty much the same thing. I dont want to see a league where guys that have tattoos are only allowed to be on certain teams because the owners deemed tattoos to be bad for business. theres a big difference between an owner of a business and the owner of a sports team that alot of you are not mentioning. I know there are those who will argue the New York Yankees no facial hair rules if one wants to play for the organization. If Newton wants a tat, wait until youre washed up in 4 years. What makes you part of the team is not the draft but the contract that is signed, which most NFL contract do have a morality/ dress code clause look at Plexico Buress and others who violate their teams contracts by doing stupid things. I agree that this is both troubling and disturbing to say the least However, I have noticed that this is yet another example of the new corporate mentality that is being allowed to take over this country. Love the fact that Cam doesnt have any, but it is certainly not up to Mr. Richardson to dictate this. Though the topic was addressed by Tom Sorensen of the Charlotte Observer in April, its worth repeating. Jerry owns the team and can ask his player(s) to have no tattoos. But for every Mike Vick their are even more JaMarcus Russells, Vince Youngs, and Terrelle Pryors. Pittsburgh, New England and New York are thought to have the best onwership and those rules dont exist. They just want the most talented guys. -. (and by the way richardson is right, a mother or father will have a lot tougher time convincing their kids to NOT get tattoos if the local sports hero is covered in them. A player on a team is a product you market with a certain image it wishes to promote and portrayand you want the face of it to be as clean as a whistle. The 5-time Ballon dOr winner is not really interested in tattoos. im not sure why the first reaction to all these stories where the league seeks to impose some sort of standard on its players has to be negative. Jerry Richardson is an A$$. That could be construed to be a health and safety issue, particularly in a contact sport. Besides, every other corporation has a dress code of some kind, it isnt like he would not have faced this perhaps in the work place elsewhere. Kentucky's Republican governor has appointed former NFL player Derrick Ramsey as secretary of the Education and Workforce Development . An NFL owner can tell his employers whatever he wants. While it may seem odd to tell a grown man that he cant wear a tattoo or ear piercing, you could alway tell him hes more than welcome to wear them both for another team. Big Cat Richardson said he was aggressive in FREE AGENCY- Ha, signed NO ONE NEW-ran off Julius Peppers whom Chicago loves and traded for Gregg Olson which is not a free agency signing To dictate what a person can do is ok if you dont sell and make your HUGE PROFITS from Grease filled Bonjangles doublely fried chicken & Hardees Big Fat burgers which is cloggin up arteries in the south causing heart attacks & OBEeSITY- And he basically didnt get crap for his hardass stand in the CBA Cam Newton must be thinkin your players suck and no wonder this team sucks- he is smoke and mirrors- what he gonna say when they go 1-15? We want is not the same as I order or you must. If the Panthers owner feels that a certain outcome will lead to better marketing and sales while also happening to agree with his values then why shouldnt he say he wants that outcome? Only one of the the top two players in franchise history was inked up and down the arm. I find nothing as silly as when people try to compare playing in the NFL to a regular job.. Its a legitimate choice. Or says something stupid. end of story. Richardson: Oh yea, by the way no white girls either Cam. Employers generally dont want people with visible tats/excessive piercings interfacing with customersunfortunately some NFL players are pretty much always interfacing with customers because they are famous. is. I said, Do you have any tattoos? Richardson told Rose. Carolina expects its players to look nice. 10 best NBA players who dont have tattoos. Otherwise I have no issues with tattoos and piercings on players. Cam liked what he heard, Richardson liked what he saw and heard. I wondered how I would have felt if one of my back surgeons showed up in his scrubs with arms full of tattoos and lips, nose, cheeks and ears pierced. Youre right. Personal individuality and freedoms are being taken more and more by corporations that see their workforce as disposable and easily replaceable, hence, they believe they can tell you what to think, who to be, what you do with your body, they monitor what you say on facebook, twitter, and other social media in order to try to stifle personal opinions and thoughts. Ike Diogu 7. The Hip Hop culture cost the NBA a lot of money. He doesnt seem to have any issues with the request so Im not sure its even a problem. The standards are not the same for everybody/everywhere. Other dumb black QBs? I think the owner has the right but I dont see how it helps your team win games. Turning this into a race issue is completely absurd. The kids might like it but adults ie people with money were turned off. A policy has to be written and has to apply uniformly to everyone in similar circumstances. Richardson, who said that Newton was dressed perfectly for their meeting, was blunt. The problem I have with this is that Newton is probably the only player on the panthers that has to abide by these rules. Obviously, it didnt phase Cam who is there to play football. - He said, No, sir. You are the biggest herd of sheep I have ever seen. He is the best deep threat in NFL and has been waiting to be paid accordingly. If he doesnt have any at this age he probably doesnt want them, but its the principle. who careshe can run his business anyway he wantsthere are plenty of workplaces that dont allow tattoos or piercings. Were as free and wild as we were in the 70s, just not as successful as then and the early 80s. thats where again i have issue.

Zoe Yujnovich Shell Salary, Articles N

nfl players without tattoos