royal caribbean icy strait point excursions

{{card.shipName}} of the Seas, We've circled the globe and couldn't find any sailings that match your search. Children as young as 6 years old can ride the zipline, and guests must be between the weight of 75 pounds and 275 pounds to enjoy this adventure. In fact, our captains, naturalists and guides live to love whales, so it pleases them to no end to leave you wide-eyed on whales! The buildings that once was a cannery provided a very nice historical perspective of how it really use to be. If you have questions or comments, let me know below or join me in my Alaska Travel Tips Facebook Community! Yes is does have substantial tourist oriented shopping, and the main attraction the Ziprider. Our tours have been providing exceptional customer service for over a decade now. In Juneau I know of asled dog excursionincluded as part of a helicopter to a glacier type activity which makes it expensive but very good. We didn't do the whale watch so can't help sorry, Icy Strait Point, Hoonah: Hours, Address, Icy Strait Point Reviews: 4/5, Icy Strait Point is one of the most authentic and unspoiled ports in an Alaska cruise itinerary. 25422881. Thanks so much, Elizabeth! From the top of the mountain, it's just a short walk (400 meters) through a pristine stand of old-growth rainforest to the ZipRider tower. Yes! Expand Your Vacation. We recommend layers of clothing, which are easy to don and easy to remove. Given how many cruise companies offer a number of interesting and unique shore excursions in Icy Strait Point, it was hard to choose which ones to recommend. Royal Caribbean International; Celebrity Cruises; Silversea; CAPTAIN'S CLUB. With a concentration in cruising. Sitting 1330' above Icy Strait Point, you will descend just over a mile and travel at speeds in excess of 60 mph while soaring 300' above the tree-tops below. - More time on the water! For guests with mobility concerns, the following information will help you decide if you will be able to join our tours. Most meals spotlight local fish or caribou, and Dungeness crab when its in season. Another popular shore excursion in Icy Strait Point is to search for brown bears on Spasski River. Be sure not to miss ShoreTrips' whale watching shore excursions, many of which include bear searching! Youll be provided with binoculars and other gear you might need. Read more in my Privacy Policy. Take in the beautiful Alaskan scenery and bring your camera to snap some photos of . An Alaskan, family owned small business, inspired by nature. Not only that, our sturdy fleet of boats in conjunction with our experienced captains at the helm, and guides at the wheel of the vans, are more than capable of coping with the conditions. Multiple families may join the same tour as long as adequate space is available and the maximum is not exceeded. Most meals spotlight local fish or caribou, and Dungeness crab when its in season. Icy Strait Point is owned by the Hoonah Tlingit tribe, so this is a chance to learn about the culture and lifestyle of the locals who are hosting you on their land. This Icy Strait Point excursion is a good value and widely offered, which is why it ranks so highly on my list for 2023 Alaska cruises. Skip the hassle of a rental car and admire views during the bus journey to the glacier. Travel just 1.5 miles through the picturesque landscape of Hoonah, Alaska. See the "real" Alaska on this nature tour that takes you up close to bears, eagles and other fascinating wildlife. Learn about the area's other wildlife from your informative guide and about the native Tlingit population. If you could share your itinerary, times in port and what you are interested in for each stop that mayprompt more responses. I am going on Quantum of the Seas out of Seattle in May 2022 to Alaska and BC. Whether you are looking for a scenic kayaking, adventurous or eating and drinking shore excursion, there's no better site to book your shore tour with than Shore Excursions Group. The area near Icy Strait Point, with its proximity to Point Adolphus and Glacier Bay, is home to one of the largest summer populations of humpback whales found in Alaska and the whale watching is second to none. Can multiple families book a tour and be together? My blog posts likely contain affiliate links, including for the Amazon Associates program.If you click, book, or buy from one of these links, I may earn a commission. Alaska's not the only ultimate destination on the eastern Pacific. I'm a newbie to Cruise Critic. Only Seabourn offers this one. What to expect when you get there - Amy will meet up with you at your pre-arranged meeting point (we were off a cruise ship, so Icy Straight Point excursion hub for us). I can't comment on that since we did not choose it for our ziplining experience. If youre struggling to choose between Icy Strait Point shore excursions, Im here to help. We are so excited about it and are beginni. In this post, I promote travel to a national park that is the Lingt Aan (traditional lands) of the Huna (Hoonah) Tlingit people. OHIO. If your ship is docking at the Adventure Dock, after exiting your cruise ship, disembark and proceed up the ramp to the Icy Strait Point Adventure Center. Come experience the birds and nature of Chichagof Island, near Icy Strait Point! After a short bus ride to the Spasski River Valley, you'll take a guided tour along a boardwalk and gravel path into a habitat that Alaskan brown bears are known to frequent. Description (Courtesy of IMDb ): "After surviving the destruction of Isla Nubla, Owen Grady and Claire Dearing took in young Maisie Lockwood. (Look for them holding a Hoonah Travel Adventures sign.) Please send an email to [emailprotected] letting us know which tours you would like to cancel as we must have all cancelation and change requests in writing. We want your port call in Hoonah, and our Icy Strait Point excursions, to be the highlight of your Alaskan cruise. The trail is a moderate 2-mile hike that includes panoramic views of Chichagof Island and the surrounding waterways. Enjoy a fun small-group experience on this Icy Strait whale watching tour, limited to 18 passengers per tour. If you are looking for a one-of-a-kind experience, then the ZipRider is for you. This area is known as 'Bear Island' because it has the highest concentration of brown bears per square mile in the world. Want to know more? We booked "Glacier Winds" for the Whale watching on a small (6 person) boat in Icy Point for our 2020 trip. See the amazing humpback whales that call the waters of Icy Strait Point their home. 1. Look for jewellery made from fine gold nuggets, handcrafted objects and warm winter fashions. From their connection to nature to their tribal dance, the spirit of their people is something to behold. It can get chilly and rainy in our temperate rain forest, although summertime often sees our coastal city enjoy mild temperatures. Be ready to paddle about 7 miles total. Icy Strait Point was a nice place to spend a few hours. This Alaskan cruise port town has so much to offer. Notes: Guests must be able to walk without assistance. Everything was close together and easy. Don't miss our unique shopping center, a free museum, walking trails, etc. I loved this port for that very reason. This is your chance to see brown bears, Sitka black tail deer and other wildlife up close in the natural scenic beauty of the last frontier. Be sure to take in the views of Port Frederick and Icy Strait on your way down. 1-888-751-7804 . Not a hard slog by any means, but the dampness and persistent rain made it less enjoyable than hoped. The bicycle is designed specifically for rugged terrain, so you can maximize the experience with the least amount of effort. Here is my my last stop in ISP, September 2018: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/9160-not-so-live-blog-radiance-of-the-seas-alaska-southbound-83118/&do=findComment&comment=83835. We want to share the breathtaking sights, the wildlife, and the amazing people of Hoonah Alaska with you. Your email address will not be published. Posted November 23, 2021. These ports are where you can experience the real Alaska if you know which excursions to choose, that is. This is the most popular year in Alaska ever, so it doesnt surprise me that things are sold out. Our Local Guides Provide an Intimate and Authentic Experience. A convenient meeting time and place. If you are interested in a less tourist like experience, you might like this. We just rode the Dragon's Breath zipline in November so we aren't leaning towards the zipline. Brave the ZipRider, the worlds longest zip line, and enjoy amazing views of the forest as you race from a mountain peak at 60 miles per hour. But young toddlers have to just walk and look around. Icy Strait Point features the world's largest ZipRider, with six 5,330 ziplines dropping 1330. . Posted December 26, 2021. family just booked Alaskan cruise Quantum May 30, 2022 going to Icy Strait Point, Skagway, Endicott Arm & Dawes, Juneau, Victoria BC. This is truly an experience for the books, and cameras. We shape and time all of our tours and excursions around the cruise ships schedules relieving you of any stress before you dock into port. Given name Sarah, but also answers to Prof. Cruise. Your personal view of the whales is not repaced with drones; just supplemented! . Thanks for the info and the pics, very nice. We only have 4 port days! " + cards[0]['totalGroups'] + " Itineraries" : "" }}. Icy Strait Point offers some of the best opportunities for whale watching on your Alaskan cruise, so don't miss the Whale & Marine Mammals Cruise here! The zipline is safe, and very fast and exhilarating! Icy Strait Point is home to a restored 1912 Alaska salmon cannery and museum. Departs From Icy Strait Point is the only private cruise ship destination in Alaska; we offer over 20 different shore excursions including ATVs, biking, kayaking, nature tours, the best whale watching in Alaska and the world's largest and highest zipline ride. {{card.portName}}, Onboard Take in the views on the bus ride to the top, then race to the bottom on the zip line at speeds up to 60 miles per hour, 300 feet above the forest! If on a boat tour you will have to walk approx 100 yards from the van to the boat. Generally speaking, Carnival will be the least expensive and Disney will be the most expensive, with Royal Caribbean and Norwegian at the lower end and Princess, Holland America, Celebrity, and Cunard at the upper end. 5 Juneau, Alaska 99801. Required fields are marked *. On this excursion, youll sample some of the food Alaskans love to enjoy, learn from a local chef about how to filet and prepare fresh Alaskan seafood, and then try your hand at preparing some for yourself. The ticket agent for the sky glider was the one that advised us about the hike. Will definitely take rain gear. Read on for the best Icy Strait Point excursions for your upcoming Alaska cruise. The full cancellation policy can be found here. Who Offers This Icy Strait Point Shore Excursion? On this visitI did a whale watching excursion. You cannot paste images directly. Hire a local guide to take you whale watching, fishing, or kayaking. Continue on from the post above for some pictures from it and more in the area. That said, its not exactly unique to encounter these kinds of excursions, so it doesnt rank particularly high on my personal list of the best Icy Strait Point cruise excursions. Embrace the rich culture of the Tlingit while on one of their canoe tours. Stream Fishing 6. Relax and spend a few hours away from the crowds while on this fishing expedition. This is a 90-minute excursion that includes an obstacle course dubbed the Adventure Park, made up of a log bridge, climbing planks, fishermens net, and more. Who Offers This Shore Excursion in Icy Strait Point? Your email address will not be published. Depending on the season, catch the bears coming out of hibernation and looking for food; or later on in the season when the bears are mating and eating grasses on the tidal flats. All tours offered on the day you are in port work with your ship schedule. $605. Do you offer any discounts or promotions? And don't forget the fishing. Icy Strait Point is home to the world's largest zipline, the ZipRider. We are on the same sailing and I checked the port loads for each stop. @alaskatravel, Small cruise ship stop with good scenery but limited and expensive activities. What do you think? Our Icy Strait Point shore excursions are run by local guides who are eager to show you the real Alaskan Wilderness. She'll load your group up into her van and pass out some binoculars and you'll be off. Along the way, most guides stop to take you on short hikes for even better views. Which of these Icy Strait Point excursions will you book? Have you seen my other Alaska cruise resources? Favorites. Instead, use your day in port at Ice Strait Point or Hoonah to experience the unique slice of Alaskan life you can only find in this native-owned and operated purpose-built cruise port. Date of experience: September 2017. If youve read any of my other lists of cruise excursions, you know that getting active is one of my personal travel priorities. All rights reserved. Journey from Icy Strait Point into the wilds of Chichagof Island as you explore the Spasski River Valley in search of local wildlife. Icy Strait Point Excursions and Tours Located in southeast Alaska and along the coast, Icy Strait Point gives you a peek inside the beautiful and diverse Alaskan wildlife. If your ship is docking at the Wilderness Dock, you will disembark and walk up to the Gondola. We were left doubting her sincerity and actually had the best interaction with the armed woman, accompanying us for protection, who lives in Hoonah. Discover Alaska's Wildest Kitchen, a hands-on tasting session like no other and hosted by an Alaskan master wilderness chef. A 5 out of 5 score represents top of the line luxury. If you have questions about tours prior to booking, please email [emailprotected]. Least Favorite Port but Still Pretty Cool, Rainy and cold the day we visited, which changed our excursion plans from kayaking to walking from port to town. Opened a decade ago by the Huna Tlingit Native Alaskans, its easily one of the best spots in the region for fishing and whale watching. I lived for 15 years in Alaska, as well as four years each in California and Washington. That's about it for things to do except for the very awesome gondola to the top of the mountain and the zipline down. I agree that the activities are for older children. This whale watching tour is personalized, as it takes out a maximum of 14 guests at a time. Duration: 1.5 hours Price: $280 per person View Details Im glad youre happy with it! You will then get to see how the birds, fish, mammals, plants, forests, rivers, and climate all weave together to create this lush, vibrant ecosystem! Opened a decade ago by the Huna Tlingit Native Alaskans, it's easily one of the best spots in the region for fishing and whale watching. Combo assemblies on tower 5. Included with the all-day gondola pass is a visit to a traditional ceremonial hall to see a Tribal Dance, hosted by the family of Johan Hinchman. IMO your best bet is to hike the short nature trails and take the cable car up the mountain for more hiking and scenic views. Things To Do In Hoonah / Icy Strait. The gondola is fairly new (expensive investment) but the ride only lasted for about 5 minutes. At ShoreTrips we are committed to enhancing your shore excursions with small, creative and personal day tours and adventures. Guests must be able to walk over paved, gravel, and packed dirt surfaces, with inclines. The best tours in Icy Strait Point are: I try to include a food tour in every one of the posts in this series; I believe food is one of the best ways to experience the culture of a place including Alaska. Icy Strait Point is one tiny port that's big on Alaskan wilderness and Native culture. You will have to walk up and/or down a potentially steep ramp depending on the tide to access the floats where the boat will be. Long time listener and I know this has been covered a million times, just not so much recently. Sorry to hear that, John. On arrival at the Hoonah Harbor, it's All aboard! and youre off for the waters of Icy Straits and the ultimate whale watching experience. Dive into Native Alaska culture at a tribal dance show or pay a visit to Hoonah, Alaska's largest Tlingit village. On this 2- to 3-hour excursion, youll board a helicopter, cruise up to the top of the mountain, unload your bikes, and ride back down. With over 30 exciting tours, a restored 1912 salmon cannery and museum, nature trails, and even a beach! Disney, Holland America, Oceania, Princess, Regent, Royal Caribbean, and Seabourn. Any Royal Caribbean excursions (as opposed to private) you could highly recommend would be greatly appreciated. Zip-lining is so in right now! Icy Strait Point is Alaska Native owned-and-operated, with all profits directly supporting the community of Hoonah, Alaskas largest Native Tlingit village. Icy Strait Point (Hoonah) - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go, Hotels near Dei L'e.aan (lisa's Art Store), Hotels near Alaska Luxury Tours - Icy Strait Point / Hoonah, Hotels near Excursion Inlet Seaplane Base Airport (EXI), Motels near Excursion Inlet Seaplane Base Airport (EXI), Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks in Hoonah, Icy Strait Point - Whale & Marine Mammals Cruise, Tribal Dance & Cultural Legends at Icy Strait Point, Mount Sinai Climb and St Catherine Tour from Sharm El Sheikh, Fire in the Valley- Carnegie Steel and the Town That Built America, Bohol Taug Whale Shark Watching and Snorkeling, Private Two Hour Yacht Charter in Tampa Bay, Half Day Blue Cave and Snorkeling Tour from Dubrovnik Old Town, Hvar (Hvar island) & Bol (Bra island) - Day Trip from Makarska - Every Tuesday. View All Results. After a short bus ride to the Spasski River Valley, youll take a guided tour along a boardwalk and gravel path into a habitat that Alaskan brown bears are known to frequent. Royal Caribbean Group. Just don't forget to bring your cameras, binoculars, and waterproof apparel! Keep your eyes open for wildlife and breathtaking scenery on this adventure. Can you help. The full cancellation policy can be found here. View All Alaska Cruise Lines; . One of the most exciting prospects when booking an Alaska cruise is choosing your Alaska cruise excursions in each port. Join us for the best show in town, a 3-hour whale watching excursion (includes transportation time and approx 2.5 hours on the water) which begins when you board the bus that departs from the Icy Strait Point Excursion Hub, just a short 5-minute walk from your cruise ship. But I feel confident that this list is both impartial but also informed by my expert advice. Drive old logging roads to a picnic spot. We had our two grandsons with us, ages 10 & 12. They had a blast doing things there. In addition to your wildlife search, depart directly from Icy Strait Point on your safe, stable, covered, and comfortable whale-watching vessel and travel through the bountiful waters of Icy Strait to the renowned Point Adolphus area, home to Alaska's largest summer population of humpback whales. This is not a mass-market big bus tour. If you want to venture over to the wild side, go on a guided nature hike through nearby rainforests or hop into an ATV and explore the backroads of Chichagof Island. Very small place with lovely scenery but limited activities. On May 18th we came into port at Icy Strait Point in Hoonah, Alaska. Once inside the Adventure Center, walk through the building and exit through door number 2 this is clearly marked. Enjoy the serenity that can only be had while quietly gliding across the waters near Icy Strait Point enjoying the beautiful Alaskan scenery.

Los Angeles Street Sweeping Schedule 2022, Robert Stack Child Kidnapped, Apple Family Sharing Not Working, Bryan Brucks 831 Entertainment, Florida Mma Referee, Articles R

royal caribbean icy strait point excursions