scotland to ireland ferry

Ferry to Ireland from Scotland - FerryGoGo - FerryGoGo.com The routes of the Landbridge at a glance: [Routen UK] Holyhead - Dublin Both Irish Ferries and Stena Line offer a connection from Holyhead in North Wales to Dublin. Two ferry lines link Scotland with Northern Ireland: P&O's Cairnryan-Larne Ferry and Stena Line's Cairnryan-Belfast Ferry. Carry on browsing if you're happy with this, or find out how to change your setting in our privacy policy. Day 5: Wicklow Mountains. Rome2rio's Travel Guide series provide vital information for the global traveller. Here are our top tips for finding and booking a cheap ferry to Ireland: Book your ferry to Ireland today with Ferrysavers and save money! Ryanair UK, Aer Lingus and Ryanair offer flights from Edinburgh Airport to Dublin Airport. There are 27+ hotels available in Ireland. The best way to get from Scotland to Edinburgh Airport is to tram which takes 32 min and costs 1-7. To make a website like FerryGoGo.com possible, we work with affiliate fees. Travel in style on the biggest, most luxurious ferries ever to sail between Northern Ireland and Scotland,Stena Superfast VIIandStena Superfast On Time - to help you get the most out of your next trip. About | Contact | Disclaimer| Privacy & Cookies, If you want to travel to Ireland from Scotland, you can do so by ferry. In England, Scotland and Wales, the . Latest rise in UK Covid-19 infections may be slowing With so many great reasons to take one of our ferries to Ireland, why travel any other way? The cheapest ferry to Ireland with Direct Ferries last month was 35, from Holyhead to Dublin. What fees, dues and charges apply and when? Scotland to Ireland - 7 ways to travel via train, bus and ferry, bus Do you provide special fares for group bookings? Do I need a printed copy of my ticket to travel? Enter the email address associated with your account, and we will email you a link to reset your password, By clicking "Save and continue" you are confirming that you accept our How will my motorbike be secured onboard? Travel by ferry to Belfast and explore Northern Ireland and beyond. Breathe in the crisp sea air and catch beautiful sea views from our outside deck seating. Find all the transport options for your trip from Scotland to Ireland right here. Can I stay in my vehicle during the crossing? Ferry to Cairnryan and Belfast Travel in style on the biggest, most luxurious ferries ever to sail between Scotland and Northern Ireland, Stena Superfast VII and Stena Superfast. Travelling by ferry to Ireland from England and Scotland has never been easier or more comfortable! A three-day electric road trip! For contact details visit our. Ferry from Netherlands to Norway wont sail today, TT-Line adds Karlshamn to its route network. There are 2 ferry routes operating between Scotland and Northern Ireland offering you combined total of 12 sailings per day. It takes approximately 9h 16m to get from Scotland to Ireland, including transfers. Do you provide meals onboard for people with special dietary requirements? We're working around the clock to bring you the latest COVID-19 travel updates.This information is compiled from official sources. This itinerary begins in Ireland and ends in Scotland, where you can choose to fly home from, or simply fly back to Ireland for a round trip ticket. PM urged to extend EU market access for Northern Ireland to Scotland Ferry to Ireland - take the ferry to Ireland from the UK. British-American-owned cruise line P&O Ferries (poferries.com) operates two routes from Scotland to Larne in Northern Ireland. On our ferry map below, you can see where the crossings to Ireland from Scotland are. With no baggage charges why not pack up the car and take a ferry to Cairnryan or Belfast and enjoy a car-cation with Stena Line? There are no direct ferries from Scotland to Ireland. The journey, including transfers, takes approximately 9h 16m. Is there a Bureau de Change facility onboard? Fire breaks out on passenger ferry in the Channel If you want to experience a great overview of the country, you can do my full Scotland Itinerary. Book a Ferry to Ireland - Travelling with a Caravan, Motorhome, or Motorbike? Departed. Yes, entry into Ireland is currently allowed from United Kingdom. Is there a Bureau de Change facility onboard? Ferries From Northern Ireland to Scotland | USA Today Whatever your palate desires, there is a multitude of restaurants and cafs to satisfy your tastebuds. With no baggage charges why not pack up the car and take a ferry to Belfast or Cairnryan and enjoy a car-cation with Stena Line? Rome2rio also offers online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and straightforward. There are 2 ferry routes operating between Scotland and Northern Ireland offering you combined total of 12 sailings per day. The world is your oyster when you get the ferry to Northern Ireland with us, so book your next trip today. You'll never receive marketing from anyone but us and you can opt out of receiving this information at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any of our emails. The Aviva Stadium is a sports stadium located in Dublin, Ireland, with a capacity for 51,700 spectators (all seated). Can I stay in my vehicle during the crossing? ', 'Should I book online before I travel? Our Dublin-bound ferries are designed for those travelling with their car, motorhome or caravan if youd like to get to Ireland by foot, or with your pet, why not have a look at our ferries to Larne? An easy way to find a good price is by filling in the fields below: The prices for the ferries rise sharply as the boats fill up. See all trip ideas Getting around Driving in IrelandPublic transport If you travel from Glasgow to Islay by Car it will take around three hours to get to Kennacraig. There are plenty of cheap flights from Ireland to Scotland and from Scotland to Ireland. Ferries from Scotland to Northern Ireland - Direct Ferries Where can I find directions to the terminal? While both destinations are amazing and beautiful with so much to offer, and I always try to help them make the right choice for their needs, I dont think this has to be an either-or choice. Do you provide a late check-out option on your ferries? Delayed What is the Business Traveller programme? Ferries from Northern Ireland to Scotland. P&O Irish Sea operates 1 routes, Cairnryan to Larne which runs 7 times daily. Visit our customer service page to find useful information on travelling by ferry, our FAQs, and how to contact us for help with your booking. There are so many exciting attractions just waiting to be discovered in Northern Irelandthat your trip is sure to be one full of magical outdoor adventures and exciting cultural discoveries. This website uses cookies to help us process your bookings as well as customise and improve your experience. Do you have electric vehicle recharge facilities onboard? Do you have questions or need help with your booking? Book online for the lowest fares. How can I check if my sailing is on time? Islay Ferry - The Complete Guide on Ferry Travel to Islay By signing up here, you consent to this service. Visit our customer service page to find useful information on travelling by ferry, our FAQs, and how to contact us for help with your booking. Please reset your password to sign in. Do you provide a late check-out option on your ferries? Visit Galloway Forest Park, mountain bike the 7stanes, explore Threave Castle or take a trip to the lovely seaside town of Ayr. Others choose P&O Ferries to Ireland for our unlimited luggage policy, or the freedom to bring a caravan or motorhome along for the journey. What are the call costs for using my mobile phone onboard? Now that youre hopefully feeling well-rested and not too jet-lagged, its time to explore the capital of the Republic of Ireland. How do I book if I don't know the vehicle registration? What identification documents do I need to travel? No, there is no direct bus from Scotland to Ireland. Ferry to Ireland | Travel with Stena Line Popular Ferry Operators for Ireland Stena Line 13 Sailings Daily 3 hr 30 min Irish Ferries 7 Sailings Daily 4 hr 1 min P&O Irish Sea 8 Sailings Daily 4 hr 45 min Brittany Ferries 6 Sailings Weekly 18 hr 14 min Latest offers for Ireland View all Special Offers Offers and Promotions Be the first to hear about the best ferry offers Our convenient map shows you at a glance where the various ports are located, as well as exact ferry routes. Learn the history of Guinness before enjoying a pint in the Gravity Bar which has a 360 view of the city. Extensive signage on all main roads leading to the port give clear directions. Travel by ferry to Cairnryan and Glasgow is less than 2 hours away by car, rail or bus and Edinburgh is reachable in 3.5 hours. Im giving you a detailed day-by-day itinerary for Scotland and Ireland. The ferry is currently off the coast of northern France as emergency services scramble to get passengers and crew off the ferry. Please click the link in it to confirm your subscription. Travel to Ireland with Stena Line on ferry sailings available from England, Scotland, Wales and France. Trinity College (Irish: Coliste na Tronide), officially the College of the Holy and Undivided Trinity of Queen Elizabeth near Dublin, is the sole constituent college of the University of Dublin, a research university in Ireland. In the 'Barista' bar, where I chose to work in order to use mains laptop power, inescapable rolling TV news and tiresome game shows blasted forth at high volume. There are 11 ways to get from Ireland to Scotland by bus, bus and ferry, train, car, car ferry or plane Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner. The direct route to the continent is no longer available, but there are numerous routes from Northern England to use instead. If you want to go to Ireland, it might be a bit better with the crossing from Cairnryan to Larne than with the ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast. Which shipping companies operate between Scotland and Ireland? Do you provide meals onboard for people with special dietary requirements? Do I have to wear a face mask on public transport in Ireland? Book a ferry with the P&O Cairnryan to Larne route today! Go shopping, grab a bite to eat, take in a free movie, experience the Pure Nordic Spa, or just sit back and relax. Boarding was swift (customs persons made a brief inspection of the inside of our van). Theres certainly no need to worry about cramped leg room, with the freedom to stroll around the ship and visit our bars, or even indulge in some retail therapy in our World Duty Free store while you sail on one of our Irish Sea ferries. Scotland Wales Northern Ireland Politics Conservatives Brexit Labour Lib Dems SNP US politics World USA Europe . What is the cheapest ferry from Scotland to Ireland? Ferries from Scotland to Northern Ireland - Direct Ferries With two hot meals completely free of charge and a cosy cabin for evening ferries, well make sure your trip to Dublin from Liverpoolis relaxed and comfortable not to mention great value. Loch Ryan Port, Cairnryan is located in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland and from here you have a choice of up to 6 daily sailings to Belfast. Stena Line operates 1 routes, Belfast to Cairnryan which runs 5 times daily. Our ferries to Ireland are a perfect way to travel if youre planning on a mobile holiday you can bring your caravan or motorhome along for the journey. What are Stena Line's vehicle categories? Reserve a ferry from Scotland to Northern Ireland today to begin your next adventure on the road with a P&O ferry. Most flights will take you into Edinburgh where you can either rent a car or spend a few days in the city then do some tours in the highlands. What is the Business Traveller programme? What are the travel restrictions in Ireland? That is a rate in high season. Domestic travel is not restricted, but some conditions may apply. I often get asked by my readers which trip they should take, Ireland or Scotland? Travel in style on the biggest, most luxurious ferries ever to sail between Scotland and Northern Ireland,Stena Superfast VIIandStena Superfast On Time Getting in by ferry is simple with crossings on offer from England, Isle of Man and Scotland. How do I register for the Extra loyalty programme? If you registered before September 2020 and are logging in for the first time, please sign in with your email address and new password and we will send an activation link to your registered email address. Want to know more? Scotland is a vibrant, exciting country, with a wide range of cultures and an extraordinarily rich heritage. A trip for two people with a car in high season can be from around 113. Travel in style on the biggest, most luxurious ferries ever to sail between Scotland and Northern Ireland,Stena Superfast VIIandStena Superfast VIII. Visit Blarney Castle and kiss the Blarney Stone which will bestow you the gift of the gab it might be useful! Especially since flights between Scotland and Ireland are so cheap! Our onboard Food Court offers a wide range of cuisines from around the world, from fish and chips to curry. Terms and Conditions & Privacy Policy, If there is a P&O account linked to this email address, we'll send over a link to reset your password, Enter the email address associated with your account, and we will email you your booking reference, If there is a P&O account linked to this email address, we'll send over your booking reference. These can include up to half price offers. Disappointed with late departure and subsequent late arrival, other than that happy with service. Learn how to find cheap flights to and from Ireland and Scotland by reading myguide to flying for cheap or nearly free here. Before booking your ferry to Northern Irelandyou should also read up on our different ticket types so you can ensure that your trip is tailored to your particular budget and needs. Pets cannot be booked with your selected vehicle, Please specify all requested vehicle details, Please enter an age for each child under 18. AFerry Within easy reach of Cairnryan, there are a number of hotels, guest houses, B&Bs as well as shops, cafes, restaurants and petrol stations. Plus, you'll also enjoy FREE WiFi onboard when you travel on our Cairnryan to Larne route. If you do decide to rent a car in one country and leave it in the other, it will cost you at least $1500 USD ($500 for a cross border fee and $500 for a one-way rental fee). From eating and drinking, to relaxing in Club Lounge and shopping in our World Duty Free store, youll find lots of things to do to keep you occupied during your crossing to Northern Ireland. Travel from United Kingdom to Ireland is: Rome2rio uses cookies to help personalize content and show you personalised ads. You wont leave your ferry to Ireland feeling hungry we offer two hot meals completely free of charge. Join today and get the latest news and deals straight to your inbox. Travel to Ireland | Ireland.com See our cookie policy. Travel in style and comfort from the UK to Ireland. Ferries from Scotland to Northern Ireland with directferries.ie The cheapest prices are typically during off peak times and low . Do you have questions or need help with your booking? Can I check my luggage in for the sailing? You need to enable JavaScript to run this app. Dont miss these stops in Dublin: Take an entire day to explore the west of Ireland. Travel to Scotland from Ireland by Flight & Ferry | VisitScotland Whilst having a reputation for violence and sectarian conflict, it is nonetheless a fascinating province with much to offer in the way of beautiful scenery and cosmopolitan cities. Now, thats a memory! Its 11km perimeter wall encloses 707ha; it is one of the largest enclosed recreational spaces within any European capital city. Take in the majestic Harland and Wolff cranes known as Samson and Goliath where the Titanic ship . Northern Ireland continually presents the visitor with a full program of entertainment and special events. Services of a Maple Leaf Tour Director. Open tickets are valid for up to 12 months from booking date (see ticket conditions). Ferries to Scotland Scotland is the northernmost of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, sharing a 60 mile long land border with England to the south and separated from Northern Ireland by the North Channel of the Irish Sea. What are Stena Line's vehicle categories? Visit Inverness and try and find the Loch Ness Monster! Ferries from Scotland to Northern Ireland, DirectFerries.co.uk - the one stop ferry shop , a brand of Direct Ferries Ltd - all rights reserved. The short hop from Scotland is regular, year round and offered by a number of ferry operators. What facilities do you have on your ferries? Packed with quirky shops, cafes, and traditional bars, this area is a must-see for all visitors. What happens if my sailing is delayed or cancelled? Using our site means you agree to the use of cookies and similar technologies. How can I make a booking using a Tesco Clubcard Partner code? The college was founded in 1592 as the "mother" of a new university, modelled after the collegiate universities of Oxford and Cambridge, but, unlike these other ancient universities, only one college was ever established; as such, the designations "Trinity College" and "University of Dublin" are usually synonymous for practical purposes. SINGLE $8,399. How can I check if my sailing is on time? Theres nothing quite like exploring a new country on two wheels, so why not bring your bikewith you too the perfect way to navigate around a city or the countryside. Dublin Zoo (Irish: Z Bhaile tha Cliath), in Phoenix Park, Dublin, is the largest zoo in Ireland, and one of Dublin's most popular attractions. Can I bring a bicycle on my rail and sail journey? What is the cheapest ferry to Ireland? With brilliant Irish Sea views and the relaxed setting of our bars and cafes, many passengers choose our ferries to Ireland simply to stretch their legs and not worry about having no leg room! As the frequency and duration of crossings on some routes varies we would advise that you do a live search for crossings from Scotland to Northern Ireland to get the most up to date information. What identification documents do I need to travel? You can even let us do all the hard work by signing up for email alerts to get all our latest offers sent directly to your inbox on our ferries to Ireland from Scotland. The national COVID-19 helpline number in Ireland is 1850 24 1850. Its rugged beauty and history combined with its rugged island charm is sure to win your heart! Keep yourself awake until a reasonable hour (between 8 pm and 11 pm) and wake up early the next morning. The return time must be after the outbound time, Compare ferry companies and routes with Ferrysavers for the best deals. Check out the countrys most iconic castle, Dublin Castle, learn about 20th-century Dublin at the Little Museum of Dublin and take in the breathtaking views of Dublin Bay. Cairnryan-Larne is with 2 hours sailing time also fifteen minutes faster than the ferry to Belfast. There's a choice of standard and high-speed ferries on the Stranraer and Cairnryan routes, high . What makes Scotland such a hugely popular tourist destination is the sheer range of attractions and activities packed into such a small and accessible country. Are there conference facilities available onboard? If youre looking to explore the great outdoors then look no further than County Antrim, home to the famous Causeway Coast, known for being one of the best road trip spots in the world, which makes a trip with one of our ferries from Scotland to Ireland all the more convenient. Scheduled Car, Passenger and Freight Ferries between Northern Ireland and Scotland are run by Stena Line and P&O Irish Sea ferries. Travel by ferry to Cairnryan and Glasgow is less than 2 hours away by car, rail or bus and Edinburgh is reachable in 3.5 hours. Pack up your car and take a car-cation to Northern Ireland a place steeped in history, culture and so much more. Travel in style on the biggest, most luxurious ferries ever to sail between Northern Ireland and Scotland,Stena Superfast VIIandStena Superfast VIII. Phoenix Park (Irish: Pirc an Fhionnuisce) is an urban park in Dublin, Ireland, lying 24km west of the city centre, north of the River Liffey. Glasgow is under 2 hours from Cairnryan where you can enjoy all that this great city has to offer. This amazing tour explores the Cliffs of Moher, the Burren, and Killarney National Park, with an overnight stay in Dingle. Are there public transport links to the port? How can I check if my sailing is on time? Cheap Ferries From Scotland to Ireland | USA Today The distance between Scotland and Ireland is 501 km. For literary lovers, why not pop into Trinity College Dublin, and see the famous Book of Kells Exhibition. Can I carry extra fuel in my car or motorhome? Rome2rio makes travelling from Scotland to Ireland easy. Stena Line operates 1 routes, Cairnryan to Belfast which runs 5 times daily. Take in the sights of two great cities - Belfast and Derry ~ Londonderry, explore the many world-class visitor attractions including Titanic Belfast and the Giant's Causeway on the North Coast, have a pint in some of the coolest pubs and a meal in a choice of many great restaurants. Whether using organised tours or exploring at your own pace, you can revel in the lively, cosmopolitan entertainment of the towns and cities, enjoy the wealth of artistic and cultural activities running throughout the year, sample some of the best cuisine in the world, explore the country's dramatic and colourful history and natural heritage, spectate from the sidelines or take a more active role in a wide variety of sporting pursuits. However, there are services departing from Glasgow Buchanan and arriving at Dublin City South, Sussex Road via Belfast, Glengall Street and Dublin Airport. Why not grab a pint or a nice cup of tea and watch the waves roll by from our onboard bar? Typically 21 services run weekly, although weekend and holiday schedules can vary so check in advance. Belfast Port (VT2) is conveniently located close to the motorway network off Junction 1 of the M2 motorway (Fortwilliam roundabout) making is easy to get to and from all parts of Ireland. Be sure not to miss these: Spend two days in beautiful Northern Ireland! Stena Line operates 1 routes, Cairnryan to Belfast which runs 5 times daily. Make yourself known to an official member of staff and/or call the national coronavirus helpline number on 1850 24 1850. A country packed with history and legends. Please reset your password to sign in. The decision to redevelop the stadium came after plans for both Stadium Ireland and Eircom Park fell through. Ferry to Cairnryan and Belfast | Stena Line What facilities do you provide in cabins? Pack up your car and take a car-cation to Northern Ireland a place steeped in history, culture and so much more. ', 'Do the trains and buses have Wifi?' Ferry to Ireland | Travel with Stena Line Driving to the Isle of Skye can be a little scary if you dont know what to expect. Whether you decide to drive to the Isle of Skye on your own or take a tour, dont miss these sites: On the last day of your Scotland and Ireland vacation, travel back to Edinburgh and either fly home from there or fly back to Dublin to fly home. Get our newsletter and never miss a ferry deal! Or if youre feeling really brave, why not venture across the Carrick-A-Rede rope bridge, spanning 30 metres above the rocks below which is not for the faint-hearted! There are 2 ferry routes operating between Scotland and Northern Ireland offering you combined total of 12 sailings per day. Are cabins mandatory on overnight sailings? SCOTLAND to NORTHERN IRELAND ferries - NetFerry Train to Glasgow, fly to Belfast (Aldergrove), train, Holiday Inn Express Dublin City Centre, an IHG Hotel, Scotland to St Helens Central Station Great Central Railway, Scotland to Kings Cross Greater London England, Entry is unrestricted for citizens and permanent residents of United Kingdom. Ireland could literally take you years to explore! Are there toll roads I need to be aware of close to the ports? Ferry to Iceland . Cairnryan is a small village with a shop and a couple of B&Bs. If you go to Ireland and Scotland during these times youll avoid the crowds, but still be able to enjoy nicer weather than in the winter. Take the ferry & discover Northern Ireland. NorthLink Ferries operate nightly car ferries from Aberdeen in the north east to Lerwick in Shetland, with stops en route on alternative days at Orkney's main port, Kirkwall. Larne is about 25 minutes north of Belfast, and you can reach . What should I do if I have COVID-19 symptoms when I arrive in Ireland? If youre interested in a longer, more detailed trip to Ireland, you can check out my full Ireland Itinerary. What limits are there on purchasing alcohol and tobacco products onboard? Where can I find directions to the terminal? Dublin to Scotland by bus and bus and ferry The journey time between Dublin and Scotland is around 9h 45m and covers a distance of around 268 miles. Leave behind the hustle and bustle of Dublin, travel further afield and discover the green fields of Ireland that stretch for miles. Do you want to go on board with a car and, for example, 2 people? Whatever speed you like to enjoy life at, take a trip to Northern Ireland and you'll not be short of things to do. At the heart of Northern Ireland lies the idea of unspoilt naturalness, which encompasses a beautiful landscape, quality local produce where people are spontaneous in their humour, genuine, hospitable, welcoming, and not tourist weary. Brexit: Why four PMs have accepted the Irish Sea border Exceptions may apply, for full details: European Union. This includes an average layover time of around 1h. Discover the bustling cosmopolitan cities of Dublin and Galway and learn about some of literary and musics most influential characters, whilst enjoying the famous warm Irish hospitality. Also don't forget to take in the beauty of the open Irish Sea with the added bonus of seeing some wild life one our routes from the UK to Ireland! How do I book multiple vehicles on one booking? You have been added to the mailing list. Rumour has it, Guinness tastes even better on Irish soil, and how about going one step further and enjoying a pint with your own selfie printed on top of the head? Enjoy a trip to Ireland From 129 single, car & driver Find trip Port Locations Belfast Port (to Cairnryan) Belfast Port (to Liverpool) Dublin Port Rosslare Port Belfast Port (VT4) is conveniently located close to the motorway network off Junction 1 of the M2 motorway offering easy access to and from Belfast city centre and the rest of Ireland. P&O ferries, which run between Cairnryan and Larne, are generally a cheaper option for both foot passengers and travelers with a car. On our Norbay and Norbank ships, enjoy a twin bed, crisp bed linen and soft towels, with an ensuite shower room, toilet, and space to hang your clothes. Plus you can update the passenger or vehicle registration details right up until the date of travel. Catering-wise I bought only a hot chocolate, which was quite hot and fairly chocolatey. Set off on the open road and take in some of Ireland's Ancient East's top sights. Then you pay about 160. the Faroe Islands, Denmark, Scotland, the Netherlands, Norway, and Russia. What facilities do you have on your ferries? With dramatic landscapes and a vibrant culture, a visit to Scotland is an unforgettable experience! What facilities do you provide in cabins? Taking your motorbike on one of our ferries to Ireland gives you the opportunity to explore this fascinating country at your own pace. Irish Ferries offer several daily sailings from Dublin to Holyhead, where you can take your car, pets, and as much luggage as you need. Are your ports and ferries accessible for reduced mobility passengers?

North Carolina Unsolved Murders, Texas Toll Forgiveness 2021, Articles S

scotland to ireland ferry