Well, I found two videos with the same interview, but I can not post the comment with the link and I do not know why. Heroin usually either ends in jail, life long opiate replacement programs like methadone or suboxone or death. -Chris, Was wondering if you ever went on any road trips with Demri to see AIC? I completely understand this, and I dont expect that everyone should like her, nor do I wish to make her into an angel or saint; she wasnt. Demri was born in Bremerton, Kitsap County, Washington, in the United States of America's Pacific Northwest. Im sorry that your friends made so many mistakes that caused them to lose their life. She wasnt out getting loaded and living it up thats Rachels story. MRSA has been around for quite some timeI first found out about it back in 1994/95 with some of my first nursing home patients that I transported to the E.R. Unconditional love? Did you make it through? This drug is so powerful and addicting that people will keep using even when theyre slowly killing themselves, ruining their lives and hurting the people they love the most! ", Your quotes vs other peoples quotes that knew her https://alice-in-chains.livejournal.com/103699.html?thread=559635#t559635. Hi Barbara, I was just checking in to see if there are any new posts an I noticed your comment about the books. I dont know anything about him other than that he dumped her at the Emergency Room and disappeared. I found the video I think but did not see any girl Thank you. What a wonderful site and tribute to Layne and Demri. While watching Crossing Over, Layne turned to Mike and said, Demri was here last night. It is not that great. Barb just saw this quote from Kathleen on PaperPortraiture website: I was saddened to see so much misinformation still out thereI am responding to the post of 10/29 Remembering etc. However, their addictions caused damage to the relationship and they broke off their engagement. Drugs can bring you to the highest heights. No need to rant on that. But they just often acted like a married couple. Later, as he got deeper into heroin, he almost seemed stooped over and maybe a little bow legged in AICs last concerts in 96. YOU NEED TO STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM!! Thank you for this wonderful website. She and Layne, and Rosheen, Mike and all the friends are together and laughing, having fun and taking care of us. Barbara you remember when you came into the room at the hospital and thought you were interrupting and we got Rachel to leave so you could have some private time with Demri and she thanked you saying she felt like she had vultures over her and could feel Rachel wanted her to die so she could have Layne. Since it didnt kill them at their first try, which it does to many, they continued on with it. It is such a sad situation. Personally, I have no idea exactly what happened, but I got a lot of stories. Its extremely heartbreaking. there is something so special about her. Guys wanted to be noticed by you and most girls wanted to be like you or be your friend! Its people like demri and Layne who would really make you think life was worth living. Layne loved what they had done, he thought Jerry did it on purpose. Was just curious about that. But miraculously i stabilized and had open heart surgery to replace my valve..im so sorry this is so long but im not done yet. I have never had anyone die on me but I have given more people then I can actually count or remember CPR and I was never afraid to call the ambulance either. In the 1980s Demri was adopted by her then step-father Dennis Murphy and she used his surname too, going by Demri Murphy but never legally changing her name. Im very thankful for my daughter because for the first time I had to clean up and start to deal with things. Hope Im making sense. Makes me wonder about the beautiful pictures of Demri above, Id love to know when they were taken. Id last about 3 days. Layne wants to quit, Demri doesnt, she has developed a fatalistic attitude towards her life. thank you for you time keep up the good work for these beautiful magic souls you keep alive. She was talking to another guy right behind Layne and she was wearing black shirt and shorts. Its like being high on life and thats what everyone should strive for because though life can be scary and ugly, it also can be beautiful depending on how you look at things. I breed dogs, I work in tech support and Im a web designer.. not in a MILLION years would anyone have guessed that about me. I made myself get over my stupid feelings for you because I had to, and when I did that I also got over my frustration with the fact that everytime I defended you I had to hide behind anonymity and lose credibility. I dont know how it is nowadays though. Would they be right? She said she believes her daughter was there that night to be there with Layne as hes doing his transition.. Anniversary of Dems passing & a note from her Mom, Darin Lamb One of Layne Staleys Best Friends. Previous Next. David de Sola writes in his biography of Alice in Chains: They had chosen the place called Kiana Lodge on Bainbridge Island [Kitsap County, Washington] as the wedding venue. Demri did pick out a dress, and Alice in Chains band member Mike Starr said he was going to be best man at Layne and Demris wedding.. And actually now seeing how long this thread is and the content I am not interested it at all. You know that feeling you get throughout your body when you accomplish a goal and you are gratified? She was an addict, just like Layne. This site is so beautiful, props to those who made it/run it! Jerry is one of the best melody writers ever, and Layne was a virtuoso vocalist and obviously his lyrics resonate with so many people. The same to you, Barbara, Merry Christmas to you and your family. Demri counted on Layne & others to help, & they did. It was for that, not because he was mean or wanted to date, he just wanted them both to get well and even said he wished Rehab had Co-Addictive Behavior Counselling for couples, which I was trying to help with at Wickenburg. LoveMara:). As a loved one, you have to be alert. Have you read David de Solas book on Alice in Chains? Demri was born in Bremerton, Kitsap County, Washington, in the United States of Americas Pacific Northwest. Its not easy but it is possible!! Theyd have taken her by the arms, and said, From everything you say about Demri and what a force of personality she was, this drug seems to have had an unbreakable hold on her. Thats probably the biggest lesson her legacy has taught me. I know this is an old post but why did you put Demris name in quotes? I hope that you come to this site again. But not in a slutty way. He walks around flipping his hair and trying to hump everything he thinks might have a vagina. Thank you for sharing this, I don't care how accurate it was. It is possible. I apologize ms. Susan. When cleaning I didnt know what belonged to who, which is risky). Im pretty sure about it , Much love, peace and good karma to you! Apparently, he found that lasting love with Dem or did he? Layne Thomas Staley (born Layne Rutherford Staley; August 22, 1967 - April 5, 2002) was an American singer and songwriter who was the original lead vocalist of the rock band Alice in Chains, which rose to international fame in the early 1990s as part of Seattle's grunge movement. I will pray for you I know it has to be really tough. This blog says everything I wanted to say! Then bring on the lying to hide it from everyone who loves you, bring on the HORRIBLE shame and actual disgust for yourself for turning into everything you had always looked down on or at least never thought youd become..a junkie. I am aware however that when your in heroin there is no thinking positive when your adducted to it because your brain is drained of the hormone that makes you happy. Youve led a life that wouldve crushed a great number of people. What she looked like, how she dressed, & the decoupage shed make from angel& Victorian cutouts that she would paste on boxes & give as gifts. His mother was quoted in Grunge is Dead as saying that he bought another condo in 94, but I dunno. He had me come and look at it to see and meet the landlord. I guess Im looking at the wrong fb pages. This page is the FamousFix profile for Demri Parrott. Please answer, so that I may know that youre ok. All my love, Laura. I hope that you get to write your own edition of a book about Demri and Layne. Addiction is no joke, I go to med school so I spend a lot of time in the hospital and its just awful what being addicted to something does to people. It was drilled into him how his life and career would be over if she OD on his watch so he was afraid to have her around if she was using. But it is possible with hard work and TIME. Layne helped him a lot in a lot of ways. Thank you. ITS JUST FUCKED UP BULLSHIT! Death is forever and you are needed in this world. So right now and since june of 18 ive been sick as hell waiting to have my new valve replaced again. I find it hard to believe. Big hugs! Yet, MM continued on til the day she died. There are people who say this cured their cancer. See at 2:32 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot0g2SWqnK8 there are two girls. I even wrote a blog on that hat for Christ sake, http://grungestorytellers.xanaland.com/2013/03/the-hat-with-purple-aura.html. You also made people smile and giggle and anyone who was ever part of your life no matter how long or how short.. will NEVER forget you. She died last March. I just was smitten with Xana. She said take her to Capital Hill to Rehab so he thought he was (per what he told me). Yes, she died young, of mysterious circumstances, but she made a living for herself. I had started working for Sony Records at the time, doing a regional A&R job, and with them being signed to a Sony label, it was a little bit awkward for both us. Do you know if you have the first version or the second? I will speak for us all in saying we hope you read this and change your minds. And thank you for your website. Just how much sense does that make? The statistic for heroin addicts who get clean and stay clean are actually depressing and shocking. You are the only one on the internet who knows about those days, and any info on Demri, Layne, Chris, Andy, or others in the Seattle Grunge Scene would be appreciated. I see a lot of conjecture and guessing about the nature of these relationships and its bugged me for years. The Sony people were trying to use me as eyes and ears to report backis he doin drugs? She did not need makeup to shine. Layne was like no other. Feb 8, 2019 - Explore Ken Ferrell's board "Demri parrott" on Pinterest. I believe that although Layne loved her, and Demri loved him, they both had their own agendas for life, which unfortunately didnt mesh in the final turn of life. Red carpet photos. But in continuing with heroin and coke, she damaged her body more, to the point of no return. Everything has already been said here, but I want to thank you personally. It is a horrible existence. Oh that thing about walking down a hall and druggies is b.s. Heroin doesnt turn you into an asshole. Not really a big deal But when people are addicted to heroin, they have to want to stop or you cant really help them. (Just noticed this now.) There's a lot of information about Demri and interviews with family and friends. Ill try to sum this up as much as i can. Demri has haunted me on a regular almost daily basis since I first learned about her story. Covers. Demri died in the hospital with her mother and her aunt right beside her on the morning of Oct 29 around 7:40 a.m. She was unconscious when she was brought in and never woke up again. I dont update it much because Ive basically said all I have to say and it was the most healing thing I ever did. It is believed that Layne met Demri sometime in the late 80's or early 1990, as she is thanked . Demri died in oct 1996 and Rosheen died in 1997. But NOBODY should romanticize this story. . Drugs are not fun, and will never try again. Best Of Luck to you Ms. Jacqueline from Scotland. No problem. Then my dad died n i lost it. Let this be a good story to stop people from picking up for the first time. Some people are predisposed to addiction and so their story is written for them. I was jealous of the model dip**** and I hated her. Kathleen, Im so sorry for your loss, I cant even imagine, but please know there are many of us who adore Layne & Demri. Tell them you love them every chance you get! I need spell check! Anyway I feel for both of them. To clarify Demri was in the hospital at least 13 times I know of each time 2-4 months from 93 to 96 which didnt leave much time for her to get in trouble. Full name: Demri Lara Parrott Murphy Date of birth: February 22, 1969 Died: October 29, 1996 Age at death: 27 years old Parents: Kathleen Austin (mother) Dennis Wayne Dougherty (father), Stephen John Parrot (stepfather) Siblings: 4 (Devin C. Remme, Derek J.P. Murphy, David J.M. 2 of Kathleens patients told her about this weird thing that happened (he had done the same thing). I love you. XANA LA FUENTE Innocent yet provocative. Thats how Andrew described Demri when he first saw her. I cant say I know much about her, but in the end, I hate the idea of romanticizing two junkies seemingly feeding off of each other. Suffice to say that she got the wrong ideas about some things, Layne was hurt by her assumptions and they parted ways for a while. But of course I would hate to spread any lies or speculation; if youre a friend or relative that somehow comes across this and would like anything removed please let me know. He had that presence that gave you goosebumps and made you want to move closer or turn up the volume. Ive been tormented by my addiction to IV heroin for the last 14 years, my best friend in the world, my everything, my older sister, is the spitting image of gorgeous angelic Dem. She thought he should because his stuff was there. on drugs. But, either way, I just wanted to say what a beautiful site and all the loving comments about a side of Layne that most of us would have never had the chance hear about. Demri did NOT get Layne into heroin. I happened to know that my Mom.. who I love dearly and means the world to me would have no clue. They seemed happy in most of the photos taken of them back when they were together. HML from what I understand, Layne spent a lot of time in the slumped forward position while he was nodding when heroin users experience their rush and then get sleepy they sortof nod off and then wake up and then nod again He used for so long and slumped forward a long time and that affected his posture and height. We talked about how we KNEW that AiC was going to be the biggest band in the world, and she insisted that I tell Layne that, because he didnt believe it coming from his girlfriend. Build your family tree online . I wish I didnt wait so long to return.but life gets in the way. I know we all hear this and we all have been told over and over to stay away from drugs but I wish I could drill it into kids heads who might consider trying it. Im so glad that Demris mother supported her no matter what. I was into the grunge scene since my brother first brought home a copy of Nirvana Nevermind in 1991. Pretty soon youre just doing it to feel normal and function and you dont even get high anymore or getting high gets harder to accomplish without having to do more then usual..and rarely can you even afford to get wellbut that is also how some addicts accidentally overdose..just trying to feel it or after theyve gotten clean for awhile..like after getting out of rehab, jail or detox and then they relapse and overdose because their tolerance has gone way down and they accidentally do too much.. Thats probably almost 80% of the reasons why an addict will overdose. Jerry would make these stupid, hazily spiteful remarks like were standing by Layne and I love him anyway. Who wants to be loved anyway? And the thing was that Layne was really bouncing back at this time. She, like Layne, was very generous. , Hi, I wish Demri had that same desire, to want to be an actress/model, who read books, studied acting. I noticed the list of books on the home page and decided to go check out Everybody Loves Our Town by Mark Yarm at our public library. I dont know why I chose here, maybe I need to vent or maybe I just want to share a little bit of the truth as I perceived it. Writing about my life and the lives of the people I lost and actually having people care enough to read and respond was a HUGE blessing for me. I have not read any of the books written about the era or the books written about my friends Mike and Layne. She kind of reminded me of Brooke Shields in the movie Pretty Baby. Endocarditis is the end result of shooting with dirty needles or sharing them. Layne and Demri met at a party back in 1988 and it was love at first sight. I have read that Demris mom is an Addiction Counselor. This is the kind of ridiculous talk he put up with from people who claimed to like him. The would cut and bag their heroin. Anyone of her friends would have given her money to buy cotten besides its free at the hospital and they do send you home with a ton of supplies and she was there a lot. They were less like brothers than like a weird married couple. Who knows why, ours is to respect their will. That was her. They started dating around spring or summer that year. A week went by and my symptons worsened. I know many Alice In Chains fans dislike her because she got Layne into heroin. Boredom plays a role and if your a recovering addict you have to keep yourself busy. I was devastated when I found out that I missed it. The fabric alone I spent thousands on which in the 80s is a lot, considering everyone else in that scene was flat broke. On the other hand I also dont flatter myself that I could have done something for him; I just dont know if I was that important. thank you Barbara if you see this for sharing all this information. That was the night of the 28th. When I called Christy about Demris Wake she asked what happened because Demri had just been there Monday night, which was the 28th which matched with Tom. So anyways, yesterday I ran into so-and-so and blah blah blah. She did what she wanted to do, and the friends she left behind are crying at her memory. REMEMBER Layne and Demri. Demri was passionate about many things and excelled in art and theater. Love you Barb, I totally agree and share the love and respect I am a recovering addictthis month I got my 6yr 6mo clean time!!! I never met him, but thats according to people who did. But unless you knew them.. because they were so private I just cant imagine anyone can ever get it right.. unless you were there and you felt their life spirit.. you know what I mean? It was even sadder when we found out Mike Starr was the last to see him and saw that he was in troublebut Layne wouldnt let Mike call 911now hes dead, too. JOHNNY BACOLAS I found out Layne was on heroin after the Van Halen tour in 91. Now for the more positive things: Demri Parrott (which I recently found out was pronounced Puh-Row) was described by everyone who knew her as a bubbly, charismatic and beautiful girl. Ok, thank you Liz! She goes into rehab and comes back to the car gets in and falls asleep while he runs errands. She had talked him into putting a lot of big purchases in her name. and yeah, Jerry writes beautiful music as well as Layne did..also, can someone confirm me if Layne did live with Mark Laneganfinding it a bit strange, dunno..ive read some of Lanegans interviews where it says that aroun 98 he mostly lived around L.A, just moved therewhatever, and by the way, Im also a big Nirvana fan, can you Barbara or someone here confirm me if Kurt Cobain was friends with Layne? All information, records, stories, anecdotes, and pictures are welcome. While it warms my heart that people want to know about her, care about her, love her and most of all have not forgotten her genuinely unique gifts. It has nothing to do with you why they cant get clean. She was born Feb. 22, 1969, in Bremerton. She is not, as widely but wrongly believed, the woman on the cover of Alice in Chainss album Dirt, released on September 29, 1992, that is model and actress Mariah O'Brien. Hey Barb if Dem were alive today, what do you think shed be doing? Demri, Layne said, appeared to him before his death, so maybe he wasnt so alone. Demri Parrott died on October 29, 1996, due to an infection (bacterium) that led to death, due to the use of drugs (sharing a dirty syringe / needle). Just thinking about it. When someone you care about turns blue and stops breathing that will mess with you forever. However, I found that things that boost your confidence and self esteem help you stay away from it. He always kept saying that he had slipped. Most of what everyone heard then was nonsense. Yes, Laura very, very true you basically nailed it. Because shed been staying at his apartment at the time that she got sick (when he had gone on tour,) and according to them, he hadnt thought to leave her enough money to buy new bags of cotton for, what, ninety nine cents? What always stood out to me was her sense of self. My sister also was an addict and passed away in 2008. They were eventually engaged to be married. Those guys literally made magic and Im so grateful to even have existed when they all did. Im not saying they were gay, lol! They were engaged in 1992 but later separated in 1994. Heroin is a beast of a drug all its own in short or in laymans terms..it ruins your ability to be naturally happy. I am here to support if I can but a simple chat is as far as Ill go. When Layne would relapse or even admit to weakness in the last few years that I knew them Jerry would get very patronizing and very smug. Layne and Demri's relationship made me come to terms with the fact that some people in your life will just drill a hole in your head and insert themselves there and there's nothing you can do to ever get them out. The girl looks like her. Blessings to each of you! It seems like Demri was homeless, staying here and there. e_wink.gif I was only then getting to know Layne and I liked him a lot. Ive always thought you were such an exotic beauty. 42 pictures of Demri Parrott. Demri lapsed into a coma and spent the last 12 hours of her life unconscious in an intensive care unit at Evergreen Hospital, with only her mother and her aunt by her side, before doctors turned off the life-support machines on the morning of October 29, 1996. Every now and then Ill go through a phase where I read as much as I can about her, it never really feels like I know enough. Thanks for the reply. Mike met with her because when Layne got mad she refused his calls so Mike did it to tell her off and because he wanted to find out why he was ejected from the band and figured it was from Melinda and Sean breaking up. As mean and selfish as it may sound for an addict to abandon their loved ones THATS exactly what I am talking about! Demri didnt have money she combed the carpet and started using again. I have seen people/myself go from great people to completely changed. You can tell when theyre lifers. Recent images. When they began the KISS tour, Layne had been clean for a (relatively) long time, but I remember he was very scared to leave. Sadly, another member of the 27 Club, Press J to jump to the feed. I never told anyone that I knew you and you used to tell me dont let it bother you. After a long time of trying to stop and being unsuccessful you willingly succumb to ityou just give up!!! Someone asked for a video of Demrigot this from youtube its Demri and Layne singing together hope this helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQA98ZTJDTc. This may be too personal to ask, but I have been curious. Not sure why but it left me feeling weird. But Demri did start using drugs again, and instead of asking her to leave, because then she would really be in trouble, Layne took a hike. Just rude and no respect Or those already gone like Demri and Layne.. best thing they can come up with is they have a life to live??? Yes, she was sick from herion, but so was Marilyn. She was of Native American (Cherokee), Irish, Scottish, Welsh, English, and Swiss-German descent. Once Kurt gave Layne a ride somewhere and talked about his daughter Frances and Layne said that he was so excited about her. Your site is beautiful if I were computer literate I wouldve corrected the writer it is nice to set the record straight . His last photos were published five years before his death in 1997 when he won Grammy Awards. There are also more happy and nice memories here that focus more on the positive aspects! Ive also met some true asshole addicts but they were usually born that way. Its a tribute vid, and at 5:45 (and I mean exactly easy to miss!) Barbara you are right on that they suffered from a fatal disease- and also right that drugs arent worth dabbling in. When young, we all do crazy, risky things, especially in the early 90s. I also like to believe that there is an afterlife where we get to see our loved ones who have passed before us and we get to watch and protect the ones who are still here on earth. She was unconscious for two and a half hours before she finally got to hospital. Like I said, Ill pray for you and hopefully god will lift you up. Best thing people can do is move away from everything you know and everyone you know that makes it easy. As a mother, I cannot imagine losing any of my kids. My nickname growing up was AD so if it was shortened by her she would call herself little D. Dont know unless she was doing a rap thing if she did that with others but do remember her correcting people who did say Dem, not Demri even to me. Stay strong, stay strong, you can beat this. She loved creating decopage with 30s and 40s vintage style images cut outs from wrapping paper or old greeting cards. If you need to talk to someone when times get tough just shoot me an email my address is boggs128@aol.com and I will chat with you. Anything you have to say would be gratefully appreciated. thanks for enjoying the post, i think at some point in the future i'll write a longer one with more details (especially positive ones), it feels impossible to do her justice in just a few paragraphs, The last of your months ..days ..none of this matters? Self: 1991 MTV Video Music Awards. In 2017, 81,000 Americans tried heroin for the first time. She was around five feet tallmaybe even shorterand was stunningly beautiful. I guess there is so little real information out there, so these kinds of stories become defacto fact. No clue.. maybe they didnt even know Rosheen was as important as she was to Demri.

Lord Mervyn Davies Net Worth, Articles D

demri parrott last photo