In this step we will drill 2 holes into the soup can to empty its contents (pick a can of something like broth or tomato paste to make emptying easier). Note - If your interested in the CNC machine you can find my build thread (with DXF drawings of this machine) over here: Turn on the air and give the flywheel a quick flick and the motor should start, if not try flicking it in the other direction. The main parts you'll need for this build can be changed wildly depending on your available materials. A steam boiler is a pressurized vessel that transfers heat to water to produce steam for a variety of applications. To gain a greater understanding of the physical forces at work in a steam engine, build your own steam engine with common home materials using one of the methods in this article! Now drill out the center hole in this part the same size as the wire you will be using for the "Cylinder Pivot" wire. That heat is transferred through the tube walls, heating the water contained in the vessel to the point that steam is produced. Still, ideally, a boiler should be designed to prevent thermal shock from occurring under any conditions. The Idea: Recently I saw a video of a remote controlled boat powered by a miniature steam engine and was instantly hooked on the idea. That is, what percentage of energy is converted to steam. As I also intend to use this boiler to run a small engine or turbine it was important that I could close off the steam supply to allow the main tank to build up pressure. Yet looking at the actual mechanism which allows them to run they are really quite simple so I decided to try and make one on the cheap. Steam boilers are used for a wide variety of residential, commercial, and industrial applications. The pressure vessel for the steam plant was designed to operated at 30psi and provide the oscillating steam engine project with enough steam for 15 to 20 minutes of run time. This step is greatly simplified if you have access to a bench vice but since I was building this in my apartment I decided to go with the finger power approach. Modern boiler controllers include sophisticated diagnostics to help users identify potential issues before they become serious problems. 2 years ago copper tubing: got this from a local hardware store costed me about 1$ for about 4 to 5 inches5. This boiler was designed by Leslie Proper see his channel for more. 3 years ago In contrast to firetube boilers, watertube boilers are more efficient because the reduced water content means there is less wasted energy used to heat the system when beginning operation. I recently watched a U-Tube video on how to bend PVC. Some possible improvement include; the use of bearings to reduce friction, waxing the wood where it rubs together, or replacing/coating the wood with a layer of Teflon which would greatly reduce friction and help with the air seal. She has conducted survey work for marine spatial planning projects in the Caribbean and provided research support as a graduate fellow for the Sustainable Fisheries Group. First off, playing with steam -- especially under. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. Making a live steam boiler 5" cooper tube ethcriptominera 1.6K subscribers Subscribe 1.6K Share Save 552K views 9 years ago If you want see this steam boiler working, please visit this. How the water is heated depends on whether it is a firetube or watertube boiler. How it Works: You could read my lengthy description below or you could check out the totally awesome animation by the guys over at www.animatedengines.com, find it here! Steam boilers produce pressurized steam power by heating water to its boiling point using a combustible fuel source. A lot of human may be pleased as soon as looking at you reading Plans For Model Steam Boiler in your spare time. With the modular design of the steam output I can attach all sorts of little creations, now that I know the heat output of this little core I have the idea of using steam power to melt candle wax, to make candles, to heat water in the boiler. Screw the fitting into the can and apply a small amount of flux to keep the joint from oxidizing. 2200 Steven B. Smith Blvd. High-temperature steam is also used to ensure food safety through pasteurization. How I can convert this piston motion to rational motion? Reply Cut the wire for the "Cylinder Pivot" part and make a 90 bend 5mm from one end. Do you think a ninth grader could do this as a 40 hour project? A higher end steam boiler installation could cost up to $8,000. Starting from this point, wrap the tubing into five coils 5 inches (13 cm) in diameter. The independent boilers integrate into a single system, with a single master controller switching them ON or OFF as needed to meet demand. This is, again, a designer's choice, especially for those of you who are choosing leftover material - like large propane tanks or round cylinders - cutting them and cropping them to use them as a wood boiler barrel. The engine works by using heat from a candle to evaporate water, which creates steam to form jets that propel the engine. The safest modern boilers virtually eliminate the possibility of catastrophic failure, creating a much safer work environment. To make the flywheel I popped the wax out of a tea light (candle), inserted the crankshaft wire through a few pieces of wood to keep it from pulling out of the wax and glued them to the crankshaft, then I added some metal washers (to add weight). Next take a small piece of plastic wrap and cover one end of the piston tube, secure it with an elastic. Even in our relatively small size a steam boiler at 90 psi contains considerable energy and must be treated with the utmost respect both in operation and manufacture. on Introduction. I eyeballed the lenght to lift the boiler high enough off the ground so I could slide my heat source underneath the can. A Pocket Sundial From a Broken Pocket Watch! Now glue the wooden crankshaft part to the metal crankshaft wire (the other end of which is secured in the flywheel), fixing it in place. The main things you need are a soup can for the boiler body, some heat resistant tubing to carry the steam around (I used model airplane fuel line), and a little bit of sheet metal to form the boiler housing (I used brass sheet) and some 1/4" copper tube to make a few connection points and the heating coil. In terms of boiler design, the safest type of boiler is a watertube boiler because it is designed to operate with less water volume than a firetube boiler. on Step 12. The higher the rating, the higher the equipment cost, but the lower the . These are very often used to turn rotar. This calculation translates the steam load (in pounds per hour) to boiler horsepower. The layout shown in Figure 3.8.2 shows an improved design of a new header. This also helps prevent the wooden crankshaft part from accidentally getting glued to the body. Now drill out the top hole with a 3/32" bit. Now epoxy the part "Brace" to the flywheel side of the body just under the hole for the crankshaft, I also added a small brace to the piston side of the Body. The steam rises through a system of supply pipes to each radiator in the home. But a lot of the name brand companies out there have 400 or 500 gallon tanks. Using the boiler housing as a guide mark the location for the steam output pipe. Be sure to lay down a few layers of newspaper before trying to pour molten wax, I also wouldn't recommend doing this over carpet. My point is, "maybe" just putting unheated sand in the tubing would make it bendable without kinking. Heat the thicker brass fitting and then the can until you can easily flow the solder into the seam. If you do this you should probably make the crankshaft wire a cm or so longer. The point of this project was really to see how cheaply and easily a miniature steam engine could be built. This guide will provide a comprehensive and straightforward overview of what boilers do, how boilers function, and how to choose a safe, reliable and efficient steam boiler. I picked up most of my parts from my local hardware store and a couple items from a hobby shop. As mentioned earlier, the two main types of boilers you will find on the market today are firetube boilers and watertube boilers. on the flywheel, l added 4 screws to add some weight, don't know if that really makes a difference Next step is to plug that on a boiler or a compressor if l can borrow one ! This book describes how to make two vertical and two horizontal copper boilers with a capacity of less than three-bar li. The flame heats the ambient gas. If you line it up just right the motor will even start without you flicking it. Devices built for the sole purpose of running themselves. For this calculation, you will enter the steam load in pounds per . First cut the wire (24AWG) for the piston rod (I used a thin piece of floral wire but any stiff wire will do), then make a 90 bend 3mm from one end. Once again I sanded both the copper pipe and boiler body prior to soldering the connection. The safest way to carry out this task is by completely filling the boiler and connecting line with water then using a air pump to pressurize the system. The caps are not glued on as a safety precaution. Epoxy could also easily be substituted for the wax, I just didn't have enough epoxy to do it. Multiple small boiler can be used together, and selectively turn on and off. If one unit stops working, the rest continue to function. For greater efficiency, consider a modular boiler system. Then a wood fire is lit inside the firebox. Your local hobby shop should have the correct sizes of brass tubing. This also helps it from splitting on you. You will likely have to turn the crankshaft to make the hole for the cylinder align with the bend in the cylinder rod. The cylinder has one port at it's top which is pressed up against the main body of the engine. "Parts Only No Measurements" is exactly the same but without any measurements printed on the page; good for cutting out and gluing to your wood as a guide. I added a small circle of wood around the outer hole in the wooden crankshaft part. Did you make this project? To ensure that the piston rod stays at 90 you may want to push it through a piece of ~0.7mm foam first and glue that in along with the piston rod (see Images). Happy tinkering! Where I live we have quite a few hardware stores and hobby shops, but I wanted an idea of how much cash I should have in my wallet before I go running around. This engine is 7.2cm (2.8") tall.Some Things to Note: First off I should state that this steam engine is only a steam engine. I then carefully bent the pipe by hand to match the aluminum can and used the cuttoff wheel to trim the ends and remove the water. 7 years ago. By making a special type of shaft as present in car or motorcycle engines. You wouldn't have to wait 30mins or longer; just pack it in tapping your tubing along the way. Were committed to providing the world with free how-to resources, and even $1 helps us in our mission. Also be sure to take any sharp edges off the tubing to keep from cutting the silicone. The height will vary depending on your method of heating (tea light candles, container of liquid fuelwood fire box???). It should be a 45mm long piece of ~18 AWG wire. I tried filling the pipe with sand which works great but its quite hard to get the sand to pour back out considering its small ID. I am a very visual teacher so be sure to read the 'Image Notes' (hover your mouse over the yellow boxes on the images), it will likely make my instructions clearer. These are the main component but the system is far more complicated than that and contains many other components that . The only solder I had at the time was silver solder (expensive) and general electronics solder (60/40 mix). You can cut a simple boat shape from a plastic soda or bleach bottle to make the project "green.". Bess Ruff is a Geography PhD student at Florida State University. He capped one end, preheated some sand with a propane torch, poured it in-- to make it soft/pliable enough to bend it. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. In this step we will drill 2 holes into the soup can to empty its contents (pick a can of something like broth or tomato paste to make emptying easier). So, Whats the Safest Boiler on the Market? When the water heats, these solids foam from the steam. Thats why its important to consider in-service efficiency, which refers to the boilers total efficiency in its everyday function. The turbines output connect in parallel and then branch off to feed two condensers which return directly to the boiler or are diverted to a holding tank if there is too much pressure (which doesn't really happen). The 1/8-inch nipples are available from engineering supply rms and are amply long enough to be cut in half. All modules may operate simultaneously, or individual modules can be shut down and quickly restarted as needed. The tube gradually heats the water around it, eventually producing steam. By using our site, you agree to our. I don't know if I should say this , but just use silver solder for your still . 6 years ago. Learn about all aspects of boat design, from the inner workings of the engine to the finishing coat of paint. I bought mine from the craft department in Wal-Mart; $3 for a six pack of 7x3" sheets. This size of wire is excellent because it fits perfectly inside of the plastic tube that Q-Tips are made of. Yongxing's small steam boiler are basically vertical, and can quickly produce steam within 3-5 minutes. 4 years ago. Chemical water treatments are used to reduce dissolved oxygen within the water or treat metal surfaces to prevent degradation. Today, boiler design follows rigorous safety guidelines overseeing both the production and use of boilers. Thanks! Industrial boilers can handle a wide array of industrial processes that require greater horsepower. Replace the Pressure Weight The other thing your pressure cooker should have on it is a weight of some kind to let steam out during the cooking process. We have designed our Parker Steam Boiler Series with our costumers in mind. Once again all joints must be air tight so take your time and do a clean job. If it wasn't for the leaded solder and brass fittings it would probably make a very nice still ;). To melt the wax I put it in the bottom of a tin can which I had bent a bit of a spout into to make it easier to pour. This boiler is designed using tubing or pipe for the heating of . About 4.76 milimeters in diameter? it took about an afternoon to make it. This is so small it would take a month for one shot glass anyway . If you must handle the engine while it is in use, do not point the ends of the tubing toward anyone, as hot steam or water could cause scalding. Not much involved in this step, just make sure the screw together fittings are wrench tight. Now you just need a way to hold the cylinder tight up against the body. Since it was nearly empty I depressed the trigger to clear out as much of the compressed gas as possible then using a small drill I made 2 holes in the top of the can to release any remaining pressure and allow for a way to flush out the rest of the contents. In automotive production plants, steam is used for vulcanizing rubber for tires and other applications. if I double the measurements and make the project bigger,will there be any problem? It was published by Brandbright and is still available. I built this engine in one day and for under $10 in materials so I think it's safe to call it a success. A boiler generates heat and ultimately transfers that heat to water the less heat energy that is lost throughout the process, the more efficient the boiler. 1.Order the appropriate steam boiler vessel and chimney. I used a short section of copper tube which fits VERY snuggly inside the airplane fuel tubing. This article was co-authored by Bess Ruff, MA. For more informative steam boiler information, subscribe to our newsletter or contact us today to learn more about our modular watertube boiler systems. From here all the major work is complete. Essentially, each boiler in the modular boilers system operates independently. DIY Wood Boiler Specifications: 7 ga. steel outer wall 1 galvanized pipe. Metal this thin is easy to cut with scissors and bends easy with small flat nosed pliers and fingers. This article has been viewed 537,815 times. You can find industrial boilers in various settings, including hospitals, university campuses, chemical plants, breweries, food processing facilities, and manufacturing factories. on Introduction, Reply The boiler is now finished and working perfectly (personally, I think it's a work of art).I couldn't find any in-depth videos or tutorials on how to make a boiler, so I had to go by instinct.I'm only sharing my experiences and learning curve with you all because you wanted it. solder: again home depot was about 10$4. I appreciate all your time and effort put into making this work. To start, cut the bottom off of a soda can and place a tea light in it. Cylinder Head: Start by drilling out the 12mm hole in the cylinder head before you cut out the square around it, unless you have a drill press such a large hole will be hard to align with a small piece of wood. Develop the tech skills you need for work and life, Can I use a slightly bigger copper tubing for the soda can steam engine? Today, the ASME has issued 28 books, covering a comprehensive range of operational issues, running into tens of thousands of pages. Did you know you can get expert answers for this article? Our Steam Boilers are designed with individual tube sections, each connected to the boiler drum and lower headers by pipe unions. Effectively monitoring and maintaining boilers before any problems arise will help ensure your facility stays safe and productive. You can add more units as needed. How to Build a DIY Steam Boiler Tennessee Gun 45.8K subscribers Subscribe 70K views 11 years ago https://www.tngun.com/diy-steam-engin. This little boiler was made to power the Myfordboy steam engine. Theres less chance of downtime. You can rotate the use of individual units to reduce wear and tear. Send Inquiry Now Best Performance Small Boiler Price 1,190,496btu/h 0.5T We use high-quality ultra-thick stainless steel shell, very good perfermance. A boiler explosion, even in miniature, can result in serious injury. What glue did you use.ThanksPS great bit of kit, Question Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 537,815 times. Enjoy! The average cost for a steam boiler is about $3,500. You can speed up the burning process by using a hair dryer to blow through the ventilation holes. The primary differences between the two can be found in their names. Drill the top two holes with a 3/32" drill bit. ", "It was rather simple to follow. They rely on simple mechanics, which make them highly reliable to work with. Stand Now, on the opposite side from where you sanded down 1mm on the "Cylinder Back" part you must cut a 5mm long grove from the middle hole towards the top hole, just deep enough for the 5mm of wire to rest in when it has been inserted through the wood. write a few notes on boiler making. This gives the piston rod a little more clearance and prevents it from creating more friction rubbing on the crankshaft. The small 2nd hole will allow the steam exhaust port to clear the boiler housing. References Please note - This video is for educational purposes only and I don't recommend you make one yourself. yes but it puts off less heat than what is needed its mainly used bc its safer. Unlock expert answers by supporting wikiHow, https://sci-toys.com/scitoys/scitoys/thermo/thermo.html, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SYUPSWZTLE, http://www.threeriversrambler.com/steam-engines-101, http://sci-toys.com/scitoys/scitoys/thermo/thermo.html#rotary, https://study.com/learn/lesson/steam-engine-history-impact.html. I've learned a lot from the many users of this community and thank all contributers for ideas and insight. Recipe Shaped Crafting Usage The boiler accepts the following items as fuel: The boiler has a minimum temperature of 20 and a maximum temperature of 500. As boilers combust fuel to produce heat, NOx is produced. An elastic or two should really be all you need here.Air Supply: Lastly you need to connect one of the top two holes on the flywheel side of the body to a compressed air tank or pump. Hot Water Heaters vs. Make a Simple Boiler for Model Steam Engines Part 2 Silver Soldering myfordboy 297K. If you can't find one Home Depot sells them. I am making a biogas plant that produces biogas (methane and other gases) and I want to convert this methane to produce electricity. After sizing my hole to my fitting I gave both the brass fitting and hole a light sanding to rough up the surface to make soldering easy. Switching which hole the air goes into will reverse the direction of the engine's rotation.Troubleshooting: If your motor does not run first make sure everything spins fairly easily when turned by hand. Final Thoughts: Over all I am very pleased with how this little motor came out. Then, slide the copper tubing through 2 holes in the can, place it in a bowl of water, and bend the ends so they are submerged. Do not attempt to brass braze any part of a small boiler, I always use Easy Flow no. I have not tried it though so I can not tell you how much power you could expect to produce. This allows facilities to deviate from the maximum steam output and conserve resources by turning down the boiler output to efficiently match the facilitys steam supply demands. A boiler or steam generator is a device used to create steam by applying heat energy to water. If I were to do it again I would drill a hole through the bottom of the tea light and run the crankshaft wire all the way through so that the motor could be easily connected to another device in order to power it. Do you think plastic will work? 9 years ago If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions please don't hesitate to put them in the comments. Add more Q-Tip washers on the piston side to provide proper spacing so the face of the wooden crankshaft part will be under the center of this piston. Although it costs much less than buying a ready made steam boiler, there are quite a few dangers in doing it yourself. 11 years ago Additionally, should a watertube boiler fail, that failure would be contained within the tubes rather than exploding outward like a firetube boiler failure. i think i am gonna make this. If you don't have a tubing cutter you can buy one from Harbor Freight for $5. Scrape out the inside lip of the cylinder with a razor blade to ensure no burs are left to scrape up your piston. You could also use aluminum, brass, Teflon, plastic or Plexiglas instead of wood. If you watch the video below you will see that the cylinder on this engine actually moves back and forth as the flywheel turns (it oscillates! blowtorch: got this as a kit from home depot costed about 20.00$2. Boilers intended for residential and commercial use typically have the lowest capacities. Water softeners remove hard metals (notably calcium and magnesium) from the water used in the boiler. Making a Soda Can Steam Engine (For Kids), {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ea\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-1-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-1-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ea\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-1-Version-3.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-1-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/3f\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-2-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-2-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3f\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-2-Version-3.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-2-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/06\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-3-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-3-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/06\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-3-Version-3.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-3-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/1c\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-4-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-4-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/1c\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-4-Version-3.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-4-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4f\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-5-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-5-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4f\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-5-Version-3.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-5-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c5\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-6-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-6-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c5\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-6-Version-3.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-6-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/83\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-7-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-7-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/83\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-7-Version-3.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-7-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/26\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-8-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-8-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/26\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-8-Version-3.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-8-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/2f\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-9-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-9-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/2f\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-9-Version-3.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-9-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/6d\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-10-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-10-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/6d\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-10-Version-2.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-10-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/86\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-11-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-11-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/86\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-11-Version-3.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-11-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, Making a Paint Can Steam Engine (For Adults), {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/6c\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-12-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-12-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/6c\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-12-Version-2.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-12-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/63\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-13-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-13-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/63\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-13-Version-2.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-13-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/01\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-14-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-14-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/01\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-14-Version-2.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-14-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f6\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-15-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-15-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f6\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-15-Version-2.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-15-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/73\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-16-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-16-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/73\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-16-Version-2.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-16-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-17-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-17-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-17-Version-2.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-17-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/0d\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-18-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-18-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/0d\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-18-Version-2.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-18-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/34\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-19-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-19-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/34\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-19-Version-2.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-19-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b5\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-20-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-20-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b5\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-20-Version-2.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-20-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f3\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-21-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-21-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f3\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-21-Version-2.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-21-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/3b\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-22-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-22-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3b\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-22-Version-2.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-22-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/6d\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-23-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-23-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/6d\/Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-23-Version-2.jpg\/aid1519970-v4-728px-Make-a-Steam-Engine-Step-23-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"