King, who was not a writer, set out on a mission to give light to all of these unanswered questions. He describes how exactly he got into aviation and all of the things he went through. The hours can also be long and irregular. Being paid like a professional. He is also funny. Aircraft instrumentation, communication, and navigation. Expand All Collapse All General Information Requirements Testing Training & Experience Pathways If you really think you are ready to be an aircraft mechanic get this book and watch the video. Before I got the aircraft mechanic I thought that everyone had to have a degree or a license to be an aircraft mechanic. My instructor in my A&P course is mostly using the last half of the book where the author talks about the dangers of the career and the positives and negatives. What are the Disadvantages of Being a Aircraft Mechanic? People don't know any of the details about airplanes. Other parts of the book, however, will really only help people that are considering becoming an aircraft mechanic. The information is neatly organized and it makes it easy to locate the information you are after. - R. Alcomendas, Philippines "What can I do if I can't get my A&P License?" There are people in the aviaiton field making large amounts of money. I have read a lot of the jeppson books and others. Some possibilities that may come after experience working as anaircraft mechanicincludingowning a maintenance facility used by pilots, aircraft owners, or airlines; or becoming a shop supervisor to otheraircraft mechanicsas they work. Maintenance companies and airlines love it when fresh, dumb aviation mechanics come right out of college looking for a job. Both the book and video were really helpful explaining what I need to do to get my license, and Im planning to begin in the next couple of weeks. This does not mean that you cannot have a good career working in aviation, it means that greedy corporations in aviation are no different than greedy corporations in any other field. I started reading it again a few days ago and now I have to admit after looking this book over its very helpful at just how good its written in terms of breaking down the career and also the fact that it explains in depth where everyone can understand with out the author talking down to the reader. He discusses many subjects that you would not expect to find in a book about becoming an aircraft mechanic. The book is also easy to follow. There is not a lot of filler here. They exist to make money, and they will use you and pay you as little as they can because you won't know any better. It can also be mentally challenging, as you need to be able to troubleshoot complex problems quickly and effectively. Any inspections, repairs, maintenance, etc., are documented. Our instructor really doesn't have to explain anything, he just uses examples from the book. My wife got me The Aircraft Mechanic books and video for Christmas this year just a week ago. This can be a very exciting and interesting job for someone who loves planes and enjoys working with their hands. This video about getting the A&P license was good because it actually shows you real aircraft mechanics working in hangars and on different kinds of jets. I really appreciate the detail the author put into the chapters about aircraft mechanic salary. Being an aircraft mechanic can be physically demanding. There are a few drawbacks to consider if you want to pursuetrainingas anaircraft mechanic. Although the book title is kinda cheesy, you will be pleasantly surprised by tons of useful info. The 2023 edition of ICD-10-CM V96.8 became effective on October 1, 2022. You'll be more prepared than most of the instructors in the schools if you decide to go into aviation. There were nearly ninety million airplane departures in 2016 and it is estimated that by. I now have much more knowledge about the whole career. From training to be a pilot to becoming anaviationelectronics technician, there are countless ways that a person can become involved with aeronautics. jQuery(".tulsa-phone").show(); I have been an A&P mechanic for nearly 7 years now, and I bought this book out of curiosity. Aircraft mechanics have high earning potential in their jobs. First published in 2008, this book is the result of Stan King's career and research that he decided to share. A&P Student, - James Murphy We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Because A&P Mechanics are in such high demand and have such an important role in the aviation industry, they actually make really good money. I got this gift from my girlfriend for my birthday and it was probably the best gift I could have gotten. So why do I do it? Still a must-read for anyone considering working in aviation maintenance. There is a $145 application fee once you are approved. Being a mechanic myself, I can definitely relate to a lot of what he says. People always assume that if you work on multimillion dollar airplanes you HAVE to have some kind of license or something, right? "How can I make more money working as an aircraft mechanic?" The third most common is faa on 5.4% of resumes. Because of the first few chapters I give the book 4 stars. Its much better than my old boring job thats for sure! Being an aircraft mechanic is not typically the usual 9-to-5. , you can begin the process today. I highly recommend this book to anyone that likes airplanes helicopters, or any type of aircraft and is thinking about becoming a mechanic. No two days as an aircraft mechanic are ever the same, thanks to the variety of tasks that need to be performed on any given day. I picked this book up not expecting to really learn anything but more just to see what all the fuss was about and hoping to get a good enjoyable read. What you need, how to prepare for your career, etc. Certification requirements for taking and passing certification examinations are not controlled by the College, but by outside agencies and are subject to change by the agencies without notice to the College. This one contains almost everything you need to know. However, there's plenty of room to make more money: the top 10 percent made more than $101,070. Suppose an aircraft mechanic does not have top-tier communication skills. Being an aircraft mechanic is a great job that offers the opportunity for excellent pay and benefits. My name is Stan King. The work is interesting and challenging, and you get to travel to different places. This course has sold very successfully at $49.95, and even for quite a while at $99.95, so don't be surprised if you return and see it back at a higher price. mechanics is expected to increase over the next two decades. I have read the book 2 times, each time picking up more and more information that I missed the first time around. Can you become an aircraft mechanic? Competitive pay and frequent overtime opportunities. If you care about money and making a lot of it, those topics are discussed too. If you dont know if youd like to be an aircraft mechanic then read this book! for studying aviation maintenance technology: and Inglewoods branch campus in Riverside, California. of aircraft mechanics in the United States earned around $37,890 per year. Fact #4: Maintenance companies like DUMMIES! Reading The aircraft mechanic really helped me out because it gave me all the details about and what the careers really about. If this video has sparked interest in becoming an. I will lay everything out on the table, and I will go over everything honestly. I have seen many new mechanics fresh out of A&P school that didn't know what to do after they finished school. He really went into a lot of detail and I felt like he was spot on. Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology does not guarantee third-party certifications. I really enjoyed reading his story and some of it is pretty funny. I just got out of high school but for the last 2 years I been working for my uncle company doing framing work on houses and other stuff like apartments and condos. They will tell you anything and everything to get you in the door. 30 Day Money-Back Offer if you order TODAY, And why don't the schools mention these powerful methods?? If you have any questions or would like to learn more about training to become anaircraft mechanicat Spartan College, you can find out more on ourwebsiteorrequest more information and an admissions representative close by will call and answer your questions. I have been interested in aviation and thinking about a career for a little over a year. Ultimately, that decision is up to you. They inspect planes before flights to make sure they are safe, and perform repairs when necessary. Taco meat lasts in the fridge for up to four days. The Aircraft Mechanic is quick and to the point. You will receive INSTANT access to your books and video. In the video you get to see aircraft mechanics in work and it is really informative. The second most common hard skill for an aircraft mechanic is airframe appearing on 6.1% of resumes. Many mechanics take advantage of the opportunities afforded by their jobs to travel around the world, often working on planes in different countries. I bought this book because we're reading it in college, and it is for the most part detailed and accurate. Option 1: Attend an FAA-approved AMTS school. The chapter about Pay was great. While I was searching for information about becoming an aircraft mechanic I found what seemed like hundreds of websites and articles on the subject. Some possibilities that may come after experience working as an, owning a maintenance facility used by pilots, aircraft owners, or airlines; or becoming a shop supervisor to other. CALL US TODAY: 303-410-2403, FURTHER YOUR EDUCATION. It really opened my eyes to what I was about to get into if I went to college and got into the career. A&P Instructor. At the end of an AMT program that meets the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) requirements (established in Title 14, Part 147), you will be. I wanted to answer these questions so you will have a clear understanding about airplane mechanics and aviation. Mechanics typically earn around $60,000 per year,** but experienced professionals can earn much more than that. Aircraft mechanicsensure that aircraft complieswithallFAA regulationsand that they are safe and functioning during flight. A&P Instructor. When you train to become anaircraft mechanic, especially at anFAA approvedprogram like the one offered at Spartan College,you'llbetrainednot only for the aviation industry, but you'll also develop skills that will prepare you to work in a variety ofrelatedindustries. Its a challenging job that demands a lot of skill and knowledge, and I take pride in doing it well. Instead of reading through many books and endlessly searching on websites, I recommend that you read The Aircraft Mechanic and let King's experience and wisdom guide you. It was a relief to know that I wouldn't have to pay a bunch of money to get in the career. There is also a huge need in the marketplace and a shortage of trained professionals, so it makes it easy to find a job when you are ready to start applying. I'm 20 years old and started my training as an aircraft mechanic within two months after reading The Aircraft Mechanic. - Randall T. Obtaining Aircraft Mechanic Certification 1 Pass the oral and practical examinations. I've already begun preparing myself for my career as an aircraft mechanic using Stan kings advice. Don't take a chance in aviation without knowing all of the details provided in The Aircraft Mechanic. The chapters about how this career compares to other careers really made me think. You must read this book before paying to go to college because you will save a lot of money. A mechanic who holds an A&P License is certified to inspect, perform, or supervise maintenance of aircraft and aircraft systems. It will help you and save you some money. Crabbing and steaming in the vinegar era! Go to a school and get you're A&P. Most quit because they didn't like the job for one reason or another. The mechanic is a maintenance technician certificated by the FAA based on personal knowledge gained through training and experience, which is demonstrated via successful completion of written, oral, and practical tests. The author tells you exactly how to become a mechanic without having a degree or license. The authors collection of advice is relevant, real-time, and real-world applicable. All they know is that they trust their lives to these complex machines that cost millions of dollars. But at least now I know that I can become an aircraft mechanic if i want to. And using this book as a general guide really helps! I don't need to google information piece by piece and judge with no basis whether that information and advice is still valid any more. Look for an FAA-approved aviation maintenance technician school that meets these standards. Only aircraft mechanic book I could find A great book for learning about aircraft mechanics, Great Resource For Future A/C Technicians. If I had a dollar for every new mechanic that quit within six months after starting the job, I would have tens of thousands of extra dollars in my bank account. . They also must be able to lift heavy objects and be comfortable working in cramped spaces. For the past year I been a roofer which is really hard work for low pay. They have to constantly lift items which can have a strain on their back over time. Is an A&P License a good investment? The best thing about his work is that he doesn't try to persuade or dissuade your choice of becoming an aircraft mechanic; he just wants you to know the truth. There are many reasons why someone might want to become an aircraft mechanic. Working hands-on on complex and exciting aircraft. An applicant must be: at least 18 years old; able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language (with certain exceptions permitted); Few things are as satisfying as successfully completing a difficult repair or bringing an airplane back from the brink of disaster . The steps the author lays out are the key. Ifyoureinterested ineventually workingas anaircraft mechanic, it's smart to live near a big city that attracts a lot of air travel. I should have my A&P certificate in 4 or 5 more months, which is the best part. The aviation industry needs you, and they know exactly how to get you in the door anyway they can by lying to you and telling you what you want to hear. A Good Aircraft Mechanic Always Communicates One of the biggest aspects of the aviation maintenance industry is communication. I have been an aircraft mechanic for nearly ten years. When I first got this book on my birthday from my dad I didnt really get into it. Aircraft mechanics often have to work weekends, nights and holidays as this is when most flights take place. The following are some pros ofpursing this type ofaircraft mechanictraining. This chapter permits the classification of environmental events and circumstances as . my fathers friend recommended this book to me after we started talking and I told him I was thinking about going to school for my ap license. However, is it really the high-paying career that you probably think it is? After I read it, my first thought was that I have never seen another book like it. Summer was almost up and I was getting closer and closer still trying to figure out if I wanted to go to school for an aviation degree and more importantly to get my license. We knew from the outset that Fallout 76 was going to be the centerpiece of Bethesdas big show. Sept. 18, 2019, 1:00 PM PDT. What you need to know to become an aircraft mechanic. In fact, Boeings study laid out that there will be an increase. Since I still had my copy I thought well I'll give it a second chance. It's cool to tell people that you're a pilot or an aircraft mechanic or an engineer. Mechanics get to travel sometimes for free! The lessons taught by Stan King changed the path of my life. The only negative Id say is that I did disagree with him on a few issues, but like he says in the book everyones situation is different. Aircraft maintenance is not for everyone. It will probably save you some time instead of trying to randomly find stuff on the internet. The job outlook for aircraft mechanics is positive, with a projected 6% growth in employment from 2018 to 2028. Their average salary can depend on their geographic location, training, professional experience and employer. I have read a lot of articles and blogs about aircraft mechanics without much luck finding any useful info. How is Badminton Unlike Other Racquet Sports. If you don't know what an A&P instructor is, they're the guys (and gals) that teach you how to get the aviation license called an A&P license. Still, I give it five stars all the way. This video comes with the book and let's you see real aircraft mechanics and you get to see the types of jobs you will be doing. Spartan Colleges program coversMaintenance Human Factorsthat affect the working environment and covers the common causes that lead to human errors in the aviation industry. There are a bunch of mechanic jobs out there but you cant just go and get one. On the pro side, it is a well-paying job with good benefits. If you are well-suited to an active role that uses both your brain and your body, necessarily have to be a mechanic on someone's staff, . If you have any questions or would like to learn more about training to become an, at Spartan College, you can find out more on our. Every day people just like you are making money in the field of aviation. Another is that it can be difficult to find full-time employment as an aircraft mechanic, since there are relatively few airlines and other companies that operate their own fleets of aircraft. Travel as we know it would grind to a halt without the work that aviation mechanics do. I was stuck at a dead-end minimum wage crappy job and got this book hoping it would get me somewhere I could make some real money. Most people want to because of the money. this book gave me the info I needed or I would not no what to do. I just received the Aircraft Mechanic around 3 days ago and I have to say that I couldn't put it down until I was finished reading every chapter. I now know there are ways to make a lot of money and how to do it. Here are some of the things that you need to know about being an aircraft mechanic. I felt the book could be a little longer especially the chapters about the work environment, and the dangers chapter which was one of my favorite chapters. **Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology does not guarantee third-party certifications. I want you to know what it's really like working in aviation. I'm just trying to help you make the right decision about your future. Colleges are businesses. The methods the author gives to skip college and get to the career probably saved me $1,000 of dollars. I think this part of the book is necessary to really appreciate the later chapters. I was almost ready to enroll at a community college to get my A&P license when I found this book and decided to see if it could tell me anything I didn't already know. I want you to know the truth about this career. This literally keeps pilots and passengers safe in the air and can save their lives. The Aircraft Mechanic has given me exactly what i was looking for which was information about what it's like working as an aircraft mechanic, whereas other books I've seen talk about how to work on aircraft. Fact #3: The whole aviation industry is controlled by Greedy corporations. It's very easy to read, contains good real-world examples, and mine came with the "How to get a free A&P license" video. All of that is so true. King has provided a unique book that is long overdue. Fact #6: Most aircraft mechanics think they have a good career because they don't know any better. jQuery(".los-phone").show(); I was always thinking about the money I could make but this book gave me so much to think about. "Playing the hero can escalate the situation rather than helping. Well I guess sometimes things just have to grow on you because as soon as I started reading it again I couldn't believe that I had thrown it away so quick the first time. The hours can also be long and irregular. Most had been pulled in by a college or technical school, and they thought that the career would be much different than it actually is. Sometimes the days can be long, but the other mechanics are friendly and helpful and Im making some really good money. Negatives: I wish it would have been longer, even though there's tons of info in the book. The requirements are prescribed in Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) part 65, Certification: Airmen Other Than Flight Crewmembers, Subpart D - Mechanics. Working on airplanes is my way of being a part of the aviation industry, even though Im not a pilot myself. He also did a great job going over the FAA A&P certificate. Overall an honest and humble look at the career packed with info. There are also many opportunities to travel as an aircraft mechanic, since many airlines have mechanics based all over the world. "Wow, you work on airplanes! On the con side, aircraft mechanics often have to work long hours, weekends, and holidays. 4.5 stars due to some terminology explanations I thought could have been worded better, so 5 stars with rounding. There are a vast range of potential professional paths for anyone who is interested in becoming involved in the aviation industry. I get to work with my hands, fixing and maintaining the machines that allow people to fly. 2023 SPARTAN COLLEGE OF AERONAUTICS AND TECHNOLOGY. * This means that there will be plenty of opportunities for those interested in this field. Admissions 918.831.8688 | Front Desk 918-836-6886, Admissions 303-410-2403 | Front Desk 303-466-1714, Admissions 310-579-9434 | Front Desk 310-337-4444, Admissions 951-228-9918 | Front Desk 951-228-9922, Admissions 918-393-3317 | Front Desk 918-836-6886, if (window.location.href.indexOf("denver") > -1) { var montharray=new Array("January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October","November","December") var day=mydate.getDay() The simple answer is that you can make a lot of money as an aircraft mechanic in certain situations. Do you need a license or some type of certification? I would have paid $1,000 for these books and video if they would have been around before I went to school for my A&P certificate! var mydate=new Date() This puts a few limitations on where mechanics should look for homes after, s are tasked with keeping aircraft safe, there is a lot of pressure and it can move at a fast pace. Successful completion also qualifies you to take the FAA's written, oral, and practical tests for the Mechanic's Certificate. If you like airplanes and want to work on them this book covers all the topics. Certification requirements for taking and passing certification examinations are not controlled by the College, but by outside agencies and are subject to change by the agencies without notice to the College. Its dirty, dangerous work that requires long hours and a lot of physical labor. So why become an aircraft mechanic? the only reason I bought this book was the fact that I'm thinking about going back to school to get my degree in Aviation and and this book was recommended by my friend's brother as he is an aircraft mechanic at a small airport in Washington DC. The video about how to get a free A&P license is great and after reading you will know how the system works and you can save $ by 1) not having to spend all that $ in school and 2) gaining the experience you need while getting your license. As King says "There's more to being an aircraft mechanic than all the money that can be made". Get this if you want a great book about becoming a certified aircraft mechanic. And hes right on the money (no pun intended) with how much you can make in this career. I thought you had to have an A&P before you can get into this career, but that isnt always the case. There is a lot of information in this book, and it really shows what the aviation maintenance industry is like and how to get into it. I don't care what he told you he was coming in for, he will have a whole list of "also's". I've already ordered 2 more copies to give to my younger brothers. In fact every time I try to take something apart I usually end up breaking it or making it worse. But if youre passionate about aviation and working with your hands, then a career as an aircraft mechanic could be a great fit for you. Ive been a mechanic for almost 7 years and even I learned a few things, which surprised me. TheBureau of Labor Statisticsputs it best that aircraft mechanics and technicians often lift heavy objects, handle dangerous chemicals, or operate large power tools. Once you know the truth about this career and the money that can be made, I can almost guarantee that your whole perception of the aviation career field will be turned upside down. If you are planning on jumping into a school for an A&P License because you think it's a wise decision, or because that's what the school has talked you into, think again. Still he does a nice job and you can understand what he's talking about clearly. Other than those minor gripes, the information is pretty solid. It lets you know that being an aircraft mechanic is not that hard, but not always super easy either, but at the same time it can be highly rewarding. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Not everyone working in aviation has a license! This book / course could easily be sold for double the price. I was thinking that being an aircraft mechanic would be something completely different than the way it is described in the book. Eventually I picked it up and started to read and I was quite impressed. Being an aircraft mechanic can be physically demanding. I Hate Being An Aircraft Mechanic. Don't even think about a career in aviation before you read this book. There are many reasons that pursuing training in this field is a smart thing to do. Most aircraft mechanics, whether they acquired a degree or not, will defend their profession because they don't want to admit that they made a mistake. Workers musttake precautions against injuries, such as wearing ear protection and brightly colored vests to ensure that they are seen when working around large aircraft.. I already had ordered a book called The Aviation Mechanic Handbook by Dale Crane, which contains information about actually maintaining aircraft. then this one is the perfect present for every dad, mom, wife, or Aircraft Mechanic husband, it makes the best fathers day, mothers day, student graduate, or reHvacment choice "I Hate Being Sexy But I'm a Aircraft Mechanic" is a great design for work, university, family reunions, or any holiday parties! I constantly recommend this book to others that ask me about my job. At the beginning of my work experience I spent 2 years working retail for Target. For people who enjoy doing work with their hands,training to be anaircraft mechaniccould be ideal. Don't spend your time, money, and energy to get into this career without knowing all of the facts! Because I love flying. It is a highly skilled job that requires a lot of training and experience. Im 21 and have always worked dead end jobs since I graduated high school. The cost for tuition is $30,000 ($6,000 per course), which includes books, materials, tool set and tool box, and 3 FAA written exams. Ive had paychecks that were almost $3,000 for one week. A&P Mechanic / Student, - Rick Marshall, Hawaii Do you really need an A&P License? Well I have been working on cars for 8 years, started with my uncle who was an ASE Master Tech when i was 10 helping in his shop and went from there. An aircraft mechanic, or aircraft maintenance technician, ensures the safety and maintenance of aircraft vehicles such as airplanes and helicopters. From training to be a pilot to becoming an, electronics technician, there are countless ways that a person can become involved with aeronautics. Aircraft mechanics inspect completed work to ensure it meets performance standards and record all maintenance and repair work.

Future Hall Of Fame Wide Receivers, Royal College Of Music Junior Department, Jcpenney Valances Clearance, Eyre Peninsula Tribune Death Notices, Noise Complaint Jefferson County, Articles I

i hate being an aircraft mechanic