Gantt, a member of Bethany Baptist Church in Andalusia, said that talking about Jesus comes as a natural part of her conversations while cooking on social media. below. MyLife is NOT a Consumer Reporting Agency - You may NOT use this information to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, tenancy or any other purpose that would require FCRA compliance. GREAT NEWS! I was blindsided by the evil plans he and his family were conspiring against me, said Brenda. Gantt said several of the young men in the church hadasked her to teach their wives to make biscuits. I had never stayed at a bed and breakfast and wasn't sure that I could be in a house with strangers. Please tell us how to make fried pies. To add a flower, click the Leave a Flower button. cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. The Merrells oldest daughter, Bay, (16), is a majorette with Andalusias Sound Tradition marching band. If you do not know your new account number you can contact. Brenda is now married. In this post, I will guide you through The Ultimate Meal Prep Cookbook. to see who they are and learn about them, based on information from public records and government sources. He taught his family what it meant to live for Jesus and to sacrifice himself for others. He told me that he knew he was that chicken, she said, He knew he was just existing. Experiences and conversations like that one are what make Gannts newfound viral success so importantand that keeps her grounded. You can now call toll free to 1 833-839-6871 or you can order online at brendaganttbook.com. Which memorial do you think is a duplicate of George Gantt (215409293)? Check Full Reputation Profile A lot of people who comment will say that my cooking is great, but my talks about Jesus are the icing on the cake, she said. The Generals Wife: The Final Betrayal is also the story of Brendas survival. I dont want to be too pushy. I figured that would get them off my back. The video was shared thousands of times! Dont forget Big Mamas Macaroni & Cheese! cemeteries found in Andalusia, Covington County, Alabama, USA will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Use the links under See more to quickly search for other people with the same last name in the same cemetery, city, county, etc. My husband was rich and successful; he was a retired major general in the army. Shes a wonderful person., Craig Spurlin, 66, former pastor of Providence Baptist Church in Anniston, died Aug. 2. You are nearing the transfer limit for memorials managed by Find a Grave. Total Net Worth Of Brenda Gantt Learn more about managing a memorial . Old login credentials will no longer work. She still cuts them out with a cut-off Chef Boyardee can she started using right after they married a "prized possession," she said. This cookbook even has a section dedicated to a plethora of southern gravies. But inside theyre dead, theyre lifeless. Stir to combine. Cheryl is a freelance writer and author who also loves to cook. Gantts husband, George, passed away in 2018. This is not unusual; other very successful YouTube chefs have remained out of view, such as the highly popularBinging with Babbish and Chef Johnfrom Food Wishes and Allrecipes fame. I figured that would get them off my back. The video was shared thousands of times! You can customize the cemeteries you volunteer for by selecting or deselecting below. I love exploring new foods and recipes and cooking with friends and, Spread the loveHi, I am Chef Zara. At suppertime, youd eat what was leftover along with a big pot of coffee. After hearing Gantt on the video, he called his mother and then his fianc and told them they were going to start going to church and Bible study. And, of course, more personal stories. After 25 years of faithful and dedicated service to the people of the State of Alabama, George retired as the Chief and Director of the Law Enforcement Division of the ABC Board. They were moist and tender on the inside, with nice browning on the top. We married in 1968. I took the extra step to brush some melted butter over the top to give them a bit of color. I made sure to follow each and every step exactly as Brenda demonstrated (To avoid total failure on my part, I did hunt down the actual measurements from another site). or don't show this againI am good at figuring things out. This is a carousel with slides. A big part of the magic of Brenda Gantts cookbook is the personal stories to go along with her recipes. George is survived by his wife of 50 years, and the woman he loved like no other, Brenda Ann Hicks Gantt; his son, Dallas Gantt and his wife, Anna, of Tuscaloosa, Ala., and their two children, Isabella and William; his . One day Id been teaching how to fry fatback and started talking about a headless chicken that lived about 18 months because his heart was somehow still beating. Its been a shock to me, and I know God has a sense of humor. Cooking with Brenda Gantt can be found on Facebook and Instagram please double check your spelling - Gantt is spelled Gantt. All Rights Reserved. Read about a great author called Victoria Rosenthal in our guide on the Fallout Cookbook. gantt george patton (l/e) and gantt, brenda ann (l/e). Brenda Gantts Cookbook. You may not upload any more photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 20 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 5 photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 30 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 15 photos to this memorial. Do Men Still Wear Button Holes At Weddings? People are lonely. Brenda also speaks on the role of simple hobbies in helping one achieve forward motion, something she expresses through her love for activities such as line dancing, gardening, sewing, and drawing. TimesMojo is a social question-and-answer website where you can get all the answers to your questions. They even offered to pay her if she'd give them instructions. Save to an Ancestry Tree, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for pasting or Print. You can always change this later in your Account settings. Andalusia, AL. She promises her followers to teach them how to prepare Americas old times dishes that used to be prepared by their grandmothers. Whether big or small, almost every town has its claim to fame, and Andalusia, Alabama is no exception. Together, they have two children of their own, William and Isabella Gantt. It can be touchy. Please contact Find a Grave at [emailprotected] if you need help resetting your password. I was so excited to cook my first meal as Mrs. George Gantt that I forgot to wash the dirt off the turnip greens. Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person. She is an accidental internet sensation. These were girls 8 to 10 years old, and I gave them each a bowl of flour, tiny black skillets, all the ingredients, she said. The reservoir impounds the Conecuh River, and is approximately 2,700 acres in size with 21 miles of shoreline. We talked about why, and she said her mother would shush her out of the kitchen and not involve her. And apart from the recipes and sharing cooking videos, she runs a bed and breakfast in Andalusia that attracts worldwide visitors who come to have a taste of her delicacies. Year should not be greater than current year. How do you make homemade soap smell good? Both loved antiques and collected them all their lives. I love discovering new food and cooking with friends and family. Other family members and associates include Florene Hicks, Hannah Merrell, Cecil Hicks, Dallas Gantt and George Gantt. Before this video, Brenda had a small following of 500 followers, mostly made up of close relatives and friends. Her granddaughter, Banks Merrell, frequently helps her in the kitchen. She has single handedly run the Coddle House Bed & Breakfast she remodeled with her husband George before his death in 2018. Brother Lawrence Phipps will officiate the ceremony. They dont have Jesus in their hearts, so they arent really living. The man on the phone said that the story stopped him dead-in-his-tracks. Im my own boss, so if I have a hankering to make something I will. For instance, one morning when she wanted hot chocolate; she went live and showed how to do it homemade with real cocoa. Daniels believes Gantts outreach shows what others can do to spread comfort in the middle of a global COVID-19 pandemic and national unrest. Its overwhelming but wonderful., An Early Love of Cooking. What is there to do in Andalusia Alabama? The email does not appear to be a valid email address. Im not on a television show, not on a cooking channel. I also added a teaspoon of salt, as recommended by the site, with the proper measurements. Oh, and Brenda has even included her own artwork! There is a problem with your email/password. Until his death on September 23, 2018, Brenda was married to the love of her life George Gantt, who passed away at the age of 72. An accomplished antiquarian, people often sought his expertise from far and wide. He would always tell me and others he was ashamed of her, and she would have ruined his military career. To expand her audience, Brenda Gantt has started an Instagram handle with similar content to her Facebook page. Even before her newfound fame, the retiree Brenda was not about sitting at home in front of the television as her remaining years passed by. So one Sunday I was going to make biscuits, and I thought, I might as well video this and put it on Facebook and these guys can show their wives, Gantt said. While some might find this odd or confusing, there is a method to Brendas madness. Mine came out looking a bit dryer than Brendas, so I was nervous at first. Brenda Gantt is an Alabama grandma who just so happened to go viral on Facebook for making a video on how to cook biscuits. 258,922 talking about this. She shops for groceries, cooks the food, strips the beds, does the laundry and other chores, spends time with guests and mows the lawn on afternoons when theres no time to rest. In this post, I will guide you through the Modern Freezer Meals Cookbook. Are you sure that you want to remove this flower? Its always about others. Something went wrong. She is a retired school teacher who loves Jesus, hospitality, and cooking! But you can do it the right way. Another phone call came from a man who said she saved his life. Please show us how to cut up a chicken. to see complete work history. We dont get but one life.. I explained that a lot of people were like that headless chicken. For a strong scent, you can add 0.7 ounces of fragrance or essential oil per pound of cold process soap. Thanks for spending your time with us. By using our site, you agree to our use of cookies. Brenda Gantt is a widow and she is married to her love of life George Gantt. Despite its popularity, Gantts show is planned in a very organic way. Website:: https://cookingwithbrendagantt.net/Brendaganttrecipes.comCooking with Brenda Gantt, Andalusia, Alabama."It's gonna be good y'all!"My first cookbook. It is natural soap made with palm oil, palm kernel oil, coconut oil, vegetable based, tallow, water, natural glycerin, corn starch, and natural wildflower scent and a special lotion added to soften dry skin. They even offered to pay her if shed give them instructions. for Brenda Gantt MyLife aggregates publicly available information from government, social, and other sources, plus personal reviews written by others. Search above to list available cemeteries. Brenda Gantt is a retired American teacher who has enjoyed great success in her 70s. Brenda says they were always together and kept a garden as a couple. Being that this was something new to Brenda, she wasnt prepared technologically speaking, and nothing had been e-mailed by that time. Verify and try again. To her surprise, the video gained a massive following and reached 1 million views. She held her phone in one hand and made biscuits in a bowl with the other hand, and then she uploaded that to her Facebook page. The couple were married in 1968 and spent 50 happy years together. Dont put me on a pedestal. I feel like the luckiest woman on earth. Good cooking would not be good cooking without a good story to go with it, and she fills the pages with many. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. The coronavirus pandemic had just begun when Gantt was asked by several church members-mostly young married men- to share with them how to make homemade biscuits. Failed to delete memorial. Gantt came to cooking honestlylearning at the feet of her mother and grandmothers. With viewers from around the world, she exclaims that having someone from Australia ask her, What are grits? can sometimes feel unbelievable. Seven years since her divorce, she has survived two extensive back surgeries and breast cancer in both of her breasts. She had made biscuits for her husband, George, all through their 50 years of marriage, right up until he died in 2018. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/215409293/george-patton-gantt. Subscribe FREE and be the first to get our good news - delivered right to your inbox. Are you adding a grave photo that will fulfill this request? You see, for Brenda, its never about Brenda. Its Gonna Be Good Yallis made up of simple southern recipes created by her grandmother and tweaked by Brenda. After hearing Gantt on the video, he called his mother and then his fianc and told them they were going to start going to church and Bible study. With the help of her son-in-law, she set up a Facebook landing page Cooking with Brenda Gantt and began posting more. The phone was just pointed at the bowl, and I cut out the dough and put them on the pan, she said. Daniels said Gantt gives all glory to God, and directs people to trust and follow the Lord. They had been married for 50 years since tying the knot in 1968. They even offered to pay her if she'd give them instructions. Remove advertising from a memorial by sponsoring it for just $5. Gantt then launched her own Cooking with Brenda Gantt Facebook show, sharing her love of Jesus alongside such favorites as hot-water cornbread, and thereby catapulting online viewership at Bethany Baptist Church, where she attends. U.S., Newspapers.com Marriage Index, 1800s-2020, Thank you for fulfilling this photo request. I love exploring new foods and recipes and cooking with friends, Spread the loveHi, I am Chef Zara. See Are you looking for a recipe for Fried Okra? Oops, we were unable to send the email. They just had the best time., Sharing the cooking experience has always been something Gantt has treasured with her own familywhich consists of grown children Dallas and Hannah, their spouses Anna and Walt, and grandchildren Isabella, William, Bay, Cate, and Banks. I picked up the phone one day and there was a man on the line from Ohio, she recalled. (Photo. In this post, I will guide you through the Brenda Gantt Cookbooks. She says all of her grandchildren love biscuits. They wedded in 1968 and spent 50 years of a happy marriage. Her father Joseph Breckenridge Gantt was a former attorney for the state of Alabama. This is not a cookbook written to compete with the Wolfgang Pucks of the world, but rather one that will bring every type of heart-felt, southern comfort food to you and your family to enjoy for years to come. Ones chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 17. Source: Chris Pruitt / Wikimedia. I told no one about this mans behavior. If you would like to see more cookbook reviews, please sign up for the Bakeaholicmama Newsletter. She is a retired school teacherwho loves Jesus, hospitality, and cooking! The glossy pages of cookbooks make for a wonderful presentation of the recipes and photos, but they do not allow for one important necessity: taking notes. I didnt cook them because I didnt know how to cut two videos together. Despite the amateurish nature of that first video, it garnered an immediate response. As the page grew more than 413,000 people now follow Gantt she said she was as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof because shes not an actress she just loves to cook. It is a family recipe that has been handed down for generations and now they want to share it with you. In this post, I will guide you through the Fallout Cookbook. Failed to report flower. 2023 Birmingham Christian Family Magazine. She has the thick drawl, a smile ear to ear, and infectious energy that one cannot turn away from; she exudes realness in every sense of the word. Lies, betrayals, deceptions, and leading a double life things I found out about after thirty-nine years of marriage. And over the years, Gantt has prepared biscuits in bulk too, ranging from early morning meals for families at her bed-and-breakfast, the Cottle House, all the way to making around 900 biscuits in one day at a fundraiser breakfast at her church. And, of course, Brenda includes some wonderful southern desserts like Chocolate fudge pie and orange slice cake, and each recipe is accompanied by a photo so you can take in all the visual glory before you prepare it. I put it on my personal page and then they could just watch it there, she remembered, laughing. Facebook sweetheart and everyone's favorite grandmother, Brenda Gantt knows gathering around the supper table creates the ultimate togetherness. As is evident in everything Brenda, life is about living each moment to the fullest, most productive, and enjoyable way possible, something she refers to often inLinger Around the Table Yall. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you. His daughter is Isabella Gantt, and his son is William Gantt. Im just a sinner saved by grace, Gantt said. Brenda is known for her charming personality and distinctive style that entertains her audience. His body was going through the motions, but he wasnt really alive. Media ContactCompany Name: Writers BrandingContact Person: Nicole GarciaEmail: Send EmailPhone: 1800 608-6550Address:7 Wrightstown Cookstown Road, Unit 8 City: CookstownState: NJ 08511Country: United StatesWebsite: https://writersbranding.com/. They see a friendly face with a natural faith. Family members linked to this person will appear here. I could have never made it without my faith.. Author Brenda Gantt puts on a brave face as she writes her personal story in The Generals Wife: The Final Betrayal, a book where she confronts the lies and deceptions caused by her husband. I dont really plan on saying a particular thing. And anybody can be creative and use anything to grow the gospel, to advance the kingdom, to inspire people, to connect to people. 2022 - 2023 Times Mojo - All Rights Reserved Take the buttermilk in a separate container. In this post, I will guide you through Freezerfit vs. Family Freezer. Erica was raised in a strict household and was raped in her early teens by a boy she trusted. She still cuts them out with a cut-off Chef Boyardee can she started using right after they married a prized possession, she said. based on information from your browser. She also taught in different schools in Covington County until she retired. Yes, I run The Cottle House in Andalusia, Alabama. She is an internet celebrity and earns massively from her Facebook and YouTube channels. Within a week, the Harwells were buying White Lily flour and giving it a try themselves. George Gantt was born George Patton Gantt on April 6, 1946, to Pollard Revenel Gantt and Edra May Worley Gantt. Before he left, he told me he had been deceptive to me from the day he married me, and he was a rogue. Its not just encouraging people to tune in to worship which is great and were so thankful she makes that stand but in every video, in everything that Brenda does, shes going to be a light for Jesus.. Failed to remove flower. They say that they feel a connection to me and my faith, she said. I love exploring new foods and recipes and cooking with, Spread the loveHi, I am Chef Zara. Hi, I amChef Zara. Flowers added to the memorial appear on the bottom of the memorial or here on the Flowers tab. Photos larger than 8Mb will be reduced. Those interested in getting a copy of The Generals Wife: The Final Betrayal can purchase it atAmazon, Barnes and Noble, orBook Depository. government sources. to see who they are and learn about them, based on information from public records and government sources. To say that he lived what he preached would be an understatement. She goes into the importance of creating and maintaining life-long friendships, as shes done for years through holiday get-togethers with both neighbors and old friends from college. George Gantt was born George Patton Gantt on April 6, 1946, to Pollard Revenel Gantt and Edra May Worley . She shared it with the church members who had requested her recipe, and word quickly spread. They see a friendly face with a natural faith. Its Gonna Be Good Yallhas all that you would expect in a quality cookbook; recipes for appetizers to major dishes and everything in between. While her husband died in 2018, Brenda stressed that she feels sorry for his death and has no ill feelings toward him, as she understood that her husband was mentally imbalanced from dementia. Im just messing up. As shes forming the dough and cutting out the biscuits, she says, I know you all are laughing at this, but thats okay because we all need a good laugh, dont we? They both loved antiques and always collected them. https://www.linkedin.com/in/chef-zara/, Brendas recipes and cooking tutorials are for everyone! Try again. ). As Brenda would say, Its gonna be good, Yall. Within two weeks, it had hit a million views on Facebook. * The other websites referenced on this site are owned and operated by their respective companies, and the associated trademarks and logos are the property of those companies. Learn more in our Privacy Policy. From this marriage, they had two beautiful children, who now have their own families, and they blessed Brenda with five grandchildren. They were such a beautiful and loving couple and spent most of their time with each other. Instead, she prefers just to eyeball them. Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. All photos appear on this tab and here you can update the sort order of photos on memorials you manage. Glad yall are with me this morning in my busy kitchen. Im enjoying the cooking, because I feel like Im helping somebody, and I like that, she said. Skip to main content Home Sadly, he passed away on September 28, 2018, at 72. Since then, she has grown to over 2.5 million followers and millions of views on her videos. After being Honorably Discharged, George began his career in law enforcement as an agent for the Alabama Beverage Control Board. One came from an atheist who said she was drawn to her. After 39 years, however, he would leave her and move in with his ex-wife from 42 years ago. My friends must have shared it with everyone. Reviews help to see possibly who they are and full class lists found from school records and public sources. Brenda has a reported annual income of $80 - 89,999 and a current net worth value of greater than $50,000 - $99,999. I just do videos when I want to, she said. With viewers from around the world, she exclaims that having someone from Australia ask her, What are grits? can sometimes feel unbelievable. , Conecuh National Forest. Try again later. Its a beautiful old 1905 home that we redid and actually moved to our property. Drag images here or select from your computer for George Patton Gantt memorial. And as it turns out, they werent the only ones. Shes received messages, letters, and even phone calls from individualsChristians and non-believerswho said her videos made a difference in their lives. Brenda Gantts first cookbook will include 100 of her favorite recipes along with personal stories, helpful instructions and photos of every recipe. Going to work, having babies, going to parties, going to church. View personal, professional, and Dating reviews for Brenda. The funeral is scheduled for 11 oclock AM on Wednesday, September 26, 2018, at Bethany Baptist Church in Heath, Alabama. On September 23, 2018, Brenda Gantt was widowed when her longtime husband, George Gantt, passed away at the age of 72. It was a shock, she said. Im still in shock. I had double knee surgery, and this man whom I loved and whom I put first in my life was out breaking windows in his car, cursing me, and telling me he was leaving me at 2:30 a.m., shared Brenda. The Surprising Benefits and How To Do It Right. Moreover, he is the son of Edra May Worley and Pollard Revenel Gantt. She lives in Hueytown, Ala. She usually goes live with whatever, Gantts Facebook audience continues to grow, with almost two million follows; most of her cooking videos receive anywhere between five and 20 thousand likes and an almost equal number of shares. Get all latest content delivered to your email a few times a month. People on my page are people in my town and at my church.

Ratter Ending Explained, Articles I

is brenda gantt married