is west milford, nj a good place to live

Ben Garcia (Don Bosco) Fall Yunte Trattner (Ridgewood), 2:33. An uncommonly good place to live. I watch the sun rise, the ducks, the geese, the eagles and the hawks, Ms. Tirado said. Although I think this is a plus, outsiders may be apprehensive - we're in bear country. 18 Niche users give it an average review of 3.3 stars. Walter T. Bergen Middle School (#258 in state), Martin J. Ryerson Middle School (#235 in state), Pearl R. Miller Middle School (#125 in state) are among 4 B+ and higher rated public middle schools in the district. Should I buy a house in West Milford, NJ? It is diverse,. Current Resident: What I like about Wanaque is how peaceful it usually is. I love it Read 18 reviews. Vincent Paino (St Joseph) Dec Jason Athey (Pope John), 6-2. Diversity within Woodland is great, there is a greater white population, however, there is a good amount of diversity within the town. While the scores are by no means perfect, they are a good indicator for "stuff to do" around those places. Although very small in comparison to neighboring towns, Little Falls has provided me with a tremendous childhood.. Senior: Prep, similar to other all-boy Prep schools wants to provide a facade to all of those applying. Don Bosco and Pope John each had two gold medalists, while Newton's Thaylor Sibblies won Most Outstanding Wrestler for his title run at 157. From me the minute we walked into the door to the second we step out of it, we are conditioned to understand that we are scholars. Best Places to Live in West Milford, New Jersey National center - Southeast corner of New York State, at mouth of Hudson River. Based on the housing stock, population density, and the proximity of amenities of the area. Featured Review: Current Resident says Great town too live in! West Milford is one of the best places you can live in NJ the homes here are way more affordable then most of north Jersey and people here are very friendly the nature here is great West Milford is great for lakes hiking and nature lovers but the only problem about living in West Milford is your far from everything and there is not a lot of It's a quiet town..too quiet.. Bar tenders mix up some great cocktails and the atmosphere is warm and relaxed. The taxes may be higher than some but the people here are so inclusive and there are many ways to get included in the community. Broadband internet connection options in West Milford, NJ include wireline, Cable Modem-DOCSIS1,1.1, and 2.0, VDSL, terrestrial fixed wireless, Asymmetrical xDSL, satellite, fiber, and DOCSIS from 12 different providers. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text. The public schooling they provide is great, from free pre-k to middle school. For young families there are plenty of options for childcare in West Orange, NJ, including Livingston's Little Learners, Pampered Child Nursery School, Little Puppets Child Care, and Future of New Life. (7) Luca Toriello (Butler) Dec (10) Xavier Delgado (Ramsey), 9-5. Starting in 1972, visitors could drive through the 800-acre property and see lions, rhinos, zebras, baboons and other animals roaming free. The inventory of homes for sale has fallen significantly from prepandemic levels. National center - Southeast corner of New York State, at mouth of Hudson River. (10) Tyler Duffy (Pascack Hills) Dec (7) Laith Ahmad (Wayne Hills), 10-1. Several factors can influence the choice of place such as demographics, nearby schools, amenities, local community, and more. 37 Niche users give it an average review of 4.5 stars. 186 Niche users give it an average review of 4.2 stars. The West Milford Township School District serves about 3,100 students. The taxes may be higher than some but the people here are so inclusive and there are many ways to get included in the community. 150 pounds: Ben Garcia (Don Bosco) Dec Frank DiBella (St Joseph), 5-0. Sprawling over 75 square miles in northwest Passaic County, about 40 miles from Times Square, West Milford offers abundant lakes and open spaces, including Abram S. Hewitt State Forest, Apshawa Preserve and parts of Wawayanda State Park and Norvin Green State Forest. (5) Christian Fojon (Ramsey) Dec (10) Matt Robertelli (Don Bosco), 6-0. Yannis Charles (St Joseph) Fall Brady Dransfield (Indian Hills), 3:57. My teachers as well as my school has taught me that I can achieve greatness no matter my academic performance or my physical capabilities, greatness resides in your imagination and when you do, you unconsciously surround yourself with greatness and it will follow you as long as you are open minded Read 33 reviews. A mid-September check of the Garden State Multiple Listing Service found 105 listings, from a two-bedroom log cabin listed for $79,000 to a seven-bedroom colonial on 14 acres listed for $1.4 million. 2023 San Francisco Association of Realtors. Follow along all weekend with live results from the Region 1 meet at West Milford High School. I was raised in West Milford from 1960 to 1975Simply put? Most errands require a car. Theres always something to see in West Milford the beautiful landscapes of mountains and lakes, or a bobcat in your yard, Mr. Zayat said. (2) Jake Holly (Pope John) Fall (12) Dylan Biegel (Pascack Valley), 1:09. Where would your friends and family park when they come to visit you? Its largest body of water is Greenwood Lake, which straddles the New Jersey-New York border. Read 24 reviews. Come check us out! 436 of 647. Many teachers have told me it has a lot to do with the standardized testing and how it is not geared towards a diverse population. 120 pounds: Sowzrawca Tsay (Wayne Hills) Dec Nick Clayton (High Point), 6-5. Michael Dellagatta (St Joseph) Tec-Fall Tucker Lockburner (Kittatinny), 5:15, 21-6. Compare Hospitals Spine in West Milford, NJ. But, overall it's a cute small town prefect for starting a family. Read 35 reviews. Looks like you're new here. Because of the townships size, generally you dont go out of your house and walk to the center of town, Ms. Gaffney said. The district has six elementary schools; Macopin Middle School for seventh and eighth grades; West Milford High School for ninth through 12th grades; and Highlander Academy School for high school-level special-education students. The definition of a good school can vary depending on what people are looking for - some might be interested in schools which have great sports programs, while others might be looking at schools that are better at preparing kids for higher education. I am from Bergen County and owned a single family home there for 25 years (talk about taxes! Everyone is always willing to help. (2) Ryan Langenmayr (Lakeland) Fall Amir Algabyali (Northern Highlands), 1:53. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text, Best Places for Young Professionals in America, Best Places to Raise a Family in New Jersey, Most Diverse Places to Live in New Jersey, Best Places for Young Professionals in New Jersey, Best Places to Raise a Family in Passaic County, Most Diverse Places to Live in Passaic County, Best Places for Young Professionals in Passaic County, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. North Haledon is too fancy and Paterson is okay, but Haledon is where the hills are! Jake Wacha (Pascack Hills) Fall Sean Walker (Lakeland), 5:38. Proximity to good daycare centres is extremely important, especially if the parents have a full-time job. Barbara and Peter Tirado spent 37 years in Queens, but when their daughter married and moved to New Jersey, they decided to follow her across the Hudson River. 113 pounds: Dalton Webber (Pope John) Dec Devin Ryan (New Milford), 5-1. There are also many shops that sell many items from electronics,. Current Resident: A hometown native, Paterson is a fast- paced and busy city that always has events and activities for the children; from back to school events to fairs to movie nights in the park. #11 Best Places to Live in Passaic County. I LOVED it there, and i still doand there was a lot less to do there then now, but, not a whole lot more! James Sloan (St Joseph) Dec Jerzey Ryan (New Milford), 5-2. West Milford Township is located in New Jersey with a population of 25,014. Not only does this town have a great school system, but the residents are always smiling and have a positive attitude. However, it is a great and safe location to raise your family. The town committee needs to be voted out. At the same time, a neighborhood with low home sales, in spite of getting listed on the market could indicate that current residents are looking to move out. Justin Holly (Pope John) Dec Andrew Knutelsky (Kittatinny), 7-2. Prep is better with a warm and welcoming environment. Listing information is being provided by the BAREIS Inc., MLS. We are about a half an hour away from everything. Niche ranks thousands of places to live based on key statistics from the U.S. Census and expert insights. My daughter feels encouraged and looks forward to going to school. Proximity to urgent care centers such as Livingston Technologies See C-3805 Number 1 St Barnab, Integral Urgent Care Alpha, and Kessler Institute For Rehabilitation is also a plus. It was my choice to move here, knowing the taxes are high, so I shouldn't complain but complain I will! Joey Rondinelli (Don Bosco) Dec Jack Nauta (Pope John), 7-1. That could mean that the homeowners association might not be the most adjusting. 138 pounds: Michael Melillo (Newton) Dec Christian Fojon (Ramsey), OT 4-3. Discover the schools, companies, and neighborhoods that are right for you. Dalton Webber (Pope John) Fall Charles Shaddow (Ridgewood), 3:06. Shops, restaurants and three shopping centers are largely concentrated along busy Union Valley Road, south of Greenwood Lake. That could mean that the homeowners association might not be the most adjusting. Princeton and its environs have so many great options of schools, however, no other school, in my. Current Resident: I've lived in Hawthorne for over 20 years. Houses are a bit closer together than towns in Bergen county, but that means less lawn to cut! No crime happening here, just in New York or outside Passaic County. Read 42 reviews. What are the public transit options in West Milford? I do not know a lot of people in the town, but there are friendly people there. The nearby elementary school, middle school and high school quality ratings from Niche are very similar. Whats better than being out in the woods or on a lakefront?, Many sales were for second homes, Mr. Werner said: With Covid, a lot of people arent getting on planes for vacation. If you have children and desire a consistent school experience as they grow up, this neighborhood may be a good place to plant long-term roots. We cannot find any nearby public transit options for West Milford. (6) Aidan Dugan (Westwood) Fall (11) Brayden Nolan (Newton), 1:59. Stonybrook School (#230 in state) is among 2 A+/A/A- rated public elementary schools in the district. Robert Ekins (Don Bosco) Dec Luca Toriello (Butler), 6-2. All rights reserved. Plenty of beaches and lakes to relax on as well. I live near a pond where there is a basketball court and people are allowed to fish The river of beer is my favorite spot to hang out at, the walgreens is in a convenient. Current Resident: I love Clifton. Philadelphia Trip! Zip Codes: No Zip Codes Here. There are a few parks and playgrounds in West Orange, NJ, including Nishuane Park, Mountain Top League, and O'Connor Park. Information provided is for personal, non-commercial use by a viewer with a bona fide interest in the purchase or sale of real estate of the type being offered via this website or other electronic means. Read 35 reviews. Explore the best places to live in the U.S. based on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. West Milford Township is located in New Jersey with a population of 25,014. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Current Resident: I love Wayne! Small town with a lot of people. Ray Kohan (Pascack Valley) Fall Jake Gray (Northern Highlands), 1:34. Fresh, delicious, good portions, and can always depend on the quality. #1 Best Places to Live in Passaic County. Louden Mazzeo (Emerson/Park Ridge) Fall Fares Daraghmeh (Pascack Hills), 2:31. The viewer acknowledges ownership and validity of its copyright. New Jersey Transit runs buses to Manhattan from the West Milford park-and-ride lot on Greenwood Lake Turnpike. Listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. #2 Best Places to Live in Passaic County. 2. Jason Athey (Pope John) Maj-Dec Anthony Cadicina (Ramsey), 13-0. My only complain is that their are too many police patrolling main street giving out tickets for people who are going a few miles over the speed limit. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. (10) Brady Dransfield (Indian Hills) Dec (7) Christian Gould (Jefferson), 6-3. Before you even start your home buying search, youd want to know which area to move to. They have up-to-date technology and I feel that for this reason my daughter is advanced with her computer skills. ); however, I own a townhome here and pay close to the same amount of taxes. Looks like you're new here. (8) Fares Daraghmeh (Pascack Hills) Fall (9) Ryan Sullivan (Old Tappan), 1:48. 44. I've lived here almost 18 years. Also, if you have an electric vehicle and are looking for homes near electric-vehicle charging stations, this neighborhood might be a good fit. If you have children or plan on having in the future, checking out the nearby schools and their ratings is a good idea. Featured Review: Current Resident says I moved to West Milford 2 years ago. We get a lot of snow days/early dismissals so it is important to have backup childcare and a car with AWD. If you get "bored" as some reviewers have stated then you're not walking out your front door! Ryan Langenmayr (Lakeland) Dec Arben Silvestro (Manchester), 4-1. Otherwise, people are friendly, plenty of restaurants etc., nature is gorgeousif you don't like beautiful natural surroundings this isn't the place for you! Popular eating and drinking establishments include Lucs on the Lake, Ralph Spice, Marios Deli, Grasshopper Irish Pub and the Vreeland Store. Home Our Community Amenities for Recreation Recreation and Activities Becoming an Owner . 132 pounds: Jack Nauta (Pope John) Dec Ryan Hartung (New Milford), SV 3-2. Centrally located I feel. Featured Review: Current Resident says Woodland Park is a small town within Passaic County of New Jersey. Mateo Sgambellone (St Joseph) Dec Christian Fojon (Ramsey), 8-3. Taxes are still reasonable (for NJ), and I don't feel like I am being punished for choosing to remain inA few things I would change are: restrict overnight parking on roads, mandatory odd/even on road parking (to alleviate road cleaning during winter), add speed bumps to roads to discourage the. Current Resident: overall I love it here! There is a deli or 2 on the hill I believe but at the very. Current Resident: I had lived here for a while and it is very nice. A good internet and broadband connection is a must-have, whether you work from home or not. Listing Courtesy of: CRMLS_CA. It's a great place. Current Resident: I moved to West Milford 2 years ago. The Broker/Agent providing the information contained herein may or may not have been the Listing and/or Selling Agent. West Milford is a beautiful and vast town nestled in the woodlands and mountains of Northern New Jersey. I love seeing them (from a distance)! Best Places to Live in New Jersey. I have made some of my greatest friends here whom I have a bond with that is unbreakable. What kind of Chamber of Commerce denies ANY tax revenue or new business in this highly taxed borough (the commercial ratables are near nil, so the homeowners pay majority of taxes) which sports two antiquated, half-empty shopping centers that are near the end of their lifespans - in a borough with a non-existent 'town center' - with NO apartment housing, nor senior living. For households with kids, accessibility to nearby parks, playgrounds, daycare centers as well as highly-rated preschools is key. Brokerage services provided by TPH ZeroDown Brokerage, Inc. in CA, TPH ZeroDown Brokerage TX LLC in TX, and TPH ZeroDown Brokerage LLC in all other states. FULL COVERAGE:Analysis, results from the region wrestling championships in NJ. (3) Ryan Hartung (New Milford) Fall (12) Gino Gorga (Ramapo), 3:35. Featured Review: Current Resident says overall I love it here! See all. Millburn Middle School (#11 in metro), Heritage Middle School (#16 in metro), Mount Pleasant Middle School (#23 in metro) are among 4 A+/A rated public middle schools in the district. It's more of a retreat than a residency. If youre considering moving to West Orange, NJ, there are several ways for you to identify if West Orange is a good fit for you. 333 Niche users give it an average review of 2.9 stars. A high percentage of homes sold in the past say, 5 years could indicate that its an up and coming neighborhood with people looking to settle here. Featured Review: Current Resident says I love Wayne! 102 Niche users give it an average review of 3.4 stars. My sister moved out of west milford. Buyers are responsible for verifying the accuracy of all information and should investigate the data themselves or retain appropriate professionals. 35 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. Dannys pizza has some of the best pizza I have ever had. Butler High School (#259 in state), Kinnelon High School (#118 in state), Lakeland Regional High School (#198 in state) are among 4 C and higher rated public high schools in the district. Haledon doesn't have a park, but there's grocery stores like ShopRite and Walgreen's nearby. While some home buyers might want a walkable city that offers ample things to do closer to where they live, others might prefer the suburbs with their tranquil streets, peace and quiet, and proximity to open spaces and nature. ); however, I own a townhome here and pay close to the same amount of taxes. Home Our Community Amenities for Recreation Recreation and Activities Becoming an Owner . If youre considering moving to West Milford, NJ, there are several ways for you to identify if West Milford is a good fit for you. There are currently no homes for sale in West Milford. Ryan Burton (St Joseph) Fall Sebastian Gomez (Sparta), 1:38. Having a high walk score means that there are a lot of places nearby like stores, restaurants, coffee shops, schools, and more. Jimmy Dolan (Pequannock) Fall Guy Oelsner (Tenafly), 4:34. It reminded them of a second home they had once owned in Vermont. Featured Review: Current Resident says Everyone is friendly, there's no litter nor trash everywhere, and we're a dog community. The teachers are involved and helpful. That year, one visitor made the mistake of opening his car window and was mauled by a lion, and there were occasional reports of escaped peacocks and wolves in the township. The weather is great all year around. There is a deli or 2 on the hill I believe but at the very bottom is dunkin donuts, a very cute diner, chase bank on the strip as well as Rite aid and everything you need & we have a park just a minute away! The weather is great all year around. Wild animals once roamed the woods of West Milford, in the Warner Bros. safari park known as Jungle Habitat. Alejandro Camarena (Pascack Hills) Maj-Dec Brody Guerra (Newton), 9-0. Please. (10) Matthew Mertz (Dumont) Dec (7) Daniel Olivo (Old Tappan), 6-4. We cannot find nearby things to do for West Milford. Philadelphia Trip! West Milford's main attraction are its large expanses of undeveloped watershed, reservoirs, mountains and lakes - permanently protected open space that takes up nearly 2/3 of the entire township! I love everything about living here except for the taxes! Property Information 2023 MLSListings Inc. All rights reserved. Also, if you have an electric vehicle and are looking for homes near electric-vehicle charging stations, this neighborhood might be a good fit. The Castle at Skylands Manor. There are bunch of young families & couples that have moved into town ourselves included. For weekly email updates on residential real estate news, sign up here. Read 333 reviews. Aidan Schlett (St Joseph) Fall Cardin Madry (Pope John), 2:38. Although it drew hundreds of thousands of visitors a year, the theme park was unprofitable, and Warner Bros. shut it down in 1976. 120 pounds: Santino Rodriguez (Don Bosco) Dec Vincent Paino (St Joseph), 3-1. What are the public transit options in West Orange? I live towards the Montclair heights area and the homes here are beautiful, neighbors are very friendly and we have our choice of shops, restaurants, cafes and groceries. I love it the only thing is why dont they put a traffic light when you are coming off of Macopin Road on to Union Valley . Proximity to urgent care centers such as Livingston Technologies See C-3805 Number 1 St Barnab, Integral Urgent Care Alpha, and Kessler Institute For Rehabilitation is also a plus. Don . Provides auto-suggestions when entering text, #10 Best Places to Live in Passaic County, #11 Best Places to Live in Passaic County, #12 Best Places to Live in Passaic County, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. #3 Best Places to Live in Passaic County. Its so peaceful. 30F Concord Rd Unit F, West Milford Twp., NJ 07480-1280. I moved here about 5 years ago. We get all 4 seasons and are located nearby to some of the best beaches. 106 pounds: Jake Holly (Pope John) Maj-Dec Anthony Lavezzola (Westwood), 8-0. (4) Jake Wacha (Pascack Hills) Fall (12) Anthony Petrock (Sparta), 1:56. 51 ROCKY POINT ROAD | A three-bedroom, three-and-a-half-bathroom house, built in 1954 on 0.61 acres, listed for $1.299 million. I personally do not have any children, but I believe it is awesome that the community engages its youth in productivity and fun instead of the youth engaging into activities that can potentially get them in trouble.

Its A Girl Cigars Swisher Sweets, Car Accident Weston, Ma Today, Deaths In Mexia, Tx, John Michael Higgins Family, Made In Usa Silicone Stretch Lids, Articles I

is west milford, nj a good place to live