I still believe I was subjected to Agent Orange. I filed a claim with VA and was turned down. My husband did three tours in Vietnam on the USS Chowanoc. Woo hoo! A solution by Congress may be the best approach, some attorneys and veterans advocates say. Will she possibly be eligible for benefits of the new changes? Good luck and God bless you. Id contact the VA and find out where to file to start receiving widow benefits. I have applied for agent orange compensation nearly two years ago. My dad died of cancer and I RECEIVED NO BENEFITS from the VA as i am my dad only survivor. We flew into areas that had been sprayed with agent orange. Then was told, it was not caused by agent orange by the V A Doctor at Seattle. My faith in the VA got a big boost by the quick response to my initial application. But we did. Aside thought it would go away as it did some times at night after battle .talk to me V A . He saw active duty the entire tour. I have tinnitus and PTSD and it have being not approve my claim., for those. My brother in law, a brother since I was little, proud marine, two tours Vietnam, didnt see his first born until she was six months old, died recently of a heart attack brought on by extreme pain and after suffering for years with a brain deteriorating disease caused by AGENT ORANGE. My father served in the U .S. Skinner said the denial was frustrating. My regret is that he was not told what could happen and suggest test to be done Secondly we need to know more about the genetic changes. Chronic B-Cell Leukemia Veterans who served in Thailand have long contended they face a higher bar in winning Veterans Administration (VA) disability benefits claims, having to clearly demonstrate they were exposed to Agent Orange or other harmful herbicides while their fellow veterans enjoy a presumption that they were exposed. Typically, the VA looks for evidence of duty near base perimeters or fence lines to establish herbicide exposure. I had 2 children die at full term due to birth defects, I believe to be related to Agent Orange exposure in Vietnam My oldest son has a rare bone issue untreatable, I believe due to Agent Orange! When I applied I was surprised and impressed that a reviewer responded with some questions within days and I provided some more documentation. I filed for agent orange exposure I have been diagnosed by my Doctor with peripheral neuropathy and stinging and tingling in my extremities. Catch 22! I remember those days. Loaded what ever in all kinds of airplanes. Try getting your money back on any of this. If you did not file a claim in 2010, you need to file a claim for disability benefits. Just my own opinion, I have all but given up even trying. I also came back to Vietnam as Is blue water navy on the USS st. Louis. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. Air Force worked in air freight. March 3 (UPI) -- A former U.S. soldier was sentenced to 45 years in prison Friday for planning a deadly ambush on members of his military unit. He was 32 years old when he died and left me with our two children, Colleen, 4 1/2 and John, 15 months old. Given the ventilation systems used, any contamination that became airborne was pumped into the ships. I hope this article doesnt give people false hope. Good luck! The longer they can lie and deny the more they save. They call me to cancel an appt. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. Google Okinawa and Agent Orange. She doesnt know war battles,,you just cant stop. We feel your pain, we also got no benefits for a funeral when my father in law died from Agent Orange. I was selected to be on the team that modified one F111A from a fighter into a high tech wicked cool jamming device the EF-111-A. Lawyers come in hot and fade like smoke on the wind after being stalled for so long by the VA. and later contacted them by sending all the paperwork Otherwise, I would be working myself until I died. Bustamante, who served in the Marines with my husband stateside during the VietNam years. When I put in a claim for the Agent Orange ( had a daughter that nearly died from a heart condition and a son 3 years later died of heart complications) were totally denied! I also was in nam 2 clicks s of dmz and was found to have bladder cancer in 06 filed a claim in 12 now a new claim this past March I heard they will go back 12 on payment is that true Don. He had me late in life . What about me!!! This is a list of the first names of men from the 14th Combat Engineers who died in 1968. One Veteran is same as the next, if they were contaminated and prove it, they should get help. You wrote an exact copy of what happened to me!! Shannon Brewer, Senior Attorney Updated: August 12, 2013. Ten have them Submit another claim for you. Drink eat and shower in agent orange in the Tonkin Gulf. Very same happened to me. I find.your comment of interest as I just had spinal surgery three weeks ago (Lumbar Laminotomy L2-L5). This can never happen again! Submit the claim I wish I live near you so we help each other out to ease the stress! I send my prayers to you during this difficult time. Usually CML effects much older people not the very young. He has to apply and use a catheter twice a day, something he expects to do for the rest of his life. Hoping the VA will do it know. Turner hassupported similar legislationin the past. I have heard nothing since. We are effectively ignored by the VA. The name Robert Bustamante appears in several states. A two-year investigation (2018- 2019) by DoD found no use, storage or transport of Agent Orange or other tactical herbicides in Guam, Okinawa, Panama, or a number of other countries where there had been speculation of use. My submitted medical paperwork included my Bladder Cancer, but I was told it could not be included with my Prostate Cancer claim because it was on the list for approval, but had not been approved. Sure was glad to see your comment! Every vet who was there deserves aid. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites. My belief is that ANYONE with a specific injury like yours, or ANYONE who served at least 6 months in a COMBAT zone should receive 100% compensation and completely eliminate the VA intake center employee jobs to fund those payments. God help us! . It took a period of time because, at that time a US Navy Viet Nam veteran had to prove in country service connection. Try to have ALL documents needed for the claim and include docs from research papers on UNDIAGNOSED ILLNESSES IN THE GULF as well as docs on presumptive Diseases from GWI(gulf war illnesses). The representative we now have is efficient and helpful. Secure .gov websites use HTTPS To this day I have Hypothyroidism and asthma which are two of the side effects in children whos parent was exposed to Agent Orange. Please switch auto forms mode to off. I was exposes to the toxic water, ( when I say exposed, I mean drinking, cooking and bathing in it) and developed hypothyroidism in my mid 40s. I got nothing for that. I am disappointed ive been fighting for my dad benefits only to be told no one can help me. Everyone that was on the bases would have been in the spray zone for the herbicides, Flodder said. He said he worked in areas close to base fencelines and perimeters, sometimes chaining down jets to run the engines, which would actually kick up dust and dirt everywhere around the aircraft.. Medic/ O.R. Form or find a support group to work together in filing claims. Our son was conceived on that base. Thank you for your service!!!! He was in Korea 6 mos after the presumptive tome of exposure to agent Orange. Judy, I need help! The neuropathy is in my feet, legs and hands. If you were denied they will contact you, you do not need to submit another claim. As some Thailand veterans see it, the VA places an undue burden of proof on them to demonstrate they were harmed by Agent Orange, in some cases asking for photographs or other evidence of physical proximity to harmful herbicides. Id be contacting your advocate asap and get your claim going! WHY ?? Why? Knowing the approximate age of Robert will eliminate some of the other Roberts. Who has those, certainly not the individual service person. VAs review supports initiation of rulemaking to address the role that particulate matter pollution plays in generating chronic respiratory conditions, which may include asthma, rhinitis and sinusitis for Veterans who served in the Southwest Asia theater of operations during the Persian Gulf War and/or after September 19, 2001, or in Afghanistan and Uzbekistan during the Persian Gulf War. Parkinsons? Were they ever exposed to AO? A grateful nationmy ass. We thought it was fire but no burn marks? For the last 24 years, I have been trying to tell the VA that my Hypothyroidism [Graves Disease] is a result of my two years in daNam: Vung Tau, Lai Khe, TDYs to parts unknown, and lastly Saigon. Office of Accountability & Whistleblower Protection, Training - Exposure - Experience (TEE) Tournament, Military Exposure Related Health Concerns, War Related Illness & Injury Study Center, Clinical Trainees (Academic Affiliations), benefits related to Agent Orange exposure, Call TTY if you This country was sprayed with agent orange. Ive literally suffered for over 40 years with serious digestive problems, heart & breathing problems. If these conditions are presumptively associated with exposure to Agent Orange, why does the VA take forever to settle claims? Yeah as a BT many times the Asbestos dust was floating like a fog. The VA even treats me for it but how do I get a claim approved? We all know agent orange has a major affect on the respiratory system the could lead to COPD, Was on duty there when Hurricane Camille hit Gulfport, MS and was deployed down there for rescue and recovery. The administration has known for years agent orange was killing VN vets. that rating. Contact a VSO at VA.GOV. We filed a claim 2 years ago and recently received a denial. I served in Vietnam in Long Binh and Saigon area from Nov 1966 thru Oct 1967 in the Army and had Agent Orange sprayed me many times. It was like a checklist of everywhere I went through Iraq and Afghanistan. Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma im sure he falls in this category relating to his death. He got a double whammy being a Vietnam vets son and then whatever was going on with the poison that was Anniston, good ol Monsanto strikes again :-( And of course, we never knew about that until it was decades too late. As a 30 year retired United States Air Force Disabled Veteran, I have prayed for this day to come. I was in Vietnam during the year 1970. Go to nearest VA facility and get registered with VA Health, find a VSO and he/she will fill out the necessary papers for you. Where does that leave his claim? My husband is 100% disabled due to Agent Orange exposure from Vietnam tour. Be Well, Steve. 5/60, 3/60. 100 percent service connected. Its on the VAs own list of bases. I guess the VA is waiting for me to check out completely. What about soldiers who served in Vietnam AND South Korea both of which resorted in exposure to Agent Orange? I knew there had been studies done on this connection and applied. I have had experiences with the VA similar to yours. I already lost my prostate over this. I assume you served in Vietnam, You need to have them check you for Parkinsons disease. How did you find proof that the chemicals you mentioned can cause Scleroderma. These vets didnt decide to go to war with Vietnam they didnt decide anything except to answer the call of duty to their country. Most counties have at least one. The Secretary recently concluded the first iteration of a newly formed internal VA process to review scientific evidence to support rulemaking, resulting in the recommendation to consider creation of new presumptions of service connection for respiratory conditions based on VAs evaluation of a National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine report and other evidence. go to a VA clinic or hospital and get registered with the VA Health System. That presumption has been expanded to blue-water Navy veterans. My husband Was in Korea in 1973 and 1974. Your Vet must reapply or up dating his File with new conditions ,etc.to get higher rating and more benefits such as nursing home , etc.also you as his caregiver you can register with VA caregiver support Orgonization to become his sole caregiver at home then you may be able to quality for compensation as well. What about bases here in the states that stored or disposed of barrels of Agent Orange, like Camp Pendleton? Its the birth defects given to the children of the veterans. Is someone here have the truth? Good luck. I have applied several times for benefits associated with bladder cancer and prostate cancer that I canttaccontracted in Korea in 1968 -69. There was a lot of Agent Orange used in the area. I marked it off and put in my Training Jacket. My husband served in Viet Nam and has several disabilities related to agent orange. March 3 (UPI) -- A Haitian migrant was found unresponsive aboard a U.S. Coast Guard cutter and pronounced dead after the Coast Guard stopped a vessel carrying 54 migrants off the coast of Florida. My husband was diagnosed with bladder cancer 3 years ago. He has a number of health issues. My husband died of stomach cancer, had hashimotos disease etc. Hey Angel, Im in the same boat Vietnam 68-69.. 50% disability for same disabilities. Will his claim be reviewed now in light of the new findings? Im his daughter I was born in 1964 and I have Parkinsons and dystonia and other nurogical problems, and a brain DBS implant, all because of Dystonia, these diseases do not run in either side of my familys. What do I do now? The V.A. VA says Prove it. I have had my thyroid removed due to thyroid cancer and served in Vietnam Nam from 67 to 68. I hear you my brother Vietnam vet recently died two tours Vietnam suffered with brain disease, I see some talking months of waiting, Im talking decades he waited, working yes but suffering, wife and family suffering. The VA told him he didnt need to file a claim because it wasnt covered. My husband is a Vietnam vet and has Scleroderma. Tell your Primary you need to see a Neurologist. See my reply to Paula where I mention the DNA effects that can be inherited by our children born after the exposure. He filed a claim but died before the VA completed his claim. A doctor returned my call. 2. My late husband was a mess sergeant and somehow field combat training. Praying this morning for you and your family. And I wanted to try to talk to him, Ellen Spinks. A Guide to Strengthening Your Thailand Agent Orange Exposure Claim Edward M. Farmer is a U.S. Army veteran and an attorney. Please help me for my husband & that was in Vietnam around the Agent Orange. When I put in for it in Topeka Kansas I was told I could not collect until the Navies law suit was completely processed. Good luck to you. This condition, nor the degenerative joint disease I am dealing with, is covered as presumptive by the VA for the Camp Lejeune water contamination affected veterans. He kept his job until he died. What a VA. I served from 1968-68 with the first Marines . has never reviewed my case as of June 2021. Many other conditions that affect my health from this condition. Thank you for allowing me to vent. I am proud to join Rep. Cartwright in introducing legislation that will ensure our Vietnam War veterans who served in Thailand, Laos and Cambodia receive the care they deserve now, and I urge my colleagues in Congress to work across the aisle to support these men and women who have sacrificed so much for our country," Fitzpatrick said in a statement. My lawyers quit the case. Maybe Ill still be alive! Operation restore democracy in Haiti 1994. Thats what my husband did who has AO related cancer. Markers after three years are good thank goodness. How can I get information sent to me for adding the disability due to Hypothyroidism? Sinus surgery in 1999, again she said no go. Were old news to them, Skinner said of the VA. Arnie Harmon, a Columbus-area veteran who served in Thailand, filed for compensation or a monthly stipend some 15 years ago at the urging of one of his physicians. I need to be working but I cannot! How about the contaminated waters in Fort Dix, No face covering, My husband with Parkinsons worked in torpedo shop in Hawaii cleaning torpedoes with a degreaser for 3 years plus worked on blue water ship for 8 months while it was dry docked, cleaning equipment and cleaning spilled herbicide in bottom of aircraft elevator and on the ships deck. Sudden come down with Hypothyroidism -Hashimotos version With leaky gut! I am a Vietnam vet who is diabetic and I have ischemic heart disease, both of which are presumptive for Vietnam. Veterans who served in Thailand have long contended they face a higher bar in winning Veterans Administration (VA) disability benefits claims, having to clearly demonstrate they were exposed to. It was the best move I could have made. He had prostate cancer. I am a Viet Nam era vet: Denied, Denied and Denied, back pain. I was there for a short period of time. The smell was bad and if you inhaled the spaying compound one would have a hard time breathing. Vietnam, 69 and 70. Just checking. Never! The age group I am in seems to greatly effected with neuropathy and because we are not diabetics, the VA will not consider this ailment as a cause of Agent Orange. i have contacted attorneys to fight for me. I am tired all the time and I beat myself up for being lazy! VA took a leg from him before he died of AO related illnesses related to his time on Guam. Version Date: 8/11/22 . The planes were routinely decontaminated after they landed on the carriers. Its about time! Be aware (request a copy) of your DBQ exam as I did mine and one of the examiners did not completely fill out the questions that were asked of her and for some reason referred to me as a STREET PERSON, get a copy ASAP so that you will know what they said, its in your best interest. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Dont give up! I served both in the field and in Saigon. As a disabled Veteran, Desert Storm era, all i can say is its about damn time!!! We have suffered similar ailments. I am a Vietnam Veteran who, has lived with critical neuropathy after several EMGs. Is anyone else aware of this. So many of these Vietnam era vets have already passed from this BS. My 1st duty station was Task Force Delta as is shown in my records. Hey, they can keep it and put it you know where. What about those of us Vietnam era vets that served on stateside bases such as Ft Gordon ga? Im spending out of pocket about $6,000 to $6,500 a year in medications, he said. This mysterious delay is not helping. My husband died from gastric cancer and according to the appeals board so did many other Viet Nam Vets. Screw the VA and screw the United States. Always wondered if the bullet in his leg had something to do with developing cancer. I had no idea the Government was actually compensating servicemen exposed to such danger. He passed away in 2015 with heart failure and had skin cancer . Its easy. He was in Vietnam in 69 as well. I am not judging your entitlement or claim validity. Make an appointment. Many of the diseases posted by the VA as AO exposure have numerous The process seems so slanted as if to prevent the possibility that higher-ranking people bear the burden of responsibility. I served in Thailand at Uteipio AFB in 1972-1973. I was stationed at Camp Lejune in Feruary 1959.I had a claim filed.Last year In August I had a traumatic brain injury and nearly died twice.While I was rehabilitating from this injury I received a call from the Veterans Administration about my claim.We got into an argument she told me she was also a Marine she was very nasty. But the prospects for those bills is uncertain at this point. Good luck. Agent Orange. If your location and time frame is on the list and you were previously denied disability based on herbicide exposure compensation, you can file a supplemental claim. Way to go VA. What about the troops of 7th Division 2 Battalion 31st Infantry 8th Army sent to the DMZ Korea 1967 thru 68? Vietnam War era Veterans and their survivors who previously filed and were denied benefits for one of these three new presumptive conditions will have their cases automatically reviewed without the need to refile a claim. The examiner at the ba denied my application for the 10 percent increase of my benefits because she said i should have gone to a doctor in the battle field. I was proud to restore many F 111 A fighters environmental systems back to peak efficiency. The only problem is we the wife take care of them but once they pass they give us very little money as surviving spouse . Maybe the mindset at the VA is to defer as long as possible and let time run out for a large number of us. So besides having survived Vietnam, there was Aniston. He was diagnosed with Aphasia in 2011 and became 100% disabled by Feb. 2012. Plus my 37 year old son has a large tumor in his spine! The condition affected my right leg, mostly, causing numbness where I had to rely upon a cane in order to walk. I am now having all kinds of health/medical problems. I feel like Charlie Brown kicking his football and our government is Lucy and like Lucy our government will pull the rug out from all of us. My brother, who was a chopper pilot for the Army in all of the Sand Box regions, has been riddled with cancer for several years now due to benzene and other additives they put in the jet fuel to help make it more stable. Both are tumors in the thyroid caused by AO. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links. I do believe that those who RUN / ruin the VA truly dont care and are pencil pushers who are only there for that government paycheck. Im glad these benefits are being added.

Escape Tv Channel Schedule, Goodwill Tag Sales Calendar, City Of Fontana Public Works Standards, Jackie Gilyard Wife Of Lorenzo, Articles T

thailand agent orange 2021