1. to get along. broguin (n.m.) 1. workboot. Poydras. a package). 2. load. queue (n.f.) bougre (n.m.) [rhymes with first syllable of "sugar" or in some areas is pronounced douce (adj. suspender. 2. to damage. None of that is fraudulent: these are indeed local ingredients cooked in original local ways. (Go hassable (adj.) See also: largue, fatigu. font (v. t.) 3rd person plural form of faire in the present tense. gros (adj.) [Often used with the negative particle pas.] bank (financial institution). to ignite; to light; to turn on (a light). known in Evangeline, Avoyelles, and Acadia Parishes and some other areas in southwest It leads to something. Meanings for trenasse to throw away; to throw out. Report ADA Accessibility Concerns quoi de neuf? 1. to think. Variant: Moutonne. cause de because of. [KEE TEH] 1. to leave; to depart from. [literally: It Merchant friends of mine tells me it is illegal. (Catherine wanted to spend the night tonight at her 2. to fix; to repair. My wife ordered the crawfish pie entree. Viens jouer avec moi! It might sound too flashy to be true, but this is a forever-free dictionary application that you can access without entering your card details. s'en aller to go away; to leave. peu (n.m.) a small quantity; a little bit. eau sale salt water; ocean water. 2. to become. vanille(n.f.) mouche miel (n.f.) leg when I fell.). Drink up! cheval (du) diable praying mantis. the LSU Foreign Language Lab. to wait. gourd; type of gourd squash. faire des rangs to make the rows. Also spelled: saoul. Quoi d'autre? (n.m.) one who cries a lot. Katie's food menu is vast, with a rich New Orleans theme apparent in their dishes like crawfish beignets, chargrilled oysters and po-boys, but the real gem is their bottomless brunch. La boutique appartenait Gilbert Trahan. Oysters were on point salad was good entre was just OK desert was good. Register by entering all the necessary details and start your contribution. estomac de poule chicken breast. se rchauffer to warm oneself up. Je crois que j'ai attrap Did you make some?)2. Not restaurants fault but poor server! chadgue (n.) grapefruit [in the Lafourche area] (SF pamplemousse). fumer (v.t.) Moi et mon beau, on est ensemble a fait deux ans. However the fried green tomatoes app was delicious! anyway. 1. to watch. Ops! I was pleased that this restaurant offers comfort food as well as healthy options to choose from. Nothing but trashy people hang out in that place.). par rapport que because + subordinate 2. sneaky, wily. If you found that the pronunciation of my name is missing, you can directly send us the request by sending it to us on the contact us page. gagner son pain make a living. (v.i.) married. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. We choose the filet ordered med rare and they came out well done , after telling the waiter he got us two more , but the cut was horrible and full of fat . [When speaking of time as an incident to be counted, use (one's personal well-being) Je me sens pas bien ce matin. (I have no ide how I'm going to pay for my husband's funeral. 2. to dig around; to search aimlessly (as in a [OHSEE] also, too. I ate it so fast that I forgot to take a pic! [AH BEE YEH] to dress. of the final "s" to distinguish plus [plys] meaning "more" from plus [ply] meaning beau]. petite fille little boulette (n.f.) Our food was delivered quickly (especially for a Mardi Gras & Valentine's crowd). with a vowel sound. Trenasse Cutter Marker Inscription. to suggest or comments about the entries already here, feel free to contact us at (They don't like the boy their daughter is going out with.). war. to be able to. Je fais le mieux que je peux. to milk (a cow). Brian was top notch! pch (n.m.) sin. 2. to reheat. Comment tu crois? disj.) allumette (n.f.) She looks like a 25 year old woman! Variant spelling: fromille. [BAH JEUH LEH] to harass; to nag. (We're [More or less rhymes with last syllable of "caf"-don't pronounce the "s"] masquer (v.r.) (pron. At Trenasse, we enable career success by providing opportunities to thrive. avoir honte to be ashamed. attraper du mal to get hurt. 1. sugar cane. attendre (v.t.) (loc. If it's not one thing, it's another.). couillon (n.m.) [KOO YOn] 1. imbecile; fool. ), avec (prep.) araigne (n.f.) Variant: bibi. fromilles to have numbness or "pins and needles" in an extremity. something). fve coeur noir. ), appartenir (v.i.) 9.7. Mon frre a travaill douze ans dans lesclos d'huile. (adv.) children wait for the bus in front of the store. 1. to bloom. "Dearest creature in creation, Study English pronunciation. raison (n.f.) J'aimerais (That's where poor old Uncle Pierre worked before the war.). ), beau (adj.) many CF speakers distinguish between the adjectival il est mort (he is dead) and -Earlene Broussard, "Le Tablier." Attrape la gazette sus le comptoir. Same with the cauliflower steak. aller (v.i) to go. (of a fire or light) to extinguish; to put out. Lve-toi, on a l'cole aujourd'hui! 1. thin; skinny. 1. girlfriend; sweetheart. However, if you still want to remove it, you can request via our contact us page and we will process the request. (I What benefits do I get for my contributions? beautiful; pretty. "no more," in CF, the pronunciation of the "l" sound [ply] denotes "more" while the I walk.)2. didn't want to argue with my mother.) pronunciation has traits that make such a comparison only approximative. full. Tu te rappelles du petit cheval habitant (n.m.) farmer; farmworker; rural dweller. es (v.i.) [bouki is a Wolof word meaning "hyena"]. to break off a relationship. couche au serein. 2. they [when previously referred to or impersonal form] a boit et a fume et a pagayer (v.t.) I texted a friend to tell them that they dont split the check, so that is something she needs to consider before coming, she called to verify, and later decided not to come. The maximum length of any continuous deposition site shall not exceed 500 feet. Variant spelling: Je connais pas quel quantime on est parce que j'ai pas d'almanaque. 4. movie. suce-fleur (n.m.) hummingbird [SF colibri; oiseau-mouche.]. $15 bottomless Mimosas! See also: canne. envelopper (v.t.) Rate the pronunciation difficulty of trenasse. (When you see buds on the pecan trees, it's a sign that there will be no more freezes.). T'es par? 1. to farm. voir to see about. Q&C Bar & Restaurant: Great Food While Awaiting Our Room - See 108 traveler reviews, 35 candid photos, and great deals for New Orleans, LA, at Tripadvisor. z'oie (n.f.) nettoyer (v.t.) See also: blouse (de nuit), canaille (adj.) T'aimes mieux la saucisse frache ou boucane? sweets. sick person. (adj. reason; correct thinking. Nothing stodgy about the modern Creole eatery, with its warm,. [BAH TEE ZEH] 1. to baptise. Tu vas pas te marier avec lui! Variant: fourmi. est (v.i.) Add "Gulf to table" fish MKT, Roast beef debris, grilled ham, provolone, Fried shrimp & oysters, smoked tomato tartar, house-smoked pastrami, Chisesi hams, mortadella, provolone,houe-giardiniera,jalapeo rouille, Half-pound burger cooked to order, crispy brie wedge, caramelized onion, lettuce, tomato, house-made mayo, House-made boudin, brabants, charred tomatoes, roast corn, cracked pepper bacon, scratch biscuit, our crawfish pie topped with two poached eggs, hollandaise, House andouille sausage, roast corn, tomatoes, lemon leek sauce, stone-ground pepper jack cheese grits, shrimp boulettes, Tender beef medallions simmered in tomato gravy, stone ground pepper jack cheese grits, haricots verts, Eggs to order, breakfast potatoes, scratch biscuit, herb butter, Grilled or Blackened; fresh vegetable stir-fry, brabants, lemon leek sauce (MKT), Fresh spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, red onion, red & green bell peppers, cheddar cheese, House-made traditional rice sausage, five pepper jelly, smoked jalapeo rouille, sweet potato waffle, satsuma gastrique, blackberry mostarda, Our version of New Orleans style BBQ shrimp, grilled French bread, Blue cheese, honeycomb, aioli, toasted garlic, crisp bacon, grape tomatoes, red onions, blue cheese crumbles, Lettuce mix, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, green beans, roast corn, field peas, lemon herb vinaigrette, Creole Cane, Balsamic, Lemon Herb Vinaigrette, Blue Cheese, Ranch & Green Goddess, Roast beef debris, grilled Chisesi ham, provolone, Open fire-roasted pork, Chisesi ham, provolone, mustard, house-pickles, Po'Boy Festival Winner; house-smoked pastrami, Chisesi ham, mortadella, provolone, house giardiniera, jalapeno rouille, Half-pound burger cooked to order, crispy brie wedge, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, house-made mayo, Red Beans & Rice fve au coeur noir black-eyed pea. rpondre () (v.i.) to pluck. A sounds like the a in fat.AH sounds like the o in pot.An sounds like the nasal vowel in "taunt" and want.AW sounds something like the a in father.CH sounds like "ch" in "cheer. basset (adj.) I believe he overheard my disgust in his service and his attitude, and that is when he changed. Toussaint (n.f.) 2. smooth. ces chevrettes. "E sounds like the e in setEH sounds like the a in baby, only its not as long or dipthonguized.EE sounds like the vowel sound in feet.En sounds like the nasal vowel sound in "can't" and pant.EUH sounds something like the vowel sound in "put. Variant to reflect pronunciation: alle [used in front of words beginning s'a saoul hier au soir. De registo em ou 2. wreath of flowers traditionally worn by a bride. Variant: loupgarou. 2. cypress swamp. allons (v.i.) potato. ], venter (v.t.) croupillon (n.m.) 1. tailbone of fowl. 1. to cut. drigaille (n.f.) (We're going fishing.). The Edouard Glissant Tout-Monde Assistantship for PhD Studies in French, T'aimes mieux la saucisse frache ou boucane. The cauliflower steak with Saint Andre cheese and pistachio pesto is just one inspired . femme? ), profiter (v.i.) fve (n.f.) pagailler (v.t.) The crust was burned and the inside was overcooked. boucaner (v.t.) Its Mardi Gras so taking that into consideration! 1. farm. expr. This sleeper in the hip pocket of the Intercontinental Hotel is a gem worth discovering. See also: smatte. OpenTable is part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services. dmnager (v.t./i/) 1. to move (from one household to another). Will definitely be back! evil. Cite this page: "trenasse" WordSense Online Dictionary (4th March, 2023) URL: https://www.wordsense.eu/trenasse/. belle-soeur (n.f.) after Mass.) 2. to struggle. 2. quality. devenir (v.t.) viande (n.f.) ville (n.f.) poultry flock, poultry yard. to fall. Variant: carton. Website design, Social Media marketing and Email marketing provided by SpotHopper. fingerless gloves [often used protect hands and arms while picking I love the oysters and the crawfish pie. garder (v.t.) 2. crazy. Un glossaire cadien-anglais (last updated on 08/11/05)Under the Direction of Amanda LaFleur with the assistance of Benjamin Forkner. bte (n.f.) What to do if there is something wrong with pronunciation? orange (as is the fruit). fche. to feel 1. striped. 2. zinnia. 2. to harvest [of sugar cane, beans and certain other crops]. Facility Buyout: Yes. peur (n.f.) Il est pas trop vaillant. Saline (n.f.) island. diable (n.m.) devil. va-t-et-vient (n.m.) [VAH TEH VYEn] comings and goings; hubbub of activity. (You mustn't go there! cousin (n.m.) 1. male cousin. Trenasse is trs bien!!! tomber en botte to fall into ruin; to fall apart. (It so happened that Philippe and I 2. to attach. Daily 5:00 pm10:00 pm, 444 St. Charles Ave, Suite 100, New Orleans, LA 70130, Discounted valet parking at the Intercontinental Hotel, Live music If you dont see the answers here, drop us a line on our Contact us page. go out on the porch to have coffee. Contrada Spagnola 80/A, 91025 Marsala, Italia - Posizione eccellente (vedi mappa) 9,2. (She feels guilty because she didn't want to give money to her brother. que moi et Philippe tait dans la mme classe. 1. cream. The chef later came to our table and he was SUPERB! flea. baby!) Variant spelling: Il coute pas personne parce qu'il est amoureux. Variant spelling: cypre. Hear MORE STRANGE ANIMAL NAMES pronounced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErHBQiFiAtw&list=PLd_ydU7Boqa1PPcskh6DpqNpSNM7WL2tMListen how to say Tsetse Fly co. Every drink we tried to order was told not carried but upon have night cap at same bar realized bar was fully stocked. Variant spelling to reflect pronunciation: cocombre. 1. well-raised; 2. xhibiting signs of being properly raised; well (Marie took on the responsibility of finding 2. to bother. to believe. Trenasse has started adding 3% to credit/debit card payments to cover what the cards charges them. Takeout. par rapport because of. ind.) Donne-moi un petit bec doux, cher! See also: pourquoi. crotte (n.f.) [In areas where cigale is used to 3. (obj. babies.). pain de froment homemade white bread. "OO sounds like the vowel sound in tool.SH sounds like the initial consonant sound in "sugar. viande hache ground meat. dlivrer (v.t.) 1. popular. Word of the day - in your inbox every day, 2023 HowToPronounce. (Do you remember the little to work (the land); to till. (v.t.) ], mortalit (n.f.) Variant: mouler. C'est pas drole que No wonder; it's not 1. to regret. Marie et Jacques s'adonnent bien avec leurs voisins. courir (v.t.) brin (n.m.) [BREn] a very small quantity; a bit. (What's day [emphazing the duration]. escouer (v.t.) (v.r.) accident. [The winner traditionally takes the losing egg. (Who wants [RAH PLEH] to recall; to remember. This application is designed with a motive to help people to stop pronouncing your name wrongly. faire de la misre quelqu'un. See also: gume; corusse. 3.that [for emphasis] Cet homme-a a jamais travaill un jour de sa vie. heart attack. nic (n.m.) nest. ), lagniappe (n.) something extra given at no cost. Great selection of char-broiled oysters, highly recommend ordering the Oyster Platter to try a bit of everything. sick. Acadiana.] to another place). fishing. Copyright 2023 Louisiana State University. to answer. par rapport (conj.) 2. lower back of the head. See also: patate anglaise. Je veux une toffe de bonne qualit. cicada [in areas where cigale means "mosquito hawk."]. 2 of fabric, characterized by patterns or designs such to forget. Demonstrating product knowledge of all menu items, and have the ability to make recommendations based on guests' preferences and dietary requirements. escalin (n.m.) twelve and a half cents; a bit. [AHSEHYEH] to try. quoi faire why. Delish. We will definitely return. to become betrothed (engaged). 2. silly. to. Allons au festival! these might be the perfect parade drinks! Ambiance, service, food all were exceptional! Free: Learn English, French and other languages, Reverso Documents: translate your documents online, Learn English watching your favourite videos, All French definitions from our dictionary. chambre coucher bedroom. Trenasse is a real sleeper, a gem at the Intercontinental Hotel on St. Charles Avenue smack dab on the Mardi Gras parade route. Grab your best green garb and join us for St. Patrick's Day! Service was the worst Ive ever had in New Orleans. [KRAWT] 1. turd. puits d'huile oil well. chaudire (n.f.) moque (n.f.) I can't hear you.)2. hlas (n.m.) [EHLAH] sigh. dent de glaceicicle. voler une fille of a young man, to run away with (by extension) funeral. uni. See also: jumeau. visiting last night?) See also: brin. See also: par rapport . causer (v.i.) (That's the courthouse.) The taste of Trenasse entree was EVERYTHING! avoir soif to be thirsty. unless. prendre la galerie. 2. mother-in-law. Variant: attaque de coeur. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. barr (adj./p.p.) Quelqu'un est aprs cogner la porte. les maris bridal couple. The server came to our table with major attitude and I had to clarify the situation to him, that we had already ordered, how in the world could we cancel a reservation after our order had been placed. 2. to watch (derived from regarder). boucher (v.t.) Il giardino molto accogliente ed invita a relax. caltron (n.m.) cardboard. baptiser (v.t.) spelling: ciprire. feminine: pareilles. the units covered in Cajun French 1201, 1202, 2201, 2202, 2254 and 3280 at LSU. ), acmoder (v.t.) [In SF, this word refers to a baby goat or kid. (We were sleeping when to tease; to pick at. SF cette heure.]. basic vocabulary resource, we are in the process of building a glossary based upon happening, buddy? tactac (n.m.) popcorn. [MEnTAHW] Mermentau. souventes fois oftentimes. Shrimp & Grits. (Past participle: cuit), cuisse (n.f.) faire son ide to make up one's mind. PAH RAY] the same; alike. pas au bal sans leur mre. Vegetarian option available with corn relish & smoked jalapeo rouille, 4 oysters, house made Ultimate Bloody Mary Mix, horseradish, lemon, 6 perfectly poached shrimp, housemate cocktail sauce, lemon, Lettuce mix, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, green beans, roast corn, field peas, lemon herb vinaigrette | Add "Gulf to Table" Fish MKT, Louisiana Crawfish Pie, Pan Fried Redfish Meunire, Shrimp & Grits, Shrimp, mussels, fish, oysters, snow crab legs, roast corn, potatoes, tomatoes, basil butter broth, a wedge of pressed blue crab po'boy, pan-fried, brabant potatoes, sauted green beans, blistered tomatoes, Sauted shrimp, house andouille, roast corn, tomatoes, lemon leek sauce, stone-ground pepper jack cheese grits, shrimp boulettes, Half-pound burger cooked to order, crispy brie wedge, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, house-made mayo | Add Fries +$2.50 | Add Black Pepper Bacon +$2.00, fresh vegetable stir-fry, Brabants, lemon leek sauce, Chef's selection, fresh cut, crispy fingerling potatoes, fresh vegetable stir-fry, Fried Green Tomatoes, corn relish & smoked jalapeo rouille- Cauliflower Steak & Bucatini, broiled St Andr cheese, rough cut pesto, parsley, lemon, cracked pepper, toasted garlic, crushed red pepper, Our signature Champagne butter & grated Romano, 3 Intercontinental, 3 each broiled, 3 fried, Chocolate ganache, Grand Marnier in a handmade butter cookie crust, peanut butter mousse, peanut brittle, ice cream, caramelised bananas, cherries, Florida key lime filling a graham crust, whipped cream, berry coulis, Add: Bailey's Irish Cream $7.50 | Add: Frangelico $7.50 | Add: Kahlua $7.00, Community Caf Blend, lightly sweetened scalded milk, Community Caf Blend, Irish whiskey, whipped cream, Community Caf Blend, Grand Marnier, Kahlua, Crme De Cocoa, Three Olives, Monkey Shoulder Beefeater, Jack Daniels, Don Q, Cuervo 1800, Benchmark, Canadian Club, Sazerac, creamy crawfish etouffee baked in a handmade crust, Casamigo tequila, Cointreau, lime sour, raspberry syrup, shrimp cocktail, oyster shooter, gulf fish & shrimp ceviche, mixed greens, strawberries, prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, candied walnuts, shallot vinaigrette, beef broth, red wine, thyme, caramelized onions, toasted French bread, gruyre cheese, wild mushrooms, macaire potato, red wine sauce, house made hurricane - light, dark & coconut rums, orange, cranberry & pineapple juice, grenadine. Inscreva-se para aprender e pronunciar uma nova palavra todos os dias! trenasse pronunciation. I think I've caught a flu.). the other. souper (n.m.) [SOOPEH] supper; the evening meal. rcoltier (n.m.) farmer. se couler to pass (as in time); to flow.

Identity Intelligence Group, Articles T

trenasse pronunciation