conscientious stupidity

Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own. Sincere ignorance can be pervasive. Posted by: Mom Knows Best: The One Piece of Teaching Advice to Remember, Build Your Stack: Graphic Novel Nonfiction, Using YouTube Videos to Support Media Literacy Education. |. Could two words better describe the debt ceiling discussion now going on in the US? Thanks for your comment. Quotation #24972 from Classic Quotes: Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. They look and sound great. Posted by: It is the policy of NCTE in all publications, including the Literacy & NCTE blog, to provide a forum for the open discussion of ideas concerning the content and the teaching of English and the language arts. WWI TNT Plans: Caledonia Historical Society Plans Presentation, Hospital Capacity In Caledonia Area: See Latest Numbers. (0) Main By continuing, you agree to the terms of our. You can focus representation, reputation management, and abide by the right metrics, but without thinking about individuals you were thinking about the business defining the individual, not the individual defining the business. Finite means "having limits, conditions, or bounds.". Hence, nothing is more dangerous than someone who fervently believes something without any basis in fact. Send us feedback. I'm concerned about justice; I'm concerned about brotherhood; I'm concerned about truth. This quote and others are also exploredin this Answer Sheetblog post from Valerie Strauss. "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. My credentials, I have a plus 150 iq. Nglish: Translation of conscientious for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of conscientious for Arabic Speakers. "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." "True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice." "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." One moose, two moose. People of faith regardless of color or culture ought to demand that from our political leadership, hold them to a level of intellectual honesty, stop accepting the Tea Party line without question, think for ourselves and vote for candidates who seem to have both a plan and a clue. August 16, 1967. We must remember that intelligence is not enough. 1. They used something that since the 1960s has been raised over sixty times without much fanfare (and how many times under Bush the lesser?) Take the following assessment and find out. Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity Martin Luther King Strength to Love Ignorance is not innocence but sin Robert Browning The Inn Album Ignorance itself is without a doubt a sin for those who do not wish to understand ; for those who, however, cannot understand, it is the punishment of . From Where Do We Go From Here?, delivered at the 11th Annual Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC),Atlanta, Georgia. by bhoughto October 11, 2014 Flag , They really believe these things to be true, THE POWER TO DO WHAT WE HAVE THE POWER TO DO, SMALL STEPS AND GIANT LEAPS: REFLECTIONS ON WORLDPRIDE TORONTO 2014, 18 WAYS TO KNOW YOU'RE A RACIST, BIGOT OR HYPOCRITE. Its my tolerance to idiots that needs work., I awoke, only to see that the rest of the world is still asleep., Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups., I declare that everything you are saying is stupid., Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity., Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. No doubt, most of the road fatalities are the result of unpardonable human errors, all of which appear to be grounded in "sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" that the late American human rights legend once used to bemoan why people choose to do immoral things in the face of righteous deeds. "I'm concerned about a better world. For example, in most workplaces, these initiatives are usually poorly funded tactical inclusion initiatives disconnected from broader, more substantial, and well-funded general training programs. Republican candidate, Donald Trump, recently called for a total and complete shutdown of the countrys borders to all Muslims, and although he has come under serious international disapproval, these remarks do seem to have resonated with some GOP voters. tious kn-ch-en-chs 1 : guided by or agreeing with one's conscience : scrupulous 2 : using or done with careful attention conscientiously adverb conscientiousness noun More from Merriam-Webster on conscientious Nglish: Translation of conscientious for Spanish Speakers If were looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldnt test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power., Do not ever say that the desire to do good by force is a good motive. Samuel L. Green, Sr. I have found in the midst of chaos, there is often stupidity at the root of it all. Non-partisan groups have concluded it will save the healthcare more than what is currently being spent. Ronald Reagan said: "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so. The most recent warming trend hated 16 years ago. The Right Rev. I devoted last weeks Pastors Corner to examining GOP Presidential candidate Rick Santorums religion in light of his saying that President Obama embraces a phony Theology. I seldom write about the same person or subject two weeks in a row, but I cant help doing so this week. There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.. Our goal as leaders is to convert the melting pot of differences into a mosaic that fuels strategies for growth, innovation, and opportunity to maximize the full potential of people, brands, and businesses. Presiding Elder Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was right: Nothing in this world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity., Your email address will not be published. Horse Blinkers For Humans? Rev. Senior Pastor. No. I review corporate diversity and inclusion plans for companies all the time. From The Purpose of Educationin the February 1947 edition of the Morehouse College student newspaper, the Maroon Tiger. They assume existing and potential employees targeted by these programs must change to fit into the current workplace culture. Mr. Santorums statement also reflects a curious modern political strategy embraced by some politicians and their constituents making ignorance a virtue. Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. They really believe these things to be true. honorable suggests a firm holding to codes of right behavior and the guidance of a high sense of honor and duty. Conscientious Quotes - BrainyQuote. 3155 likes Actually, when it comes to diversity and inclusion, the problem starts with using the word problem. Diversity and inclusion should be about opportunity specifically growth opportunity. Most believe in their hearts that the implementation will make the company better inside and a more competitive outside. I just want to do God's will. Those words have never seemed more apt than when Public Policy Polling ( PPP) released the results of a report on Friday which stated that 30% of American . ", Posted by: But at this point there are enormous financial incentives for the myth to be propagated. African American slaves were thought to be an inferior species and thus deserving of their fate. conscientious stupidity in English dictionary conscientious stupidity Sample sentences with " conscientious stupidity " Declension Stem Match words A. H. M. Jones writes that Constantius "appears in the pages of Ammianus as a conscientious emperor but a vain and stupid man, an easy prey to flatterers. Through violence you may murder a hater, but you cant murder hate through violence. Darkness cannot put out darkness; only light can do that.. I have inherited my dads lack of patience for stupidity and because of this mind set, I seem to come across stupidity more than usual. You can listen Dr. King deliver the last 16 minutes of this speech here. C'est vrai que j'tais une employe consciencieuse, travailleuse. Stupidity World Ignorance More Than American - Leader January 15, 1929 - April 4, 1968 Citation Quotes to Explore Either you run the day or the day runs you. ), letter from Birmingham Jail, Alabama, 16 April 1963, letter from Birmingham Jail, Alabama, 16 April 1963, in, speech at Civil Rights March in Washington, 28 August 1963; see, sermon at the National Cathedral, Washington, 31 March 1968, in James Melvin Washington. 19 January 2013 at 07:31 PM. 1. To save this word, you'll need to log in. Im listening. If we keep asking that question or any question over and over again, why should we expect a different result? Martin Luther King, Jr. famously announced that "nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity". Thats what a diversity and inclusion plan should do. Willful ignorance tends to be more adaptive than self-deception. People of all colors and cultures with no college education still work hard so that their children can go to college. What we need to do, argues Wedell-Wedellsborg, is reframe the problem. They cater to the status quo. INBOX is a biweekly email wrap-up of the most important stories in English language arts education, ideas for your classroom, and news from NCTE. And when one is concerned about that, he can never advocate violence. Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Conscientious stupidity Doing something stupid while trying to do something good for the planet and society. I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood. The concept of 'willful blindness' as Heffernan explains originates from 19th century legislature [law] used to describe a situation in which a person seeks to avoid civil or criminal liability for a wrongful act by intentionally keeping yourself unaware of facts that would render the individual liable or implicated; ' the very fact that willful Republicans who seven times during the Bush administration raised the government's legal limit on borrowing have suddenly found Jesus during the Obama administration and have decided that deficits and too much borrowing are bad -- and that, despite all evidence to the contrary, debt rather than lack of consumer confidence is the reason unemployment is so high. Marketing Is Everywhere: This Startup Wants To Bring Continuity Across Platforms. However, the reality of the situation is far from humorous. Posted by: It was sincerity and conscientiousness in government fiscal policy that got us to this point (the only real product of bipartisanship). Feel free to send me something concrete that backs up what you say. We need to stop solving and looking for recognition and start thinking about and earning respect from the actual people in our workplaces and marketplaces to give them influence over the growth of the company. Test your knowledge - and maybe learn something along the way. Further obamacare was and is misrepresented in what it does and what it will cost. Wow. "There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" When Martin Luther King Jr. said this it was in the context of explaining the rationalization of the. Raised floors and everything shattered and angry with conscientious stupidity.

Zoe Bonham Net Worth, Framingham Public Schools Calendar 2020 21, San Diego Zoo Gorilla Cam, Swollen Bottom Lip Overnight, Articles C

conscientious stupidity