fallout 4 looksmenu presets not working

I've sorted it multiple times, Bleh, I had the Josie preset and it worked for me, tried locating which folder it was in. If you've accepted the DEFAULT install location, your game will be located in: So i installed it according to 5 different tutorials. Any many presets there's a required section where I download all the required mods. my problem was fixed by removing all mods but the ones required for preset and reading that I downloaded the valkyr body texture instead of the valkr face texture. I'm about to give up on modding, or my rig ends up through the window on the street. I have the presets I want installed and in FO4 > Data > F4SE > Plugins > F4EE > Presets. I believe your face mod has a patch specifically for the HD patch. Not being able to easily (buttons or drag and drop) adjust your load order was the deal breaker for me. Site news (important news will be issued), Comments on your files, images and videos, New images and videos added to your files. Yeah the order of looks menu was just my latest re ordering attempt. I'm not new to this, I've never had this problem with Skyrim. I'm desperate. Did not have it in SSE either. Have you checked that you have the latest version of fallout 4 script extender along with the matching Fallout 4 update for it? They also work on Personal Bodyguards from that mod. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Go into your Fallout4 game folder and make sure you don't have any "junk" files from older versions of F4SE. To put simply, I bet most of you have placed your games in the program files hierarchy. I've tried to place both looks menu and the looks menu customisation compendium all over my load order so it almost certainly cant be my load order but here it is anyway. i'm also not sure if the required mods for the preset are even activated in-game, they say so on nmm but no .esp file on load order. I'm using fully updated Fallout 4 and F4SE. If you are unsure about folder structure, then check it yourself. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. They also work on Personal Bodyguards from that mod. You need to open them in LooksMenu hotkey. That app was a blessing. Fallout 4 Vortex Bodyslide Issues (Solution) AllMighty Loaf 197 subscribers 204K views 4 years ago Complete tutorial on how to make Bodyslide work with the new Fallout 4 vortex mod. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. re-read the required mods and their descriptions/readme.txt. Press J to jump to the feed. If so, use this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21907/. Not the body. Rather, just a separate folder for the mods. (picture 3) 2: Copying the missing folders to the selected destination folder: I place my download on an external drive I have. this will take you to the location you've installed the game. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Im having the same issue exept mine Crashes as soon as I start the game. I am sure it is operator error on my part so i would much appreciate any additional tips. I myself can't get the customisation compendium to work, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread in case anyone mentions it. Manual putting it there also does not work. I think i am gonna dump looksmenu. No, it doesn't work on settlers, because of the way their faces are generated. I don't really know why MY sliders never worked, i installed this ones to see if they would but is the same history than the ones of cbbe, unless the changes. https://f4se.silverlock.org/. It would look like this : slm "2f1f" 1 OR slm player 1 (ENTER). For reference, LooksMenu and F4SE are both current. Install hundreds of mods with the click of a button. Copyright 2023 Robin Scott. I'm 24 hours further, still nothing. I dont know how to make it work. Cookie Notice Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. All version are the most recent and correct versions. Are you using Looks Menu as well as Looks Menu Customization Compendium? I'm using looksmenu, cbbe, and bodyslide. It's odd. Edited by pehammer, 20 September 2020 - 05:29 am. With elevated permissions, etc. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. There they will appear as a list. I'm pretty sure this was working before, but now it's not. Open your steam library on the left hand side locate Fallout 4. You currently have javascript disabled. The elegant, powerful, and open-source mod manager, Download and manage all your collections within Vortex, Upgrade your account to unlock all media content, To enjoy the benefits of Nexus Mods, please log in or register a new account, This author has not provided any additional notes regarding file permissions, This author has not credited anyone else in this file, This mod is opted-in to receive Donation Points. 84 posts. I've tried making a presets folder and putting the presets in there, didn't work. Apparently it uninstalled itself like it was supposed to, unlike all the other files that get left behind :(, Id convert over to Vortex, its a really decent Mod manager even though its sometimes a pain and there arent really any NEW guides for it, but its relatively straight forward. It does not work. The .json files are in the Preset folder. Any suggestions where I might find this? The Presets Folder is located here: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\presets Any help will be appreciated This thread is archived I use Vortex as a mod manager, but I have manually reinstalled said mods, Looksmenu [i am unable to move looksmenu up or down in load order, it just teleports back to the bottom], New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24830, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25087. * If the presets menu item is grayed out, this means that the LooksMenu mod is not in sync with your game version and the F4SE version. Looksmenu itself is working fine but whenever I click on the preset, it looks nothing like what was shown on the nexus page, and some even show what the character looks like without ENBs and such and mine looks nothing like it. The powerful open-source mod manager from Nexus Mods. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. re-read the required mods and their descriptions/readme.txt. It's due to having HD textures installed. EDIT: Guess you guys are serious about load orders Fallout4.esm DLCCoast.esm RAW INPUT.esp Looksmenu.esp Faster EXP-10x.esp CHKWeightless.esp BostonFPSFixFarHarbor.esp Winter Overhaul.esp BostonFPSFix-Vanilla.esp CBBE.esp Fast Travel from Interiors.esp ProjectHelljumper.esp Reload Sounds.esp BF1 Animations - Hunting Rifle v1.3.esp Looksmenu Customization Compendium.esp EyesoftheUniverse.esp InstitWeapPosit.esp HiPolyFaces.esp ColtDeltaElite_Standalone.esp AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp YoungLaraCroftFacePreset 2.esp. You can also do this with NMM, it's not hard.) The offset and scale are relative to the assigned values in the material. Did you actually turn on Looks Menu in the mods load order? I've had LM working before but its just this re install that isn't working. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Learning from my own mistakes years ago, and before steam, I do not now install game, unless it's something I am not modding at all. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. yep, just checked the load order in game and its the very first mod. Hey, sorry for the late reply, but I've checked and my F4SE is up to date (runtime 1.10.114 - build: 0.6.13) and the looks menu version is v1-6-12 which is the latest version (FO4 is 1.10.114.0) so it seems like I have the latest version of everything. Have you checked that you have the latest version of fallout 4 script extender along with the matching Fallout 4 update for it? The F4SE launcher is in there. for games, as well. Valve Corporation. Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\presets, Is that where they should be? So you the solution is basically to read. Privacy Policy. For reference, LooksMenu and F4SE are both current. I cant get the presets option in LooksMenu to work. Unlike most issues I've found most people have with looks menu which is the presets i cant seem to get it working at all. I tried manually installing it, did not work. C:\F4modding tools\MO2\overwrite\F4SE\plugins\F4EE\Presets. If you have multiple drives, you can do this on all drives. Are you loading the game via F4SE or via Steam? I myself have Looksmenu pretty high up on my (extensive) load order and the features of it alone seem to work fine. same, completely different from what it is supposed to actually be, i did everything i read up on google and forums, even did the sResourceDataDirsFinal=strings/materials etc.. still no change, going to try deleting every mod but the preset's required and work from there. Locate the Instance which contains the " ShapeData, SliderCategories, SliderGroups, SliderPresets, and SliderSets folders" Now set the path to this folder. I'm on mobile rn so I can't really see, do you have the valkyr face mod? Use this folder to put all your games in. Valve Corporation. The F4SE launcher is in there. This "mod" changes the value range from -250 to 250. Looksmenu Presets not working with Settlers - posted in Fallout 4 Mod Troubleshooting: Hello All, Im pretty sure this was working before, but now its not. Also have a problem with xml and json files. Still nothing, could you maybe give me a langer path. New to the modding community, so I apologize now for any obvious mistakes I may have made. you should never place any game there, unless it's something you don't mind being there. But when I try them on a female settler, they only sorta work. I have a ton of presets installed, and they all work on my female player character. If the Presets function is greyed out, that usually means a wrong version. This is for my personal use maybe others will like it. All rights reserved. I have F4SE installed. Including looksmenu compendium and looksmenu standalone. - Create any character in game. I don't know what i'm doing wrong at this point. I gonna re-install everything in reverse. Before you do that: presets do not replace any faces in the original scrolling list. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Mod Organizer and MO 2 do a good job of this, and so does NMM, lately. Also make sure Looksmenu itself is up to date and matches the version number of the fo4 script extender you are using. Everything Fallout modding, from Fallout 1 to Fallout 4 and everything in between. Looksmenu itself is working fine but whenever I click on the preset, it looks nothing like what was shown on the nexus page, and some even show what the character looks like without ENBs and such and mine looks nothing like it. I have to re-enable the mod and let the game reload every time. Ugh. And yet it still doesn't work. I have searched all my computer drives and come up with nothing. Are the LooksMenu presets where they're supposed to be? Valve Corporation. Face Presets Not Working/CBBE Not Working - posted in Fallout 4 Mod Troubleshooting: Hey all! Most of such mods do not use plugins at all. If not, look for an hd patch for your face mod I have installed manualy, and through MO2. Everytime, i have read the descriptions on the nexus. Before you do that: presets do not replace any faces in the original scrolling list. And by the looks and reads on reddit, it seems to work less and less for more people. Also, Looksmenu requires F4SE, and make sure you are starting the game with the F4SE.exe and not launching another way. this will take you to the location you've installed the game. That depends on where you have Steam installed. NMM says they're enabled but they don't show up on the plugins. I have disabled all other potential conflicting mods, reinstalled both the presets, LCC and EFS, and said issues still persist, even on a fresh game. TL;DR The Looksmenu option for presets appears at character creation, but is greyed out and cannot be selected: thus no presets can be selected. Looks Menu Preset - My main Character preset, The man the myth the legend Munch Cruncherson. All of the presets look very different from the pictures on nexus, even tho I have all required mods installed and have my load order sorted my LOOT. I've been so obsessed over this that I've downloaded full clean saves of the game after reinstalling it with no mods and literally only use F4SE and the required mods for the preset. I just need with my ocd a step to step tut. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. So I am trying to install presets, I have everything I should need: looksmenu and it's compendium, the latest version of F4SE, CBBE, and bodytool. I can also see it IN bodyslide, yet not ingame. Valve Corporation. Espaol - Latinoamrica (Spanish - Latin America). When logged in, you can choose up to 12 games that will be displayed as favourites in this menu. #1 Pimp Whiskers Jul 17, 2019 @ 8:37pm I'm trying to start a new game and I "see" the preset menu just not the presets themselves. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Also I'm using F4SE directly from the file, I have LOOT installed with it as well. But presets nah, always a problem. Still nothing, only gives me the presets for the face i made. my problem was fixed by removing all mods but the ones required for This is for my personal use maybe others will like it. Also double check to make sure that vortex is installing these files to the correct folder and is not just dumping them into the fallout 4 folder, or into the Data folder. ( I also use Mod Organize and Mod Organizer 2 for my Bethesda based games, and make new folders for the downloads on my external, and place my downloads there. I'd double check in game via the main menu, under Mods -> Load Order. * I am using my own custom ENB preset, which does affect how my characters look in game. Simply "~" console type "slm player 1" enter. You use f4se_loader.exe 3 zero_forever 5 yr. ago Appreciate your reply. For more information, please see our Trying to get LooksMenu working (ie showing presets) on a new system and I can't remember what I did last time. I have a ton of presets installed, and they all work on my female player character. In the bathroom scene the menus are all default, my extra hair/beard mods are working fine but the menus are all vanilla. So as shown above, I seem to be having issues with presets downloaded from the Nexus which require Looksmenu Customization Compendium https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24830, as well as Extended Facial Sculpting https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25087 I just don't understand. Lastly, go to steamapps\common\Fallout4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Presets\ and make sure all your presets (.json files) are there. And then, it's gonna be a clean install of everything. There they will appear as a list. All rights reserved. All the assets in this file belong to the author, or are from free-to-use modder's resources, You are not allowed to upload this file to other sites under any circumstances, You must get permission from me before you are allowed to modify my files to improve it, You are not allowed to convert this file to work on other games under any circumstances, You must get permission from me before you are allowed to use any of the assets in this file, Asset use permission in mods/files that are being sold, You are not allowed to use assets from this file in any mods/files that are being sold, for money, on Steam Workshop or other platforms, Asset use permission in mods/files that earn donation points, You are not allowed to earn Donation Points for your mods if they use my assets, This mod will not be available on Bethesda.net for console users.

Alex Terrible Girlfriend, National Council On Aging Conference 2022, The Zone Goodman Employee Login, Articles F

fallout 4 looksmenu presets not working