katelyn akins disappearance

Since Akens disappearance, her mother and family release balloons into the air to recognize special occasions. Copyright 2023 The Inquisitr. Missing From: NEVADA, MO. Ciccones death is more perplexing. Law enforcement officials have opened a criminal investigation into the disappearance of a 26-year-old woman from Sidney, Montana, who was reported missing on Dec. 31. As far as Lisa was aware, Katelin was getting the metro to the airport to get that 5.40pm flight home. I think all texts were made by him from Katelins phone. They did not reveal how the story was corroborated, saying that it is an important detail in an ongoing investigation. ", by Chilling Crimes It appeared to have been thrown out of a moving vehicle. Katelyn was graduating from art school, engaged, and getting ready to move to Colorado with her fianc. Investigators have been corresponding with Akens' stepfather and will continue to speak with him to "tighten up the timeline," Capt. Though he initially accepted to take a polygraph test, James has since declined to take the test and also has yet to provide his cell phones password to investigators. According to Lisa, investigators believe that Katelin never left the area surrounding James residence. [3], Akens was born on September 2, 1996, in Indiana to Lisa Sullivan and Jason Akens. Just one day after Katelin disappeared, the body of a young woman was found. This leads investigators to believe the suitcase was thrown. However, phone pings showed Katelin or her luggage never left Spotsylvania. I hate to say it, but shes a young girl. [5][6][7], Akens' cell phone pinged a cell tower near Brantons residence in Partlow, 75 miles away from the airport. I agree! Kevin Eastridge, Katelins close friend and ex-boyfriend, claimed that Katelin revealed to him on several occasions that James was abusive. Anyone with information about her disappearance is asked to contact the Spotsylvania County Sheriffs Office at 540-582-7115 or Spotsylvania Crime Solvers at 1-800-928-5822. stepfather lied about everything, never went to work, no video footage of him, etc where the hell is a grand jury making the decision to prosecute. Lisa wasn't sure she would even know how to get the metro. He said that he dropped her outside the JCPenneystore but there was no CCTV in the area so at that time, they could not determine if she was at the mall at all that day. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one. Where is she?". Akens spent the night with a couple she knew and the three were intimate. He advised he would have to drop her off early though as he had to be in work at 3pm that day. "The circumstances surrounding this case are suspicious enough to warrant our full investigative efforts, in attempting to locate Miss Akens," Spotsylvania County Sheriff Roger L. Harris said in a statement to WSUA News. On Friday, December 4, 2015, Akens did not share her infidelity with her family, and neither her mom nor sister noticed anything seemed out of the ordinary with Akens. In a separate text, she immediately then said, James: I dropped her at the Springfield metro station. Lisa next heard from James at 1.52pm that day. So he is good with technology. And I stayed the night so then today it was super awkward between us all. James called in to let them know that he wouldnt be arriving, but the reason he gave them has never been publicly disclosed. Police believed that she never left theFredericksburg area. Sadly, I think this is a case where they know he did it, and just dont have enough to solidly link him for sure to it yet. Wake up to the day's most important news. Facebook gives people the power. Battery dying, so wont be able to text for a bit. Isabel Celis: Jury Deadlocks in Trial of Man Who Allegedly Murdered Two Young Arizona Girls, Alex Murdaugh Begins Prison Sentence With New Haircut, What About Buster Murdaugh? Patricia Adkins disappeared on July 29, 2001. He called in and said he would not be coming. February 02, 2021 Katelin Akens, who vanished after making a stop at a Virginia shopping mall This episode of Disappeared on Investigation Discovery tells the story of 19-year-old missing person Katelin Akens, who. Bridge at Highway 153 (TDOT Closure) Tennessee DOT . If you know anything about this missing womans disappearance, you are encouraged to call the Spotsylvania County Sheriffs Office. could be a lot of reasons. Police spoke to James and searched his house and car but they didn't find anything that could assistwith their investigation into Katelin's disappearance. Nothing. Luggage belonging to Katelin Akens, a 19-year-old woman who disappeared en route to a Virginia airport, has been found in a Spotsylvania County drainage ditch. Furthermore, Jameshad told Lisa he was due atwork at 3pm on the 5th of December and that was why he would have to drop Katelin off earlybut James never went into work that day and did not return to that job at all. "It sounds as if there may be yet another serial killer in Spotsylvania County.". I'm not coming back today. As of Tuesday, there is no indication Ciccone's death is connected to Akens' disappearance. [4][5], 11:56am - First text message sent from Akens' cell phone. Arthur Griffin and I had a great time filming new content with Urban Land Institute and its ULI Learning platform! by Chilling Crimes That person has been interviewed at length and has been extremely cooperative, he says, adding that the young womens dispute stemmed from a fight over a boyfriend. He said that he dropped her outside the JCPenney. Her former step-father, James Brandon was going to take her to the airport. Just eight minutes later, Sullivan reportedly got a text message from Akens phone that read, Im at the airport. tons of circumstantial evidence, prosecutor do your job. But I strongly believe she was not and is not a runaway. The property has never been relisted.[10]. According to Lisa, Katelin and James appeared to be happy to see each other. They need answers and will continue to search for her. Katelin Akens was supposed to board a flight to get back home, but she never even made it to the airport. However, according to Lisa and Gabi, all articles of clothing were missing. She reportedly planned to take the Franconia-Springfield metro from the mall to the airport. Katelin's sister Gabi told me her mother called saying when she left the store she had bullet holes through the car window. Katelyn Adkins 615 Brown St, Russell, KY 41169 Open Full Report 30 year old Where Has Katelyn Adkins Lived? Growing up, Katelin Michelle Akens lived in Caroline County, Virginia, with her mother, Lisa Sullivan. The discovery was made one day after another young woman turned up dead, heightening concerns for Akens' safety. Investigation Discovery's ' Disappeared: Flight Risk' focuses on the young woman's activities and whereabouts leading to her disappearance. Just 8 minutes after Lisa received her initial text from James, Lisa received a text from Katelin, reading, Katelin: Im at the airport. If by some slim chance he isnt guilty, he is at least lying. "It's scary," Akens' mother, Lisa Sullivan, told WRIC News. SIDNEY, Mont. We dont know if shes living it up, partying around. If you know anything about this missing woman's disappearance, you are encouraged to call the Spotsylvania County Sheriff's Office. who knows why for sure. Kaitlin Akens was supposed to catch a flight from Reagan International Airport to Arizona, where she lives with her fiancee and was set to begin cosmetology school, on December 5. I dont know. In 2021, Lisa added that finding Katelins body would provide her with some closure. It would explain her saying she's cheating, and also explain why she "doesn't want to be here or there" (she didn't want to be with her fiance or James, and wanted to start over). Confused, Lisa became increasingly worried. Nearly 3 years later, Katelins case remains unsolved. Disappeared: Flight Risk focuses on the young womans activities and whereabouts leading to her disappearance. While she was there, Katelins mother, Lisa Sullivan, said that Katelin was in good spirits, excited to hold her nephew in her arms and greet some old friends while in town. She has blonde hair, blue eyes and multiple tattoos. [2][4], Akens was scheduled to fly home to Arizona on a 5:40PM flight out of Reagan National Airport in Arlington, VA. I also think she was just venting to the friend about how he stated she doesnt want to be in Virginia or Arizona. [2][6][9] Among Branton's personal property confiscated were Branton's vehicles, guns, computers, and an encrypted cell phone. I feel bad for her mom. Akens was supposed to be in the air when Sullivan received two final text messages from Akens' cell phone: Akens' cell phone pinged a cell tower in Stafford, Virginia, less than 15 miles from where Akens' luggage would later be found. "The stepfather was cooperative with our agency initially," said Detective Williams. [2][4] Ten days after her 18th birthday, Akens moved to Arizona to be with her fianc, Amber Rios. Stepfather is not a suspect in disappearance of 19 year old Katelin Akens. A few hours later, she got a text from James saying he had dropped Katelin off at the airport. [2], Extremely smart and self-motivated, Akens graduated high school at age 16. What happened to this missing woman, and are authorities close to finding her? [Image via Spotsylvania Co. Sheriff handout]. Investigators say they havent talked with Branton in years. 2023 BuzzFeed, Inc. All rights reserved. No, he has nothing to do with us, Detective Rob Marshall told the television station in 2017. Whenever possible, actual redditors have participated in investigating the events. Akins visited Uganda in 2016 and quickly developed a bond with a baby girl named Willa Gray. Thank you for pointing that out! The truth is there is a missing piece. [7], Shortly before 2:00pm on the day Akens disappeared, Branton texted Sullivan that he dropped Akens off in Springfield, Virginia. Robinson's car was found abandoned in a desert ravine in July. They gathered that Lisa had dropped her off at James' house but they could not confirmthat James dropped Katelin off at the mall. Her clothes, phone and High School Diploma were missing. Sorry I know this is an old post but what do you take from that? The RCMP said they investigated Noble's disappearance for 11 years, with the. Lisa reported Katelin missing. [2][4], During Akens' short trip to Virginia, she visited with her mom, aunt, sister, and nephew. About the text she had aent I believe all were done by james. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations.

Drew Robinson Daiana Anguelova, Florida Man December 18, Does Clint Howard Have Children, Resy Amex Platinum 150k, Naruto Raikage Apprentice Fanfiction, Articles K

katelyn akins disappearance