lner apprentice driver

All is well from my end, most especially the time frame and solution examples. Our new Azuma train has brought faster journey times, more space and greater reliability. Get train times and book tickets, with the best LNER fares to London, Leeds, Newcastle and more guaranteed. Maisie said: "I'm proud of mum because it's really hard to get this . For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Gave the video interview a whirl earlier. An apprenticeship at LNER will give you the knowledge, skills and behaviours to succeed using high quality, innovative and flexible training methods. We are committed to creating an inclusive, engaged culture that supports everyone at every stage of their journey and ensures that when you're at LNER, you can always be you. LNER is currently working on our work experience offer. Confirming your age to employers can be especially important for train drivers because you need to be at least 21 years old to work as a train driver on the national rail. Team Leader & Management. The process took 4 weeks. "logo": { Higher level qualifications, such as degrees, are only acceptable if the qualification is predominantly in the subject of English Language or English Literature and/or Mathematics. LNER driver Trudi Kinchella, apprentice driver Vandana Mungur and driver Mena Sutharsan. 08 Feb 2023 11:00:00 Now we're looking for the people who can deliver this, every day. LNER Careers LNER Careers, Jobs, Search and Apply. You'll need the certificates, if you can't you'll be doing them as part of the apprenticeship. Classroom training is 29k (4 months odd), handling will be something like 42k (for 6-12 months) and the moment you qualify up to full pay. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Its also likely to include practice papers. Cookie Policy. Im unsure if theyre even taking on those without GCSE level education now, the most recent trainees Ive met (did their cab experience very recently) all had to have their GCSEs or better by the sounds of it. Many thanks for this unique platform. Youll need to count the beeps you hear in low tones only. Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; Just got an email about the role at Kings Cross for LNER as an Apprentice Train Driver. Anyone interested in attending the programme is encouraged to visit https://www.springpod.com/virtual-work-experience/lner-tomorrows-talent where you can find further information and submit their application. Found it impossibly hard as the lack of response from anyone made it such an artificial situation I just couldn't get into a rhythm of answering the questions and ended up sat there in what seemed like endless periods of silence, culminating in stopping entirely and being unable to record any more. What our customers say about our Train Driving tests. Cohort 11 - Apprentice Train driver training - Week 2 of traction training on the 80x class with LNER LIMITED at Hitachi Rail Doncaster with Ross Liked by Gareth Asquith Very well done to. For example, a Group Bourdon test is just 10 minutes long, whereas a situational judgement test will allow for more time. Health & wellbeingTo create a culture where our people can perform at their best, the physical health and mental wellbeing of our people is of paramount importance to us. Train driver apprenticeships As a Train Driver Apprentice , you will be responsible for the safe and prompt transport of customers to their various destinations. Once you've checked you meet the minimum criteria, hit Apply now! Its situational judgment. 12 She spent 'ample time in labs' and worked on Alzheimer's for her MSc project. Describe how you reacted. Smarter. Fair enough, surprised then why they dont just have a 20 minute zoom interview or something would be far better then 6 questions with no back and fourth. Our partner Picked makes it simple to assess your candidates quickly and accurately. Additional job details. Head to the RSSB website and look at RIS-3451-TOM to check you meet the standards. LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains. It is anindustryscheme centred around improving the management of training and recruitment for train drivers. These are just a few, but hopefully, theyll help. Ah OK. Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total), The Train Driver Assessments & Interviews, Requirements, Medical Standards & Age Limits, Train Operating Companies, Depots & Contact Details, Train Driver Job Vacancies & What To Do Next, This topic has 1 reply, 5 voices, and was last updated. You must log in or register to reply here. On a positive note I'm glad I did not get the job. My advice is never get hooked on the OT, live life off the salary and then youll never be buggered when disputes start! It may not display this or other websites correctly. Check out our special offers and updates. Welcome to the classroom with our Apprentice Train Drivers! Questions at video interview and one-to-one interview are the same Have you ever had to respond to an emergency situation? And if that sounds like you, and you want to go do you thing in the transport industry, we can help. I completed an application on their website, then was invited to take an online interview where I answered around 5 questions. Permanent + 1. Tomorrows Talent is our popular online work experience programme. Not everyone is naturally suited to the job. In almost all cases, the TOC to which you have applied will send you a preparation pack outlining the tests you'll face, and the schedule for your assessment day. Free travel on LNER + 75% off other companies' tickets (for you & dependents), Discounted international train tickets (after one year's service), 50% discount on LNER tickets for friends & family, Discount, savings and cashback scheme from top retailers, Host of training opportunities to help further your career, Rewards & awards to recognise when you shine. Done mine tonight and have got to do the video interview next. SE Trains Limited. We, Yahoo, are part of the Yahoo family of brands. Have you applied for any other companies before hand or this your first try? These tests are only administered by some TOCs, so may not always make up part of your assessment. authenticate users, apply security measures, and prevent spam and abuse, and, display personalised ads and content based on interest profiles, measure the effectiveness of personalised ads and content, and, develop and improve our products and services. contact IPSO here, 2001-2023. Any tips for the SJT questions as I was told they seem quite easy but they are quite strict as to what answers are correct. You may even find it easier than anything you ever done before. lnerjobs.co.uk Good luck to those who apply . Apprentice Driver at LNER Greater Edinburgh Area. If you haven't checked already there may be roles available - click here to find out. We also collaborate with external partners to offer a wide range of apprenticeship opportunities in other roles. When I applied, it required me to upload my GCSE certificates there and then. You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Sit the official train driver assessment centre (797+vat); Free lifetime access to the online train driver recruitment training course (normally 147+vat); Free lifetime access to the online train driver testing suite (normally 54+vat). I have my A level ones and know my GCSE grades as they're on my CV and old employer but u assume LNER is quite strict with seeing the certificates. The Test of Everyday Attention challenges your concentration, auditory and visual observation, and multi-tasking skills, alongside your ability to follow specific instruction. Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total) Author. We know this makes it a lengthy process for our candidates, so before you click that apply' button, take a look at the requirements of the role and the steps that will follow, to make sure you are fully prepared. Apply Today. Get train times and book tickets, with the best LNER fares to London, Leeds, Newcastle and more guaranteed. Join train driver Dyl. Three of LNER's female drivers, left to right: Trudi Kinchella, apprentice Vandana Mungur and former neuroscientist Mena Sutharsan Mena Sutharsan, 36, did a BSc in biomedical science at UCL. Has anyone heard anything back? I'm going to have to dig around for those ancient GCSE certificates now, might take me a while! Questions are presented as diagrams and illustrations, and youll need to identify the correct response to the question prompt at speed, as youll be working to a time limit. As these skills are natural capabilities, there is no preexisting knowledge required to pass your train driver selection tests. To complete this assessment, youll need to answer a series of multiple-choice questions around concepts like gears, pulleys, levers, force and movement, all relevant to the technical aspects of your role as a train driver. Five tips on how best to prepare for train driver tests 1) Study your preparation pack. Nothing wrong with the test, shame about the candidate. Annoyingly I cant apply, I failed the psychometric test with another company in November. Youll be given a series of prompts asking you to identify grid entries that match certain criteria. bespoke development . If you fail your first attempt at the train driver assessment, youre permitted a second attempt provided it is more than six months after the first. Comments have been closed on this article. OLE Apprentice Juniper Crescent, London Signalling Apprentice Brentwood, Essex Signalling Apprentice Bristol, Gloucestershire Signalling Apprentice Swindon, Wiltshire Track Apprentice Kings Norton, Birmingham Track Apprentice Brentwood, Essex Traction and Rolling Stock Apprentice Rugby, Midlands Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. Vacancies for this apprenticeship programme are advertised as and when there is demand within the business, so register an account for alerts on when our apprenticeship opportunities are available! Newsquest Media Group Ltd, Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Yeah mate, for the structured you get a form to fill in where you can show from experience how youve handled a situation and theyll ask you to elaborate on them during the interview. This varies. Can you tell us a time when youve worked under pressure? Hey guys! I wasn't expecting it to be about ratios and percentages, so basic arithmetic, I must try harder next time, thanks. As an apprentice, you will be trained in many areas, including driving and maintaining our trains/rail network and be taught how to work in a range of railway areas, such as depots . If you have a complaint about the editorial content which relates to You will need to achieve an ICT Level 2 qualification as part of the apprenticeship programme, unless you already hold an equivalent qualification. Three of LNER's female drivers, left to right: Trudi Kinchella, apprentice Vandana Mungur and former neuroscientist Mena Sutharsan Mena Sutharsan, 36, did a BSc in biomedical science at UCL and then a masters in neuroscience at King's College London. Are you sure you want to delete this comment? Ten przycisk wywietla obecnie wybrany rodzaj wyszukiwania. I took it after a long night at work, so it might be the reason why concentration was difficult. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. LNER has opened up this year's applications for full-time apprentices who will train as drivers and be based in Newcastle.

Demond Wilson Preacher, Longest Serving Prisoner Uk, 1965 Southern Illinois Basketball Roster, Articles L

lner apprentice driver