that thing you do soundtrack vinyl mondo

: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, The early-'60s pop group The Wonders never existed outside of That Thing You Do, Tom Hanks' feature-film directorial debut--but a lot of bands like them sure did. He fights for The User. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 25, 2013. Is Discontinued By Manufacturer Reviewed in the United States on September 5, 2016. I already had the DVD and it took a while before I decided that I needed the CD so that I could have the music on my phone/tablet/etc. I love this movie, and love the music. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. The server is misbehaving. You'll find yourself wanting to buy the soundtrack -- which I did and love it. Watched the movie, music fabulous. Reviewed in the United States on October 24, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on January 8, 2022, I love everything about this one what can you say Tom Hanks is great for the job, Reviewed in the United States on May 17, 2021. Reviewed in the United States on February 7, 2017. Heres how it works. That Thing You Do! That is just a suggestion. Lovin' You Lost And Lots - The Norm Wooster Singers 2. If you didnt like the movie then Id suggest listening to nickleback or the ramones. Comparisons with the Beatles is, I suppose, inevitable, though one shouldn't forget the Monkees either, as this is pure Americana and is my most often played OST apart from Vangelis' (very different) OST to Blade Runner. That Thing You Do is available to stream through Cinemax and can be purchased or rented on Digital HD, Blu-ray, and DVD. , Label Artwork by JC Richard. Needless to say, the playing is top notch and the whole set has a brilliantly upbeat quality which makes the album a pleasure to listen to. 1996 SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT. Includes Video Tutorials for each lesson, taught by the author. Character Series 0. You'll find yourself wanting to buy the soundtrack -- which I did and love it. "The music of Star Wars is so essential and monumental that it seems an impossible task for any new composer to take the reins," Mo Shafeek, Mondo Creative Director of Music, shared in a statement. 2:46 - 4:39 Lovin' You Lots and Lots 4:39 - 7:09 Little Wild One 7:09 - 9:15 Dance With Me Tonight 9:1. One of my favorite movies! I'm very happy with this purchase. Shipping and taxes calculated at checkout. $1.80 + $7.19 shipping. As test pressings are typically done before any manufacturing, there is no album specific artwork associated with the discs. Usually ships within 6 to 10 days. If you've seen the movie, I defy you to resist the title song--a perfect pop confection that captures the musical spirit of the era (and the high spirits of the movie) with cleverness and glee. Reviewed in the United States on January 6, 2023. Is Discontinued By Manufacturer In addition, the site has the "Soul" Original . Stay tuned to CinemaBlend for all the latest updates in the movies. This rich, melodic soundtrack mixes jazz, electronics and rhymic drums that are as hypnotic as the long and winding roads it is soundtracking. Shipping and taxes calculated at checkout. Written and directed by Tom Hanks, based on the career of a fictional band "The Wonders". All My Only Dreams - The Wonders 6. If you win this auction you'll be the first person in the world (outside of Mondo and Playtone) to own a copy of the full original soundtrack to THAT THING YOU DO on vinyl. , Language If you've seen the movie, I defy you to resist the title song--a perfect pop confection that captures the musical spirit of the era (and the high spirits of the movie) with cleverness and glee. , Number of discs Perhaps next years 25th anniversary will provide the opportunity to give the world another re-release of That Thing You Do, be it as a theatrical event or a new home video restoration. Even a repress of this would be nice. , Manufacturer Either way, its a generous gesture for a good cause, and a rockin classic. Reviewed in the United States on May 13, 2021, Bought this as a gift for my father. Adam Schlesinger from Fountains of Wayne had a hand in this soundtrack album as he wrote the title song. Music by Wojciech Kilar. Definitely recommend! While the extended cut doesn't go full. However, thats not the end to the huge changes that the film would see. Mondo This vinyl box set is a limited edition, one time pressing on 180 gram vinyl discs. Like many musicians, Armstrong expected to spend much of 2020 on the road, touring in support of the band's chart-topping February album, 'Father of All.' However, once the COVID-19 pandemic forced him to put those plans on pause, How nice. For a list of shipping rates. . The seller even included a hand written note with the CD wishing me happiness with the CD! is as harmless as the 60's pop music it crafted a full soundtrack's worth of material mimicking. The ending that That Thing You Do would eventually land on was a series of photos detailing where each member of the group wound up in their futures. That Thing You Do! , Product Dimensions Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon, [{"displayPrice":"$15.83","priceAmount":15.83,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"15","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"83","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"0mYEZbQIx6A0bTUPepuNUkGxQsznx2tWNW%2B61ReleqA3KOWMrlMi0TUaqvtVZER8iClbWPgB99iwo07gwOLbtivxgYPjk8oXqyI7%2BL0U%2BUZwAgmxCgS88wbw2yImZMgHEusiH9G6xfVTMuoSF%2Fxa8A%2FBPiostvD4sFH1qrUJkLmiZA3emyzeKr1S3MyBZZMs","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"NEW"},{"displayPrice":"$14.02","priceAmount":14.02,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"14","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"02","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"2fJ%2BPO%2B8QAuUOsO4e%2BUIsjqqdk2nC94tyIPLGkpjuAqBDUL%2FOF5D7A0qZs35HFEczqe0ESw%2B228ouFby1cJxwosFP43v3B2OGe6%2F79aOslVVKrBzhlNjrKpwKpnrVm8%2BIK%2F1R7zpDQNYuqw9%2B8RDcq%2BsF4UzxFArMff2NpwNIXCKwDc2a%2FbrhV01C9tpgQfa","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"USED"}]. ${cardName} unavailable for quantities greater than ${maxQuantity}. : Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. Pre-order Now. Adam Schlesinger from Fountains of Wayne had a hand in this soundtrack album as he wrote the title song. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 15, 2018, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 3, 2016, Brilliant cd and fast delivery would recommend this cd, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 6, 2011. Mondo. ${cardName} not available for the seller you chose. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. The soundtrack features most of the music from the film and is a decent accompanying item if you're a fan of the film-I love the way it is released on Playtone which was-the fictitious record label featured in the film. Next page. , Original Release Date An absolute value. The songs by the Wonders are the best ones, naturally, some of which are easily as good as (or better than) the Beatles in their rock n roll days. CinemaBlend's James Bond (expert). There was a problem. Also versed in Large Scale Aggressors, time travel, and Guillermo del Toro. Do you guys reckon it would be possible to petition this soundtrack onto a vinyl release. Fans of early 90's post-rock will find a lot to love here. Please try again. : The first song, "Lovin' You Lots and Lots" (written by Hanks himself) is a hilariously awful example of the insipid "grown-up" pop Muzak of the mid-'60s (performed by the Ray Coniff-like "Norm Wooster Singers"), but the element of parody in these tracks is suffused with affection. , ASIN All the songs are original compositions, several of them co-written by director Tom Hanks, all in classic sixties style with the benefits of modern recording and production techniques. It's so fun to hear little things in the music that match things done by the Beatles in their recordings. "That Thing You Do!" by The Wonders:Listen to The Wonders: https://TheWonders.lnk.to/listenYDLyrics:Well, I try and try to forget you, girlBut it's just so h. As a souvenir of the movie, this soundtrack more than fills the bill. Get first dibs on new arrivals and advance notice on everything we do. Fans of early 90's post-rock will find a lot to love here. Written by Adam Schlesinger Sad Sad Boy Written by Adam Schlesinger Back Together Written by Adam Schlesinger Lovin' You Lots and Lots Written by Tom Hanks I Can Hear the Children Laughing Written by Tom Hanks La seora de dos costas Written by Tom Hanks Mr. Reviewed in the United States on May 16, 2017, Having lived through these times for real with the Beatles, the Stones and the Dave Clark Five the recording of, Reviewed in the United States on September 30, 2017. Thank you and may Tom Hanks bless your soul. they did a Wonder-ful job of capturing the era of the movie. CD arrived safely and well worth the money. Select delivery location Temporarily out of stock. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 8, 2013. Mondo - E.T. Hand-selected favorites, just for you. All the songs are original compositions, several of them co-written by director Tom Hanks, all in classic sixties style with the benefits of modern recording and production techniques. You can watch it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/4975176218:02 - 20:33 Mr. Downtown20:33 - 23:45 Hold My Hand, Hold My Heart23:45 - 26:49 Voyage Around the Moon26:49 - 29:50 My World Is Over29:50 - 32:37 Drive Faster32:37 - 34:59 Shrimp Shack34:59 - 39:18 Time to Blow-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Support channel:Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/FilmsFullOSTWebMoney (Euro): E235174955722Bitcoin: 1BCQwAiwh57GC1ewbkk1uohQTb8mYMA8pL-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#FilmsFullOST #ThatThingYouDo #ThatThingYouDoSoundtrack It would be interesting to see how The Wonders lives were originally supposed to play out, with Obba Babatunds Lamarr breaking that fourth wall barrier to inform us. So that's how all of this stuff happened. Stay tuned to CinemaBlend for all the latest updates in the movies realm. Please refresh the page and try again. - That Thing You Do! Original Song by Annie Lennox. . Sony. The soundtrack features most of the music from the film and is a decent accompanying item if you're a fan of the film-I love the way it is released on Playtone which was-the fictitious record label featured in the film. (The deadpan "historical" liner notes are priceless.) The tunes and performances perfectly evoke that cusp of time in rock history when one era was ending and another was beginning, while the production values are retro and yet modern, clean, and sharp. Various Artists - That Thing You Do! Halloween 3: The Season Of The Witch Original Soundtrack LP Music by John Carpenter & Alan Howarth $35.00 Low Stock Mad Max Fury Road - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP Music by Tom Holkenborg $35.00 Pre-Order God of War Ragnarok - Original Soundtrack 3XLP + Slipcase Music by Bear McCreary $60.00 Pre-Order Exclusive For some reason, I did not see the movie 'That Thing You Do', when it was originally released. Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab). Tracklist: 0:00 - 2:46 That Thing You Do! Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 8, 2013. : While there were a lot of aspects that Tom Hanks directors cut of That Thing You Do actually drew in better context, the original ending is one of those deleted moments that still hasnt seen the light of day. ), there's also a girl-group single ("Hold My Hand, Hold My Heart" by the Chantrellines); a teen hearbreak anthem ("My World is Over" by Diane Dane); "one of the seminal jazz recordings of 1958" ("Time To Blow," by Del Paxton) and much, much more! Eligible for Return, Refund or Replacement within 30 days of receipt. Leave feedback about your eBay ViewItem experience, - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, THAT THING YOU DO Soundtrack ~ The Wonders, cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab, Report this item - opens in new window or tab. Soundtracks are trendy, this will probably happen. You can watch it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/4975176215:01 - 18:02 She Knows It was blocked in some countries. Basic synopsis, no plot spoilers! The Extra-Terrestrial Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 40th Anniversary Edition (Black Vinyl) RRP: 54.99. For a list of shipping rates. Seller is very nice! : Better Than Carrots or Sticks: Restorative Practices for Positive Classroom Management. The Complex, Entourage, Mix This, O'Henry's, Ocean Way. Discover the best records from around the world. Please choose a different delivery location. RIP to your empathy. Trust us: theyre good. That Thing You Do is available to stream through Cinemax and can be purchased or rented on Digital HD, Blu-ray, and DVD. Making sure your deck looks good and sounds great. Change.org Uh oh. That Thing You Do! And, dammit, these are some really catchy toe-tappers! : As a souvenir of the movie, this soundtrack more than fills the bill. Reviewed in the United States on October 26, 2021. Reviewed in the United States on February 7, 2017. The soundtrack from a movie called "That Thing You Do!". (CD, 1996) Soundtrack. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. On my long commute home I will listen to these fun songs and make the time pass by. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. I already had the DVD and it took a while before I decided that I needed the CD so that I could have the music on my phone/tablet/etc. Play on Spotify - That Thing You Do! The seller even included a hand written note with the CD wishing me happiness with the CD! Good music. I loved it! Tracklist: 0:00 - 2:46 That Thing You Do! : Needless to say, the playing is top notch and the whole set has a brilliantly upbeat quality which makes the album a pleasure to listen to. If youre old school (and I bet you are) and like to dance youll like it too! Review by Cub Koda This is the soundtrack to the Tom Hanks -written and -directed movie about a fictional rock & roll band from Erie, PA (the Wonders), who luck into their one and only hit record in 1964. One of my favorite movies! Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations. Im sure you can find something you like to listen to! The Wonders That Thing You Do! That is just a suggestion. . What you are bidding on contains both of those items. Except for books, Amazon will display a List Price if the product was purchased by customers on Amazon or offered by other retailers at or above the List Price in at least the past 90 days. 2018. 15 Songs, 42 minutes Turns Out, It Was Chance The Rapper. Mondo Music and Playtonehave been hard at work to produce the premiere vinyl edition of the soundtrack to THAT THING YOU DO! , Number of discs Personally, I feel as though it should be released in limited quantities on this upcoming Record Store Day, because many fans of the vinyl format have most likely seen and connected with the movie and this is the one day of the year where they will all be together in one space. Japanese reissue of the original soundtrack album. 35 offers from $14.29. The songs by the Wonders are the best ones, naturally, some of which are easily as good as (or better than) the Beatles in their rock n roll days. Comparisons with the Beatles is, I suppose, inevitable, though one shouldn't forget the Monkees either, as this is pure Americana and is my most often played OST apart from Vangelis' (very different) OST to Blade Runner. One of the things we learned is that in earlier versions of the film, things played out rather differently. I love this movie, and love the music. Housed inside a . by Tom Hanks Audio CD . You can try refreshing the page, and if you're still having problems, just try again later. Call me a freakin lunatic, I dont care but I like the movie and all the songs on this CD soundtrack. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods. Soundtrack Sort Order Name Artist That Thing You Do! Quieres hacer lo mismo? You will receive a verification email shortly. And that was like a majority of the first act. Shadow of the Vampire (Remastered and Revamped) - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP, For Your Consideration LP by Jason Priest, Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Viewtiful Joe 2 - Original Game Soundtrack 2xLP Mondo Exclusive, Animal Crossing - Totakeke Music Instrumental Selection LP, Fantasy Zone - Original Video Game Soundtrack LP, Space Amoeba - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP, Godzilla, Mothra & King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP, Matango - Original Motion Picture Score LP, Turbo Kid (Chronicles Of The Wasteland) 2XLP, LOST: We Have To Go Back The Live Concert 3XLP, Evil Dead - A Nightmare Reimagined 2 x Vinyl LP, Say Anything - Expanded Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP, Twin Peaks: Music From The Limited Event Series 2XLP, Thief - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP, Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping Original Soundtrack 2XLP (Thriller, Also), Home Alone Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP, Sable - Original Video Game Soundtrack 2XLP, Trover Saves The Universe - Original Video Game Soundtrack LP, Project Blue - Original Video Game Soundtrack LP, ESCism - Original Video Game Soundtrack LP, Marvel's Avengers - Original Video Game Soundtrack LP, Skelattack - Original Video Game Soundtrack 2XLP, Halo Infinite - Original Video Game Soundtrack 2XLP, Gareth Coker, Joel Corelitz and Curtis Schweitzer, Sonic Spinball - Original Video Game Soundtrack LP, Howard Drossin, Brian Coburn and Barry Blum, Ghost of Tsushima: Music from Iki Island & Legends LP, Returnal - Original Video Game Soundtrack LP. Help others learn more about this product by uploading a video! The Wonders 3. In addition to some other Wonders hits (not the least of which is "Shrimp Shack," from their first movie appearance in. Reviewed in the United States on November 5, 2019, Really good songs but is missing the I am Spartacus track. I saw a couple of "bits and pieces" of it on the television, when the movie was about 15 years old, and found it interesting and entertaining. This was a good-feeling light hearted comedy which is basically suitable for all ages of viewers. I'll bite my tongue about the weird Hallmark holiday special direction she opted to go for the artwork, and just say the title track is maybe the best song she's ever written. So maybe come up with some better things that happened to The Wonders. Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2016. translation missing: en.general.social.share_tw, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Season One - Original Soundtrack 2XLP, MONDO's Best of 2022 - Posters, Vinyl, Toys & Collectibles, Severance - Season 1 (Apple TV+ Original Television Soundtrack) Innie Edition, A TRIP TO THE MOON by Jonathan Burton (Posters) (On-Sale Info), GODZILLA AGAINST MECHAGODZILLA + GODZILLA VS. KING GHIDORAH (Vinyl) (On-Sale Info), COCAINE BEAR by WBYK (Poster) (On-Sale Info). The scene that survived the late hour culling was where The Wonders record That Thing You Dos title track in a church, thanks to the aid of Guys Uncle Bob, played by recording artist/actor Chris Isaak. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 15, 2018, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 3, 2016, Brilliant cd and fast delivery would recommend this cd, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 6, 2011. Enjoyed the movie and now the soundtrack. He absolutely loves the film's music and was pleased with the full track list. Groupthink is what morons say when they don't have the ability to see the world around them and break free of their anecdotal, narcissistic existence. Este sitio est protegido por reCAPTCHA y se aplica la. Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Audio, Cassette, Soundtrack, September 24, 1996, Previous page of related Sponsored Products. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we dont use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

Difference Between Chili's Original And House Ribs, Articles T

that thing you do soundtrack vinyl mondo