whiteleys garden centre afternoon tea

By this time our tea was cold. It was super duper!! Popped in yesterday for a sandwich.Lot's of staff wondering around doing nothing.Very overpriced.Had to ask if cafe was open.Counter looked a mess.Not impressed. standard or deluxe? contact the editor here. Cafe Whiteleys. We will definitely revisit and We live close and visit on odd occasions. Whiteleys are a garden centre, soap, sandwiches cake salads and hot meal. Ellis Heeley, Other at Cafe Whiteleys, responded to this review. more. I would also comment on the absolutely delicious cream scone - WOW! We're sorry, hotels cannot be booked for more than 30 days. Each afternoon tea for two is only 22 and is also available in vegan and gluten free options Each Mother's Day afternoon tea for. After 35 minutes we asked what was happening and got some responseabout table numbers, so they didnt know where we were! As you shared in your review, this was not the case for youMore, Lovely place and weve been coming for years but really disappointed on the last few visits for breakfast. Own or manage this property? Thank you so much, you deserve credit where credit is due. We recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment. I avoided the cooked breakfast today for that reason and ordered a toasted currant t-cake and that came toasted but flat cold so not sure how long it had been sitting waiting to be brought to the table. Nothing was too much trouble for them. 023 940. website ; Review Now ; Fired Art Ceramic Studio . TERRIBLE tea! After 35 minutes we asked what was happening and got some responseabout table numbers, so they didnt know where we were! The staff were super helpful and friendly. Unfortunately atthe second till you have to join another queue with all those who just want coffee and cake??? Again very disappointed. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Great Atmospheredefinately need to extend the tables as struggled to get seated! Clean. The additional cakes and home made biscuits were lovely too. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. You can find everything you need for your home and garden, as it boasts a variety of products including garden accessories, homeware, gifts and more. 10/10. Not quite the pleasant lunch wed looked forward to. Tender beef and moist Turkey breast. Prenota hotel a Londra, Oddbins Fine Wine Shops, e avrai il prezzo pi basso garantito da Trip.com! Went to food counter to order food, but no menu, only to be told find a vacant table, look at the menu & come back & order your food We had been given a deluxe afternoon tea voucher for Christmas. It most certainly will be somewhere that we will return to. 35 photos. A winner will be selected at random each week and the prize will be presented by either our plant area manager or our cafe manager. recently) and viewed the menu. Your feedback is important, and we rely on hearing from our guests to ensure were doing a great job.As you shared in your review, this was not the case for you and for this, we do apologize. Frozen chips,frozen peas, frozen 2 onion rings ,mushrooms. Carvery open this Sunday. Never eat here again , my sister got the vegetarian option a ciabatte sandwich and she had 1 bite and took it back, I should have done the same. But the meal was good but we were under the impression that we would chose 2 sandwiches each, no we were only allowed to chose one each. 01924 495944. We will definitely revisit and couldnt recommend it enough! Recently visited whiteleys garden centre cafe in Mirfield West Yorkshire. We were so full that we took a 'doggy bag' home so it was definitely worth the money, especially with the staff being so pleasant too. Each week in September we will be giving away either a plant from our plant centre or an afternoon tea for two. Is this a place where you pay before receiving your order? Im sorry but Ive no idea. My partner got a breakfast and it was luke warm and the poached egg was hard. We are sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with us. Damon Albarn. We would not return to Whiteleys for afternoon tea as we feel this was probably the least favourite of our afternoon tea experiences. A new find your seat system in place but we didnt know and no one told us. Came here with my hubby on a whim but so glad we did. Baubles and Bubbly. luke warm at best. Wed looked forward to catching up on nice surroundings but it was horrendous. The food was poor, except for the chips which were very good. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. Trova hotel economici vicino a Londra, Oddbins Fine Wine Shops, a partire da 13EUR con recensioni e valutazioni degli ospiti precedenti. The cafe is always quite busy whenever you go. The food was nice and the coffees good - albeit not red hot. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. Cafe Whiteleys: Halloween afternoon tea - See 251 traveler reviews, 35 candid photos, and great deals for Mirfield, UK, at Tripadvisor. Find Whiteleys on Leeds Road, Mirfield near Huddersfield. Amongst the twinkling Christmas decorations, Whiteleys are inviting visitors to meet Santa in his festive grotto from 24 th November. Save. Very disorganised and chaotic. Just not worth the money. Thank you so much, you deserve credit where credit is due . We have been going every year for at least the last twenty or so and have always enjoyed same.We therefore decided to try theirMore, Wanted to go out so decided to go to the Cafe Whiteley at the Garden Centre. It was our first visit to Whitley's and it certainly won't be our last. This place is a hidden gem with an interesting garden centre . Due to the lateness of our arrival there were one or two things listed on the menu they which were sold out - but with such an excellent selection of alternatives, we were not disappointed! Alver Valley Garden Centre, Barrington Close, Gosport, PO13 8NZ . Wed looked forward to catching up on nice surroundings but it was We visited Whitley's Garden Centre today mainly to have afternoon tea but also to buy some shrubs. By this time our tea was cold. Not sure what has happened with their food and standards but we will not be going back.More, Good Afternoon, Three of our party couldn't manage the scones so a card 'doggy-bag' box was provided with a smile. Closed now : See all hours. - See 255 traveler reviews, 35 candid photos, and great deals for Mirfield, UK, at Tripadvisor. Also ordered a BBQ chicken toasted sandwich, this was equally poor quality. The food was poor, except for the chips which were very good. Jean. Hotels near (DSA) Doncaster Sheffield Airport, Hotels near (MAN) Manchester Intl Airport, British Restaurants for Families in Mirfield, British Restaurants for Special Occasions in Mirfield. Treat that special someone to a Valentine's afternoon tea for two at Whiteleys for just 14.99! A tea bag in your cup and a pot of hot (but not hot enough) water. The Garden Coffee Lounge: What a gem of a place - See 137 traveler reviews, 29 candid photos, and great deals for Liversedge, UK, at Tripadvisor. Far Common Road | Whiteleys Garden Centre, Mirfield WF14 0DQ, England. Ordered our food and drinks but no one asked which table we were on. To top it off one of the ladies moving the tables reached over us to move the table number to another table which was a little rude. The tea was disgusting anyway! BursledonTripadvisorBursledon Art Centres. It was super duper!! Again very disappointed. They decided to move all the furniture around us - callingacross the cafe to each other and dragging tables and chairs across the floor! Thank you, again for taking the time to share a review with us, Hi Richard,Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. They had obviously come out of the dishwasher but were neither dry nor clean ! But the meal was good Will be visiting soon with my friends!! Mirfield Garden Centre, formally known as Whiteleys Garden Centre, joined the British Garden Centres family in October 2022, being the 62ndcentre to join the group. They decided to move all the furniture around us - calling across the cafe to each other and dragging tables and chairs across the floor! As a subscriber, you are shown 80% less display advertising when reading our articles. Called in Whiteleys with a friend for lunch.Not very busy but an enjoyable meal.We both had steak and mushroom pie,potatoes and veg.Loads of gravy in a jug.We also had a pot of tea for two.Very reasonably priced. I ordered standard at 19 to then be told it included 2 hot drinks, I said Id already paid for 2 drinks at 6.70 so could we have the deluxe afternoon tea for 19 instead? Was dreadfully salty, fatty ,knife couldn't cut. As you shared in your review, this was not the case for you and for this, we do apologize. How do you get tea wrong? Both me and my partner ended up leaving most of it. Whiteleys Garden Centre & Cafe Whiteleys is a Garden center located at Far Common Rd, Mirfield, WF14 0DQ, GB. Continue reading . We took our grandsons out for breakfast on Monday 13th. We were given a pot of tea at the point of ordering and we had finished this before we received our food. Mirfield Tourism Mirfield Hotels Mirfield Guest House Mirfield Holiday Homes Mirfield Holiday Packages Mirfield Flights Cafe Whiteleys; Fabulous. Visited here a couple of weeks ago food still good but new owners just taken over so no little glass of wine with our lunch. The crisps that I can only assume were garnish were broken bits. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Recently visited whiteleys garden centre cafe in Mirfield West Yorkshire. They serve hot tasty food at reasonable prices which reflect seasonal variations as well as hot and coldMore. NO CRACKS OR CHIPS. Just not worth the money. IMAGE OF LADY IN . more, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, There are newer reviews for Cafe Whiteleys. did not taste like good quality produce was used in the making of it. We have had afternoon tea in many places with a choice of 4-5 different sandwich fillings. I can heartily recommend the salmon and prawn salad, and the baked potato with cream cheese and pineapple: first class! FLUTED EDGE IN GOLD. The business is listed under garden center, cafe, tea house category. Dreadfully dinnerMore. Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. Give the gift of choice. Just not worth the money. Three of our party couldn't manage the scones so a card 'doggy-bag' box was provided with a smile. Cafe Whiteleys is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: Far Common Road Whiteleys Garden Centre, Mirfield WF14 0DQ England. Including our monthly gardening blogs available all year round. Thank you so much, you deserve credit where credit is due More, Took my daughter today for lunch. In my opinion, the food is amazing! Customer Service par excellence - and a very nice lunch to boot! We were given little boxes to take anything we couldn't manage to eat home with us. Get quick answers from Cafe Whiteleys staff and past visitors. We will be back. It was our first visit to Whitley's and it certainly won't be our last. HP10 9TY. What a shame that a decent cafe has to such a low level of quality in food, drink and service. Its worth calling in to relax a while and enjoy the views. Dreadfully dinnerMore. The additional cakes and home made biscuits were lovely too. I think as they leave it sat on the side whilst they put the stuff on the plate, by the time it gets to you it isluke warm at best. New Users/How to Create a User Account User Login allows you to access your saved Shortlist of properties. standard or deluxe? Very pleasant, Now mirfield garden centre Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page. They decided to move all the furniture around us - callingacross the cafe to each other and dragging tables and chairs across the floor! Just to add insult to injury, the coffee was awful. The cafe is always quite busy whenever you go. Continue reading . It was our first visit to Whitley's and it certainly won't be our last. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. January 28, 2020. All in all, and excellent lunch time with friends - thanks to all the staff who went above and beyond to serve us (despite the limitations of ingredients at the late hour) Excellent value and service. We'd booked the Classic Afternoon Tea for my friend's special birthday treat. Editors' Code of Practice. Pesan hotel di Oddbins Fine Wine Shops London dan dapatkan jaminan harga terbaik dari Trip.com! Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. You are given a small teapot and if you want a refill the staff have to sign your receipt so you are not able to have more tea without paying for it. We pride ourselves on homemade and unfortunately the oven breaking down was out of our control. Called in here today for some late lunch. I guess for 11 each it was ok, but not sure I would get it again.. Far Common Road Whiteleys Garden Centre, Mirfield WF14 0DQ England. Their salad bar is really good as I like to be able to pick what I want. The crisps that I can only assume were garnish were broken bits. Our customers are the heart of our business and we value each and everyone. For more details ask a member of our team in-store. For a refreshing Summer Special add a large jug of Pimm's & Lemonade to your Deluxe Afternoon Tea (All for only 24.99 For Two!!) 10/10. E-mail. Ordered an Americano and got pale brown see through water! To top it off one of the ladies moving the tables reached over us to move the table number to another table which was a little rude. Please could you send an email to ellis@whiteleys-gc.co.uk with your details and we shall discuss further how we can rectify the experience for you, we do hope you will give us another opportunity to earn your business.Thank you, again for taking the time to share a review with us, Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. They treated everyone with the greatest respect and care. Nice staff, high chairs and clean site. All reviews scones cake quiche prawns salmon garden centre afternoon tea nice lunch at lunchtime christmas compost deluxe yorkshire credit . Registered in England & Wales | 01676637 |. Far Common Road | Whiteleys Garden Centre, Mirfield WF14 0DQ, England. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. FLUTED EDGE IN GOLD. We were given little boxes to take anything we couldn't manage to eat home with us. Worth a visit. For a Deluxe afternoon tea, the cafe was extremely busy, which is a good sign I always think?! Was dreadfully salty, fatty ,knife couldn't cut. It won't be long before I visit again, but has solved the problem for Christmas presents for several of my friends. What you witnessed is unacceptable and will be fed back to our Caf team and addressed immediately. Be assured, we will be back! We found atable & bought 2 drinks at the other counter. wentworthgardencentre.co.uk 01226 744842, Whiteleys Garden Centre This has an award-winning caf with its own pastry chef so already wins our vote. Share. Far Common Road Whiteleys Garden Centre, Mirfield WF14 0DQ England +44 1924 495944 Website. Your feedback is important, and we rely on hearing from our guests to ensure were doing a great job. This site is part of Newsquest's audited local newspaper network. This will be fed back to the team and rectified immediately. We have our NEW 'Savoury Tea For Two' which includes a savoury selection for 2 plus a choice of freshly made sandwiches or enjoy our usual Classic Afternoon Tea For Two (both include a cup of house tea or coffee.) The staff are always very friendly and helpful which is typical of us Yorkshire people. One of our choices was prawn, well this was the most basic prawn sandwich we have ever had - just prawns in bread with a prawn sauce in a paper container. The grated cheese fell out onto the plate so we ended up with bread, the ham was discoloured & fatty. What a shame that a decent cafe has to such a low level of quality in food, drink and service. So I asked for gammon, with egg, Your feedback is important, and we rely on hearing from our guests to ensure were doing a great job. What a shame that a decent cafe has to such a low level of quality in food, drink and service.More, Good Morning Steve, It appeared that many other customers were confused by the queue system too, and judging by the food left on plates their choice was equally disappointing. Find Whiteleys on Leeds Road, Mirfield near Huddersfield. The food was nice and the coffees good - albeit not red hot. castlehoward.co.uk Garden Centre 01653 648668, Victoria Farm Garden Centre This is a small family run garden centre with caf that has views over Whitby including Whitby Abbey. Its such a shame as its a lovely place but they need to get the system working a little better. Was not rushed out or anything. Not sure what has happened with their food and standards but we will not be going back. Also ordered a BBQ chicken toasted sandwich, this was equally poor quality. Mar 30, 2016 @Whiteleysgc. Whiteley's Garden Centre - Mirfield. So sadly disappointing- surely it could have been done when the cafe was emptyMore, We visited Whitley's Garden Centre today mainly to have afternoon tea but also to buy some shrubs. Good selection of fresh vegetables, large Yorkshire pudding and very friendly service. Cafe Whiteleys is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travelers: Far Common Road Whiteleys Garden Centre, Mirfield WF14 0DQ England. The Old Government House Hotel & Spa: Wonderful afternoon! It seemed much better overall. Everything was homemade and really nice. Meal .8.99.Tea 1.89.Very attentive staff.Will be visiting again. We would like to rectify this situation for you. bettys.co.uk 01423 505604, Castle Howard Garden Centre Another destination garden centre that just so happens to be part of one of Yorkshires great historic country houses. Was dreadfully salty, fatty ,knife couldn't cut. VGC. Never eat here again , my sister got the vegetarian option a ciabatte sandwich and she had 1 bite and took it back, I should have done the same. . Data returned from the Piano 'meterActive/meterExpired' callback event. When you eventually get to the second till, they have no idea what your hot drinks order is and you have to tell them, then stand there like a chocolate log while they make the drinks. No, but you can have another regular drink with your order was the reply; It came the worst gammon Ihave ever Eaton in fact I left 99%. Did not seem as busy as usual but it was just after Christmas and I think every one still paying for the Christmas expenses. Came here for an end of term treat NO CRACKS OR CHIPS. All in all, and excellent lunch time with friends - thanks to all the staff who went above and beyond to serve us (despite the limitations of ingredients at the late hour) However the soup bowls supplied were not ! Map updates are paused. Just to add insult to injury, the coffee was awful. Their salad bar is really good as I like to be able to pick what I want. For a Deluxe afternoon tea, the cafe was extremely busy, which is a good sign I always think?! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Pleasent place to eat with some windows having great views. The standard afternoon tea arrived, I can see why its called standard! Not quite the pleasant lunch wed looked forward to. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Bread and contents could not have been 10mm thick and wasn't very nice either. But the 22 for 2 deluxe afternoon tea was a little lacking I feel .. sweet treats/cake/scone were nice average but nice, the fact that you can only choose 2 filling for your sandwiches was a little disappointing, prawns were served on not the freshest of white bread. We had been given a deluxe afternoon tea voucher for Christmas. Are you sure you want to delete this question? The standard afternoon tea arrived, I can see why its called standard! Very pleasant, Now mirfield garden centre We live close and visit on odd occasions. 255 reviews #2 of 3 Quick Bites in Mirfield - Quick Bites Cafe British. We offer one refill with our deluxe afternoon tea no unlimited Im afraid, therefore the staff member must sign a receipt. Four of us had the jacket potatoes with various fillings. The cafe is always quite busy whenever you go. They treated everyone with the greatest respect and care. More sauce than chicken and squashed flat in the toaster. The cakes etc were ok, the little dessert was very nice but the scone was extremely dry. The items in question you received were bought in and not to our standard. The food in this cafe is just first rate with a great selection and good prices. 255 Reviews. I can assureMore, Bloody awful! Map updates are paused. Ill be spending my hard earned cash elsewhere in future,More, Hi, When we went inMore, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. 6 cups 6 saucers 6 tea plates Lovely china tea set never used in perfect condition Collect from Whiteley 30. Our customers are the heart of our business, and we understand youre feeling disappointed about your afternoon tea. Not quite the pleasant lunch wed looked forward to. The cakes etc were ok, the little dessert was very nice but the scone was extremely dry. Had lunch there today1st December Everything about the meal was first class.The drink we all had was extra but all in all was worth it.Really good system they have which although very busy worked well. Stood at hot food counter for several minutes before order taken with minimal courtesy from staff. We were given a pot of tea at the point of ordering and we had finished this before we received our food. Then the very greasy potato wedges were the last feature of this Deluxe afternoon tea. Meals for children include omelette served with salad, beans or coleslaw. Customer Service par excellence - and a very nice lunch to boot! inaccuracy or intrusion, then please Nothing was too much trouble for them. We pre-booked to ensure we had a table. We are dog-friendly, and love meeting your canine companions. Who is the owner of Whiteleys Garden Centre? - a beautiful scone made with cherries, coated with luscious jam and a generous cream filling. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. He advised us as to which plants and compost would be suitable and also took it all to the car for me. However the staff are quite ignorant and they dont smile, also one time my aunty ordered a Cheesecake and it had a hair in! Visited for lunch and opted for the soup that was delicious.. We will be back. Again very disappointed. I ordered standard at 19 to then be told it included 2 hot drinks, I said Id already paid for 2 drinks at 6.70 so could we have the deluxe afternoon tea for 19 instead? The story of the British Garden Centres begins in the sleepy Lincolnshire village of Woodthorpe, the home of our company founders, Charles and Robert Stubbs. Please know wed like to make this right for you. Houseplants are an incredible accessory to your home and have incredible well-being benefits that help improve our mental and physical health. A friend told me when she had the deluxe she was offered chips at a surcharge, this was not offered to us. Garden Gift Home. I guess for 11 each it was ok, but not sure I would get it again.. Looking for seasonal advice or ideas on what to do in your garden, check out our blogs, which are full of great ideas and advice perfect for any season. You'll get a fantastic 4 course meal with tea/coffee and after dinner mints to finish. Kind regardsWhiteleys Garden Centre, Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. You are given a small teapot and if you want a refill the staff have to sign your receipt so you are not able to have more tea without paying for it. My daughter wanted the afternoon tea, so I went & ordered afternoon tea for 2. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. Very popular and busy cafe, serving a range of snacks and main meals. Join Bloc Projects to celebrate the launch of a new essay collection from the Asia-Art-Activism network. Excellent carvery meal. So I asked for gammon, with egg, The refillable coffee was given you in very large thick pot mug, although on my return to the counter to get my refill I did ask for a daintier cup and saucer. You are given a small teapot and if you want a refill the staff have to sign your receipt so you are not able to have more tea without paying for it. My partner got a breakfast and it was luke warm and the poached egg was hard. Very impressed with customer service especially the male barista! but we were under the impression that we would chose 2 sandwiches each, no we were only allowed to chose one each.

Porta Potties Dubai, Articles W

whiteleys garden centre afternoon tea