arkansas highway 10 project

Free shipping. Arkansas voters approved Ballot Issue No. info@ArDOT.gov, Arkansas Department of Transportation, 10324 I-30, Little Rock, AR 72209. AR 10 intersects AR 45 in Hackett, and continues east to Greenwood. info@ConnectingArkansasProgram.com, ArDOT Public Inform Benton County . To view construction progress photos, zoom in and scroll to find a camera icon and click it to see the most recent photos in a project area. A few of the completed projects include: All contracts include incentives and disincentives, per calendar days, to encourage contractors to adhere to the schedule. Typically, the ArDOT designs its road plans and contractors submit bids based on their estimated costs of doing the work, with the lowest bidder being awarded the contract. Landscaping Supply Store 2213 AR-5 Mountain Home, AR 72653 (870) 425-0288 ( 26 Reviews ) Mower Warehouse Lawn Mower Repair Service 17 Fulbright Dr Mountain Home, AR. All rights reserved, nothing may be reprinted or reproduced (including framing) in whole or part without written permission from the publisher. The project, the planning of which began six years ago, is the most expensive that . Kiewit worked with ArDOT during the design phase of the Cantrell Road project by providing constructability reviews, risk identification and mitigation, as well as design innovation and optimization. CAP Information Line The bridge will include an improved opening for the Arkansas River navigational channel. Motorists would travel west for a short distance, then make what amounts to a U-turn back to the east underneath the Cantrell Road ramp. This staff includes the Contract Estimates Section which is responsible for ensuring accuracy in the documenting of work completed by contractors and for the payment of those contractors. With over 63,000 Facebook followers, 58,000 Twitter followers, 35,000 Arkansas blog followers, and 70,000 daily email blasts, it's clear that our readers value our great journalism. TO: Highway Commission . The biggest highway project in Arkansas history has officially begun. Once the bridges are complete, each direction will have three through lanes, two collector/distributer lanes, an auxiliary lanefor a total of 12 lanesand full width shoulders all around. Our commitment to the people is to begin, continue, or complete the widening of the identified highway corridors to four or more travel lanes using the $1.8 billion generated during the 10 years the temporary sales tax increase is in place. Which Projects Are Being Funded By This program. This notice is available from the ADA/504/Title VI Coordinator in large print, on audiotape and in Braille. The sheets are used to protect the bridge structure and nearby traffic, Parker said. The Resident Engineer is directly responsible for field construction projects on roads, bridges, and any other construction projects that are assigned to the Resident Engineer. Job CA0605 Vandenberg Boulevard Highway 5, Job CA0401 Highway 71B Highway 412 Job CA0702 Hampton Highway 274 yds. I-30 travels from I-20 west of Fort Worth, Texas, northeast via Dallas, and Texarkana, Texas, to I-40 in North Little Rock, Arkansas.The highway parallels U.S. Highway 67 (US 67) except for the portion west of downtown Dallas (which was once part of I-20). Garver also helps balance bond sales and tax money coming in and going out. There are several ramp improvements at the I-630 interchange. Which Projects Are Being Funded By This program. In addition, one cent from the per-gallon motor fuels tax is allocated to a permanent State Aid Street Fund that has been established to allow cities and town to apply for $20 million in additional funds. With funding in place, ARDOT turned to prioritization of projects, initially letting projects based on what was "shelf-ready," Wylie said projects requiring minimum work or minor updating. Conway, Arkansas 72032 (501) 450-6105. The project's purpose is to develop an interstate highway system that addresses the above-described needs while minimizing the negative impacts to the natural and social environment. The Project is in Pulaski County, Arkansas, within the city of Little Rock. The Arkansas Department of Transportation on November 3 cut the ribbon on a newly paved portion of Highway 10. O-19-67. Help us deliver the latest daily reporting and analysis on news, politics, culture and food in Arkansas. East and West I-30 main lanes through the I-630 interchange narrowed from three to two lanes in both directions. The single-lane ramp will begin south of 9th Street and connect with the two-lane I-30 westbound ramp to I-630. AR 10 proceeds east past the Arkansas State Capitol along the Arkansas River and underneath Broadway Street (US 70), becoming LaHarpe Boulevard in downtown. The addition of this alternative is in response to comments received at the public involvement meetings. Projects I have contributed to include transportation design for state highway redevelopment, interstate design, Transportation Alternative Program trails, 100+ house residential subdivisions . Improvements on I-30 in Little Rock take place above a reconstructed I-30-Highway 10 split diamond interchange and along four main lanes in both directions between 3rd and 9th streets. Free language assistance for Limited English Proficient individuals is available upon request. These projects contribute to the six-lane widening of Interstate 49 between Fayetteville and Bentonville. The '30 Crossing' project will widen Interstate 30 and build a new river bridge with a $630-million price tag. The fourth and final step blasts the piers under the waterline and removes the final debris that is in the river navigation channel. Making it as easy as possible to find the news and equipment that you need and want. West Little Rock residents and commuters still have quite a while before things are polished. If you do not have internet access, please contact the Environmental Division at 501-569-2281 to ask questions and get information about the proposed project. The 30 Crossing project will widen a 6.7-mile corridor through downtown Little Rock and North Little Rock to 10 lanes between Interstate 530 in Little Rock and Interstate 40 in North Little Rock. Aerial photos provided by Kiewit Massman Construction. The Arkansas Department of Transportation (ArDOT) has announced that widening Cantrell Road (AR Highway 10) between Pleasant Ridge Road and Pleasant Valley Drive in Little Rock required the . 11/22/2021 State Highway 55 between Smiths Ferry and Round Valley will remain closed through Thanksgiving weekend (at least November 29) as crews work diligently to secure the rockslide area near the Rainbow Bridge, about 20 miles south of Cascade. The Curtis Sykes Drive entrance ramp to eastbound I-30 will be north and east to tie into I-40 east. Route 65/U.S. When complete, the improvements will enhance the transportation connection through central Arkansas, increase capacity, and improve traveler safety. The Arkansas state form is also deep set into the side of the bridge. 01/31/2022. McGeorge Contracting plans to complete the $75 million . Minute Order 2016-008 authorized a study to determine the need for and feasibility of improvements to Highway 72 between Interstate 49 in Bentonville Substantial completion is expected January 2025. As part of that work, Highway 10 will be reconstructed along existing 2nd Street and extended from Cumberland Drive, below I-30, to Mahlon Martin Street. The ramps braid with the Highway 10 traffic crossing over the Rodney Parham traffic on a bridge. Electronic Design Files, Environmental Documents, Existing Bridge Information, and Geotechnical Reports can be accessed by clicking on this linkADDITIONAL PROJECT INFORMATION. Thirty-one projects in 19 corridors across Arkansas are included in the CAP, which improves transportation connections to the four corners of Arkansas. When complete, the additional lanes will increase capacity and improve traveler . A collection of some of the most frequently asked questions concerning the Connecting Arkansas Program and the projects funded by the 10-year, half-cent sales tax. Arkansas State Highway Commission Hwy 65 Widening Coordination Letter Agreement of Understanding. AR 9/AR 10 run together pass Lake Harris Brake on to Perryville, past the Perry County Courthouse and south to Williams Junction, where AR 10 turns east to Little Rock. info@ConnectingArkansasProgram.com, ArDOT Public Inform Highway department has amended plans for Arkansas 112 improvements in Northwest Arkansas, now seeking public input by Ron Wood | July 20, 2021 at 7:18 a.m. Fort Washington, PA 19034 11/30/2021. Portions of the North Terminal will be reconstructed to remove an eastbound I-40 weaving issue between the North Terminal and the I-40/Highway 67 interchange. Making it as easy as possible to find the news and equipment that you need and want. Contact the Program Management Division at (501) 569-2261, or via e-mail atpmd@ardot.govfor additional information on currently advertised construction projects. Cantrell Road runs with neighborhoods to the south and parks to the north, passing Arkansas Baptist High School. The design also includes two turn-a-rounds under the Highway 10 overpass. ALL BIDS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY BY 10:00 A.M. AND 1:30 P.M. To effectively assist in the pre-construction phases of projects, maintain and report information related to construction projects. When complete, the additional lanes will increase capacity and improve traveler safety. ARDOT started construction of the $81 million project in June 2020, and the set completion date is March 31, 2023. This project continues the widening of Interstate 630 eastward from the Big Rock Interchange. Highway 10 will be reconstructed along existing 2nd Street and extended from Cumberland Drive, below I-30, to Maholon Martin Street. Preliminary report released in fatal Wauwatosa plane crash. Through a voter-approved constitutional amendment, the people of Arkansas passed a 10-year, half-cent sales tax to improve highway and infrastructure projects. Founded 1974, the Arkansas Times is a lively, opinionated source for news, politics & culture in Arkansas. The Connecting Arkansas Program is the largest highway construction program ever undertaken by the Arkansas Department of Transportation (ArDOT). Little Rock North Little Rock Conway metropolitan area, Harris Brake State Wildlife Management Area, Template:Attached KML/Arkansas Highway 10, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Arkansas_Highway_10&oldid=1137848878, Transportation in Pulaski County, Arkansas, Transportation in Sebastian County, Arkansas, Articles using NRISref without a reference number, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 6 February 2023, at 19:28. New signage on the upcoming Highway 10 bridge was hung last week, a visible indication that things are moving along with the construction that should quicken traffic with a flyover on Cantrell Road. Phase 1 occurs in Little Rock and North Little Rock. Electronic Design Files, Environmental Documents, Existing Bridge Information, and Geotechnical Reports can be accessed by clicking on this link ADDITIONAL PROJECT INFORMATION. Highway 10 Spur is a spur route of 3.07 miles (4.94km) in Sebastian County. Now we extend those services and information to the internet. Coordinating between the various divisions which are involved in the contract. The Staff Construction Engineers represent the Construction Office on field inspections and assist the District and Resident Engineers by recommending changes where construction difficulties have been encountered in the past. According to Wylie, 17 projects are completed; 12 are currently under construction; and 12 more are yet to be let to bid. To help keep track of so many projects, ARDOT contracted with Garver, an Arkansas-based consulting engineering firm specializing in water, transportation, aviation and heavy civil infrastructure. Downtown Little Rock and North Little Rock will experience loud noise associated with the removal of the existing concrete roadway. "Funding was an issue," Wylie said, emphasizing that the half-cent sales tax approved by Gov. Demolition operations will continue to be a 24-hour operation during the work week with the concrete-breaking operation occurring between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. Do you have a question, comment, suggestion or concern? Therefore, the Department does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national origin, religion (not applicable as a protected group under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Title VI Program), disability, Limited English Proficiency (LEP), or low-income status in the admission, access to and treatment in the Departments programs and activities, as well as the Departments hiring or employment practices. Construction Equipment Guide covers the nation with its four regional newspapers, offering construction and industry news and information along with new and used construction equipment for sale from dealers in your area. Arkansas Highway 10 is an east-west state highway in West Arkansas. A new wider bridge over I-30 will be constructed at 6th Street. [8] Cantrell Road continues past the Jackson Reservoir near the Cammack Village area, crossing University Avenue. All rights reserved, nothing may be reprinted or reproduced (including framing) in whole or part without written permission from the publisher. Crews will build a new, wider bridge over I-30 at 6th Street. The goal of these improvements is to create a safer, more efficient corridor through the downtown area. Project Number: 10-104. The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department has proposed widening Interstate 30 through Little Rock and North Little Rock from six to 10 lanes. Job CA0904 Highway 71B Highway 72 South Wave high speed fiber internet available too . Watkins would also be extended west to Arkansas . I-49 will connect western Arkansas to the larger Interstate Highway System, including Interstate 30 in Arkansas, Interstate 10 and Interstate 20 in . The sharp curves around the build and stop-and-go traffic urge drivers to keep their eyes on the road. The contractor for the 30 Crossing project will begin bridge demolition operations on Monday, September 19. Based upon the Environmental Assessment (EA), additional information included in the FONSI document, and the Disposition of Public Comments for the Location and Design Public Hearing, FHWA concludes that the proposed project will not have a significant impact on the environment. "Land-based cranes are a variety of sizes but mainly Manitowoc and Tadano brand," Kimichik said, adding that the marine-based cranes also are a variety of sizes, but mainly Manitowoc and Liebherr brand. of concrete; and 25,485 linear ft. of RC pipe culverts. The steel is taken off the river and sent to the scrap yard. The state of Arkansas embarked on its biggest highway construction program ever undertaken by the Arkansas Department of Transportation, and the people couldn't be more excited. Thu May 13, 2021 - Southeast Edition #10 "Funding for the CAP2 is not available until July 2023," Wylie said. Questions pertaining to projects during the advertisement period should be addressed to [] Speaking of Melissa Carper, check out this scene from Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Friday COVID, open line nearly 1,200 new cases, little changes elsewhere. Planned street closures will be utilized in Little Rock and North Little Rock to allow demo over city streets for the next two months; Phase 1 is expected to last until the end of 2022 and complete demo in nine months. HSIP - Highway Safety Improvement Program Reports; Annual Wrong-Way Crash Studies; Strategic Highway Safety Plan; Crash Statistics; ACAT - Arkansas Crash Analytics Tool; Traffic Incident Management (TIM) Upcoming TIM Training Events; Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Deployment Plan; Districts. The design also includes a feature known as a "Texas turnaround," which will allow drivers traveling south on I-430 to turn east on Cantrell. A second lane will be added from the westbound frontage road entrance ramp to I-30 westbound at I-630. Zoom in and scroll to find a specific area of the I-30 corridor in Little Rock and North Little Rock. A collection of some of the most frequently asked questions concerning the Connecting Arkansas Program and the projects funded by the 10-year, half-cent sales tax. "We provide additional organization scheduling, cash flow," Mott said. info@ConnectingArkansasProgram.com, ArDOT Public Inform After the bridge is opened to traffic, construction will continue westward on Cantrell Road with drainage and paving projects, Parker said. Read our privacy policy here.Mastodon. Deputy Director & Chief Engineer Rex Vines, Assistant Chief Engineer for Planning Jared Wiley, Assistant Chief Engineer for Design Mike Fugett, Assistant Chief Engineer for Operations Steve Frisbee, Assistant Chief for Administration Kevin Thornton, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Summary Reports, Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) & Environmental Assessments (EA), Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) Histories, Geospatial Information Systems (GIS)/Data Management, Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), Little Rock Area Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP), Notice for Public Comment, DTS Contract and Contract Information Packet, Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Overweight Forestry Equipment, and Overweight Forestry Equipment Rules, Motor Fuel Import-Export Permits Order Form, Arkansas Commercial Truck Safety and Education Program (ACTSEP), Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP), Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP), Properties for Sale and Bid Proposal Requests, Center for Training Transportation Professionals (CTTP), Arkansas Technology Transfer (T2) Advisory Committee, Transportation-Related Research Grant Program (TRRGP), HSIP Highway Safety Improvement Program Reports, Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Deployment Plan, Statewide Long Range Intermodal Transportation Plan. The new alternative in the Cave Springs/Bentonville area and the modified alternative around Cave Springs will be evaluated in the Environmental Assessment that is currently being completed. 11-year-old girl killed, driver in critical condition after crash near OK-51S and 650 Road near Southard, Oklahoma. As if CAP1 wasn't a big enough project for Arkansas, plans are already under way for CAP2. The Arkansas River Bridge will be reconstructed to three through lanes with two collector-distributor lanes and an auxiliary lane in both directions. The construction plan includes widening Highway 10 to six lanes, divided with a center median from Pleasant Ridge Road to Please Valley Drive, said. In North Little Rock, additional lanes continue eastbound through the Broadway Street interchange to Bishop Lindsey Avenue. August 22-28, 2022 By Wesley Brown Arkansas highway officials said the downtown 30 Crossing project has reached a major milestone as construction workers are prepping to shift traffic onto the newly constructed I-30 Arkansas River bridge during the upcoming Labor Day holiday. What the committee came up with was a constitutional amendment to levy a temporary sales-and-use tax. Job CA0901 Highway 264 New Hope Road Fort Washington, PA 19034 The bridge is getting quite the makeover its original concrete gray color is covered with a natural brown color to aesthetically enhance the structure and help it blend in with its environment, Parker said. 11/08/2021. The construction plan includes widening Highway 10 to six lanes, divided with a center median from Pleasant Ridge Road to Please Valley Drive, said Dave Parker, spokesperson for the Arkansas . Some of the highlights include the continuation of widening projects started with CAP1 along major corridors such as Arkansas highways 412, 65, 270 and 82. The corridor will extend generally from Interstate 530 to Highway 67. We will likely get to around 150 by the end of summer.". Highway Construction Map - lane closures, road construction. The Arkansas Department of Transportation (ARDOT . All build alternatives begin at Walnut Ridge, Arkansas and end at the Arkansas-Missouri state line, a distance of approximately 42 miles. It also includes new location work on multi-billion-dollar high-priority interstates 49 and 69. A public involvement meeting was held on March 25, 2014 in Maumelle to present and discuss the proposed plans for improvements to the I-40/I-430 interchange and widening . AR 10 was one of the original 1926 Arkansas State Highways, and remains very close to that routing today. The Tip of the CAP event in Jonesboro will celebrate highway improvements in Northeastern Arkansas made possible by the half-cent sales tax revenue dedicated to road and bridge projects. Now we extend those services and information to the internet. The Project is in Pulaski County, Arkansas, within the city of Little Rock. A new ramp lane will be constructed from the eastbound I-630 ramp to the eastbound I-30 frontage road. [1] Its western terminus is at U.S. Route 71, just west of Greenwood, while its eastern terminus is at Arkansas Highway 10 near downtown Greenwood. By increasing traffic and encouraging auto-oriented development, the project threatens to conflict with the revitalization of downtown Little Rock that has taken place in recent years. Until the mid-1960s, this road was part of the original alignment of U.S. 71. "Kiewit Massman Construction has been closely coordinating with ARDOT and utility owners well in advance of breaking ground to work through all necessary ROW acquisitions and utility relocations to keep the project on schedule," Kimichik said. Construction on the 30 Crossing project will require a long-term closure of McGowen Street in Little Rock in early October. The clover leaf ramps will be removed and the right-of-way between President Clinton Avenue and 3rd Street will be regraded to accommodate future use as a public space. Job CA1002 Manila East, Job CA0705 County Road 27 Highway 79 Contributor articles do not necessarily reflect the policy or opinions of this publication.

Is Glycogen A Reducing Sugar, Hospital Board Member Salary, Abbey Gelmi Miss Universe, Michael Goguen Wife, Jamie, Beechcraft Duke Vs Baron, Articles A

arkansas highway 10 project