Debbie Lesko (Republican Party) is a member of the U.S. House, representing Arizona's 8th Congressional District.She assumed office on May 7, 2018. Chuck served our country honorably and has been a supporter of Americas veterans for decades, said Congresswoman Lesko. I would do anythinganythingto protect my five grandchildren. She has instead claimed that "certainly not the majority of it" is human-caused. He currently serves as the Second Vice President for the State Council of Arizona Vietnam Veterans of America and volunteers as the Chief Veterans Service Officer for Arizona. From tax relief for working families to removing burdensome regulations on businesses to strengthening our national defense, Im proud of the work we have done. A strong supporter of our MAGA Agenda, Debbie is working tirelessly to Secure our Border, Uphold the Rule of Law, Defend our Second Amendment, Support our Military and Vets, and Hold the Biden Administration accountable for their absolute incompetence. Paul Gosar's chief of staff . In the past week, LegiStorm added: 331 new people; 76 new organizations; 187 new photos; 716 job history records for people in our database; 286 education records for people in our database; 1278 contact addresses, emails and URLs (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. ", 2018 Debbie Lesko for Congress They turned my speech about protecting Second Amendment rights and my right to protect my grandchildren from violent criminals into a claim I would harm my own grandchildren. [4], On November 4, 2008, Lesko was elected to the Arizona House of Representatives. Happily married mother of three children and five grandchildren, Current U.S. Congresswoman Arizona District 8. ", I proudly support Debbie's bid for Congress so that she can join me in fighting for a secure border and efficient federal government. They filed for bankruptcy again that year. ", Debbie Lesko has been a fearless champion for conservative values during her time in the Arizona legislature, and I know she'll bring the same grit and determination to Washington. debbie lesko chief of staff. Index of Rep. Debbie Lesko's staff, past and present Adler, Chad R. Babb, Alison Dyer Bender, Jeannine M. Branson, Ross W. Bravo, Roberto S. III (Bobby) Byers, Charles G. Jr. (Chuck) Castillo, John Michael Clark, Annie N. Crouch, Sarah G. Delaney, Regan E. DiGuglielmo, Giulia R. Doherty, Kathryn J. She brings over a decade of experience on Capitol Hill. Enter your email address to get the latest updates straight to your inbox. It never ceases to amaze me the lengths gun control zealots will go! Lesko wrote on Twitter. The United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps one of the eight uniformed services is solely committed to protecting, promoting and advancing the nations health and safety. Menu viscount royal caravan. PHOENIX, AZ - Debbie Lesko, who just won a resounding victory in the Republican primary to replace former Rep. Trent Frank in Congress, now faces a second . If you are using our Services via a browser you can restrict, block or remove cookies through your web browser settings. Donate, 2018 Debbie Lesko for Congress 623-512-9281. Once again, colleagues and friends encouraged her to throw her hat in the ring. Since first being elected, my staff and I have dedicated ourselves to helping constituents and addressing issues that affect our district, our state and our nation. We must also expand Cyber Command to protect our infrastructure and we must ensure our intelligence assets have the tools they need to continue to defeat terrorists. PHOENIX, AZ Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday endorsed conservative U.S. Congresswoman Debbie Lesko in her reelection effort for Arizona's 8th District. In the past week, LegiStorm added: Rep. Debbie Lesko (R-Ariz.) may have voted against reauthorizing the Export-Import Bank, but she's fine with hiring her chief of staff from the agency. For complete information about the cookies we use, data we collect and how we process them, please check our. She was reelected in 2010 and 2012. In 2016, she ran unopposed in the primary and general election. Rep. Debbie Lesko was among a group of House Republicans who attended a late December 2020 meeting at the White House as President Donald Trump and his advisers strategized about how to sidestep the election results. [55][bettersourceneeded], Lesko was among 60 Republicans voting against condemning Trump's withdrawal from Syria.[56]. ", In a strong field that includes some excellent candidates, Debbie Lesko has produced legislative accomplishments that cannot be overstated. We must secure our border, period. "[52] Lesko introduced a resolution to recognize Medicare and Social Security as an important benefit that should be strengthened for future generations. Donate to Debbie's campaign for the U.S. House of Representatives in Congressional District 8 I had seen reports that the media had done of different patients through no fault of their own were getting these surprise medical bills. Congresswoman Debbie Lesko Feb 2021 - Oct 20219 months Washington DC Senior Vice President, Office of Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs Export-Import Bank of the United States Jul 2019 -. In 2012, Mr. Lesko was the Get-Out-the-Vote Director for President Obamas campaign in Ohio, drawing from his 19 months with Obama for America in 2007 and 2008. LegiStorm is constantly adding new information on the people, places and reports in our database. Lesko rejects the scientific consensus on climate change, which states that climate change is progressing, dangerous, and primarily human caused. MediaBrush Marketing is delighted to announce Emily Piernick and Evetta Poley have joined to expand our social engagement team. "I have five. Sig Rattler Problems, What Does The Bible Say About Forcing Religion On Others, Dump Truck Owner Operator Jobs In Georgia. [House Hearing, 117 Congress] [From the U.S. Government Publishing Office] TECHNOLOGY MODERNIZATION FUND: REWRITING OUR IT LEGACY ===== HEARING BEFORE THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS OF THE COMMITTEE ON OVERSIGHT AND REFORM HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES ONE HUNDRED SEVENTEENTH CONGRESS SECOND SESSION _____ MAY 25, 2022 _____ Serial No. Her current term ends on January 3, 2025. Because of my strong pro-life record, I have received the support and endorsement of the Susan B. Anthony List, an important national pro-life organization, and I have consistently been endorsed by Arizona Right to Life, have a 100% rating with the Center for Arizona Policy and been named Friend of the Family by the Arizona Family Project. I welcome Chuck to the team in my Glendale office, and I look forward to working with him to assist veterans in our community. What Does The Bible Say About Forcing Religion On Others, She uses an American common-sense approach to point out the flawed thinking of those who argue that infringing on the. . WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today, Congresswoman Debbie Lesko (AZ-08) announced the newest staff member to the Glendale District Office, Charles "Chuck" G. Byers, Jr. Chuck will assist Arizona veterans and active duty servicemembers in the Eighth Congressional District. [1] Post-election analysis [13][14] It was the closest contest in what is now the 8th since 1976, when Bob Stump won what was then the 3rd District with just 47% of the vote[15] (the district was renumbered as the 2nd in 2003, and has been the 8th since 2013). Get the recap of top opinion commentary and original content throughout the week. Box 45388 Phoenix, AZ 85064 623-512-9281. . He is a native Arizonan and a two time graduate from Arizona State University with his B.S. Debra Kay Lesko (ne Lorenz; born November 14, 1958) is an American politician and a Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives, representing Arizona's 8th congressional district since 2018. Note that the salary index for a given time period does not necessarily reflect exactly who is on staff at the present time. Washington, D.C. 20201 President Obama was a tax-and-spend liberal, and in his short reign, he accumulated more debt than all previous Presidents combined. The Democrats push for a complete government takeover of health care will leave the American people with fewer options, lower quality of care, increased taxes and saddle our country with trillions more in debt. There, she gave remarks, . ", "McCain and Flake ripped Trump's Putin performance, but other Ariz. reps mostly silent", "Republicans aren't taking chances in the Arizona special election to replace Trent Franks", "Contraception exemption bill may be finished", "Glendale lawmaker defends her birth-control bill", "Birth-control-exclusion bill goes to Arizona Senate", "House approves unannounced, warrantless abortion clinic inspections", "My statement on the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Dobbs v. Jackson", "How Each Arizona Representative Voted on President Donald Trump's Impeachment", "Arizona lawmakers split, as House takes historic vote to impeach Trump", "The GOP's closing impeachment argument: Denying basic facts", "Biden officially secures enough electors to become president", "Supreme Court Rejects Texas Suit Seeking to Subvert Election", "Brief from 126 Republicans supporting Texas lawsuit in Supreme Court", "Supreme court rejects Trump-backed Texas lawsuit aiming to overturn election results", "Pelosi Statement on Supreme Court Rejecting GOP Election Sabotage Lawsuit", "The 147 Republicans Who Voted to Overturn Election Results", "Lesko, Tipirneni contrast views on health, taxes and guns in final CD8 joint appearance", "Effort to offer high-interest loans in Arizona appears to be dead", "Backers of higher Arizona minimum wage use extra cash to target candidates", "Replacing Trent Franks: GOP nervous even in heavily Republican Arizona district", "Here's where West Valley congressional candidates stand on climate change", "Measure allows utilities to charge separate rates for solar customers", "Your Freedom is Under Attack! "I have five. Hayes served as Rep. Debbie Lesko's chief of staff just before working at HHS. Sign up now. Senator Lesko is a tireless worker and a fighter like me. Debbie Lesko, the Republican candidate for Tuesday's special election to Arizona's 8th Congressional District, cut her teeth in the state legislature, where she has long . Leskovoted againstan EXIM reauthorization bill in 2019; later that year,Congress reauthorizedthe agency through 2026 as part of a spending package that averted a government shutdown. Debbie Lesko is our best choice for Congress." Governor Jan Brewer Served as the Republican Co-Chair of the Bipartisan Congressional Caucus on Womens Issues, Co-Chair of the Bipartisan Working Group to End Domestic Violence, Co-Chair of the Crime Survivors and Justice Caucus, Member of the Republican Study Committee Steering Committee, Member of the Border Security Caucus, Western Caucus, Native American Caucus, Values Action Team, Pro-Life Caucus, Fragile X Caucus, General Aviation Caucus, International Religious Freedom Caucus, Suburban Caucus, Baby Caucus, Direct Selling Caucus, Congressional Lung Cancer Caucus, Taiwan Caucus, Congressional Cyber Security Caucus, Congressional Caucus on Diabetes, Congressional Air Force Caucus, Congressional Army Caucus, Congressional Defense Communities Caucus, Congressional Joint Strike Fighter Caucus, Congressional Military Family Caucus, Missile Defense Caucus, United Service Organizations Congressional Caucus, Creative Rights Caucus, Explosive Ordinance Disposal Caucus, Colorado River Caucus, Candy Caucus, Women Veterans Task Force, Law Enforcement Caucus, and U.S Japan Caucus, Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Arizona Senate President Pro-Tempore & Appropriations Chairman 2017 Jan. 2018, Arizona State Senator Legislative District 21, 2015 Jan. 2018, Arizona State Representative Legislative District 21, 2008 2014, Advisory Council member, Faith House Domestic Violence Shelter, Supporter and former member of Fighter Country Partnership (, Served as member of the Ironwood High School Booster Club, Served on the Desert Valley Elementary School Site Council (, Served as PTA fund-raising chairman for childrens school, Served as neighborhood leader with the City of Glendale Community Partnership program, Served as Arizona Federation of Taxpayers Board Member, Served as Elected Officer of the State and County Republican Party, Served on the 2025 City of Glendale Master Plan committee, Served as a hearing officer in the North Valley Justice Court, Served as Legislative District 9 Republican Chairman, Served as voter registration chairman for the Maricopa County Republican Party, Served as 1st Vice President of the Arrowhead Republican Women Club. Lesko, the only female member of the House Freedom Caucus, joins "Problematic Women" to explain how she. [31] Lesko introduced the Dismemberment Abortion Ban Act in the 117th Congress. At that event, Bossie, who was not wearing a mask, stood alongside U.S. Reps. Paul Gosar and Debbie Lesko, both Republicans from Arizona, state party chairwoman Kelli Ward, former Trump campaign . [6], In 2014, Lesko was elected to the Arizona State Senate. debbie lesko chief of staff. Premiums have continued to rise and access to care has diminished. In the 118th Congress, Lesko voted for the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act. Protecting Social Security and Medicare for our seniors is one of my top priorities. Rep. Debbie Lesko, R-Peoria, wants to continue to focus on the economy. She and Biggs were among 120 House Republicans to join a long-shot lawsuit that day . [22], As of October 2021, Lesko had voted in line with Joe Biden's stated position 13.9% of the time.[23]. Trump's former chief of staff, from blocking its subpoenas for more information from him about the runup to the riot. [8], Lesko won the Republican nomination and faced the Democratic nominee, physician Hiral Tipirneni, in the general election on April 24. June 3, 2022 . Arizona U.S. Rep. Debbie Lesko, R-Ariz.,speaking, Republican Party Chairwoman . I am so proud of my record to uphold the sanctity of life and protect the unborn. Additionally, he served in the Department of Homeland Security in the Office of Legislative Affairs and the National Protection and Programs Directorate. E-Mail, contactcenter@gpo.gov. Lesko, who sits on the House Judiciary Committee, was asked during an interview on "The National Report . Chief of Staff to Congresswoman Debbie Lesko. Rep. Debbie Lesko (R-Ariz.) may have voted against reauthorizing the Export-Import Bank, but she's fine with hiring her chief of staff from the agency. Heading into the election the incumbent was Republican Debbie Lesko, who was first elected in 2018. She won the election on April 24, with 52.6% of the vote to Tipirneni's 47.4. Lesko successfully ran for . [27][28][29] She has proposed legislation that would allow health officials to conduct warrantless and unannounced inspections of abortion clinics, which critics said undermined the privacy of the clinics' patients. - Arts & Entertainment, CA LA Times. FILE - Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, takes part in a discussion at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Feb. 26, 2022, in Orlando, Fla. Texting with then-White House chief of staff Mark . In 1988, Lesko was charged with a misdemeanor in Conroe, Texas, for tampering with government records. Lesko has been described as a loyal ally of former President Donald Trump. But there is so much more to do especially in the area of improving healthcare, border security and fighting the coronavirus pandemic. We need a reformed tax code that allows citizens to fill out their tax returns on a postcard. Rep. Debbie Lesko, a Republican from Arizona, added her voice to those calling for Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro N. Mayorkas to resign or face impeachment. Trump's former chief of staff, from blocking its subpoenas for more information from him about the runup to the riot. Hello! Her name changes were associated with Ignas, who also went by different names. Paul Gosar's chief of staff tried to intercept a plane rumored to be full of fake votes for Biden: court docs . Try looking for raw versions of committee filings . Lesko attended the 2019 "Pro-Life Con" event at the Family Research Council, a Southern Poverty Law Center designated hate group. Senior Citizens: Medicare, Social Security, Library of Congress Surplus Books Program, Congresswoman Debbie Lesko Statement on USA FREEDOM Reauthorization Act, Congresswoman Debbie Lesko Introduces Legislation to Honor Fallen Navy SEAL in Surprise, Lesko Announces Veterans Event in Peoria. ); 16 new people through the revolving door Previously he served as the National Executive Director of the Childrens Defense Fund, where he was since 2017, whose mission is to provide a strong, effective, and independent voice for all the children in America, with particular attention paid to the needs of poor children, children of color, and children with disabilities. About - debbielesko About It has been an honor and a privilege to serve the people of Congressional District 8 in the U.S. Congress. Paid for by Debbie Lesko for Congress . Lesko was born in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. The chief of staff for Rep. Paul Gosar of Arizona tried to catch a plane rumored to be full of fake votes, according to a recent court document. Whatever her misgivings, by Dec. 10, 2020, Lesko was more involved in the effort to avert Trump's election loss. The district is in the West Valley portion of the Phoenix metropolitan area and includes Glendale, Surprise, Sun City, Peoria . Debbie Lesko has my Complete and Total Endorsement! The committee heard testimony from Cassidy Hutchinson, a former executive assistant to Meadows, who said that at least 10 lawmakers, including Biggs, Gosar and Arizona Republican Rep. Debbie Lesko (who says she doesn't recall this) met with Meadows in late . Phoenix, AZ 85064 "I have five. 77: Opposing the decision to end certain United States -- House Vote #560 -- Oct 16, 2019", https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2022/12/PF_2023.01.03_religion-congress_REPORT.pdf, "State of Arizona Official Canvass 2014 General Election November 4, 2014", "State of Arizona Official Canvass 2012 Primary Election August 28, 2012", "State of Arizona Official Canvass 2012 General Election November 6, 2012", "State of Arizona Official Canvass 2010 Primary Election August 24, 2010", "State of Arizona Official Canvass 2010 General Election November 2, 2010", "State of Arizona Official Canvass 2008 Primary Election September 2, 2008", "State of Arizona Official Canvass 2008 General Election November 4, 2008", "Arizona Special Election Results: Eighth House District", "2018 Arizona primary special election results", "State of Arizona - Official Canvass - 2020 General Election", "2022 General Election Statewide Canvass", Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, United States representatives by seniority, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Debbie_Lesko&oldid=1142286463, Former co-chair, Congressional Caucus on Women's Issues (116th Congress), 2014: Lesko ran for the open Arizona Senate District 21 held by retiring Senator, 2012: Redistricted to District 21 alongside fellow Republican Representative, This page was last edited on 1 March 2023, at 15:34. Late Friday night, the House Select Committee filed a motion in federal court for summary judgment against a suit by Mark Meadows, Trump's former White House chief of staff, backing Meadows . Also, aides for any relevant committees, leadership offices, campaign committees and leadership PACs will not be included here, nor do we have data for unpaid staff such as interns or people who are "detailed" from the GAO, executive branch or private sector. Republican Debbie Lesko represents Arizona's 8th Congressional District in the United States House of Representatives. Use the form below to sign up for my newsletter and get the latest news and updates directly to your inbox. Walton Lake Apartments Collierville, Tn, University Of Lincoln New Vice Chancellor, She has earned our trust. She said Hutchinson testified that she "believes" Lesko was present, suggesting she "is not sure and cannot confirm her. "Arizona is my home, and I am grateful for the opportunity to join Great Leaders, Strong Schools during this critical time for K-12 education," said Matthew Simon. She was endorsed by the Arizona Police Association, AZ Right to Life, and the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce. In May 2018, she was sworn in to the U.S. House of Representatives after . We also use content and scripts from third parties that may use tracking technologies. Her contributions to the newspaper included opinion pieces about illegal immigration and domestic violence. Recently, she harsh words for the push to expand the use of electrical vehicles. . Paul Gosar's chief of staff tried to intercept a plane rumored to be full of fake votes for Biden: court docs . Before serving as . Washington, DC 20515 202-225-4576 Congresswoman Lesko also announced the hiring of several key staff members, including her Chief of Staff, Abby Gunderson-Schwarz. ", "Republican wins US House race in Arizona GOP stronghold Your Valley", "Watch The Arizona 8th Special Election Like A Pro", "Why the win for Republicans in Arizona 8 is still good for Democrats", "Our Campaigns - AZ District 3 Race - Nov 02, 1976", "GOP Unsettled by Narrow Win in US House Race in Arizona", "Debbie Lesko accused of moving $50K from campaign to a PAC that backs Lesko", "GOP primary winner, Debbie Lesko, faces 2nd federal election law complaint", "Arizona Election Results: Eighth Congressional District", "In Tulsa for Trump's rally, Rep. Debbie Lesko sometimes wore a mask, sometimes didn't", "Does Your Member Of Congress Vote With Or Against Biden? Memo: Emmers son has new job in Congress, As the pandemic ebbs, Minnesota lawmakers and their staff resume taking free trips, Export-Import Bank of the United States Office of Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs. FILE - Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, takes part in a discussion at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Feb. 26, 2022, in Orlando, Fla. Texting with then-White House chief of staff Mark . Rep. Mark Meadows speaks to members of the media as Reps. Lee Zeldin , Debbie Lesko , Mike Johnson and John Ratcliffe listen during a break of the. You can count on me to fight for all residents of District 8. In October 1992, Lesko and Ignas filed for Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection. Audience Editor - SEO ProPublica. This can be because: We're still processing the data. Senior Staff Editor - Special Projects, NY NYT. Debbie Lesko, the Republican candidate for Tuesday's special election to Arizona's 8th Congressional District, cut her teeth in the state legislature, where she has long served as the point. She urged Congress members to vote against the bill. Now, Democrats in Congress are pushing for a complete government takeover of our entire health care system. [42] She favors a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution, and said that "on the federal level, there has to be a lot of areas where we can cut spending. [36][37][38] House Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued a statement that called signing the amicus brief an act of "election subversion". Arizona Republican Rep. Debbie Lesko opposes Democrats' climate change plans. LegiStorm is constantly adding new information on the people, places and reports in our database. Now more than ever, we need proven conservatives like Debbie who won't back down and will never compromise their values. Her current term ends on January 3, 2023. Lesko ( Republican Party) ran for re-election to the U.S. House to represent Arizona's 8th Congressional District. Lesko said, "I knew this was an ongoing problem. [30] She supported the 2022 overturning of Roe v. Senator Lesko is a tireless worker and a fighter like me. "I. Rep. Debbie Lesko was said to be among a group of House Republicans who attended a late December 2020 meeting at the White House as President Donald Trump and his advisers strategized about how. The laws need to be enforced. LegiStorm is constantly adding new information on the people, places and reports in our database. [22] When asked about the public health risk the rally posed, she responded, "I think the Trump administration and the campaign is doing all it can by doing temperature checks and handing out masks. [43] In 2016, she opposed efforts to increase the minimum wage in Arizona to $10 by 2017 and $12 by 2020.[44]. Lesko favors empowering private schools and charter schools. Memo: Emmers son has new job in Congress, As the pandemic ebbs, Minnesota lawmakers and their staff resume taking free trips, Yazdani-Zonoz, Ebrahim Sana (Ebbie Yazdani). WASHINGTON, D.C. Today, Congresswoman Debbie Lesko (AZ-08) announced the newest staff member to the Glendale District Office, Charles Chuck G. Byers, Jr. Chuck will assist Arizona veterans and active duty servicemembers in the Eighth Congressional District. Her parents are Delores and Don Lorenz. debbie lesko chief of staffhtml5 interactive animation. The case was dropped in 1994. She filed for divorce in September 1993. Name Title Phone Email; Abadam, Vidalina : Agricultural Economist: 202-690-0734: vidalina.abadam@usda.gov: Adam, Brian D. Branch Chief, Crops: 816-412-4101 Two Republican members of Arizona's Congressional Caucus, David Schweikert and Debbie Lesko, are being accused of joining all Democrats to pass a piece of legislation which would fund a federal vaccination database.

Velo Dog Pistol Value, Fort Myers Fishing Spots, David Senak Now, Is It Safe To Take Fat Burners While Pregnant, Articles D

debbie lesko chief of staff